• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

CNN X's out Cheney

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

The Real McCoy

I'm watching Hannity and Colmes right now and I just saw something interesting. When CNN played Dick Cheney's speech criticizing the left for calling Bush a liar, a large black X was repeatedly flashed (for a fraction of a second, too short to be consciously seen) over his face. They're not sure if it was a newsroom prank or if the biased antics go up to CNN management but I found it interesting to say the least.

I saw that one. CNN said it was a clitch. Good one. ;) Talk about liars.

The Real McCoy said:
(for a fraction of a second, too short to be consciously seen)
How were they able to see it :confused: Why would they be doing frame by frame analysis of CNN broadcasts.

You mean this . . .

vpotus2.JPG

Nah, that's nothing. I don't see any "X".:confused:

I guess CNN thought it could pull off a prank because nobody's watching. Hey, bad PR is PR just the same.

You guys need to pick your battles better. The 'X' on Cheney's face is obviously a glitch. The same thing happened to Fox News once.

FinnMacCool said:
You guys need to pick your battles better. The 'X' on Cheney's face is obviously a glitch. The same thing happened to Fox News once.

Do you have evidence for that? Not saying it isn't true but I didn't know about it.

Sorry I don't have one at hand. But it doesn't matter anyways. Just look at the site it comes from!
its funny how people call this a perfect example of media bias when the news report was reported by the Drudge Report, which is run by a conservative and has a history for putting up articles that have absolutely no evidence to support it.

Last edited:
FinnMacCool said:
Sorry I don't have one at hand. But it doesn't matter anyways. Just look at the site it comes from!
its funny how people call this a perfect example of media bias when the news report was reported by the Drudge Report, which is run by a conservative and has a history for putting up articles that have absolutely no evidence to support it.
There are many interpretations of a "bias" website, but to say Drudge is one of them is clearly heresay and not close to the truth...

The accusation of bias stem's from Drudge's findings when it came to the Clinton scandal...It is ONLY because of this that he gets the "Conservative" rep...Thus the "Grudge for Drudge"...

Otherwise, he's been a legitimate insider who's shown objectivity throughout his career on the web...

Take a gander at his links to these editorials...

Blumenthal?...Fineman?...Helen Thomas?!?!?

Is there bias in the media and on the web?....Yup...

But here, you're going down the wrong road...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom