• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

CNN Reporters in Ukraine

donhughesmusic

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I wonder how they choose who went into Ukraine? Did they take volunteers first?

Say what you want about CNN, but much respect to the reporters, cameramen, and sound guys who knew they were going into a warzone and still went.

I wonder if they get paid hazard pay?

I don't support putting reporters at that level of risk. It's even worse than sticking them on a beach in a hurricane.

As someone who has spent time in a conflict zone, I respect it but I respect the guys with weapons more.

CNN has always done an excellent job at international coverage. On the ground reporting is regularly done by same veteran "on the ground" reporters but this is the first time I can recall seeing actual anchors in combat zones.

CNN has always done an excellent job at international coverage. On the ground reporting is regularly done by same veteran "on the ground" reporters but this is the first time I can recall seeing actual anchors in combat zones.
CNN made its bones during the Iraq War. it was going nowhere before that. They just about invented the "video journalist standing on the roof of a hotel" thing. So they have been good at it. In fact it has been the only thing I thought they were ever good at. International....ehhhhhh....they only SEEM good at it because nobody else outside of print media does it at all.

There is a scarcity of actual war correspondents now. Odd since we have plenty of war to cover. They have mostly in recent years been free lance and even they seem scarce now. I am guessing CNN wanted to get their anchors some seasoning and see if there is a jewel hiding in there someplace.

This is the first instance of it that I can recall

And Putin's genius Russian TV is not even reporting the fighting.

He's a sick **** supported by some Americans.

Say what you want about CNN, but much respect to the reporters, cameramen, and sound guys who knew they were going into a warzone and still went.
Yes.

I have not watched CNN since 2016.

But I am thinking of watching its coverage of the slaughter in Ukraine.

So far, I have watched FOX exclusively.

Maybe I shall start watching CNN's coverage of the war.

Although its coverage of American domestic affairs should be totally ignored with contempt, it still does international coverage well, I am guessing.

We oldsters (I am 84) will always remember its coverage of the Tiananmen Square Slaughter in 1989.

Yes.

I have not watched CNN since 2016.

But I am thinking of watching its coverage of the slaughter in Ukraine.

So far, I have watched FOX exclusively.

Maybe I shall start watching CNN's coverage of the war.

Although its coverage of American domestic affairs should be totally ignored with contempt, it still does international coverage well, I am guessing.

We oldsters (I am 84) will always remember its coverage of the Tiananmen Square Slaughter in 1989.

Be wary watching Fox News. They fired a guy for correctly reporting that Biden won Arizona.

Back
Top Bottom