• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

CNN Poll: 7 in 10 who watched say Biden's speech left them feeling optimistic

You're so misinformed it's amazing or is it that you hate non-white so much that you don't care about any circumstances except they were brought here illegally? To be a Dreamer you cannot have broken the law, get it? Is that above your pay grade? You're one cold human being. I'm guessing that you hate children no matter where they come from. You know, the guy yelling on his lawn when kids bike by telling them to get lost?

Miss informed? That is your partisan, biased arrogant opinion. I believe in the rule of law and I believe that anyone who breaks the law including next of kin that raised illegals do so willingly and should pay the price. No, dreamers didn't break the law but someone did and anyone that houses and illegal is breaking the law, that is reality

Miss informed? That is your partisan, biased arrogant opinion. I believe in the rule of law and I believe that anyone who breaks the law including next of kin that raised illegals do so willingly and should pay the price. No, dreamers didn't break the law but someone did and anyone that houses and illegal is breaking the law, that is reality
So what would you do with the Dreamers? Tell us what your solution is? Remember, these kids are not cardboard cutouts, they're people and all they've ever known is living in the US. What would you do? BTW - if someone in Texas smokes a joint and you see them do you call the police because they're breaking the law? Do you ever drive above the speed limit? Your posts are so heartless it's frightening.

Last edited:
So what would you do with the Dreamers? Tell us what your solution is? Remember, these kids are not cardboard cutouts, they're people and all they've ever known is living in the US. What would you do? BTW - if someone in Texas smokes a joint and you see them do you call the police because they're breaking the law? Do you ever drive above the speed limit? Your posts are so heartless it's frightening.
Hold their guardians responsible for meeting immigration requirements, take them home and return them legally. The rest of your post is typical liberal bullshit trying to justify illegal activities. Speed limit on the highways are state and local issues, smoking a joint is a local issue, violating immigration is federal

I only watched the speech in parts. Biden has turned out better than i expected thus far. Its refreshing to have a sane adult in the WH, and i am judging him on his actions as he keeps words to a minimum. In some respects he reminds me of another man with a lot of common sense and few words, President Truman.

So now you're back to ignoring what government produces, such as roads. And ignoring the more important point that government produces the infrastructure that enables ALL production, such as military, law enforcement, a court system to enforce private agreements, and so forth. Seems someone has an agenda.
I've never seen a road being paved by the U.S. government. I've seen paving companies doing that, being paid by the government. Wherein the paving company, for a fee, produced a freshly paved road. Sometimes they are paid by public entities, sometimes private. Either way, the company produces the newly paved road, not a government that transferred money, or just plain printed it. They produced nothing.

As I've said before, this isn't just some opinion that I came up with, it's a long known, well known fact. Government produces nothing. I guess it's just not sinking in with you? Doesn't make it any less true. Hope you get it, at some point.

It shouldn't be a revelation of just how much bad faith pervaded the Trump Administration. He was a flag-waving super-patriot who called Democrats unpatriotic but was perfectly OK with actively collude with foreign dictators and willing to overthrow the government to stay in power. He mouthed fiscal responsibility -- promising to pay off the debt in eight years -- but was perfectly OK with tax cuts that explode the deficit. He promised to bring those 'high paying coal jobs' back -- a promise that a candidate more faithful to the truth would never make.

So, yeah, infrastructure week was baloney.
I agree, it's just that when he was elected (and I had a very memorable conversation with a friend on this), I defaulted to optimism. As in, clearly a totally unqualified (in a thousand ways) hateful bastard had been elected, but he had a clear inclination to say or do anything to win approval, and several statements suggested he might pursue that (non-partisan) goal rather than going full on right wing nativist hater. For example, infrastructure comments, his comment about not caring what bathroom people use, his initial post-election flirtation with gun control. But at some point he decided he would get more adoration and power by being a right wing hard liner.

I've never seen a road being paved by the U.S. government. I've seen paving companies doing that, being paid by the government. Wherein the paving company, for a fee, produced a freshly paved road. Sometimes they are paid by public entities, sometimes private. Either way, the company produces the newly paved road, not a government that transferred money, or just plain printed it. They produced nothing.

So, to summarize, you are starting by defining production to exclude anything intangible. Anything the government produces, even when it is a necessary precondition to your paving company even existing in the first place, gets excluded -- so ignore the foundational governmental contributions of a court system, law enforcement, defense against foreign aggressors, and so forth, even though no one produces anything without those. The entire notion of a paving "company" depends on a government "producing" a legal category for such an entity, but fine. Next you ignore anything the government produces if it relies on private contractors rather than doing the work itself. A fascinating thing, since conservatives have spent decades railing against the government doing anything BUT bidding out work to private contractors -- now you're going to turn around and claim government produces nothing when it uses the exact means demanded by conservatives to accomplish such production? And you are still ignoring what the government does produce -- even under your uniquely strained definition of production, for example, I'm pretty sure the Army Corps of Engineers produces a levee now and then, some soldiers in the field produce fortifications, and so forth. But do (continue to) ignore that last part and focus on what came before. The government clearly fills a crucial coordinating role in the production of many, many tangible things; why are you ignoring this? And why are you choosing an absurd definition of production that implies the entire knowledge economy produces nothing? In other words, why are you playing semantic games to try to act like government is useless?

So, to summarize, you are starting by defining production to exclude anything intangible. Anything the government produces, even when it is a necessary precondition to your paving company even existing in the first place, gets excluded -- so ignore the foundational governmental contributions of a court system, law enforcement, defense against foreign aggressors, and so forth, even though no one produces anything without those. The entire notion of a paving "company" depends on a government "producing" a legal category for such an entity, but fine. Next you ignore anything the government produces if it relies on private contractors rather than doing the work itself. A fascinating thing, since conservatives have spent decades railing against the government doing anything BUT bidding out work to private contractors -- now you're going to turn around and claim government produces nothing when it uses the exact means demanded by conservatives to accomplish such production? And you are still ignoring what the government does produce -- even under your uniquely strained definition of production, for example, I'm pretty sure the Army Corps of Engineers produces a levee now and then, some soldiers in the field produce fortifications, and so forth. But do (continue to) ignore that last part and focus on what came before. The government clearly fills a crucial coordinating role in the production of many, many tangible things; why are you ignoring this? And why are you choosing an absurd definition of production that implies the entire knowledge economy produces nothing? In other words, why are you playing semantic games to try to act like government is useless?
Just not sinking in, eh? Well, not my problem.

I only watched the speech in parts. Biden has turned out better than i expected thus far. Its refreshing to have a sane adult in the WH, and i am judging him on his actions as he keeps words to a minimum. In some respects he reminds me of another man with a lot of common sense and few words, President Truman.
So in other words, you buy what the media is selling you as an American Idol voter where perception is reality and actual results don't matter? Why don't you come visit the TX Border? Seems like supporters of Biden do not seem to understand the true role of the President and base their opinions on what someone else tells them.

Looks about right to me, typical of how liberals interpret speeches and results

Nothing to see here. The same liberals that posted and focused on every supposed lie that Trump made are amazingly silent on the Biden Administration lies on the Border. Out of sight, out of mind is the liberal understanding

I agree, it's just that when he was elected (and I had a very memorable conversation with a friend on this), I defaulted to optimism. As in, clearly a totally unqualified (in a thousand ways) hateful bastard had been elected, but he had a clear inclination to say or do anything to win approval, and several statements suggested he might pursue that (non-partisan) goal rather than going full on right wing nativist hater. For example, infrastructure comments, his comment about not caring what bathroom people use, his initial post-election flirtation with gun control. But at some point he decided he would get more adoration and power by being a right wing hard liner.
Yours is an example of where hate and name calling sold totally ignoring the policies implemented. Apparently it is more important to like the President than it is having a President who generated such incredible results that positively impacted even you. His tax cut, America First, pro private sector, anti China/Iran policies made this country safer, stronger but he never received the recognition deserved. Had Obama or Biden generated those results why would have been nominated for Mt. Rushmore.

Our enemies and liberals hated Trump as he was a threat to their power something you want to ignore. NATO was stronger, our economy stronger, state and local revenues stronger so he had to be destroyed to preserve the liberal rhetoric. No excuse absentee and mail in ballots gave the left all they needed to steal this election. A large number of Biden votes were actually anti Trump votes giving us Biden. Liberals sold hatred and now are promoting unity, such hypocrites

So in other words, you buy what the media is selling you as an American Idol voter where perception is reality and actual results don't matter? Why don't you come visit the TX Border? Seems like supporters of Biden do not seem to understand the true role of the President and base their opinions on what someone else tells them.

Looks about right to me, typical of how liberals interpret speeches and results

Why do you embarrass yourself by posting such an absurd link? People will laugh after reading the link...at you! You, like the GOP in general these days can't really find anything to attack Biden about so instead you, and your right wingnut compatriots are left to point out nonsense. Thanks for the belly laugh...you do keep us smiling!

Had Obama or Biden generated those results why would have been nominated for Mt. Rushmore.

Our enemies and liberals hated Trump as he was a threat to their power something you want to ignore. NATO was stronger, our economy stronger, state and local revenues stronger so he had to be destroyed to preserve the liberal rhetoric. No excuse absentee and mail in ballots gave the left all they needed to steal this election. A large number of Biden votes were actually anti Trump votes giving us Biden. Liberals sold hatred and now are promoting unity, such hypocrites
1620319160866.jpeg
Great idea! It's already happened...here's proof...it wouldn't be on the web if it weren't true, right Conservative?

Why do you embarrass yourself by posting such an absurd link? People will laugh after reading the link...at you! You, like the GOP in general these days can't really find anything to attack Biden about so instead you, and your right wingnut compatriots are left to point out nonsense. Thanks for the belly laugh...you do keep us smiling!
Why do you support such a fraudulent Ideology, that was sarcasm but pretty close to the truth. You cannot post any official liberal results that support the liberal rhetoric or your support

View attachment 67332143
Great idea! It's already happened...here's proof...it wouldn't be on the web if it weren't true, right Conservative?
Yes absolutely awesome the worst recovery from a major recession in history, doesn't take much to generate liberal praise and support all because "out of sight, out of mind"

Yes absolutely awesome the worst recovery from a major recession in history, doesn't take much to generate liberal praise and support all because "out of sight, out of mind"
Here's an Op-Ed from a REAL Republican unlike you and your fellow Trump cultists. You have to admire someone who puts truth and country before Trump...unlike you and the rest of the Trumplicans she has integrity and believe me when I tell you I disagree with her politics almost 100%.

In public statements again this week, former president Donald Trump has repeated his claims that the 2020 election was a fraud and was stolen. His message: I am still the rightful president, and President Biden is illegitimate. Trump repeats these words now with full knowledge that exactly this type of language provoked violence on Jan. 6.

Here's an Op-Ed from a REAL Republican unlike you and your fellow Trump cultists. You have to admire someone who puts truth and country before Trump...unlike you and the rest of the Trumplicans she has integrity and believe me when I tell you I disagree with her politics almost 100%.

Truth and country? How about rhetoric and opinions, You still buy rhetoric and ignore results, why haven't you posted official verifiable liberal results that support the liberal rhetoric? Not sure what company you work for but you aren't going to find many CEO's that you like or the shareholders like but shareholders like results and Trump generated those results, results that even benefited you but you are too partisan to acknowledge. Taking care of your family is your number one priority and keeping more of what you earn makes that easier and less dependent on gov't. That seems to be a problem for you

Truth and country? How about rhetoric and opinions...
Are you saying that Liz Cheney is wrong? SHE'S LYING? She's one of the few Republicans who speaks the truth but you wouldn't know that since you're part of the BIG LIE
Taking care of your family is your number one priority and keeping more of what you earn makes that easier and less dependent on gov't. That seems to be a problem for you
Problem for me? Nope! My family is just fine and have nice lives. Thanks for your concern. No one I know is "dependent" on the government. That's your standard BULLSHIT line that you have posted in this Forum tens of thousands of times and it's so absurd. You have like 5 standard cut and paste lines that you repeat hoping that someone, anyone, will believe what you write but it's like the definition of insanity...you keep hoping for a different result every time you post it and yet all that you're doing is cementing your place in the BIG LIE and CONSPIRACY THEORY insanity.

Liz Cheney has the guts to speak out against Trump and it will cost her not only her leadership position but her seat next year but she has integrity and she doesn't lie. You would do well to learn from her.

Truth and country? How about rhetoric and opinions, You still buy rhetoric and ignore results, why haven't you posted official verifiable liberal results that support the liberal rhetoric? Not sure what company you work for but you aren't going to find many CEO's that you like or the shareholders like but shareholders like results and Trump
Sorry pal, but I work and know many CEOS for big companies and almost all universally HATE TRUMP. Unlike you, they're not willing to sell their souls to the devil (TRUMP) just to have more money and they don't have to. Integrity is something you know NOTHING about and from your posts I don't think you have any. You laugh at people who speak from their hearts and respond with "but, but, but I have more money." You can't take it with you my friend and if you have integrity you won't lose it no matter how much money you have.

It's so interesting to witness someone who sells their souls / integrity for what they believe is more money. People like that are generally hated and called out for being cruel, heartless and evil and most often they have miserable lives with people talking negatively about them behind their backs and to their faces. You know?

Are you saying that Liz Cheney is wrong? SHE'S LYING? She's one of the few Republicans who speaks the truth but you wouldn't know that since you're part of the BIG LIE

Problem for me? Nope! My family is just fine and have nice lives. Thanks for your concern. No one I know is "dependent" on the government. That's your standard BULLSHIT line that you have posted in this Forum tens of thousands of times and it's so absurd. You have like 5 standard cut and paste lines that you repeat hoping that someone, anyone, will believe what you write but it's like the definition of insanity...you keep hoping for a different result every time you post it and yet all that you're doing is cementing your place in the BIG LIE and CONSPIRACY THEORY insanity.

Liz Cheney has the guts to speak out against Trump and it will cost her not only her leadership position but her seat next year but she has integrity and she doesn't lie. You would do well to learn from her.
I will tell you what I continue to tell you results matter, you hated Trump but that hatred doesn't change the reality of the results generated and results matter, just like with shareholders regarding CEO's.

There is no doubt your family is fine and there is no doubt you live in a bubble buying rhetoric and being totally clueless when it comes to the dependence liberalism creates for others. Biden/Obama were social disasters but you bought the rhetoric ignoring the results. the fact that you cannot post official verifiable results for Obama and Biden with context speaks volumes and shows how rhetoric buys your votes and results aren't relevant.

Sorry pal, but I work and know many CEOS for big companies and almost all universally HATE TRUMP. Unlike you, they're not willing to sell their souls to the devil (TRUMP) just to have more money and they don't have to. Integrity is something you know NOTHING about and from your posts I don't think you have any. You laugh at people who speak from their hearts and respond with "but, but, but I have more money." You can't take it with you my friend and if you have integrity you won't lose it no matter how much money you have.

It's so interesting to witness someone who sells their souls / integrity for what they believe is more money. People like that are generally hated and called out for being cruel, heartless and evil and most often they have miserable lives with people talking negatively about them behind their backs and to their faces. You know?
SO those CEO's hated Trump why? Why do you hate Trump? You buy rhetoric and called most of his statements lies while ignoring the results. Any CEO that hates Trump has to be part of the rich liberal elites that benefited from liberal dependence creating policies. I posted a link showing the richest people in the country with most Liberal. It is easy to buy rhetoric when your insolated from the results like apparently you are

Now stop the liberal bullshit about selling my soul. I have stated and rightly so that my number one responsibility is taking care of my family, then helping neighbors. I do that by keeping more of what I earn so I need less supposed help from the taxpayers like apparently you do

Why shouldn't corporations pay tax on their record profits? Do they not benefit from the infrastructure the govt. provides and therefore should help fund it? Safety and environmental regulations are good for everyone Corporations included. What is good for jobs is more money in the pockets of those that spend it in the economy. Sales create jobs not people or the govt.. If you want to stimulate jobs go out and buy something.
Because it will be passed on to the consumer. That's what the left is blind to. People go into business to make money. The more they make, the more they expand, creating more jobs, generating more profits, and so it goes. When the government takes more of it away, it cuts into profits, which results in jobs being cut, and wages going down.

Because it will be passed on to the consumer. That's what the left is blind to. People go into business to make money. The more they make, the more they expand, creating more jobs, generating more profits, and so it goes. When the government takes more of it away, it cuts into profits, which results in jobs being cut, and wages going down.
That is a ridiculous premise. Are the CEO's income taxes also passed to the consumer? I guess we should eliminate them too and then everything would be cheaper right? Prices are set by the market not tax rates. There is no reason a corporation cannot pay a % of its profits to the Govt. and if they want to reduce that tax they can always invest profits in their business instead since that is all deductible as are employees wages so they could give them a long overdue raise too. Your mentality will be the death of capitalism if you don't watch out.

I have to disagree. When constructing a P&L taxes are one of the lines in budget. There are many factors that go into pricing, cost of goods, rent, employee costs, healthcare etc. A tax increase will not ultimately affect pricing because when you divide the increase into the cost of an individual item that a company sells it becomes pennies at most especially when you factor in the taxes are only on the net profits. Have you heard of a company going out of business because they couldn't pay their taxes?

Back
Top Bottom