• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

CNN "journalist of the year" busted! Fabricated DOZENS of political articles!

ModerationNow!

I identify as "non-Bidenary".
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Claas Relotius, an "award winning journalist" for Der Spiegel reporter, and several other news media outlets, is having his CNN "journalist of the year award" revoked! That's because he has been proven to be a biased, fraudulent journalist, who has been caught entirely fabricating articles, interviews etc, in the realm of political journalism. He's been doing it for a long time, and so far they've discovered at least 14 fabricated articles, with many, many more suspected from earlier. These articles were picked up and run in countless other media outlets, in many different countries.

Things like manufacturing interviews about "racist Trump supporters", entire racist towns with large signs that said "stay out Mexicans", a non existent interview with Colin Kaepernicks parents, etc etc etc. They haven't gone very far back in their investigation of his journalistic past, and this is just very recent stuff.

You'll notice the theme remains constant and unwavering. As always, the hardcore, obvious bias is a one-way street! It's ALWAYS benefiting 1 side of the political spectrum and 1 political party, just as it it's always designed to be detrimental to 'that other political party', the republicans, and their ideological side of the spectrum.

http://archive.is/FSyZp
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-46624297

Last edited:
Claas Relotius, an "award winning journalist" for Der Spiegel reporter, and several other news media outlets, is having his CNN "journalist of the year award" revoked! That's because he has been proven to be a biased, fraudulent journalist, who has been caught entirely fabricating articles, interviews etc, in the realm of political journalism. He's been doing it for a long time, and so far they've discovered at least 14 fabricated articles, with many, many more suspected from earlier. These articles were picked up and run in countless other media outlets, in many different countries.

Things like manufacturing interviews about "racist Trump supporters", entire racist towns with large signs that said "stay out Mexicans", a non existent interview with Colin Kaepernicks parents, etc etc etc. They haven't gone very far back in their investigation of his journalistic past, and this is just very recent stuff.

You'll notice the theme remains constant and unwavering. As always, the hardcore, obvious bias is a one-way street! It's ALWAYS benefiting 1 side of the political spectrum and 1 political party, just as it it's always designed to be detrimental to 'that other political party', the republicans, and their ideological side of the spectrum.

http://archive.is/FSyZp
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-46624297

I know righties want soooo much to blame CNN but ya know. There's these pesky little things called facts that blow up your whole worldview:
In a statement to the Associated Press, CNN International said the independent panel of judges who awarded Relotius the awards decided unanimously to remove them following revelations about his fraud.

Meanwhile Fox News still has not apologized to Seth Rich's family, George Soros or Hillary Clinton.

I know righties want soooo much to blame CNN but ya know. There's these pesky little things called facts that blow up your whole worldview:

Meanwhile Fox News still has not apologized to Seth Rich's family, George Soros or Hillary Clinton.

Well that (bolded above) whataboutism didn't take long. Those pesky facts were precisely what caused the revocation.

Well that (bolded above) whataboutism didn't take long. Those pesky facts were precisely what caused the revocation.

I'd like to see Hannity get revoked. Seems like it's already happening w/Tucker. Won't be long.

I'm thinking Hillary needs to apologize to the Rich family and I don't think ANYONE has anything to apologize to Soros or Hillary about.

I'm thinking Hillary needs to apologize to the Rich family and I don't think ANYONE has anything to apologize to Soros or Hillary about.

So I guess CNN won't be getting an apology from you since you apparently think this guy worked there?

I'd like to see Hannity get revoked. Seems like it's already happening w/Tucker. Won't be long.

Another example of those from the political left failing in the marketplace of ideas and resorting to more fascist methods to squash political views other than their own.

You guys proud?
You shouldn't be, full stop.
We've seen this sort of suppression and punishment of other political opinions and positions before in most other totalitarian regimes throughout history.
This is what you are proud of? Really?

Your second attempt at diversion has as much credibility as your first.

Fact is CNN reporter has been making up Trump bad stories for years.

So I guess CNN won't be getting an apology from you since you apparently think this guy worked there?

???

Where in my post do you see me saying I think that guy works anywhere?

Fact is CNN reporter has been making up Trump bad stories for years.

I think there's at least two lies in this sentence.

1. The guy didn't work for CNN.
2. He made up one Trump story.

Another example of those from the political left failing in the marketplace of ideas and resorting to more fascist methods to squash political views other than their own.

You guys proud?
You shouldn't be, full stop.
We've seen this sort of suppression and punishment of other political opinions and positions before in most other totalitarian regimes throughout history.
This is what you are proud of? Really?

I don't see anyone defending this guy...

???

Where in my post do you see me saying I think that guy works anywhere?

His psychic ability seems to have been just a bit off - see post #11. It appears that the double quote between CNN and journalist was ignored when reading the headline (alone?). Why read the book when assuming that the title tells the whole story? ;)

I don't see anyone defending this guy...

So what exactly are you doing? As soon as the Op was posted, you jumped in and attempted to deflect any accountability whatsoever of a dishonest journalist because it hurts the credibility of your scorched Earth campaign against Trump.

Honestly, you're the epitome of what's wrong with partisan politics in our country.

I bet you think the "journalist" of the year worked at CNN right? This thread is sooo misleading it's hilarious. :lamo
You know the optics aren't good on this. Don't you think CNN should have bothered vetting him and his accomplishments before rewarding him?

FAKE NEWS STORY...sent from Donald J. Trump's Twitter box ( witch hunt )

I think you may want to double-check what a whattaboutism says.

Hint: it is NOT when you say "you are wrong in your main argument because X,Y,Z, oh and by the way, you should actually have made that argument about A,B,C, because then it'd have been a correct argument."

A whattaboutism deflects and only deflects.

His point was simple: as in most cases where someone on DP's right starts a thread attacking "leftist media" or whatever, it turns out that they only end up demonstrating that the media they're trying to criticize actually does go to the effort of catching and admitting errors, then trying to make amends. It's not a whattaboutism to add the extra point that the same is not true of most of the right wing media being held up as superior to the allegedly "leftist" media.

:shrug:

Last edited:

Hint: it is NOT when you say "you are wrong in your main argument because X,Y,Z, oh and by the way, you should actually have made that argument about A,B,C, because then it'd have been a correct argument."

His point was simple: as in most cases where someone on DP's right starts a thread attacking "leftist media" or whatever, it turns out that they only end up demonstrating that the media they're trying to criticize actually does go to the effort of catching and admitting errors, then trying to make amends. It's not a whattaboutism to add the extra point that the same is not true of most of the right wing media being held up as superior to the allegedly "leftist" media.

It appears that Sean Hannity has suffered the same (or at least a similar) fate.

https://www.salon.com/2017/07/21/se...-after-his-media-excellence-award-is-revoked/

My point was that this thread is not about Fox News or even MSNBC - it was about a single individual and their problem.

You know the optics aren't good on this. Don't you think CNN should have bothered vetting him and his accomplishments before rewarding him?

I would think that would be on the company that he worked for not CNN. No one knew the stories were fake until now.

It appears that Sean Hannity has suffered the same (or at least a similar) fate.

https://www.salon.com/2017/07/21/se...-after-his-media-excellence-award-is-revoked/

My point was that this thread is not about Fox News or even MSNBC - it was about a single individual and their problem.

You bolded:

and said:

To which I responded:

I'm not sure what I missed. You didn't say anything about other media screwing up, and instead bold-quoted the portion of his post talking about Fox News, calling it a whattaboutism.

Yes, "facts" are why the story was retracted and this journalist non-grata. But that's the point. Decent news does that. They flush the turds. It's not a whattaboutism to say "yeah but the people you say suck flushed their turds, while the others on the other ideological side generally don't".

Anti-whattaboutism isn't about prohibiting all comparisons. It's about whether something is used as a naked deflection, or is whether it's tacked on after making a point is "if that's a problem, shouldn't this be"? Perhaps we need some academics to weigh in on the philosophy of whattaboutisms, but I don't think his phrase was one of them.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom