• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

cnredd Saving the Earth?

cnredd

Major General Big Lug
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
I'm thinking WAAAAY outside of the box here...

We use incinerators to get rid of a lot of trash...

But we have natural "incinerators" in the form of volcanoes all over the world...

Is it possible (or even feasible) to have dump trucks dropping off trash (after separating certain items) and using a conveyor belt up a mountain to dump it right into the lava?..:confused:

I would imagine that most trash would be melted away to a point of 99.99% disintegration, and the heat would burn away any pollutants left like cooking meat does to bacteria...

If it did, the next step would be to find a few points on the globe where the crust is the smallest, so getting to the mantle would be the easiest (Yes...I know it's never been done!)...

I would suggest a worldwide coalition (Like the international space station...I'd rather have private industry do this, but I don't think any could afford it) to dig pits a few miles wide down to the mantle, and then have dump trucks load the trash onto conveyor belts a couple of miles away (I don't think they could be closer) that lead to the mantle pit (with overhead cameras to monitor)...and then dump away!!!...

I'm guessing that would cost trillions, but I'm also thinking this...

The mantle is hundreds and hundreds of miles deep...If we threw trash into it, it would dissolve to a point of it never existing, and the issue of trash that we simply place underground (but still in the crust) would go away...

And, of course, countries that are lucky enough to have these thinner crusts would be virtual mints getting rich by owning the land other countries would use to get rid of their refuse...

This sounds incredibly cold, but this would also make cemeteries obsolete for those who have no issues with cremation and aren't caring about the location of their ashes...

Sounds plausible, but I have no idea if it would work...

:2wave:

Back
Top Bottom