• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

CNN hypocrisy and biased over the Wisconsin shooting accident

How you describe the Wisconsin shooting accident?

• Justified shooting

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Human error

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

stan1990

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I won't play into the conservative story about the shooting of Jacob Blake in Kenosha, Wisconsin, a small city by the lake of Michigan. They claimed that Jacob Blake, in a stable condition at the ICU, was known by the local law enforcement as domestic violence, a woman abuser and a violent criminal. They never produce one document to prove their claims. I won't believe it. However, I will accept what I saw in the video. A man resisting arrest made a run to his car with the possibility to pull a gun or weapon. He had all the reasons in the world to avoid that. He had his three kids in the car.

Now this will lead us to how the media like CNN handle the incident. Jacob Blake was walking to his car. He entered the car, then the police officer shot him seven times in the back. CNN ignored the facts that the video revealed, Jacob Blake wasn't cooperating with police officers, and he walked to his car against their orders.

I won't make false claims that police officers are angels. They are humans subjected to make mistakes. Meanwhile, some police officers are looking for a reason to shoot. They carry loaded weapons. When they find the slightest reasons to shoot, they will do it. I know that some police officers are ignorant of limited training and education. I notice many incidents of mentally challenged becoming victims as they interact with police on different occasions. But when you are a mentally healthy citizen, listen to the instructions of the police even if it was silly or stupid, and don't lose your life over what, nothing.

America is experiencing a dangerous trend, glorifying criminals, and wrongdoing in not popular media but in mainstream media. I will be curious to know what CNN will report if Jacob Blake shot one of the police, and one officer died or seriously injured. What they will tell his family and loved ones. CNN describes the criminal involved in a five years old boy killed execution-style in Wilson, North Carolina as a suspect. Darius Sessoms shot the boy in front of his family house in broad daylight, and he was called a suspect. Now, this is media hypocrisy.

End

I won't play into the conservative story about the shooting of Jacob Blake in Kenosha, Wisconsin, a small city by the lake of Michigan. They claimed that Jacob Blake, in a stable condition at the ICU, was known by the local law enforcement as domestic violence, a woman abuser and a violent criminal. They never produce one document to prove their claims. I won't believe it. However, I will accept what I saw in the video. A man resisting arrest made a run to his car with the possibility to pull a gun or weapon. He had all the reasons in the world to avoid that. He had his three kids in the car.

Now this will lead us to how the media like CNN handle the incident. Jacob Blake was walking to his car. He entered the car, then the police officer shot him seven times in the back. CNN ignored the facts that the video revealed, Jacob Blake wasn't cooperating with police officers, and he walked to his car against their orders.

I won't make false claims that police officers are angels. They are humans subjected to make mistakes. Meanwhile, some police officers are looking for a reason to shoot. They carry loaded weapons. When they find the slightest reasons to shoot, they will do it. I know that some police officers are ignorant of limited training and education. I notice many incidents of mentally challenged becoming victims as they interact with police on different occasions. But when you are a mentally healthy citizen, listen to the instructions of the police even if it was silly or stupid, and don't lose your life over what, nothing.

America is experiencing a dangerous trend, glorifying criminals, and wrongdoing in not popular media but in mainstream media. I will be curious to know what CNN will report if Jacob Blake shot one of the police, and one officer died or seriously injured. What they will tell his family and loved ones. CNN describes the criminal involved in a five years old boy killed execution-style in Wilson, North Carolina as a suspect. Darius Sessoms shot the boy in front of his family house in broad daylight, and he was called a suspect. Now, this is media hypocrisy.

End

I think its best to wait for an investigation before forming an opinion, or worse, rioting.

I won't play into the conservative story about the shooting of Jacob Blake in Kenosha, Wisconsin, a small city by the lake of Michigan. They claimed that Jacob Blake, in a stable condition at the ICU, was known by the local law enforcement as domestic violence, a woman abuser and a violent criminal.
That's not a "conservative story" it's been reported by most major news organizations.

Jacob Blake, shot by police officer in Kenosha, part of Evanston family long associated with community activism - Chicago Tribune

Protests in Kenosha, Wisconsin over police shooting of Jacob Blake turn violent for second night in row - CBS News

They never produce one document to prove their claims. I won't believe it.
Took me literally 15 seconds to find online:
Wisconsin Circuit Court Access

Last edited:
America is experiencing a dangerous trend, glorifying criminals, and wrongdoing in not popular media but in mainstream media. I will be curious to know what CNN will report if Jacob Blake shot one of the police, and one officer died or seriously injured.

1. Oh, yes, some people are even justifying looting. Their excuses: (a) Insurance will help those looted stores, (b) It's a form of reparations, (c) Things can be replaced. What's the big deal?

2. CNN could not care less about the welfare of cops -- unless CNN has to call the cops for help. (That's why a lot of people -- including me -- have not watched CNN for the last four years.)

3. Many young gentlemen think that they can blithely ignore a cop's order to STOP! To the best of my knowledge, all those young gentlemen speak English. Does the law prohibit a cop from shooting a fleeing suspect? If so, then the cops broke the law. If not, then the cops acted within the law. Gosh! Isn't it time that those young gentlemen stop being so defiant?

Last edited:
I think its best to wait for an investigation before forming an opinion, or worse, rioting.

Blake was shot in the back. Had no weapon either on him or in his car. Lethal force is only to be used by Police Officers under a direct threat to their safety. What....did they think Blake's back was actually a hidden door with a howitzer behind it?

I have seen this sort of behavior from burly cops before...all muscled up from their trips to the gym and just letting a guy 150 lbs soaking wet walk right past and beyond them because "Oh NOOOO....we might have to touch him". They at one point had Blake surrounded and just opened the gate and let him walk right past only to shoot him in the back seconds later.

Back
Top Bottom