• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

CNN Host, Reporter Agree Impeaching Trump Over Sex is Dem Hypocrisy with Icky Witnesses

Doc91478

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
CNN Host, Reporter Agree Impeaching Trump Over Sex is Dem Hypocrisy with Icky Witnesses

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/n...agree-impeaching-trump-over-sex-dem-hypocrisy
By P.J. Gladnick
Michael Isikoff, Chief Investigative Correpondent for Yahoo News, is unable to find any real proof of Trump-Russia collusion based on the latest court filings by Special Counsel Robert Mueller when he appeared on CNN's December 8 Smerconish show, hosted by Michael Smerconish… But first, Isikoff agreed with Smerconish on the appearance of Democratic hypocrisy on impeaching over sex. Rep. Jerrold Nadler "eloquently" argued Clinton shouldn't be impeached for lying to conceal an affair with an intern. So how is Nadler going to impeach using sketchy witnesses like Stormy Daniels and Michael Avenatti?....And since we learned from loud proclamations of the Democrats that matters of sex is not an impeachable offense, what about the heart of the matter that Mueller is supposedly investigating, namely Trump-Russia collusion?
"Yes it is intriguing but it doesn't have the magic words "substantial assistance to the investigation" which is the language you use when you're flagging this guy, this cooperating witness gave us evidence we can use to prosecute somebody else".... Sniff! No magic words that can provide a lifeline to liberals desperate for impeachment.

~~~~~~
Strange.... Even Michael Isikoff finds NO definitive proof of collusion. So now the Democrats want to impeach Trump for basically the same thing for what the Justice Department dropped charges against John Edwards.
On the other hand, Democrats have found it justifiable to cover FDR, JFK, LBJ, EFK, Bill Clinton including John Edwards and Obama sexual affairs and proclivities. The idea that settling harassment claims violates campaign laws is laughable.
Then there's myriads of members of Congress and their staffs accused of sexual harassment allowed to hush up and pay off their accusers from a secret “shush” fund full of taxpayer dollars? Since 1995, it turns out. 235 complainants received compensation totaling $15.2 million between 1997 and 2014. That’s more than one settlement per month for 17 years and nearly $1 million per year. Democratic hypocrisy knows no bounds in the politics of America.... https://thehill.com/opinion...

The Dems will continue to do what they have been doing to trash this president with the help of the most willing MSM. But the people are seeing through it. They don't trust the media.

After the Kavanaugh hearings, people on both sides of the aisle except for the leftist fringe found it disgusting. If the Democrat party allows the far left to run it, their time as majority in the House will be over in 2 short years. If they go forth with impeachment of Trump on whatever they want to claim an impeachable offense there will be a price to pay for that too. Just ask the Republicans who impeached Clinton.

They're not going to impeach him over sex.

If they do impeach him it's going to be because of a quid pro quo with Russia. Damage Hillary/Democrats as much as possible (with our help) and when it's all over you'll get your Trump tower deal worth hundreds of millions of dollars. Trump ****ed it up by actually winning. If this is where Mueller's case is actually going (and I think it is) and it is proven, not only will the house impeach Trump, the senate will convict him.

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/n...agree-impeaching-trump-over-sex-dem-hypocrisy
By P.J. Gladnick
Michael Isikoff, Chief Investigative Correpondent for Yahoo News, is unable to find any real proof of Trump-Russia collusion based on the latest court filings by Special Counsel Robert Mueller when he appeared on CNN's December 8 Smerconish show, hosted by Michael Smerconish… But first, Isikoff agreed with Smerconish on the appearance of Democratic hypocrisy on impeaching over sex. Rep. Jerrold Nadler "eloquently" argued Clinton shouldn't be impeached for lying to conceal an affair with an intern. So how is Nadler going to impeach using sketchy witnesses like Stormy Daniels and Michael Avenatti?....And since we learned from loud proclamations of the Democrats that matters of sex is not an impeachable offense, what about the heart of the matter that Mueller is supposedly investigating, namely Trump-Russia collusion?
"Yes it is intriguing but it doesn't have the magic words "substantial assistance to the investigation" which is the language you use when you're flagging this guy, this cooperating witness gave us evidence we can use to prosecute somebody else".... Sniff! No magic words that can provide a lifeline to liberals desperate for impeachment.

~~~~~~
Strange.... Even Michael Isikoff finds NO definitive proof of collusion. So now the Democrats want to impeach Trump for basically the same thing for what the Justice Department dropped charges against John Edwards.
On the other hand, Democrats have found it justifiable to cover FDR, JFK, LBJ, EFK, Bill Clinton including John Edwards and Obama sexual affairs and proclivities. The idea that settling harassment claims violates campaign laws is laughable.
Then there's myriads of members of Congress and their staffs accused of sexual harassment allowed to hush up and pay off their accusers from a secret “shush” fund full of taxpayer dollars? Since 1995, it turns out. 235 complainants received compensation totaling $15.2 million between 1997 and 2014. That’s more than one settlement per month for 17 years and nearly $1 million per year. Democratic hypocrisy knows no bounds in the politics of America.... https://thehill.com/opinion...

Please show where any Dem articles of Impeachment for Trump over sex exist. Oh yeah, they DON'T. The hypocrisy though is that Republicans that YOU support impeached Clinton over lying about a blowjob so it seems YOU would be hypocritical NOT to call for impeachment if Trump was lying about sex.

my guess is that if he gets impeached for anything, it will be related to money laundering for Russian oligarchs or bribery schemes through Cohen. however, i doubt that former Republicans will vote to convict him no matter what he has done even with compelling evidence. he owns the party now.

my guess is that if he gets impeached for anything, it will be related to money laundering for Russian oligarchs or bribery schemes through Cohen. however, i doubt that former Republicans will vote to convict him no matter what he has done even with compelling evidence. he owns the party now.

At a minimum you can count on money laundering and bribery ...... I fully expect a laundry list of crimes Trump will be impeached for. And even then they will be discreet and probably only hit him with the strongest stuff so it does not look like piling on.

This has got to be the quickest, easiest hostile takeover of a party in at least 100 years.

To the OP - Mueller hasn't tried to indict Trump. If that's to come, it will be saved for last. Ask John Gotti.

If they do impeach him it's going to be because of a quid pro quo with Russia. Damage Hillary/Democrats as much as possible (with our help) and when it's all over you'll get your Trump tower deal worth hundreds of millions of dollars. Trump ****ed it up by actually winning. If this is where Mueller's case is actually going (and I think it is) and it is proven, not only will the house impeach Trump, the senate will convict him.
There's some truth in the bolded, especially for those of us that believe Trump's presidential run was (at least initially) a PR stunt.

This has got to be the quickest, easiest hostile takeover of a party in at least 100 years.

To the OP - Mueller hasn't tried to indict Trump. If that's to come, it will be saved for last. Ask John Gotti.
Ain't that the truth. They rolled-over like dogs!

it's disgusting. he successfully played to the worst aspects of human nature and built a political movement on that foundation. i hope that the Republican party is tainted by him and has to rebrand.

Ain't that the truth. They rolled-over like dogs!

They got trained to rollover when the social conservatives/religious right took over the party during the 80s.

They got trained to rollover when the social conservatives/religious right took over the party during the 80s.
Of the two, I'd probably place more blame on the latter (Religious Right). Conservatism, at least principled Conservatism, essentially manifests itself as policy. I'm fine with that. But once you start involving religiosity, especially fundamental Bible based religiosity with high mythological content, all bets are off. Religiosity can manifest itself as a whole host of aberrant & non-reality based behaviours & ideas, if not kept grounded and in reasonable check.

There's some truth in the bolded, especially for those of us that believe Trump's presidential run was (at least initially) a PR stunt.

Yep, many thought him running in the primaries was just a stunt to get some publicity for the News Network he wanted to start-up.

I live in NY, in real estate people do business with many shady, corrupt people, Russian and Italian mobs included. . That's just the way business is done in NYC, so I was SHOCKED when Trump threw his hat in the ring and risked some of he corrupt dealings being made public, AND risking what it might do to his family. But he's such an egomaniac he truly believes he can do anything and get away with it. Shoot someone on 5th Ave, etc......

it's disgusting. he successfully played to the worst aspects of human nature and built a political movement on that foundation. i hope that the Republican party is tainted by him and has to rebrand.

I've been saying from the outset of Trump's candidacy that he just tossed the dog whistles and grabbed a bullhorn. The ugly underbelly of the GOP is on top now. No going back; they NEED these nasty demographics they've cultivated.

Too true. The process started when Reagan and Goldwater and the western conservatives hijacked the Republican Party. I remember when there were liberal Republicans. Conservative Democrats, too. The names Rockefeller and Wallace come to mind. Since the radical extreme took control in the 80's, that you refer to, the quality of the politcians took a nosedive. People used to expect a higher level of conduct than they do now. The worry is that our kids don't know that this hyper-partisan gangrenous rot isn't normal.

Yep, many thought him running in the primaries was just a stunt to get some publicity for the News Network he wanted to start-up.

I live in NY, in real estate people do business with many shady, corrupt people, Russian and Italian mobs included. . That's just the way business is done in NYC, so I was SHOCKED when Trump threw his hat in the ring and risked some of he corrupt dealings being made public, AND risking what it might do to his family. But he's such an egomaniac he truly believes he can do anything and get away with it. Shoot someone on 5th Ave, etc......
In my city we've got some Russians. But we've got a ton of Italians. Predominately Sicilian, with a large number of Calabrese & Barese, along with some Napolitano, and even a hold-out Toscano neighborhood that's now unfortunately greatly diminished in (ethnic Italian) stature. I've got Calabrese blood myself on one side, along with Sicilian relatives intermarried. My city was totally mobbed-up until the mid-eighties, with strong outfit influences carrying into the mid-nineties.

This included (especially) city & county government, the unions & the building trades, trucking, and of course the old standbys of gambling & prostitution, along with plenty of general nondescript thievery & fraud thrown in for good measure. And not just Italians, but the Irish here had a big thing for crookedness too, along with some Poles & Jews that couldn't stand to be left-out of the fun either. So I'm reasonably versed in what it took to get major R.E. deals done around here in days now gone buy. And I imagined it was similar in Manhattan.

So when Trump threw his hat in the ring, I figured due to the shadiness of doing big-time real estate during the 60's/70's/80's, he'd be a savvy street-fighter. But I also figured he'd be crazy to invite the kind of scrutiny he was going to receive. When you've got a good thing, and you had to play fast & loose to get it, the best deal is usually to go quietly and obtrusively to the bank - keeping your head down low and smiling only to yourself.

But Trump couldn't do that. He broke the cardinal rule of being a family man; protect your family. In fact, not only did he not protect them, he exposed them to all kinds of legal and financial danger, including endangering his business organization. He had it all, but seems to have thrown it away. SDNY and other criminal and civil courts are going to be going after him, his family, and his org, for much of the next decade I believe; I can smell it!

Last edited:
The Dems will continue to do what they have been doing to trash this president with the help of the most willing MSM. But the people are seeing through it. They don't trust the media.

After the Kavanaugh hearings, people on both sides of the aisle except for the leftist fringe found it disgusting. If the Democrat party allows the far left to run it, their time as majority in the House will be over in 2 short years. If they go forth with impeachment of Trump on whatever they want to claim an impeachable offense there will be a price to pay for that too. Just ask the Republicans who impeached Clinton.

Thank goodness the republicans never resorted to such trash when President Obama was in office. I never once heard or read any republican demand that President Obama release his birth certificate. Nor did any of them call President Obama a muslim terrorist who colluded with Bin Laden to bring the 2 towers down on September 11. And of course the republicans were respectful to the first lady and their daughters. Unlike the dems who call Malaria a gold digger, Michelle Obama was respected by being called an ape, a gorilla, the whore of babylon for wearing a sleeveless dress. And the republicans never targeted the children unlike the viscious attacks Barren has received. There is nothing wrong when a republican wishes someone rape Obama's daughters and they die of AIDs. Yeah republicans were so much more respectable to President Obama compared to the nasty liberals and their constant attacks and trump and his family.

The republican controlled Senate WILL NEVER punish trump. For 2 years they have defended and supported every outrageous, immoral, unethical and allegedly criminal thing trump and his family have done. If they do try and punish him, trump will just squeal all the secret nasty stuff that he knows about all these men and women.

They are scared that trump might do a cohen and blab to the authorities - so they won't do anything to him.

The only people who can get rid of trump is Rupert Murdoch and Vladimir Putin.

The American voter has no say whatsoever.

Please show where any Dem articles of Impeachment for Trump over sex exist. Oh yeah, they DON'T. The hypocrisy though is that Republicans that YOU support impeached Clinton over lying about a blowjob so it seems YOU would be hypocritical NOT to call for impeachment if Trump was lying about sex.

~~~~~~
Obviously you didn't go to https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb...-dem-hypocrisy to view the CNN video where Michael Isikoff fully explains his reasoning. I'm surprised that you'd deny the facts and the statements coming also from Rep. Nadler. As I wrote previously how hypocritical can Democrats be when, "Democrats have found it justifiable to cover for FDR, JFK, LBJ, EFK, Bill Clinton including John Edwards and Obama sexual affairs and proclivities".

Seeing through it? They made is possible for Pelosi to become majority leader once again. That should tell us something.

The republican controlled Senate WILL NEVER punish trump. For 2 years they have defended and supported every outrageous, immoral, unethical and allegedly criminal thing trump and his family have done. If they do try and punish him, trump will just squeal all the secret nasty stuff that he knows about all these men and women.

They are scared that trump might do a cohen and blab to the authorities - so they won't do anything to him.

Punish the guilty, not the presumed guilty, or am I missing something when I read words like immoral and unethical?

~~~~~~
To make the above hypocritical claim while history plainly shows that Democrats have accepted and hidden their own sexual crimes seems incongruous. That is unless you claim that elitist Democrats are above the law while the rest must bow to them.

Screw them! Republicans only know hypocrisy. Dems need to be held to a standard? Screw that while republicans are petty a holes.

And its not about sex, its about using campaign funds to pay off people he had sex with to avoid a scandal. That's not just about sex, just like those would say Bill Clinton wasn't impeached based on sex but perjury.

And there is a hell of a lot more, like what a complete buffoon, embarrassment, asshole Trump is. His self dealings, his cmapaign money flowing to his company and essentially himself. His removing regulations that benefit him and his family, using presidency to enrich himself. and there is no way he wasn't involved in working with the Russians.

~~~~~~
Obviously you didn't go to https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb...-dem-hypocrisy to view the CNN video where Michael Isikoff fully explains his reasoning. I'm surprised that you'd deny the facts and the statements coming also from Rep. Nadler. As I wrote previously how hypocritical can Democrats be when, "Democrats have found it justifiable to cover for FDR, JFK, LBJ, EFK, Bill Clinton including John Edwards and Obama sexual affairs and proclivities".

A blog? So again you can’t show ACTUAL articles of impeachment against Trump for sex. Got it. You’ve been debunked again doc, the only thing you ever post is dishonest comments. :lamo

In my city we've got some Russians. But we've got a ton of Italians. Predominately Sicilian, with a large number of Calabrese & Barese, along with some Napolitano, and even a hold-out Toscano neighborhood that's now unfortunately greatly diminished in (ethnic Italian) stature. I've got Calabrese blood myself on one side, along with Sicilian relatives intermarried. My city was totally mobbed-up until the mid-eighties, with strong outfit influences carrying into the mid-nineties.

This included (especially) city & county government, the unions & the building trades, trucking, and of course the old standbys of gambling & prostitution, along with plenty of general nondescript thievery & fraud thrown in for good measure. And not just Italians, but the Irish here had a big thing for crookedness too, along with some Poles & Jews that couldn't stand to be left-out of the fun either. So I'm reasonably versed in what it took to get major R.E. deals done around here in days now gone buy. And I imagined it was similar in Manhattan.

So when Trump threw his hat in the ring, I figured due to the shadiness of doing big-time real estate during the 60's/70's/80's, he'd be a savvy street-fighter. But I also figured he'd be crazy to invite the kind of scrutiny he was going to receive. When you've got a good thing, and you had to play fast & loose to get it, the best deal is usually to go quietly and obtrusively to the bank - keeping your head down low and smiling only to yourself.

But Trump couldn't do that. He broke the cardinal rule of being a family man; protect your family. In fact, not only did he not protect them, he exposed them to all kinds of legal and financial danger, including endangering his business organization. He had it all, but seems to have thrown it away. SDNY and other criminal and civil courts are going to be going after him, his family, and his org, for much of the next decade I believe; I can smell it!

You must be in NJ.

:lamo

I get a kick out of county politics in my adopted state.

Back
Top Bottom