• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

CNN: Obama rejects Rev. Fred Phelps plans to build Church near Ground Zero ...

President Obama rejected the offer of Fred Phelps to build a Westboro Outreach Center near the Ground Zero mosque:

CNN.com - Breaking News, U.S., World, Weather, Entertainment & Video News

The President stated that "Mr. Phelps represents racism and hate and we cant have that in lower Manhattan."

In other news 7 homosexuals stand ready for beheading in Saudi Arabia under Sharia Law ... the White House, Mr. Gibbs has stated, has no comment.

Can you say non sequitur?

Wow, that sure makes us Christians look good.

don't worry man, only Muslims get hit with that standard.. People know this Fred Phelps moron doesn't represent the whole Christian population. However, some crazy Muslim terrorist over in the Middle East according to some conservatives seem to represent what all American Muslims are about.

Why not allow them to build a Westboro Outreach Center?
Fred Phelps has the right ... freedom of religion, correct?
If the Muslims can build a Victory Mosque why not Phelps?
And another question: Will liberals come out and protest
ON BEHALF of the Westboro Outreach Center, like they
did for the Victory Mosque?
If not, why not?

Oh I see. Only Liberals can both provide and take away
"tolerance", not conservatives, even sick ****s like the Westboro
Gropu.

I see. Only Liberals determine WHO has the right to freedom of
religion (Islamic swine) and who doesnt (Baptists).

I see. Only Liberals determine WHO protests in favor of freedom
(Islamic filfth) and who does not (everyone else).

I get it.

ONLY what the racist, bigoted, anti-Semitic, pro-Islamic 'tard Obama thinks ... counts.

I get it.

i'm sorry, does fred phelps own property at ground zero? if he doesn't, then what is thread about?

Given that the OP attributed a quote that doesn't exist to the President - and linked to nothingness, let's take this discussion out of the realm of reality and into hypothetically speaking:

The point being, those in favor of the Cordoba Mosque being built - being an issue of freedom of religion and an issue of Constitutionality and tolerance... would have zero room to object to (hypothetical part here) Westboro Church legally funding and building a Church 2 blocks from the WTC, where they can do or protest all their freak-o nonsense.

Nor would I object. I find him vile. His acts more so. But he has the right if he has the poperty and the means.

It is and heres why...

If Muslims are not allowed to build it, the "bad" muslims will use it to recruit fence sitters by saying the GWOT really is against all Islam, like they have been saying all along.

And if they are allowed to build it they will treat it like a victory monument.

Its a win win Muslim victory....Any way you slice it

You just don't get it, do you?

Depriving anyone - Muslims, Westboro scum, Catholics, snake-handlers, ANYONE - of their CONSTITUTIONALLY GUARANTEED RIGHT to worship whomever they please, when and where they please, and in the manner which they please IS A VICTORY FOR THE PEOPLE THAT CREATED GROUND ZERO. If they can goad us into rescinding those rights to ANYONE, then they win. By allowing the mosque, or any other place of worship to be built, we deprive them of victory by staying true to our values of unfettered freedom of religion and speech.

Why not allow them to build a Westboro Outreach Center?
Fred Phelps has the right ... freedom of religion, correct?
If the Muslims can build a Victory Mosque why not Phelps?
And another question: Will liberals come out and protest
ON BEHALF of the Westboro Outreach Center, like they
did for the Victory Mosque?
If not, why not?

Oh I see. Only Liberals can both provide and take away
"tolerance", not conservatives, even sick ****s like the Westboro
Gropu.

I see. Only Liberals determine WHO has the right to freedom of
religion (Islamic swine) and who doesnt (Baptists).

I see. Only Liberals determine WHO protests in favor of freedom
(Islamic filfth) and who does not (everyone else).

I get it.

ONLY what the racist, bigoted, anti-Semitic, pro-Islamic 'tard Obama thinks ... counts.

I get it.

Gosh, and there was me thinking this would be a thread from the 'only gay in the forum' about combatting the wild homophobia of Christo-loons and Mohammo-loons alike. Instead we get a wild attack, not on Westboro "Thank God For Dead Soldiers", "Fags Die God Laughs" Baptist Church, but on liberals. GL, I think you outed yourself.

The funny thing about this all is, even if true, CNN isn't saying the can't build it, just that they won't help build it. And yet that fact is somehow loss on the OP as he tries to make it seem as CNN is saying they can't.

I would also reluctantly support a Westboro "church" center. They should have the right to build there even though they are a hate group. On a personal note, it will be entertaining to see the westboro center, the mosque, and the Muslim gay bar all on the same block:lol:

Oh my God that would be AWESOME. In fact I think we should get it done now. Anyone know the drinking in public laws in NYC? I want to be able to get drunk as I sit across the street and watch this comedy.

Oh my God that would be AWESOME. In fact I think we should get it done now. Anyone know the drinking in public laws in NYC? I want to be able to get drunk as I sit across the street and watch this comedy.

:cheers: I can imagine that it would bring in more tourists to NYC. I'm right there with ya :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom