• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

CNN: Obama rejects Rev. Fred Phelps plans to build Church near Ground Zero ...

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
President Obama rejected the offer of Fred Phelps to build a Westboro Outreach Center near the Ground Zero mosque:

CNN.com - Breaking News, U.S., World, Weather, Entertainment & Video News

The President stated that "Mr. Phelps represents racism and hate and we cant have that in lower Manhattan."

In other news 7 homosexuals stand ready for beheading in Saudi Arabia under Sharia Law ... the White House, Mr. Gibbs has stated, has no comment.

Yes muslims in the middle east want to behead people for sexual deviancy so all muslims world wide want to behead people for sexual deviancy. And muslims in the middle east do not behead people for any other offenses except for homosexuality and all other major religions all over the world just love homosexuality. Is that your point?

Last edited:
Why not allow them to build a Westboro Outreach Center?
Fred Phelps has the right ... freedom of religion, correct?
If the Muslims can build a Victory Mosque why not Phelps?
And another question: Will liberals come out and protest
ON BEHALF of the Westboro Outreach Center, like they
did for the Victory Mosque?
If not, why not?

Oh I see. Only Liberals can both provide and take away
"tolerance", not conservatives, even sick ****s like the Westboro
Gropu.

I see. Only Liberals determine WHO has the right to freedom of
religion (Islamic swine) and who doesnt (Baptists).

I see. Only Liberals determine WHO protests in favor of freedom
(Islamic filfth) and who does not (everyone else).

I get it.

ONLY what the racist, bigoted, anti-Semitic, pro-Islamic 'tard Obama thinks ... counts.

I get it.

Last edited:
OP, I know geography may not be your strong point, but Saudi Arabia is not in Manhattan.

If these people ran a country, how do you think gays would be treated?

fred-phelps-1.jpg

FYI your link only goes to the CNN main page.

President Obama rejected the offer of Fred Phelps to build a Westboro Outreach Center near the Ground Zero mosque:

CNN.com - Breaking News, U.S., World, Weather, Entertainment & Video News

The President stated that "Mr. Phelps represents racism and hate and we cant have that in lower Manhattan."

In other news 7 homosexuals stand ready for beheading in Saudi Arabia under Sharia Law ... the White House, Mr. Gibbs has stated, has no comment.

You know, the bible says some crazy stuff that Christians don't follow. Just because some people believe in strongly enforcing Sharia laws (in another country none the less) does not mean every Muslim wishes to behead homosexuals or kill people who commit adultery.

On the other hand Westboro church is extremely offensive in their "preaching" tactics. I wouldn't want a White Supremacist Church in the middle of Manhattan either.

And it is obvious Westboro Church is only doing this to:
A. Try to intimidate
B. Try to humiliate
C. Try to sue the **** out of anyone who tries to stop them... as they have always done and will always do.

I doubt there's little one could do to stop them, but their statements are much more offensive and hate driven than anything I've heard the Imam from the Park 51 Center ever say.

Last edited:
Sorry - I can't find the link as provided in the OP. Anyone have a valid link for this?

Can't find anything.
Me either - which causes me to believe the OP is 100% troll post with no substance in fact.

<shuts off BS radar alarm>

Moving on....

If this is a true story, then every person that has defended their right to protest at military funerals shouldnt have **** to say against them building right next to the downtown mosque.

Why not allow them to build a Westboro Outreach Center?
Fred Phelps has the right ... freedom of religion, correct?
If the Muslims can build a Victory Mosque why not Phelps?

What evidence is there that this is a victory mosque? What they were going to name it after? A former mosque that is now catholic church in Spain? Yeah that sure is a monument to victory, naming it after a building that muslims ****en lost centuries ago.

And another question: Will liberals come out and protest
ON BEHALF of the Westboro Outreach Center, like they
did for the Victory Mosque?
If not, why not?

Gropu.

I am no liberal. I just think it is ****ing idiotic to blame 9-11 on entire religion and group of people. Nobody says look all catholics are pedophiles so lets ban catholics from building their churches near elementary schools, Chuck E. Cheeses, Day cares and other facilities that cater to prepubescent children. No body goes oh look Little Timmy that man over there is a catholic you better get inside the house before he starts checking you out. Nobody says since the catholic priests who molested some kids were all homosexuals with a sexual attraction to little boys that we should put a fence around San Francisco so that little boys do not accidentally step inside there.

Last edited:
I don't support the Westboro Baptist Church, but I would certainly support their right to build a church, even if it were next to ground zero or Stonewall, or wherever. I don't understand why this is even an issue. This is a country where you are free to worship whatever religion you wish.

Last edited:
I don't support the Westboro Baptist Church, but I would certainly support their right to build a church, even if it were next to ground zero. I don't understand why this is even an issue. This is a country where you are free to worship whatever religion you wish.

Its a distraction. While the media distracts people with this non-story, real stuff is actually happening that the media does not want to report.

Its a distraction. While the media distracts people with this non-story, real stuff is actually happening that the media does not want to report.

They don't need to destract people. **** happens every day that they don't report on that they probably should report on. Journalism is dead. Accountability is dead.

Who's distracting? there is no story what so ever, the OP linked to the CNN homepage, and you linked to two non related events and a hypothetical.

I don't support the Westboro Baptist Church, but I would certainly support their right to build a church, even if it were next to ground zero or Stonewall, or wherever. I don't understand why this is even an issue. This is a country where you are free to worship whatever religion you wish.

It's not an issue. But in an election year, such things pop up. controvesy sells, and and as long as it does, we'll see this type of nonsense.

What evidence is there that this is a victory mosque?

It is and heres why...

If Muslims are not allowed to build it, the "bad" muslims will use it to recruit fence sitters by saying the GWOT really is against all Islam, like they have been saying all along.

And if they are allowed to build it they will treat it like a victory monument.

Its a win win Muslim victory....Any way you slice it

It is and heres why...

If Muslims are not allowed to build it, the "bad" muslims will use it to recruit fence sitters by saying the GWOT really is against all Islam, like they have been saying all along.

Who gives a rat's ass? Since when do our rights depend on what they say or do?

Who's distracting? there is no story what so ever, the OP linked to the CNN homepage, and you linked to two non related events and a hypothetical.

I would say this mosque story pretty much ended when they threatened to build an Islamic gay bar next to it. All the rest is just spin offs. Heck, I think it would be funny if the WBC built a a church next to Stonewall. I wish they would do it because their constant presence in New York would almost assure that same sex marriage would become a reality in that state.

It is and heres why...

I am going to have to agree with Boo Radley and say who gives a rats ass what some terrorist and terrorists supporters think. Those scum considering it a victory does not make it a victory. If they were the ones building and funding it then yes it would be a victory mosque. that would be proof that it is was a victory mosque. But as far anyone knows no credible sources have said the Mosque is being built and funded by the Taliban, Hezbollah, Al Queada or some other terrorist group.

Given that the OP attributed a quote that doesn't exist to the President - and linked to nothingness, let's take this discussion out of the realm of reality and into hypothetically speaking:

The point being, those in favor of the Cordoba Mosque being built - being an issue of freedom of religion and an issue of Constitutionality and tolerance... would have zero room to object to (hypothetical part here) Westboro Church legally funding and building a Church 2 blocks from the WTC, where they can do or protest all their freak-o nonsense.

If not, why not?

Gropu.

Is this really a thread by a libertarian who's pissed that the government didn't come in and control people's lives?

Back
Top Bottom