• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

CNN: In four days, three viral videos showed us there's always more to the story.

CitizenBasehead

sock puppet
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
https://whnt.com/2019/01/22/in-four-days-three-viral-videos-showed-us-theres-always-more-to-the-story/

"A series of viral videos over the past few days proved that there's always more than one side to every story. But whether they give us the full picture is another question."

The fact that this had to be written in a news article deeply disturbs me.

"Two videos, but still no clear picture

The teens said they were gathering at the steps so they could board their buses back to Kentucky. As the men's taunts continued, the students decided to respond "to counter the hateful things that were being shouted at our group," Sandmann said. Phillips enters the scene amid the growing clamor with an entourage of drummers. He told CNN he was trying to defuse the situation, and that the student's energy felt like hate. But Sandmann said he felt intimidated by Phillips. And he smiled because he wanted Phillips to know "that I was not going to become angry, intimidated or be provoked into a larger confrontation."

To some, the new footage showed that the Hebrew Israelites were the ones who started it, implying they bore responsibility for what followed, along with Phillips for insinuating himself in the situation.

"I don't know where y'all get these high school kids were in the wrong. They were where they were supposed to be while waiting for their bus. The video shows the black group started harassing them. Particularly the black high school kids in their group. Then the [Native American] group started harassing them. Everyone is blaming the kids. Saying they asked for it because they wore hats in support the President. That's insane!" a commenter said on CNN's Facebook page."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CNN must really be worried about getting sued.

One thing to note is that CNN uses Sandmann's account of the event as a source of information for the article, which means his account if fairly accurate .

https://local12.com/news/local/covington-catholic-students-react-to-incident-involving-native-americans-in-dc
Sandmann's written statement.

I was going to post this video in a op a few days ago but missed the chance.

Chief Wild Turkey and his lies.

Last edited:
I couldn't add this to the op.

"To many, however, the damage was already done to the students’ reputations. Actress Patricia Heaton spoke for many when she called on the media to apologize for writing off the the first video on its own, even though such apologies would not be sufficient to address what she described as irrevocable damage to the young men.

“These young people will forever have these smears follow them through their life every time they proffer their resume with the word ‘Covington’ on it. It will also affect anyone who ever has or ever will attend that school. The damage is incalculable,” she said on Twitter."

About all I saw on that video was a teen standing and grinning wile an old Native American beat a drum in his face. I still don't understand what all the fuss was about, or why the teen was doing something wrong.

Media justice. Throw out the race card and create a lot of hype. The new law of the land. Get used to it.

About all I saw on that video was a teen standing and grinning wile an old Native American beat a drum in his face. I still don't understand what all the fuss was about, or why the teen was doing something wrong.

Are you talking about the video that went viral? If so and that's the only thing you've looked into, then you're one of the smart ones. I'll give you an accurate TL;DR Fake News and people are most likely getting sued.

More from the article that would of been against the TOS to put in the OP.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did MAGA hats trigger a reaction?

The MAGA gear revealed more than anyone’s behavior in the video, journalist Issac Bailey wrote. “The MAGA hat, like the Confederate flag, wouldn’t elicit outraged reactions if it were only a piece of cloth that harkened back to bygone days never to be relived. But it isn’t. It is a signifier for those who believe America was great during some point in the past they dare not name, knowing if they do, it would reveal a time when it was worse for people of color.”

Such arguments were reflected in pithy Twitter statements, such as one from actress Alyssa Milano, suggesting that the MAGA hat has become “the new white hood,” or a symbol of racism like the white hoods of the Ku Klux Klan — which naturally led some to wonder if the students’ behavior might have been viewed in a different light were they not wearing MAGA gear.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These people consume so much propaganda, they can't even look at MAGA hat without it sending them into a blind rage and falsely accusing the owners of the hats of being Nazis.

We can see this take place in the numerous other threads about the subject. No matter how much evidence is provided these kids are till viewed as racist asshole because they're wearing MAGA hats, sad.

If you review my posts, you'll see I'm not exactly what would be categorized as a Trump supporter, but I really don't see where wearing a MAGA hat at a rally or anywhere else should qualify as provocation to anything.

The hat reminds liberals and democrats that they lost the election and lost it to a guy they hate and openly ridiculed as totally unable to ever win the election. They were humiliated and they cannot stand that. Also their darling Hillary was defeated and its obvious she did some questionable things. They hate, clearly they just hate.

If you review my posts, you'll see I'm not exactly what would be categorized as a Trump supporter

Silly things like political differences are not big deal, unless you're rabid libtard. Sad.

but I really don't see where wearing a MAGA hat at a rally or anywhere else should qualify as provocation to anything.

Really? Just look at how many threads have "Trump" in the title. These people are being emotionally abused via lefty propaganda. It really is sad.

The hat reminds liberals and democrats that they lost the election and lost it to a guy they hate and openly ridiculed as totally unable to ever win the election. They were humiliated and they cannot stand that. Also their darling Hillary was defeated and its obvious she did some questionable things. They hate, clearly they just hate.

That is a big part of it and the persuasion techniques they use to make their propaganda more compelling.

Silly things like political differences are not big deal, unless you're rabid libtard. Sad.

Really? Just look at how many threads have "Trump" in the title. These people are being emotionally abused via lefty propaganda. It really is sad.

You seem to think that Trump is on the right, his opponents on the left. I think that requires a huge redefinition of the terms.

Back
Top Bottom