• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

CNN's Don Lemon on O'Reilly's comments and the problems facing blacks

Grim17

Battle Ready
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
We need more black people in the media to step up and tell the damned truth, just like this man has.

I'd like to add that if any of these practices apply to *any other race*...heed this man's advice.

For Whites in particular, you're an embarrassment to this planet if you mimic any of this.

Now watch the real racists come out of the wood work and call him all sorts of vile names for saying something slightly conservative.

Now watch the real racists come out of the wood work and call him all sorts of vile names for saying something slightly conservative.

They've already have savaged the guy on twitter

But I thought the liberals where the tolerant ones and us mean conservatives where supposed to be the racist. Are you telling me pierce Morgan lied to me?

But I thought the liberals where the tolerant ones and us mean conservatives where supposed to be the racist. Are you telling me pierce Morgan lied to me?

People on the left have called me a racist, or implied that I'm a racist many times on this and other boards over the years for saying some of the very same things Lemon did. Liberals and conservatives agree there are issues in the black community and with race relations in America, but our approaches to the problem, what the root of the problems are, as well as what we see as the solutions, differ greatly.

In a very general sense, liberals see black people as victims who have very little power to change their situation, while conservatives believe that every single black person has the power individually to forge their own destiny and become as successful as anyone. That's why they become so outraged when anyone dares to suggest that black people may be perpetuation their own problems, and that they themselves can solve it.

http://www.debatepolitics.com/blogs/grim17/1019-frank-discussion-black-people-not-racist-talk.html

People on the left have called me a racist, or implied that I'm a racist many times on this and other boards over the years for saying some of the very same things Lemon did. Liberals and conservatives agree there are issues in the black community and with race relations in America, but our approaches to the problem, what the root of the problems are, as well as what we see as the solutions, differ greatly.

In a very general sense, liberals see black people as victims who have very little power to change their situation, while conservatives believe that every single black person has the power individually to forge their own destiny and become as successful as anyone. That's why they become so outraged when anyone dares to suggest that black people may be perpetuation their own problems, and that they themselves can solve it.

http://www.debatepolitics.com/blogs/grim17/1019-frank-discussion-black-people-not-racist-talk.html

we'll always be the bad guys Grim.

It's easier to blame someone, than to take responsibility.

Yes. Next question.

Yes, it's remarkable that if anyone even hints that blacks might be even partly responsible for their own problems these guys will scream and pound on their high chairs and throw a ring tailed temper tantrum. It is amazing. It smells of a sort of desperation; of a group that realizes it is losing its leverage.

I saw a bunch of people on Fox asking, why aren't we talking about black on black crime? They are a news station what's preventing them from having that conversation or highlighting more stories?

I thought their attitude was a little contrived, I found it annoying, and it didn't help anything. Fox can start having that conversation at any time. I just don't think they want to have it.

I saw nothing racist or wrong with Lemon's comments.

Back
Top Bottom