• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

CNN host Rick Sanchez fired after Jon Stewart rant

j-mac

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
CNN anchor Rick Sanchez was fired Friday by the news network after he went on a tirade during a radio interview calling Jon Stewart a “bigot” and accusing the "elite, Northeast establishment liberals” of labeling him as “second-tier” because of his Cuban-American background, according to the Hollywood Reporter.

“Rick Sanchez is no longer with the company," the statement from CNN said. "We thank Rick for his years of service and we wish him well," it added.

CNN host Rick Sanchez fired after Jon Stewart rant - NYPOST.com

Doesn't this boob know that the only place to rant like he does is on MSNBC? I mean I wonder if they will cast him in Olberman's place when Olberman refuses to leave the bathtub? hahahahahaha!

j-mac

Doesn't this boob know that the only place to rant like he does is on MSNBC? I mean I wonder if they will cast him in Olberman's place when Olberman refuses to leave the bathtub? hahahahahaha!

j-mac

Sanchez was a guy who would talk all day, yap yap yap, and not say anything.

Sanchez was a guy who would talk all day, yap yap yap, and not say anything.

No doubt, not too different from the likes of Olberman, Maddow, Hannity, or Limbaugh.

j-mac

Cool. Now I have some reason to watch again. His twitter mania, along with the rest of the station's fascination with new media was partly why I turned away from that station.

I like John Stewart and watch it daily (heh) he is funny and entertaining. But the constant Jewish stuff gets old. Kinda tired of it. I don't really care what religion or race yah are John. Shuddup about it already. My interest in your show is actually deteriorating because of this. Get more diverse comedy writers will yah?

With that said, don't really care for Rick at all. I think he is worthless. This decision doesn't affect me in the slightest. But it does show that Rick watches Stewart's show. lol

i'm pleasantly suprised some of you DO know mr sanchez

as a public school teacher who enjoys 4 months paid vacation a year i'm able to watch a lot more daytime chat than most

i know mr sanchez very well---he reminds me much of msnbc's dylan ratigan, both of them are the type of hosts whose questions are often 3 minutes long and stuffed full of self stroking narcissism

they strike me (pardon me, please) as extremely feminine

the point---i wonder if sanchez would have been so summarily dispatched if he weren't so tediously dull and boring (it might appear ironic to our younger members that hysteria should engender ennui as a response)

if more than a couple dp members and me were actually watching sanchez salivate would he have been so swiftly axed?

i guess we'll never know

Doesn't this boob know that the only place to rant like he does is on MSNBC?

Or Fox, they lo-ooove a good racists rant. Remember Newtie??:shock::shock:

I mean I wonder if they will cast him in Olberman's place when Olberman refuses to leave the bathtub? hahahahahaha!

Or he could just co-host with king race-baiter, Beckstein.:2wave:

His firing probably had more to do with what he said about the owners of CNN than it did about Stewart himself.

I always thought he was a dick and I'm glad he's gone.

Far-left and far-right are a waste of space.

His firing probably had more to do with what he said about the owners of CNN than it did about Stewart himself.

Yeah, he said the truth about who runs CNN. I mean honestly, the former President of CNN who just left like two weeks ago was Jewish and looking at the board of directors there seem to be a few others who are Jewish. Sanchez got fired because he pissed off some of his Jewish bosses.

I agree since a fued between two hosts brings in good ratings.

They been wanting to get rid of him for a while now so he gave em a great reason. Take Care Ricky. See ya On Faux sometime. Maybe:roll:

I have never watched this guy onTv because it was many years ago that i stopped watching the Clinton News Network but in the last two days I have heard him spew his own bigotry and ignorance and I have to think the only reason he was on TV in the first place was because he was Hispanic, it surely wasn't because he was very intelligent, or talented.

I would hire him to work the PA system at a bus station.

Far-left ... are a waste of space.

ROTFLOL... you H-nut... actually wrote the above???
Or has someone commandeered your confuser?

Raise your hand if you'll miss Sanchez.

None seen.

Regards from Rosie

ROTFLOL... you H-nut... actually wrote the above???
Or has someone commandeered your confuser?

Moderator's Warning:
Stop the personal attacks.

I'm glad he is gone!

Moderator's Warning:
Stop the personal attacks.

You should have told Sanchez that before he got on air.

:)

Actually never heard of the guy before his headlining Drudge.
Unanimous opinion seems to be he was lame; and consensus is hard to find here.

Note this date in the DP histoire books.

They been wanting to get rid of him for a while now so he gave em a great reason. Take Care Ricky. See ya On Faux sometime. Maybe:roll:

He didn't give them a great reason. It was an exaggeration to say "everybody" who runs CNN is Jewish (I think that was what he was saying) but there appear to be many Jews on the board. Of course, I don't know about lower-level positions like producers and managers. I do not doubt that there are a lot of Jews at those lower-level positions as well.

So really he got fired for no good reason. If someone in the news is not allowed to say something factual about society then it is not really news, but propaganda.

I like that for some reason I keep seeing liberal commentators talk about how maybe Fox News will like them. Aside from the liberal bias, would you think that a station consistently accused of being too Zionist by some folks would want a guy like Sanchez spewing anti-Jewish rhetoric?

I like that for some reason I keep seeing liberal commentators talk about how maybe Fox News will like them. Aside from the liberal bias, would you think that a station consistently accused of being too Zionist by some folks would want a guy like Sanchez spewing anti-Jewish rhetoric?

He was not spewing "anti-Jewish" rhetoric. He made a legitimate point in a lot of ways. Rick Sanchez was the only Hispanic anchor on any of the cable news shows from what I can tell, while on CNN you have many Jewish anchors. It is disproportionate representation no matter how you look at it. Even in the context of New York City it is disproportionate as there are more Hispanics than Jews in every single borough of New York City.

He said something stupid that some could find racist and he is paying the price for it. I am not gonna cry over his dumb ass being fired.

He didn't give them a great reason. It was an exaggeration to say "everybody" who runs CNN is Jewish (I think that was what he was saying) but there appear to be many Jews on the board. Of course, I don't know about lower-level positions like producers and managers. I do not doubt that there are a lot of Jews at those lower-level positions as well.

So really he got fired for no good reason. If someone in the news is not allowed to say something factual about society then it is not really news, but propaganda.

No doubt there are a lot of Christians, Jews, Muslims, atheists, whites, blacks, Hispanics, men, woman, etc working at any news network... why then does he single out Jewish people in his rant?

Please supply a link for this: "there appear to be many Jews on the board".

Back
Top Bottom