• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

CNN places "X" over VP Cheney's face during live speech.

alienken said:
Story is on http://www.drudgereport.com/ What a great example of media bias.

This should come as no small surprise; ...most who can be honest with themselves already know the media are nothing more than mouthpieces for the democratic party.

Crap, ..it is obvious with Newsweek, Time magazine, The New York Times, & L.A. Times just to mention a few, ..& in fact NOT even debateable anymore!

Once in awhile, ..even the media slips up exposing their true nature of bias!

One can see it by many network news anaylists by their words, & expressions when they extrapolate on their own personal editorializing.;)

"Well... ya see... Cheney was bowling on the White House lanes last night and ...umm....got a strike...and that's his new nickname..umm..yeah... he's the "Striker"! Yeah. That's the ticket! Go Cheney!"

CNN Spin.

Luckily, conservatives don't watch CNN so they won't get influenced by Jamie Kennedy at the controls.:mrgreen:

Here's some more info:

TVNewser carries CNN’s explanation, quoting a spokesperson as saying, “upon seeing this unfortunate but very brief graphic, CNN senior management immediately investigated. We concluded this was a technological malfunction not an issue of operator error. A portion of the switcher experienced a momentary glitch. We obviously regret that it happened and are working on the equipment to ensure it is not repeated.”

And a “TVSpyer” gives Newser a more technical explanation: “Anyone who's been in TV for 5 minutes knows that the giant X on CNN is a black key frame the technical director uses to set the black level for animated keys and a cue point for animated keys. The X is at 7% black level and the background is at 0%. This is how the TD sets his key and how the tape op knows where to cue the tape. It accidentally went on air. Big deal. No conspiracy, no scandal.”

You know, there are lots of examples of media bias on both sides. This isn't one of them. Do you really think that CNN would deliberately place an X over Cheney's face? What purpose would this serve? Even if CNN had an anti-Cheney agenda, bias isn't useful unless it's subtle. It probably WAS a computer bug.

I doubt if it was a glitch. CNN has always been anti-Republican and anti-Bush Admin. So I'm really not surprised that CNN would do something like this. I've always called CNN the "Clinton News Network" and the "Communist News Network".

alienken said:

Heheheheehheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
eheheheehehehehehehehehehehe.

CNN finally did something good. Most of the time they tell lies that favor the Fascists. I wish I had seen it. Cheney hates america, and everyone who can think knows it. I watched part of the speech, but missed the crowning Pro American achievemnt by CNN

Soon we Willl find away to remove Bush and Cheney and get the trash in a good texas prison.

dragonslayer said:

CNN finally did something good. Most of the time they tell lies that favor the Fascists. I wish I had seen it. Cheney hates america, and everyone who can think knows it. I watched part of the speech, but missed the crowning Pro American achievemnt by CNN

Soon we Willl find away to remove Bush and Cheney and get the trash in a good texas prison.

All of your other insane accusations aside, it is good to see you admit that CNN did it on purpose.

But keep shouting it, Dragonslyer. Shout it to the mountaintops. "Cheney hates Anerica" "Soon Bush and Cheney will be in a Texas prison" You make your party proud!

alienken said:

I think God has had enough of Cheney's crap and She forced the big black X over his lying chickenhawk face. Hopefully it's permament.

If Drudge says it, it must be true - Developing :roll:

dragonslayer said:

I wish I could see some liberal programming on CNN. Everytime I turn it on it looks like Fox lite. It's just that Fox want's you to THINK that CNN is liberal, so you'll watch them. All the time. 24-7. Day in day out. Without end. Over and over. The same people. All the time. The same talking points. O'Reilly.24-7. Day in day out. Without end. Over and over. The same people. All the time. Hannity. 24-7. Day in day out. Without end. Over and over. The same people. All the time. Hume. Spin24-7. Day in day out. Without end. Over and over. The same people. All the time. spin 24-7. Day in day out. Without end. Over and over. 24-7. Day in day out. Without end. Over and over. The same people. All the time. The same people. All the time. spin.

We have always been at war with Eastasia...

Now I feel better. :mrgreen:

dragonslayer said:

Can you provide a link please to prove all those assessments?

alienken said:
Where do you think Drudge got the photo of Cheney on CNN? Look, I agree that Drudge lacks credibility in a lot of ways, but this isn;t one of them...unless you tare asserting that Drudge concocted a phoney CNN photo.

hipsterdufus said:
If Drudge says it, it must be true - Developing :roll:

Wait a second. Are you saying it didn;t happen and Drudge has made up this entire story? What if I said I saw it happen on CNN?

Come on, hipster, your credibility is showing.

KCConservative said:
Wait a second. Are you saying it didn;t happen and Drudge has made up this entire story? What if I said I saw it happen on CNN?

Come on, hipster, your credibility is showing.
Yes, because Drudge has never pulled a Dan Rather:

The most famous was a libel lawsuit stemming from a 1997 report in which he said that incoming White House assistant Sidney Blumenthal beat his wife and was covering it up. Drudge retracted the story the next day, saying he was given bad information, but Blumenthal filed a $30 million libel lawsuit against Drudge. The libel suit was settled in 2001 when Blumenthal agreed to drop the charges if Drudge did not file counter-charges. The case lasted for about five years because the burden of proof was on Blumenthal to show that Drudge had printed the false report with actual malice (a precedent established in New York Times Co. v. Sullivan).

hipsterdufus said:
I wish I could see some liberal programming on CNN. Everytime I turn it on it looks like Fox lite. It's just that Fox want's you to THINK that CNN is liberal, so you'll watch them. All the time. 24-7. Day in day out. Without end. Over and over. The same people. All the time. The same talking points. O'Reilly.24-7. Day in day out. Without end. Over and over. The same people. All the time. Hannity. 24-7. Day in day out. Without end. Over and over. The same people. All the time. Hume. Spin24-7. Day in day out. Without end. Over and over. The same people. All the time. spin 24-7. Day in day out. Without end. Over and over. 24-7. Day in day out. Without end. Over and over. The same people. All the time. The same people. All the time. spin.

We have always been at war with Eastasia...

Now I feel better. :mrgreen:

What's the matter? CNN ain't liberal enough for ya? You must be a radical then, cuz CNN is the most left wing network that cable news has to offer.

shuamort said:

CNN admitted that there was an "X" over Cheney. Except they said it was a "glitch", but I know it wasn't. I've studied Mass Media, Journalism, and TV Production for three years; and a "glitch" like that doesn't happen. Especially with a big media company like CNN. And if there are "glitches" in the media, it's only when they accidentally switch to a commercial too soon. That "X" on Cheney was intentional. And the liberals would be all over Fox if they did it to Hilldabeast Clinton, so this isn't a one sided deal.

Donkey1499 said:
CNN admitted that there was an "X" over Cheney. Except they said it was a "glitch", but I know it wasn't. I've studied Mass Media, Journalism, and TV Production for three years; and a "glitch" like that doesn't happen. Especially with a big media company like CNN. And if there are "glitches" in the media, it's only when they accidentally switch to a commercial too soon. That "X" on Cheney was intentional. And the liberals would be all over Fox if they did it to Hilldabeast Clinton, so this isn't a one sided deal.
So, given that claim, what Fox News did here wasn't a "glitch", it was purposeful, right?

I guess I must be in the vast minority considering I watch both CNN and FOX news and I find nothing wrong with their news reporting.

It's the pundits and op-ed journalists who contribute to the bias. It seems many people don't understand this simple concept.

I'd like to see more than just one link on this subject. If it was done on purpose it is the beginning of something very onimous. Vance Packard warned about this kind of thing in his book "The Hidden Persuaders". That was 50 years ago and we still need to learn the lesson. He showed that by using this very technique you can be lead to believe just about anything and if one in not aware of what is going on they can become totally brainwashed.

Parkard's book is a good read and a necessary one in todays world

You guys are hilarious. What possible purpose would have been served by intentionally placing an X over Cheney? Do you think that CNN thought that an X would win new converts to their agenda (whatever that is)? Do you think that CNN thought that they could place an X over Cheney on national television and not be called on it?

This is ridiculous, of course it was a computer bug. Either that or some cameraguy playing a joke. But evidence of bias? No.

Kandahar said:
You guys are hilarious. What possible purpose would have been served by intentionally placing an X over Cheney? Do you think that CNN thought that an X would win new converts to their agenda (whatever that is)? Do you think that CNN thought that they could place an X over Cheney on national television and not be called on it?

This is ridiculous, of course it was a computer bug. Either that or some cameraguy playing a joke. But evidence of bias? No.

Placing an "X" on Cheney is an insult, and it backs up CNN's leftist view by reminding people how much they hate the Bush administration. CNN is losing viewers. So by "reminding" people that Cheney is a "BAD MAN" (even tho he isn't) by placing an "X" on him, that might win back some viewers.

Back
Top Bottom