• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

CNN Poll: Was Bush better president than Obama?

I never had a doubt that Pres. Bush loves the America people (all of them) and his country.

Now, I have very little faith that this president comes anywhere close to loving the people or the country.
All you have to do is listen to him demonize the Rep. and tea party to see it. Then listen to all the apologies he makes for us. How about him saying we are exceptional....but... so are other countries.
Darn it! I want a President who believes in American exceptionalism with no buts about it.

Hec yes Bush was a better president!

Yes my friend you got this exactly right.

This poll is garbage. Come back in 2016 when Obamas two terms are up and compare again. :roll:

Did Bush make mistakes? Hell yes but he wasn't out to destroy America as Obama seems to be by his actions and agenda.

Obama is a low live scumbag

You are EVERYTHING that you blamed Obama supporters of being.

The douchebagginess of this poll and everything that's going on right now is that the right are merely behaving like the left did during Bush's presidency and pretending that they're better about it.

The dickeshness of both parties has driven me over the edge. I've barely been back here because after a trip out of nation, I realized how stupid we all are (and note, I said "we").

Both sides have fallen into lunacy.

I hope we do like Brazil did and vote for a clown. It couldn't hurt. Or you could vote for the Republican candidate for Senator in Delaware. Same thing.

Obama has already been nominated the 15th best president. Ranking 24 places higher than Bush.

President Bush by far did the worst job as president than any one else has in a long while. He is the reason we are in this current crisis, along with everyone he allowed to have a hand in the 9/11 incident and the "War on Terror".

If you don't believe this you a fool.

By who? This poll says different

This poll is garbage. Come back in 2016 when Obamas two terms are up and compare again. :roll:

2 terms?
JC-hysterical.gif

In my opinion, no. We must not forget the magnitude of the mess the Obama administration inherited from the Bush administration, from the unnecessary invasion of Iraq that has left over a million people dead; not to mention the billions spent on that war, the economy was also left in shambles by the time he stepped foot into the whitehouse, the worst it's been since the great depression, at that time. How can one expect to turn something that serious around in such a short period of time? not to mention the handling of hurricane Katrina.

Point still stand it is a stupid question and poll. You can't judge and compare a presidency to another one when it isn't even over yet.
Saying you can't make a judgment on the 2-years of Obama, plus what he campaigned on, what his Journolists hid for him is... absolutely asinine.

Of course you can make a judgment, and people are doing just that. Obi has compiled a record of hostility to America and American business that reveals many on the right knew precisely who and what kind of radical he is.

It doesn't take much when you string the names of Alinsky, Wright, Khalidi, and Ayers together. Not exactly chumming around with patriotic Americans. Now he's fulfilling the fantasies of these idiots. Much of the public has sobered up, and are rightly pissed off at being duped.

Obama is a fraud, failure, and economic illiterate of magnificent proportions. Hope, Change, Unity, post-racial, post-partisan... (projectile vomit icon)... were "words... just words."

And we can't measure the man? Bull****.

Last edited:
I know some people did, but since I wasn't here on the website while that happened I would not have been able to say this. You can't judge him before his term in office is over.

Yes I can.

At least Bush will not point fingers at others and blame others the way Obama does

Oh please.....Bush's mantra was responsibility for nothing....accountability to no one.

No Bush encouraged people to go on with their lives. He let the markets fixit. He did not pour money out in a stimulus.

9/11 or Democrats: Which was worse for the economy? - poorsinner101 - Open Salon

Is that right? Bush let the free market handle everything?

A NATION CHALLENGED - THE AIRLINES - A NATION CHALLENGED - THE AIRLINES - Bailout for Airlines Showed the Weight Of a Mighty Lobby - NYTimes.com

From The Article said:
Just one day after terrorists hijacked and crashed four commercial jets, lobbyists for the airline industry were already at work, laying the groundwork for a multibillion-dollar plan to rescue the industry.

This time, a mere 24 hours after the Sept. 11 terrorist attack, with the nation still shocked and grieving, the airlines moved quickly on the ground, if not in the air. By the evening of Sept. 12, the carriers had joined in a unified effort to persuade Congress they needed federal aid.

The airlines had plenty of resources to draw on: 27 in-house lobbyists, augmented by lobbyists from 42 Washington firms. The lineup included former White House aides and transportation secretaries, retired members of the House and Senate, and a former Republican National Committee chairman, Haley Barbour. The airlines also had at their disposal a Continental Airlines lobbyist, Rebecca Cox, who is a former Reagan administration official and the wife of Representative Christopher Cox, a California Republican.

And in the front lines were the airlines' own chief executives, well known in the halls of Congress, and corporate board members -- many of whom were Bush campaign contributors. Among them were Donald J. Carty, the chief executive of AMR, the parent of American Airlines, and Gordon Bethune, chief executive of Continental, both of whom are based in Texas and have known Mr. Bush well for years, and Leo F. Mullin, chief executive of Delta Air Lines.

Not everyone approved of the industry's aggressive tactics in seeking more money than it lost in the three-day shutdown while excluding its own employees from the bailout.

As a result, on the night of Sept. 14, at a time when House members had been told to go home for the day, a two-page bill that would have authorized Congress to give the industry $12.5 billion almost passed by unanimous consent in a nearly empty House chamber around midnight.

Many of these board members were also big campaign contributors. American's board members alone gave $148,200 to Republicans in the last presidential election, while the boards of four airlines -- Delta, United Airlines, Continental and American -- gave a total of $712,569 in soft-money donations to both parties. And, American gave another $100,000 to the Bush inauguration.

A United board member, Richard McCormick, gave Republicans $98,000, A Continental board member, Richard W. Pogue, gave Republicans $40,000 and David Bonderman, also on the Continental board, gave $110,000 to the Democrats, according to the Center for Responsive Politics, a Washington research group.

The airlines also benefited from the push for the bailout bill provided by airline executives, like Mr. Carty of American and Mr. Mullin of Delta, who routinely work the halls of Congress themselves and made personal visits throughout Washington. One reason they were well received: since 1998, the industry over all has given $7.4 million to Republican candidates and committees, and $4.6 million to Democrats.

In what some lobbyists called a master stroke, the airline industry was able to double the amount of direct aid it had initially sought by agreeing to forgo loan guarantees, which they ultimately got anyhow.

Meanwhile, even in a Democratic-controlled Senate, the pleas of organized labor to protect airline employees were pretty much ignored. ''We are upset that the crisis with the airline workers was not addressed along with the crisis with the airlines,'' said William Samuel, a lobbyist for the A.F.L.-C.I.O.

Signup - Knowledge@Emory

From The Article said:
Under the plan, insurance payouts would be capped at $12 billion in 2002, $23 billion in 2003 and $36 billion in 2004. The government would pick up the rest of the costs above those thresholds up to $100 billion. After three years, the Federal proposal calls for the government to leave the insurance business.

The government has already aided the industry indirectly by prohibiting families of attack victims from seeking punitive damages from the airlines and limiting damages to $100 million per airline. In addition, reinsurers say that they have sufficient resources to pay the claims resulting from the September 11 disaster.

Are you sure Bush let the free market handle everything?

They both fail my opinion of what a 'good president' encomapases.
So does Bill Clinton and many others.

One irk - other than they created more financial problems for our country than they solved - is that they took credit for the good things that happened even if they had nothing to do with it (ahem - Clinton with his 'surplus') - and just tried to bury the downside of those things.

Politicians- never changing.

Compare that to almost a trillion by Obama and Bush seems very minimal.

Oh, okay.

So you've gone from "Bush didn't do bail-outs, he let the free market work," to "Bush's bail-out wasn't that bad because it wasn't as much." Nice flip-flop there.

Oh, okay.

So you've gone from "Bush didn't do bail-outs, he let the free market work," to "Bush's bail-out wasn't that bad because it wasn't as much." Nice flip-flop there.

Yes Bush did minimal and let the free markets work he did not take over companies and industries like Obama has

Yes Bush did minimal and let the free markets work he did not take over companies and industries like Obama has

How can Bush both use government funds to bail two industries and let free markets work? By definition, free markets are without outside influence.

How can Bush both use government funds to bail two industries and let free markets work? By definition, free markets are without outside influence.

Giving money is not taking over as Obama did. Money helps them sustain and improve public opinion after a devasting event.

The only reason to down a president such as Barack Obama, is out of fear and racism. Bush and his colleagues ruined our country by GOING TO WAR ON LIES. If you can not see that our current president is a promising intellectual and that he is doing his best to fix the state of the nation, than you are closing your eyes to the truth as you all have been doing for years. To think that Obama is "trying to ruin our country" is a ridiculous slander and by no means does any evidence support this. For the rest of eternity may president George W. Bush be remembered as the worst president to ever have weaseled his way into office.

The only reason to down a president such as Barack Obama, is out of fear and racism.

Fear or racism? Throw OUT the racism-rhetoric and stop playing that card, please. It's VERY old - especially considering that it came into play when *Clinton* - people calledh im our first black president and obviously he was far from it in the literal sense.

Yes, Obama's our first black president.
No, I don't give a damn.
I don't agree with him politically - but so many people throw around the racist card that I've begun to really question their focus and interest in politics at all. Do I *have* to force myself to say I agree with his policies and decisions (even though I don't) just to *avoid* being called a racist?
That's a bunch of bull**** if you ask me.

I think people are playing on that taboo accusation to bully others into siding with *their guy* - which is just as lowly as *being* racist.

I don't vote on race or fear. Though I do see your point (Pessimism and paranoia (not fear) seems to drive the opposition and race seemed to play a huge 'vote' role for many Democrats.)

I'm not in either of those groups - like many others.
I'm not afraid of anything. I do, however, have my opinions of how our government and country should function and what our priorities should be - Obama, Bush, Clinton - et al - in different ways - all seem to be very good at going against my perceptions and thoughts on the issues.

Bush and his colleagues ruined our country by GOING TO WAR ON LIES. If you can not see that our current president is a promising intellectual and that he is doing his best to fix the state of the nation, than you are closing your eyes to the truth as you all have been doing for years. To think that Obama is "trying to ruin our country" is a ridiculous slander and by no means does any evidence support this. For the rest of eternity may president George W. Bush be remembered as the worst president to ever have weaseled his way into office.

Into this part of your post - you can substitute ANY president's name for Bush's or Obama's and still have a truthful statement depending on who reads it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom