• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

CNSNews.com Ground Zero Mosque Group Says It Has No Plan to Move Site or Meet With N

jamesrage

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
Good for them. There is no reason they should cave to be a bunch of idiots trying to pin 9-11 on all muslims.

CNSNews.com - Ground Zero Mosque Group Says It Has No Plan to Move Site or Meet With N.Y. Governor
CNSNews.com) – The organization planning to build a mosque and Islamic center near Ground Zero denied reports Tuesday about a scheduled meeting to discuss the matter with New York Gov. David Paterson. The group reaffirmed that it has no intention of moving the controversial project.

Last edited:
Re: Ground Zero Mosque Group Says It Has No Plan to Move Site or Meet With N.Y. Gover

While I think the group has every right to build where they are building, I don't think it would be a bad idea to just hear our the Governor. If anything it will show that they do care how it may look to people building a mosque two blocks from Ground Zero.

Re: Ground Zero Mosque Group Says It Has No Plan to Move Site or Meet With N.Y. Gover

Not surprised one bit by their actions.

While I think the group has every right to build where they are building, I don't think it would be a bad idea to just hear our the Governor. If anything it will show that they do care how it may look to people building a mosque two blocks from Ground Zero.

I am pretty sure the mosque builders are aware that there are some idiots trying to pin 9-11 on all muslims. They should not care seeing how it was not them who flew planes into the trade towers

Good for them. There is no reason they should cave to be a bunch of idiots trying to pin 9-11 on all muslims.

CNSNews.com - Ground Zero Mosque Group Says It Has No Plan to Move Site or Meet With N.Y. Governor
CNSNews.com) – The organization planning to build a mosque and Islamic center near Ground Zero denied reports Tuesday about a scheduled meeting to discuss the matter with New York Gov. David Paterson. The group reaffirmed that it has no intention of moving the controversial project.

You just blew it, James. You are now going to be targeted by a few here as a fake Conservative. LOL. That's OK, though. I know you are the real deal. :)

Last edited:

I am pretty sure the mosque builders are aware that there are some idiots trying to pin 9-11 on all muslims. They should not care seeing how it was not them who flew planes into the trade towers

I agree, but I think you would agree with me that images mean a lot. If it looks like the builders are taking the consideration of those upset then it could help their image. I don't think that they should move, but a positive image would help their cause.

I agree, but I think you would agree with me that images mean a lot. If it looks like the builders are taking the consideration of those upset then it could help their image. I don't think that they should move, but a positive image would help their cause.

As long as the mosque builders make their mosque in the proposed location those against it will still see it as "dirty muslim trying to make a memorial to celebrate the 9-11 attacks". They should not cater to political correctness by changing locations or trying to reassure that they are not building a monument to terrorists.

Last edited:

As long as the mosque builders make their mosque in the proposed location those against it will still see it as "dirty muslim trying to make a memorial to celebrate the 9-11 attacks". They should not cater to political correctness by changing locations or trying to reassure that they are not building a monument to terrorists.

Yeah that is true. I think I am just hoping most people will change their mind about out if they think Muslims understand why some are upset. Maybe I am being a little too optimistic.

Would you build a German consulate next to Auschwitz?

Would you build an LAPD Recruiting Station next to the place where Rodney King was beaten?

Would you build a memorial to the Oklahoma City Bomber next to the Murrah Building site?

No.

The Cordoba Initiative has been insensative and as such, have caved into their right-wing, Islamic base.

It is sad that Mr. Obama supports the Temple of Hate.

Would you build an LAPD Recruiting Station next to the place where Rodney King was beaten?

Would you build a memorial to the Oklahoma City Bomber next to the Murrah Building site?

No.

The Cordoba Initiative has been insensative and as such, have caved into their right-wing, Islamic base.

He supports their constitutional right to build it. That doesn't mean he supports the mosque itself.

It's highly amusing you spend alot of your time discussing the bigotry and intolerance of Islam or Muslims and then display none yourself when it comes to Muslims worship and have that as your signature. Btw, I think you mean 'Muslim men' not 'Islamic'

Last edited:

soccerboy:

They do have a constitutional right ....... but ethically, it is wrong, and liberal's know it.

Obama, deep down, has an intense dislike of American exceptionalism; the mosque at GZ gives him the chance as chief executive to "stick it to < add conservative group here >" under the rubric - "freedom of religion."

Interesting how Obama *TRASHED* Christianity at his campaign stop in Pennyslvania in 2008 but is enveloped in love for *sharia law*, which murders gays and lesbians.

As such, as a Gay Separatist and libertarian, I have no choice but to label the mosque a Temple of Hate and Obama, a racist, homophibic bigot ... though, like the Senator in THE BIRDCAGE, he still wants our vote.

Obama is an effiminate ****tard who gives speeches about freedom then wraps himself in the Qu'ran and speaks in golden elogance about the pedophilic-drug addict Mohammed as a Christ figure. Screw him and his Kooo-ran.

MOVE TO SAUDI Barack. See how they treat you there.

Take Barney Frank with you ... and

... put Hillary in charge. Hillary would have shot down this idea had she been President.

Then again she has cajones ... unlike the effiminate boy President.

Memo to lib's: Not all homosexuals believe that Obama walks on water.

Last edited:

He supports their constitutional right to build it. That doesn't mean he supports the mosque itself.

I feel, with the way he threw himself and the entire democratic party into this debate, it may be a little more than that.

soccerboy:

They do have a constitutional right ....... but ethically, it is wrong, and liberal's know it.

You do know ethics are not a solid "this is true/this is false" thing and that it really is subjective, right?

Interesting how Obama *TRASHED* Christianity at his campaign stop in Pennyslvania in 2008 but is enveloped in love for *sharia law*, which murders gays and lesbians.[/QUOTE}

[citation needed]

I have no choice but to label the mosque a Temple of Hate and Obama, a racist, homophibic bigot ...

And unless you got proof, I'll have no choice but to label you as a loony.

as I have said before...I have no problem with this mosque because I don't blame American Muslims for 9/11 but blame the true culprits Al Qaeda. You know there is a mosque in the pentagon, why aren't you right wingers going ape **** over that?

Me: Against the Mosque = racist bigot.
Harry Reid: Against the Mosque = racist bigot.
Howard Dean: Against the Mosque = racist bigot.

Ok guys, whose next?

Which DEM is next?

Come on....

*** Breaking News ***

Howard Dean is now on record: MOVE THE MOSQUE. Attacks liberal critics!

Link: Dean Stands By Mosque Remarks, Charges Liberal Critics With Being Inflexible

Seems he is attacking the right wing more then criticizing the left. At least he gives a reasonable excuse other then 'Extremists will reside there.' He is also right that this is an issue both sides of the spectrum can agree or disagree on.

Ok guys, whose next?

Which DEM is next?

Come on....

The difference is you call the mosque a temple of hate and clearly have hatred towards Islam. You also probably believe the temple will be full of Islamic extremists. Howard Dean on the other hand just says that it is too soon.

MOVE TO SAUDI Barack. See how they treat you there.

That is why we don't have discrimination against religion or race unlike Saudi Arabia.

It is really doubtful any of the Republicans barking about Obama saying that the Muslims had a right to build would have done anything differently themselves if they were president. After all I don't recall any of them having any mosques in their states being demolished. Talk is cheap.

You would be setting up a shaky precedence by selecting which group could build and which couldn't. The congressmen preaching this crap are morons.

Ok guys, whose next?

Which DEM is next?

Come on....

There is a difference in disagreeing with the Mosque being built and taking steps (such as Eminent Domain as some are suggesting) to prevent it from being built.

I think the people that are actually wanting to take steps to stop it using the government are the Anti-Americans.

I don't think there is anything wrong with people protesting it or being against it. It is the using the government to prevent it from being built that just smells of fascism because noone would be saying a thing if it were a Christian church..

YES, I HATE ISLAM.

You are correct.

Two years ago, Islam *BEHEADED* a gay man in the street in Ryahd. I saw the video. They beheaded him with a large sword ... for being a faggot, like me. Off came his head, although his body writhed on the ground for about a minute. In 2005, Islamic butchers hung two Iranian gay men for being homosexual. In Iraq and Iran death squads hunt down gay me and murder them.

So yes, I HATE Islam.

Got a problem with it hetero?

Last edited:

The difference is you call the mosque a temple of hate and clearly have hatred towards Islam. You also probably believe the temple will be full of Islamic extremists. Howard Dean on the other hand just says that it is too soon.

The Imam in question supports sharia law.

Your mission, if you choose to accept it, is to explain how supporting such a brutal, Unamerican legal system is NOT an extreme position to take.

YES, I HATE ISLAM.

You are correct.

Two years ago, Islam *BEHEADED* a gay man in the street in Ryahd. I saw the video. They beheaded him with a large sword ... for being a faggot, like me. Off came his head, although his body writhed on the ground for about a minute. In 2005, Islamic butchers hung two Iranian gay men for being homosexual. In Iraq and Iran death squads hunt down gay me and murder them.

So yes, I HATE Islam.

Care to show where the majority of Muslims believe gays should be killed. Good luck with proving that.

The only thing you have proven is you have hatred just like Muslim extremists. Now you have something in common.

YES, I HATE ISLAM.

You are correct.

So yes, I HATE Islam.

I smell something fishy.

Back
Top Bottom