• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

CNN's Chad Myers Admits Global Warming 'Is Caused By Man'

danarhea

Slayer of the DP Newsbot
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Anti Global Warming talking heads have been using Chad Myer's talking points for years. Now guess what? Myers has changed his position. Although he still maintains that sunspot cycles, el nino, and other phenomena play a role in climate change, he now says that man is a significant contributor to global warming.

YouTube - CNN's Chad Myers Admits Global Warming 'Is Caused By Man'

This is huge, or is it really? A weatherman, who is not a climatologist, but is one of the most quoted figures of the deniers, has finally seen the light, and reversed his position.

Good for him. Now he is just a little smarter than he was.

Last edited:
Never heard of him.

Never heard of him.

Dan pays attention, cause AGW let's him back big government yet claim to be a Conservative. :roll:

How about Dan's home town? H-Town?

Not as hot as you thought: Temps yet to reach 100 | Houston & Texas News | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

Houston has been oh-so-close to triple digits this summer, hitting 99 degrees on four separate days.
Although it could do so this weekend, the official thermometer at George Bush Intercontinental has not yet tickled 100 degrees.
If Houston can continue to dance just under the century mark for a few more weeks, it will pass as the first summer in more than a decade without a 100-degree day.
That would be especially surprising given that August has been a real scorcher.
With an average temperature of 88.1 degrees, this month currently is on pace to be the warmest August on record in Houston.
Although the city hasn't had a summer without a 100-degree day since 1997, it wasn't always this way.
From the 1890s through the 1990s, Houston typically had five years each decade when the maximum temperature never broke triple digits.
"There are a lot more years without 100-degree readings than I expected," Don Oettinger, a meteorologist with the Houston/Galveston office of the National Weather Service, said after reviewing the data.

But hey, some d00d on CNN has changed his stance, AGW MUST BE REAL MAN!!!

(also, all solutions to AGW require Big Gov't REGULATION, funny how Dan backs that **** ain't it? )

Last edited:
Dan pays attention, cause AGW let's him back big government yet claim to be a Conservative. :roll:

Not as hot as you thought: Temps yet to reach 100 | Houston & Texas News | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

(also, all solutions to AGW require Big Gov't REGULATION, funny how Dan backs that **** ain't it? )

Doesn't the left keep screaming that weather is not the same as climate when it doesn't suit their agenda?

Um yeah right that Houston chronicle article is bull ****, because when I clicked on it the article it went to a blank page. and its 94* degrees here in humble Texas. This is because their has been rain this month which means it would be a little bit cooler. Rolls eyes Learn something about what climate people do in the first place. Also it looks like from the weather channel we will be back too 105 degrees by Monday.

Last edited:

The topic is about Chad Meyers, not about me, ya' damn troll. :mrgreen:

The topic is about Chad Meyers, not about me, ya' damn troll. :mrgreen:

I just googled him. Damn the left hates him. Says he doesn't know what he's talking about, is just a weatherman
Is just a CNN talking head etc.
Probably now they'll change their tune about him. He'll turn into an expert on GW.

Doesn't the left keep screaming that weather is not the same as climate when it doesn't suit their agenda?

Yep, and internet "Climatologist" have more credibility then a trained meteorologist. Go figure.

However, in this case I'm just slamming Dan because it is my new... goal. AGW is a problem created for a solution, more Government.

Of course, opponents to AGW are no more intellectually pure. Their opposition to AGW rarely comes from the science, rather it's against legislation which arises from AGW. Of course, legislation based on AGW should have no basis on whether AGW is scientifically accurate or not. I'm sure there's people out there who accept AGW but are against government solutions. Do you have a problem with them?

Of course, opponents to AGW are no more intellectually pure. Their opposition to AGW rarely comes from the science, rather it's against legislation which arises from AGW. Of course, legislation based on AGW should have no basis on whether AGW is scientifically accurate or not. I'm sure there's people out there who accept AGW but are against government solutions. Do you have a problem with them?

Funny how all the solutions to AGW are political, yet you say those of us against the Chicken Little fearmongering don't back our stances with "science"

Funny how all the solutions to AGW are political, yet you say those of us against the Chicken Little fearmongering don't back our stances with "science"

Odd, what would not be considered political by you?

Back
Top Bottom