• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

CNN reporter explains how they decided to have a reporter at Stones house!

independentusa

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Watching the hearing this morning on CNN and during the first break a CNN reporter explained how they determined it was time to put a reporter on Stone's house. Apparently it was not leaked to them overtly, but they read the signs from actions at the DOJ. First, there was actions that usually happened on Friday's happening on Thursday which was unusual pointing to something going on. Then they spotted the DOJ attorney who has been handling the Stone case bringing a suitcase to work and then leaving early in casual clothes and with the suitcase. Doe not take a genius to figure out something is going on with the Stone situation as everyone knew that Stone would be indicted. So CNN put a reporter on the Stone house and viola, the men with guns ad vests showed up. No leak, but not a very good attempt by the DOJ to keep secret what they were doing. I guess it is true, there is nothing that goes on in Washington that is not known.

Last edited:
Watching the hearing this morning on CNN and during the first break a CNN reporter explained how they determined it was time to put a reporter on Stone's house. Apparently it was not leaked to them overtly, but they read the signs from actions at the DOJ. First, there was actions that usually happened on Friday's happening on Thursday which was unusual pointing to something going on. Then they spotted the DOJ attorney who has been handling the Stone case bringing a suitcase to work and then leaving early in casual clothes and with the suitcase. Doe not take a genius to figure out something is going on with the Stone situation as everyone knew that Stone would be indicted. So CNN put a reporter on the Stone house and viola, the men with guns ad vests showed up. No leak, but a very good attempt by the DOJ to keep secret what they were doing. I guess it is true, there is nothing that goes on in Washington that is not known.

Cool story. In four or five years from now I expect a story about CNN getting a tip-off will surface.

I have a hard time believing CNN put in the hard work here when everything else they do is a half ass crap shoot at the truth.

Watching the hearing this morning on CNN and during the first break a CNN reporter explained how they determined it was time to put a reporter on Stone's house. Apparently it was not leaked to them overtly, but they read the signs from actions at the DOJ. First, there was actions that usually happened on Friday's happening on Thursday which was unusual pointing to something going on. Then they spotted the DOJ attorney who has been handling the Stone case bringing a suitcase to work and then leaving early in casual clothes and with the suitcase. Doe not take a genius to figure out something is going on with the Stone situation as everyone knew that Stone would be indicted. So CNN put a reporter on the Stone house and viola, the men with guns ad vests showed up. No leak, but a very good attempt by the DOJ to keep secret what they were doing. I guess it is true, there is nothing that goes on in Washington that is not known.

I heard the same thing on CNN and it made perfect sense.

I heard the same thing on CNN and it made perfect sense.

Not to those who always think that everyone is out to get the president. I wonder if they have figured out yet that all of these investigations have been brought on by the president and his cronies and their actions. Trump and his cronies decided that they would do anything to win the election and having done so must now pay for anything illegal they did. that is the way our judicial system works, even if you are the president.

Watching the hearing this morning on CNN and during the first break a CNN reporter explained how they determined it was time to put a reporter on Stone's house. Apparently it was not leaked to them overtly, but they read the signs from actions at the DOJ. First, there was actions that usually happened on Friday's happening on Thursday which was unusual pointing to something going on. Then they spotted the DOJ attorney who has been handling the Stone case bringing a suitcase to work and then leaving early in casual clothes and with the suitcase. Doe not take a genius to figure out something is going on with the Stone situation as everyone knew that Stone would be indicted. So CNN put a reporter on the Stone house and viola, the men with guns ad vests showed up. No leak, but not a very good attempt by the DOJ to keep secret what they were doing. I guess it is true, there is nothing that goes on in Washington that is not known.

Yeah....and a Sugar Plum Fairy Riding a Unicorn was seen heading to Stone's house..so CNN just followed.

GET REAL...the Witch Hunt ILLEGALLY LEAKED...AGAIN.

Funny how we STILL NEVER FOUND OUT how Mouthenatti got Cohen's personal finance data, AFTER THE WITCH HUNT SEIZED it, seen the transcripts of Flynn's entrapment, etc., etc....can't wait for Barr to get aboard...

Last edited:

That version has more BS than a northern Colorado feed lot.

Not to those who always think that everyone is out to get the president. I wonder if they have figured out yet that all of these investigations have been brought on by the president and his cronies and their actions. Trump and his cronies decided that they would do anything to win the election and having done so must now pay for anything illegal they did. that is the way our judicial system works, even if you are the president.

Your first sentence is accurate and describes the precarious mental state of the Trumpkins who daily deny reality while living in a delusional fantasy world of their own making just so they can continue to worship their narcissistic little god.

A true Trumpster answer for sure. You an not conceive that someone has a brain that works and can figure out such things. Unlike Fox News which only spouts Trump love, other networks actually do investigative journalism. One explained it s easy to see how the actions of the DOJ led to the filming of the Stone arrest. There are none so blind as those who can not see.

A true Trumpster answer for sure. You an not conceive that someone has a brain that works and can figure out such things. Unlike Fox News which only spouts Trump love, other networks actually do investigative journalism. One explained it s easy to see how the actions of the DOJ led to the filming of the Stone arrest. There are none so blind as those who can not see.

I’m not convinced CNN was the only outlet to be able to figure this out without some inside help. If more than one network was there then I could buy connecting the dots and anticipated something was up. But when one network gets an exclusive this big it smells fishy.

Funny that CNN was the ONLY news outlet to observe what everyone else was looking for at the same time. Funny how reading the tea leaves prompted CNN to immediately send a crew to Florida, to Stone's home, in the dark, wee hours of the morning.
And viola! The FBI puts on a show!

Yeah....and a Sugar Plum Fairy Riding a Unicorn was seen heading to Stone's house..so CNN just followed.
Funny how we STILL NEVER FOUND OUT how Mouthenatti got Cohen's personal finance data, AFTER THE WITCH HUNT SEIZED it, seen the transcripts of Flynn's entrapment, etc., etc....can't wait for Barr to get aboard...

Cool story. In four or five years from now I expect a story about CNN getting a tip-off will surface.
I have a hard time believing CNN put in the hard work here when everything else they do is a half ass crap shoot at the truth.

Hey guys, "nuh uh" is not debate. Sure it seems like it because it constitutes a lot of conservative posts and of course you think its a devastating rebuttal but sorry, its not debate.

Hey guys, "nuh uh" is not debate. Sure it seems like it because it constitutes a lot of conservative posts and of course you think its a devastating rebuttal but sorry, its not debate.

There is not any linked info to even verify what the OP supposedly saw was even said. Hard to debate with facts when none are provided. So given what info we have it’s my opinion if this is CNN’S story it’s full of crap. The network went from putting pieces together for a exclusive to not being able to correctly identify the party of Va’s governor a few weeks later.

I’m not convinced CNN was the only outlet to be able to figure this out without some inside help. If more than one network was there then I could buy connecting the dots and anticipated something was up. But when one network gets an exclusive this big it smells fishy.

Do you think that if CNN figured this out they would let on to any other network? A scoop like this would have been held close to the vest. And the idea that only one network figured it out is not an unusual thing. Think back at how many times only one network or media outlet had info that others did not. It happens often, and the info from this network makes sense. And then think how good Mueller's team has been about leaks and the CNN info makes even more sense.

There is not any linked info to even verify what the OP supposedly saw was even said. Hard to debate with facts when none are provided. So given what info we have it’s my opinion if this is CNN’S story it’s full of crap. The network went from putting pieces together for a exclusive to not being able to correctly identify the party of Va’s governor a few weeks later.

Remember conservatives (and probably you also) thought President Obama was born in Kenya, his BC a forgery, he wanted to kill old people and of course the vile and disgusting "stand down" lies? hey, remember when you really really really thought republicans would balance the budget? yea, maybe you should question your opinion before automatically assuming the worst from people because you conservative masters told you "they bad". they're the ones that got you to believe all those foolish things in the first place. why would you still listen to them?

I'm also surprised no other network had reporters watching his house. Not because I think the Mueller investigation leaked anything to CNN, but because the Stone indictment was predicted well in advance of his arrest by numerous networks. Why didn't the other networks stake out the place? Sounds to me like CNN just poured the most money into trying to get the scoop and had people on the scene when the arrest took place. They do have the resources to sit reporters on a potential story for weeks at a time if they really wanted to.

CNN's explanation passes my BS test more than the notion that the special counsel would deliberately leak anything to the mainstream media. There's no motive. If anything, it gave more fodder to the conspiracy theorists.

Remember conservatives (and probably you also) thought President Obama was born in Kenya, his BC a forgery, he wanted to kill old people and of course the vile and disgusting "stand down" lies? hey, remember when you really really really thought republicans would balance the budget? yea, maybe you should question your opinion before automatically assuming the worst from people because you conservative masters told you "they bad". they're the ones that got you to believe all those foolish things in the first place. why would you still listen to them?

Go fornicate yourself for accusing me of things I’ve never supported. I’m not a conservative. Maybe you should not jump to conclusions. Or not I’m done until you’re man enough to apologize for false accusations

Go fornicate yourself for accusing me of things I’ve never supported. I’m not a conservative. Maybe you should not jump to conclusions. Or not I’m done until you’re man enough to apologize for false accusations

mmmm, you assume CNN is lying because who knows. I assume you believed those lying conservative narratives based on your posts and the odds. A large percentage if not majority of conservatives believed those lying conservative narratives. You want to tell me you're not a conservative, that's fine but I'm free to assume otherwise. Its the standard you set.

And what exactly leads you to the idea that it is BS? Is it because it does not make the FBI the bad guys and trump the good guy as you would like it to be. Sorry, but just what part is BS. That CNN had someone watching the FBI? That CNN knew who the attorney was that was handling the Stone case? That they had been waiting, like everyone else, for Stone to be indicted and arrested, so when they saw the attorney handling the Stone case come to work with a suitcase they figured something was going down. That that made them send someone to watch the Stone house? I mean, what exactly does not make sense and what part is BS?

Ummm last I heard the person from the treasury department that leaked the financial was in trouble. But that was a long time ago. MSM talked about it and somebody was crying.

Lol they still believe all of that...ask them?

Back
Top Bottom