• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

CNN Poll: 7 in 10 who watched say Biden's speech left them feeling optimistic

iguanaman

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
By a wide margin, speech-watchers said that Biden's policy proposals would move the country in the right direction (73%) rather than the wrong direction (27%). In a survey conducted before the speech, the same people were a bit less bullish that Biden would lead in the right direction (67% right direction, 33% wrong direction), and that movement came from the independents and Republicans who watched the speech. Among Republicans, the share saying Biden's policies would move the country in the right direction grew from 13% pre-speech to 27% post-speech, while among independents, that percentage rose from 61% to 73%.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/28/politics/cnn-poll-biden-speech-to-congress/?hpt=ob_blogfooterold

So did Biden really swing more Republicans to his side with his speech? That was his aim and it appears it worked. All I know is that when such a majority of American (73%) think this is how we should move it will be suicide for the GOP to stand in his way. So are Republicans suicidal or not? I think they have been acting suicidal since the one term mistake was in office. They don't care what the majorities want that is for sure. They pretend they know better and seem to be betting on establishing an autocracy where what the people want is immaterial.

Republican presidents have always run the economy into a ditch, and it’s always been the job of Democrat presidents to dig it out.

I’m not sure how many more times this has to repeat before the American people get a clue.

One of the best parts was watching the Trumptard people there snarl when Biden was applauded. Ol' Lyin' Ted looked like he just had a shot of heroin or something. Or maybe a hangover. He was nodding out. Reminded me of Nancy when she ripped up Trump's speech. He was NOT a happy camper. And that idiot who gave the republican response. Was that a hoot or what?

Just like you look richer when you put a bunch of expensive items on a credit card!

Yeah, no one successful has ever taken out a loan for college, a car, or a house. Why set yourself up for the future when you can keep struggling in your current station?

We are dooooomed!!!

that has to piss off the Confederates and insurrectionists.

Yeah, no one successful has ever taken out a loan for college, a car, or a house. Why set yourself up for the future when you can keep struggling in your current station?

We are dooooomed!!!
Zoooom!! Right over your head!

By a wide margin, speech-watchers said that Biden's policy proposals would move the country in the right direction (73%) rather than the wrong direction (27%). In a survey conducted before the speech, the same people were a bit less bullish that Biden would lead in the right direction (67% right direction, 33% wrong direction), and that movement came from the independents and Republicans who watched the speech. Among Republicans, the share saying Biden's policies would move the country in the right direction grew from 13% pre-speech to 27% post-speech, while among independents, that percentage rose from 61% to 73%.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/28/politics/cnn-poll-biden-speech-to-congress/?hpt=ob_blogfooterold

So did Biden really swing more Republicans to his side with his speech? That was his aim and it appears it worked. All I know is that when such a majority of American (73%) think this is how we should move it will be suicide for the GOP to stand in his way. So are Republicans suicidal or not? I think they have been acting suicidal since the one term mistake was in office. They don't care what the majorities want that is for sure. They pretend they know better and seem to be betting on establishing an autocracy where what the people want is immaterial.
The audience of speech-watchers was a friendly one for Biden, as is typical of presidential addresses to Congress. Overall, the pool of people who watched the speech was about 13 points more Democratic than the general public and about 2 points less Republican. That tilt is similar to the partisan makeup of speech audiences for Obama's final three State of the Union addresses.​

In other words...a totally useless poll.

The audience of speech-watchers was a friendly one for Biden, as is typical of presidential addresses to Congress. Overall, the pool of people who watched the speech was about 13 points more Democratic than the general public and about 2 points less Republican. That tilt is similar to the partisan makeup of speech audiences for Obama's final three State of the Union addresses.​

The poll was of Republicans that watched the speech. The demographics of the poll were stated and more Republicans liked Biden's plan after the speech. In other words you don't like the results and as usual that means FRAUD to you. At least you are consistent.

I am surprised that even the 3 out of ten existed. How could anyone not feel good about his speech?? What a relief to be back to normal again.

The poll was of Republicans that watched the speech. The demographics of the poll were stated and more Republicans liked Biden's plan after the speech. In other words you don't like the results and as usual that means FRAUD to you. At least you are consistent.
What part of...

The audience of speech-watchers was a friendly one for Biden

13 points more Democratic than the general public and about 2 points less Republican​

...do you not understand.

What should worry the **** out of Biden lovers is that 27% of the Biden lovers who watched the speech thought he's going in the wrong direction. That is telling you that more than a quarter of pro-Biden people think he's not good for the US.

One of the best parts was watching the Trumptard people there snarl when Biden was applauded. Ol' Lyin' Ted looked like he just had a shot of heroin or something. Or maybe a hangover. He was nodding out. Reminded me of Nancy when she ripped up Trump's speech. He was NOT a happy camper. And that idiot who gave the republican response. Was that a hoot or what?

I thought the same thing as I watched it.

I thought Cancun Cruz was going to need a shot of adrenaline into the heart like the girl in pulp fiction...

Oh PLEASE let me do it!!!

"POLL REJECTED"!!!

Yup I'm clairvoyant...

Back
Top Bottom