• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

CNN Pulls Out Of Russia After Putin Signs "Misinformation" Law

VySky

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
That blows. I’ve been watching some of CNN coverage.

I’m sure the giddy leftist love this censorship

———-

Update (1716ET): This'll teach 'em...

CNN will no longer broadcast in Russia "while we continue to evaluate the situation and our next steps moving forward," according to host Brian Stelter.

You know who can’t wait to get back to 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.?

Fake news/15 years, ooh, baby!

You know who's been screaming the most about "misinformation" these past 6 years or more? That's right - the left.

The left has been screaming to high heaven (well, not there - but high somewhere) about:
Misinformation over the dempanic
Misinformation over the vaccines
Misinformation over masks and mandates
Misinformation over the election results
Misinformation over Jan 6th
Misinformation over ANY of their positions on ANYTHING

And who's been cancelling anyone they deem spewing this misinformation?
They have.

And now here's Russia doing basically the exact same thing and CNN, one of the leading MSM outlets is pulling out - only question is why? Unless of course, they know they're spreading... well, misinformation.

You just can't make this stuff up.

You know who's been screaming the most about "misinformation" these past 6 years or more? That's right - the left.

The left has been screaming to high heaven (well, not there - but high somewhere) about:

They have.

And now here's Russia doing basically the exact same thing and CNN, one of the leading MSM outlets is pulling out - only question is why? Unless of course, they know they're spreading... well, misinformation.

Are you trying to claim that Russian state media is being honest with the Russian people?

Are you trying to claim that Russian state media is being honest with the Russian people?
Is THAT what you got out from my post? Interesting...

———-

CNN will no longer broadcast in Russia "while we continue to evaluate the situation and our next steps moving forward," according to host Brian Stelter.

Based on your posting history, you appear to be sure of many things that do not comport with reality.

They have.

"Misinformation" in Russia is any information that Putin doesn't want you to share. He is doing his best to make sure the Russian people are not aware of what is really happening in Ukraine.

Is THAT what you got out from my post? Interesting...

Do you trust the Russian government to know be truthful about what is misinformation?

They have.

You do realize that any information not approved by the Russian state is considered fake news. With 15 years hanging over their heads if they are arrested, I'd pull out too. I'm shocked that so many journalists have stuck it out this long.

"Misinformation" in Russia is any information that Putin doesn't want you to share. He is doing his best to make sure the Russian people are not aware of what is really happening in Ukraine.
Um, I get that.
And "misinformation" in the US these past 6 years has been, ironically, largely any information contrary to the narrative those in control of our media (or government) don't want shared.

So it's quite ironic CNN - one of the leading purveyors of misinformation here in the US is pulling out of Russia - fearful of their newly passed "misinformation" law - a law that punishes anyone spreading "misinformation" contrary to Putin's narrative.

Um, I get that.
And "misinformation" in the US these past 6 years has been, ironically, largely any information contrary to the narrative those in control of our media (or government) don't want shared.

So it's quite ironic CNN - one of the leading purveyors of misinformation here in the US is pulling out of Russia - fearful of their newly passed "misinformation" law - a law that punishes anyone spreading "misinformation" contrary to Putin's narrative.
One has nothing to do with the other.

Um, I get that.

LMAO... Don't worry Fox News is still in Russia...

Misinformation Thread

Um, I get that.

Most of the misinformation in the US that is shot down truly is bad information. I can't help you might believe false things, but our media doesn't necessarily want to share false things. Well, except maybe Faux News.

The way the traitors on Fox are kissing Putin's ass, Fox won't have to pull out of Russia... Hell maybe Fox can set up their HQ in Moscow.

They have.

So you support Russian propaganda. good to know.

———-

Putin is closing the iron curtains. If anyone wondered where this guy's head is at, this ought to clear it up.

Putin is closing the iron curtains. If anyone wondered where this guy's head is at, this ought to clear it up.
I wonder more about the idiots here who think supporting him is somehow owning the libs.

I wonder more about the idiots here who think supporting him is somehow owning the libs.
Um, I get that.

It's a fallacy that the garbage being circulated--by antivaxxers and freedumb fighters and election conspiracists and the insurrectionists of Jan 6--has been cancelled by our leftist government. I read it here everyday, with links to articles all over the place to support it. This crap is argued for on Fox daily, Trump is issuing statements about it on his phony letterhead and from the podium whenever he feels like it. Now we even have people piping up for Putin and his invasion of Ukraine. No one is hiding.

Now, if Merrick Garland announced that he would arrest anyone posting or talking or writing about it, or protesting about it, or televising or broadcasting it, then you'd have an argument. Even the wingnut demonstrating the vaccine's magnetic properties was allowed to spread that bullshit, two Congress critters were allowed to catcall Biden during his SOTU; the official stance of one of our political parties is that Biden is weak and senile. OP is one of the biggest fonts of that trash, and he has an inexhaustable pool of 'alternative facts' to draw from.

Do you think Putin would allow ANY of that? Comparing what Putin is doing to anything in our free and open society is just plain off the mark.

Criticizing America isn't necessarily supporting Putin. We need to be careful about that.

———-

You are not making a triumphant return.

They have.

Dint forget misinformation about John Kennedy appearing in Dallas a little while back.

Back
Top Bottom