• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

CNN Programming

Which is your favorite CNN Program?

• The Lead

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Situation Room

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Erin Burnett: Outfront

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • AC 360

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Piers Morgan Live

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • I don't watch CNN

Votes: 8 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dooble

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed

I avoid American news outlets like the plague. Everything is so, opinionated and vicious. I don't want that in my news network.

Last edited:
None at all doesn't really fit into the implications of "other". I will flip through it fairly often, but cannot say that CNN is even a network I watch more than 5 minutes of at a time unless there is breaking news worthy of being called "Breaking News" which isn't often. I usually watch the PBS shows for news of the day/week.

I avoid American news outlets like the plague. Everything is so, opinionated and vicious. I don't want that in a my news network.
I wish we had Canadian quality programming here in the US :2canadian

I wish we had Canadian quality programming here in the US :2canadian

That would require your taxes going towards a national broadcaster like the CBC.

That would require your taxes going towards a national broadcaster like the CBC.
Sometimes we have to make sacrifices :shrug:

I watch CNN news segments only. I'm not really into having a talking head analyze the day's events for me. Anderson Cooper does occasionally have interesting content, though, and I kinda like the guy's personality.

Fareed Zakaria GPS - Sundays at Noon Central

I had to vote other.

The best thing CNN has programed are some of it's commercials.

But I have to admit from November of 2008 until April of 2009 CNN informed me at least four times per hour, 24/7 that Barack Obama was America's first African-American President.

It's still not to late to edit your post. But the clock is ticking.
You should check it out in the morning.
You will not get a more intellectual and factual presentation of world events from any main news source.
And it is one of the few, if not the only show that makes an attempt to present itself without bias.
If you want less bias, you will have to read your material.

You should check it out in the morning.
You will not get a more intellectual and factual presentation of world events from any main news source.
And it is one of the few, if not the only show that makes an attempt to present itself without bias.
If you want less bias, you will have to read your material.

I didn't say I didn't watch CNN. I get my news mostly from the the WSJ, Orange County Register and the L.A. Times every morning when I open my front door. I also watch Fox News news programs along with CNN. I always watch "The Five" and O'Reilly, Kelly and Gretta some times. Might even stay up to see who's sitting in the "Leg Chair" on Red Eye. Fox Business News is worth watching.

The facts are when it comes to cable news, Fox is doing it right and are less bias than CNN.

MSNBC is nothing more than a spoke hole for the Obama White House. It all commentary programing or shows about prisons and criminals behind bars who the Democrat Party wants to give the vote to.

What I've noticed on most political forums, libs and progressives have a real hard time distinguishing between entertainment, news and commentary programs. I'm still dumbfounded how many on the left think that "Fox and Friends" in the morning is a news program.

Since all of the NBC, CBS and ABC Sunday morning talking heads come on at the same time, I can only watch one. But Fox News is smart enough not to air there's at the same time.

The McLaughlin Group is a must.

CNN's Fareed Zakaria thinks he's smart but he's believes everything he reads. The guy is as dumb as any other liberal. Who in the State Department gave this guy an immigration visa ? And what's with so many foreigners being on CNN ?

I also watch one to two hours of the local news and either NBC or ABC nightly news.

I didn't say I didn't watch CNN. I get my news mostly from the the WSJ, Orange County Register and the L.A. Times every morning when I open my front door. I also watch Fox News news programs along with CNN. I always watch "The Five" and O'Reilly, Kelly and Gretta some times. Might even stay up to see who's sitting in the "Leg Chair" on Red Eye. Fox Business News is worth watching.

The facts are when it comes to cable news, Fox is doing it right and are less bias than CNN.

MSNBC is nothing more than a spoke hole for the Obama White House. It all commentary programing or shows about prisons and criminals behind bars who the Democrat Party wants to give the vote to.

What I've noticed on most political forums, libs and progressives have a real hard time distinguishing between entertainment, news and commentary programs. I'm still dumbfounded how many on the left think that "Fox and Friends" in the morning is a news program.

Since all of the NBC, CBS and ABC Sunday morning talking heads come on at the same time, I can only watch one. But Fox News is smart enough not to air there's at the same time.

The McLaughlin Group is a must.

CNN's Fareed Zakaria thinks he's smart but he's believes everything he reads. The guy is as dumb as any other liberal. Who in the State Department gave this guy an immigration visa ? And what's with so many foreigners being on CNN ?

I also watch one to two hours of the local news and either NBC or ABC nightly news.

Personally I watch a lot of Fox. But it usually makes me angry before I can stick with it for very long at a time.
I see it as mostly just being a commercial for Vote Republican.
I definitely see Fox as being the most biased. The entire thing is a trick.
I watch it to know what the other side's talking points are going to be.

I agree with you about MSNBC though. They are almost as biased as Fox.
I only watch MSNBC if I feel like having my views stroked but I find some of it to be laughable just like Fox.

CNN used to have a slight Left bias. But now days it seems to have more of a Right bias at times.
Generally they are doing a much better job at staying in the middle now days.

Zakaria however, is more of an anomaly.
It is refreshing to learn facts from an intellectual as opposed to just hearing pundits give their opinions and attempt to brain wash you with trickery (from both sides).
He also has a lot of very interesting guests.

Personally I watch a lot of Fox. But it usually makes me angry before I can stick with it for very long at a time.
I see it as mostly just being a commercial for Vote Republican.
I definitely see Fox as being the most biased. The entire thing is a trick.
I watch it to know what the other side's talking points are going to be.

I agree with you about MSNBC though. They are almost as biased as Fox.
I only watch MSNBC if I feel like having my views stroked but I find some of it to be laughable just like Fox.

CNN used to have a slight Left bias. But now days it seems to have more of a Right bias at times.
Generally they are doing a much better job at staying in the middle now days.

Zakaria however, is more of an anomaly.
It is refreshing to learn facts from an intellectual as opposed to just hearing pundits give their opinions and attempt to brain wash you with trickery (from both sides).
He also has a lot of very interesting guests.

But you have to remember that in December of 2008, Zakaria endorsed Barack Obama on his program GPS. Very unprofessional for a journalist and it showed he's not that smart. It was back then when I had to start digging a little deeper anytime Zakaria said anything claiming that it was factual. He's an internationalist who has a bias opinion.

Something I noticed about Zakaria many years ago, he makes an opinion and I say to myself it seems I recently just read the same thing in a book. Then at the end of the program he always suggest books that he had just read. I also noticed his opinions are always changing. I think he's heavily influenced from what he reads. I don't think he researches the sources of what he's reading.

Then low and behold Zakaria gets busted for plagiarism. I think it was just last year.

Lets put it this way, anyone who relys on only a few news sources isn't well informed. Anyone who only watches Fox News could be misinformed. Anyone who doesn't watch Fox News is also probably uninformed or misinformed. Anyone who considers getting there news from Comedy Central shouldn't be voting.

When it comes to breaking international news, it's a no brainer, CNN. They have the news corespondents all over the world. For national breaking news, with all of the Fox affiliates all over the nation, Fox News has it covered.

But you have to remember that in December of 2008, Zakaria endorsed Barack Obama on his program GPS. Very unprofessional for a journalist and it showed he's not that smart. It was back then when I had to start digging a little deeper anytime Zakaria said anything claiming that it was factual. He's an internationalist who has a bias opinion.

Something I noticed about Zakaria many years ago, he makes an opinion and I say to myself it seems I recently just read the same thing in a book. Then at the end of the program he always suggest books that he had just read. I also noticed his opinions are always changing. I think he's heavily influenced from what he reads. I don't think he researches the sources of what he's reading.

Then low and behold Zakaria gets busted for plagiarism. I think it was just last year.

Lets put it this way, anyone who relys on only a few news sources isn't well informed. Anyone who only watches Fox News could be misinformed. Anyone who doesn't watch Fox News is also probably uninformed or misinformed. Anyone who considers getting there news from Comedy Central shouldn't be voting.

When it comes to breaking international news, it's a no brainer, CNN. They have the news corespondents all over the world. For national breaking news, with all of the Fox affiliates all over the nation, Fox News has it covered.

I can agree that Zakaria has some degree of bias.
I simply believe that he does the best job at presenting all of the facts and at keeping his bias to a minimum, out of any 1 hour televised source.
I believe that there is more to be learned from watching Zakaria and less opinion to be heard.
Btw a good sign of intelligence can often be that a person frequently changes their mind based on new information. But yes, not always.

I can also agree that Fox does the best job at finding National breaking news. It is just too bad that they then put a hard right spin on it.
Anytime there is a mass killing or some big news story, Fox is the place to go learn about it. But you will also learn how it connects to Obama at the same time. There will be some type of spin on it. If not while its unfolding, it will get spun for the rest of the 24 hour cycle.

my favorite is generally the live breaking coverage, but the situation room is decent.

i like Reliable Sources until Kurtz ****ed up, got ****canned, and went to fox.

I
I can also agree that Fox does the best job at finding National breaking news. It is just too bad that they then put a hard right spin on it.
Anytime there is a mass killing or some big news story, Fox is the place to go learn about it. But you will also learn how it connects to Obama at the same time. There will be some type of spin on it. If not while its unfolding, it will get spun for the rest of the 24 hour cycle.

You picked "mass killing", could you show some examples how Fox News spun the story and politicized it ? Did they search the web and finding that the shooter John Doe was white and a member of the Tea Party ? No, that was the first thing CNN, MSNBC/NBC, CBS and ABC does. Instead of fact checking they report that John Doe is white and is a member of the Tea Party and then discover, it's the wrong John Doe.

They did the same thing with the Gabby Giffer shooting in Tucson. Couldn't find a Tea Party connection so they blamed Sarah Palin and cross hairs. But when it was discovered that the shooter was a pot smoking Democrat, they didn't report it.

Fox News gave the Zimmerman/Martin shooting little coverage in the beginning compared to the rest of the MSM. It was the rest of the MSM who politicized it and tried and found Zimmerman guilty before any charges were filed. MSNBC/NBC and CNN going as far as playing the race card and CNN having a limey bad mouthing our Constitution.

Every time there is a mass shooting it's not Fox News who blames the NRA or the Constitution. The rest of the MSM can't make the same clame.

I learn the most from Fareed Zakaria GPS on the weekends. I probably watch AC360 more than anything else on CNN.

Back
Top Bottom