• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

CNN: some of the Kenya mall attackers are from the US

I never understood why we are accepting Somalian Islamofascists into Minnesota anyway. In case anyone forgot, Somalian extremists were refusing to pick up people in their taxicabs if it looked like the passenger had alcohol or was using a seeing eye dog. This is just an extension of what happens when you allow and accomodate Somalians into this nation.

Well, I guess it's just me, but this incident seems different. Perhaps it's the setting, and not the players, but I find it very disturbing.

It's extremely disturbing, one of the worst terrorist attacks this year and with a totally civilian target base. But if 3 Americans out of 370,000 million were a part of it, it doesn't change the carnage or the responsibility, which rests solely with those who planned and committed the atrocities. :(

Our legal system currently offers no framework to deal with US citizens who go abroad to commit acts of terror (or I should say no reasonable framework). This isn't the first time we've had to deal with such a case. So far we've treated them as the terrorists they are and exterminated with extreme prejudice. Personally, I'm fine with that approach and drone striking these ****ers, but it's probably time we actually developed a system for dealing with such cases that's codified in law.

I didn't say they do. I said they would have to be dealt with abroad, and that doesn't really bother me. As far as I'm concerned, they can shoot them all (the terrorists) regardless of their country of origin. My point was about being disturbed that Americans are becoming international terrorists.

It's extremely disturbing, one of the worst terrorist attacks this year and with a totally civilian target base. But if 3 Americans out of 370,000 million were a part of it, it doesn't change the carnage or the responsibility, which rests solely with those who planned and committed the atrocities. :(

Aparently this kind of attack is frowned up on by al qeada and is a continuing source of friction between al-qeada and al-shababb.

CNN has gotten so much wrong so many times they have lost all creditability so it is best to wait for some news organization with a little more creditably than them like the National Enquirer

That's true. That pretty much goes for all the media. They never seem to be able to get the story right. It seems like it takes a week before we get a straight story with actual facts.

And who are you to say they haven't prevented at least some such acts?

I think about all the bombs prepared in Yemen that were found before they reach their USA destinations, and I think we've got concrete evidence that many such acts have been prevented. I presume intelligence gathering was the reason for that; then again, I'm not in a complete tizzy about NSA surveillance techniques... at least, not yet.

I didn't say they do. I said they would have to be dealt with abroad, and that doesn't really bother me. As far as I'm concerned, they can shoot them all (the terrorists) regardless of their country of origin. My point was about being disturbed that Americans are becoming international terrorists.

I guess I'm not following you as to why that's disturbing. We have serial killers, cannibals, pedophiles, and more recently wannabe-martyrs. I don't think that's any indicator of American society degrading or anything like that. It's more a reflection of the growing appeal of Al-Qaeda-ism to a certain segment of the population (think angry, psychologically unstable, sexually frustrated young men who desire to feel purposeful and have an enemy to lash out at - Al-Qaeda's romanticized resistance against the "Great Satan" offers them this. There's some very interesting literature on the psychological profiles of the types who AQ recruits to engage in suicidal killings).

This is not unusual.....we also now have AQAP doing drive by shootings in Yemen. Doesn't take much to figure out where certain influences are now coming from.

Although al-qeada is angry at al-shabaab for commiting acts of terror that kill people of multiple cultures, they only want westerners or preferably Americans to be the only victims.

Kinda of shows somthing about how fragile al-shabaab is

I think about all the bombs prepared in Yemen that were found before they reach their USA destinations, and I think we've got concrete evidence that many such acts have been prevented. I presume intelligence gathering was the reason for that; then again, I'm not in a complete tizzy about NSA surveillance techniques... at least, not yet.

I don't doubt that our government has thwarted some potentially serious attacks. Still we seem to be more than willing to jump into conflicts without being aware of all the facts though.

Nor am I. In the end, I think Snowden's disclosure was probably a good thing. I don't buy the argument that his targeted disclosures were harmful to national security (as opposed to Manning's mass disclosures with no vetting whatsoever). I think the American public has a right to be aware of and have a national discussion on these data collection measures and make a judgement call as to whether the limited sacrifice in privacy is worth it. I don't believe it's a foregone conclusion that the answer to that question will be "No".

NSA chief admits ‘We’ve only foiled one terror plot’ (and even that one is bogus)
AUGUST 1, 2013 BY 21WIRE 1 COMMENT

NSA chief admits ‘We’ve only foiled one terror plot’ (and even that one is bogus)

Sometimes we don't need our Intel, as being an American. The Ego thing tends to get in the way.

Adam Gadahn, al Qaeda's U.S.-born spokesman, calls for attacks on U.S. diplomats

American-born al Qaeda spokesman Adam Gadahn is calling for attacks on U.S. ambassadors around the world.

120308022622-gadahn-story-top.jpg

In a 39-minute video, Gadahn praised the death of Libya's U.S. Ambassador Chris Stevens on September 11 last year - and urged wealthy Muslims to offer militants rewards so they can kill others, according to SITE, a jihadist monitoring group.

Specifically, he referenced a bounty set for the death of U.S. Ambassador to Yemen, Gerald Feierstein.....snip~

Adam Gadahn, al Qaeda's U.S.-born spokesman, calls for attacks on U.S. diplomats – CNN Security Clearance - CNN.com Blogs

Sometimes we don't need our Intel, as being an American. The Ego thing tends to get in the way.

Adam Gadahn, al Qaeda's U.S.-born spokesman, calls for attacks on U.S. diplomats

American-born al Qaeda spokesman Adam Gadahn is calling for attacks on U.S. ambassadors around the world.

In a 39-minute video, Gadahn praised the death of Libya's U.S. Ambassador Chris Stevens on September 11 last year - and urged wealthy Muslims to offer militants rewards so they can kill others, according to SITE, a jihadist monitoring group.

Specifically, he referenced a bounty set for the death of U.S. Ambassador to Yemen, Gerald Feierstein.....snip~

Adam Gadahn, al Qaeda's U.S.-born spokesman, calls for attacks on U.S. diplomats – CNN Security Clearance - CNN.com Blogs

I see! Good find. Not a good thing there.

Although al-qeada is angry at al-shabaab for commiting acts of terror that kill people of multiple cultures, they only want westerners or preferably Americans to be the only victims.

Kinda of shows somthing about how fragile al-shabaab is

Yeah.....I first heard the same with AQAP and AQ, then we heard that it was believed to be the same with Al Nusra and AQaeda, course lets not forget we heard the same with Ansar Al Shariah and AQ inside Libya. Then there is that issue with the MB and themselves saying they have no ties to AQ.

Al-Shabab and al-Qaida in February 2012 announced their alliance, with al-Shabab leader Mukhtar Abu Zubair pledging allegiance to the global terror movement. Al-Qaida's 2002 attacks on an Israeli-owned Kenyan resort in Mombasa and an attempted attack on a plane carrying Israeli tourists are believed to have been planned by an al-Qaida cell in Somalia. U.S. officials believe some of the al-Qaida terrorists who bombed the United States embassies in Kenya and Tanzania in 1998 were given refuge in Somalia.

FRACTURED GROUP?

Al-Shabab is believed to have fractured over its alliance with al-Qaida, which caused a rift that has grown between core Shabab fighters who believe their struggle should focus on Somalia, and growing tensions with foreign fighters who want to plot a regional terrorist strategy. Analysts think attack on Nairobi's Westgate mall could indicate the extremists are winning that internal struggle. Further divisions are believed to have been caused by the group's decision to ban foreign aid organizations from operating in the country and providing food to save millions of victims of conflict-induced famine. That decision was announced in 2011, when the U.N. said Somalia had the world's highest child mortality rate.....snip~

10 things to know about Somali militants al-Shabab

http://www.debatepolitics.com/afric...ist-groups-and-affiliates.html#post1062347883

And who are you to say they haven't prevented at least some such acts?
The feds never hesitate to try and trot out some "foiled terrorist plot" whenever it's convenient.

Remember the Sears tower terrorist plot that turned out to be a bunch of idiots in Florida? Three mistrials because the evidence was so shaky.

Do you remember when a man was arrested for trying to buy and sell uranium for Iran?
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/24/n...of-trying-to-export-uranium-to-iran.html?_r=0

Now remember when to people from Chechnya blew up the Boston Marathon? Even though Russia warned the U.S. intelligence that the Tsarnaev brothers were dangerous?

Perhaps if the intelligence agencies didn't spend so much time infringing on our Fourth Amendment rights and did some actual terrorism investigation then the U.S. could actually do something about real terrorists.

The feds never hesitate to try and trot out some "foiled terrorist plot" whenever it's convenient.

Remember the Sears tower terrorist plot that turned out to be a bunch of idiots in Florida? Three mistrials because the evidence was so shaky.

Do you remember when a man was arrested for trying to buy and sell uranium for Iran?
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/24/n...of-trying-to-export-uranium-to-iran.html?_r=0

Now remember when to people from Chechnya blew up the Boston Marathon? Even though Russia warned the U.S. intelligence that the Tsarnaev brothers were dangerous?

Perhaps if the intelligence agencies didn't spend so much time infringing on our Fourth Amendment rights and did some actual terrorism investigation then the U.S. could actually do something about real terrorists.

Good points. I wonder if REAL intelligence is a thing of the past.

The future is following the Morph into the Hydra for Al Qaeda and all their types. With us here at home and with what they will take from us. As well as going for the recruiting. These ones are for just the Chicago area in the Country.

TAP Boyz (The Arabian Posse)

Was a Chicago-based Palestinian American street gang or self-described "movement" formed on the corner of 63rd & Kedzie in 1992. Their gang colors were either red and white or black and gold, and their symbol was a four pointed star.

It was formed in response to anti-Arab sentiment from rival gangs; the movement's goal was to protect the Arab-American community from being attacked in racially motivated assaults precipitated by the First Gulf War. Most members were high school teenagers from south side high schools such as Hubbard, Bogan, Reavis, Oak Lawn, Andrew, Stagg, and Argo.

AK(Arabian Knights)
Egyptian Cobras
Egyptian Cobrettes
Assyrian Kings
Almighty Assyrian Eagles.....snip~

TAP Boyz (The Arabian Posse) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Underlined to show that Around Chicago.....that many weren't putting up with talks about Islam, their Alleged Prophet and how they wont be tolerant of whats being said to their faces. Such as tagging of the Mosques and the assaults upon Arabs if they even thought about getting upitty.

Last edited:
Born here means they are actual Americans, who grew up in our culture and society and under our laws, who nonetheless decided to go to Africa, take up an extremist cause, and commit mass murder of innocent citizens of another country. That's bad.

"Possess US citizenship" may mean they grew up in a different culture or nation and that their ties to the USA are more tenuous than native-born-and-raised.

I suppose one could argue the difference is subtle, but I think it is significant.

You make it sound as if it'd be the first time people born in the US actually took up arms against our government. I don't mean to sound cynical, but their nationality is not the biggest problem. It's a person's ability to infiltrate everyday American life without being noticed by any security agency.

Having native-born Americans committing terrorist acts on foreign soil could prove somewhat problematic for the State Department.

Having any American committing terrorist act on foreign soil is problematic for the State Department.

You cant have it both ways.. either you are an American period when you have citizenship.. or you are not. If these guys have American citizenship then they are American and where they were born or if they are "only" naturalized... it is irrelevant.

Having any American committing terrorist act on foreign soil is problematic for the State Department

You cant have it both ways.. either you are an American period when you have citizenship.. or you are not. If these guys have American citizenship then they are American and where they were born or if they are "only" naturalized... it is irrelevant.

Any human being, no matter what their citizenship is, committing terrorist acts anywhere on this planet is a problem for the rest of us who live here.

Back
Top Bottom