• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

CNN: GOP leads generic ballot by 38 points among independents

Harshaw

Filmmaker ● Lawyer ● Patriot
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
You read that correctly. By 38 points.

CNN Poll: GOP's midterm advantage is growing - CNN.com

Back in April, Americans who dislike both parties appeared to mildly favor the GOP on the generic ballot, by a 43-to-39 percent margin, with a large number saying at the time that they would pick a minor-party candidate or stay at home.

"Now, a lot of those voters appear to be bolting to the GOP," Holland said. "Republicans now have a whopping 38-point advantage on the generic ballot among voters who dislike both parties."

Republicans also have a large and growing advantage among independents. Sixty-two percent of independents questioned say they would vote for the generic Republican in their district, with three in 10 saying they'd cast a ballot for the generic Democrat. That 32-point margin for the Republicans among independents is up from an 8-point advantage last month.

"It's not surprising that those two groups are voting the same way, since almost by definition independents don't like either party," says Holland.

Outlier poll? Perhaps. But it still speaks of something, and it's not good for Democrats this year. And it's very hard to see what could happen in the next 60 days to change this mood.

For me, the best part is going to be the day after the election when I get to read the posts trying to minimize the significance of the results or trying to shrug them off by saying that voters are stupid.

Especially among those still clinging to election results in 2006 and 2008 to prop up their notions of what the mood of the country is.

For me, the best part is going to be the day after the election when I get to read the posts trying to minimize the significance of the results or trying to shrug them off by saying that voters are stupid.

The best part for me is going to be, sitting back with my arms crossed across my chest asking...

"Is it fixed yet?".......LOL......:popcorn2:

angry-boss-with-his-arms-crossed.jpg

You read that correctly. By 38 points.

CNN Poll: GOP's midterm advantage is growing - CNN.com

Outlier poll? Perhaps. But it still speaks of something, and it's not good for Democrats this year. And it's very hard to see what could happen in the next 60 days to change this mood.

I know... we could make wild accusations and panic!

The Justice Department and Department of Homeland Security have begun examining ways to postpone November’s presidential election in the event of an attack near election day. This according to a report in Newsweek.

Last week the Department of Homeland Security asked the Justice Department’s Office of Legal Counsel to analyze what legal steps would be needed to permit the cancellation and rescheduling of the election.

This came in response to a request from the chief of the newly created US Election Assistance Commission for Congress to pass emergency legislation to empower the Commission to cancel and reschedule elections.

A spokesman for the Department of Homeland Security told Newsweek "We are reviewing the issue to determine what steps need to be taken to secure the election."

Michael Isikoff, investigative correspondent for Newsweek.
Could Bush Cancel the Election?

I mean, what if OBAMA "put the election on hold"?

Maybe might could happen!!!

Hehe, I still chuckle at those btw.

On a serious note, look at the dishonest from CNN.
Twenty-four percent say their vote will be in opposition to Obama; with one in five saying their vote will be a message of support for the president. In 2006, anti-Bush voters outnumbered pro-Bush voters by more than two-to-one.

Why did they give opposition in % but for in "One in Five"? Are they trying to make people think that number is bigger? It's NOT! It's 20%! How stupid.

On a serious note, look at the dishonest from CNN.

Why did they give opposition in % but for in "One in Five"? Are they trying to make people think that number is bigger? It's NOT! It's 20%! How stupid.

wow.....mr v, this is just sad.

The best part for me is going to be, sitting back with my arms crossed across my chest asking...

Politically speaking, with a Democrat still in the white house and probable Democrat control of the Senate, I think the Dems will still take most of the blame for failures between 2010 and 2012. It would be hard to convince people that the Republicans are in charge when they only have one house (if that).

RightinNYC said:
Politically speaking, with a Democrat still in the white house and probable Democrat control of the Senate, I think the Dems will still take most of the blame for failures between 2010 and 2012. It would be hard to convince people that the Republicans are in charge when they only have one house (if that).

Oh, the above excuse is just as predictable as 'water is wet'. The question is, how long will it satisfy the public?

The euphoria of today's polls will subside dramatically, in today's 'on demand' society, when the realization sets in, that 'victory' will have little, to no effect on things.

It will be interesting to see how much patience will be given to the newcomers and where the public opinion will be this time next year, long after the party whistles and deflated balloons litter the floor and those elected, don't deliver on expectations.

Oh, the above excuse is just as predictable as 'water is wet'. The question is, how long will it satisfy the public?

The euphoria of today's polls will subside dramatically, in today's 'on demand' society, when the realization sets in, that 'victory' will have little, to no effect on things.

It will be interesting to see how much patience will be given to the newcomers and where the public opinion will be this time next year, long after the party whistles and deflated balloons litter the floor and those elected, don't deliver on expectations.

How is that an "excuse"? I'm saying what will probably happen politically.

If the Democrats control the white house and one of the houses in Congress, there is no way they will successfully pin any failure to recover on the fact that the reps control one house.

or "threw a fit" or "reacted with fear"; it's always entertaining to me how the Enlightened Wise and Trustworthy People Of Whom We Are The Party Who Elected Us This Time turn into little children as soon as they vote against democrats.

to which i will hopefully be able to respond: no, not until Jan 2013 can we start on that, but at least we've stopped you people from making it worse.

or "threw a fit" or "reacted with fear"; it's always entertaining to me how the Enlightened Wise and Trustworthy People Of Whom We Are The Party Who Elected Us This Time turn into little children as soon as they vote against democrats.

There was an article in the times the other day about how many young voters are shifting away from the dems. I couldn't believe how many commenters were screeching about how kids are just dumb, considering that those same young voters were heralded as the future when they went overwhelmingly for Obama 2 years ago.

There was an article in the times the other day about how many young voters are shifting away from the dems. I couldn't believe how many commenters were screeching about how kids are just dumb, considering that those same young voters were heralded as the future when they went overwhelmingly for Obama 2 years ago.

Always the case. This "hopeful" country will again be full of stupid, bigoted hicks after the first week of November. According to some.

cpwill said:
to which i will hopefully be able to respond: no, not until Jan 2013 can we start on that, but at least we've stopped you people from making it worse.

You're assuming that the voters will be pleased with the Republican's inability to keep their promises in the next two years and will reward that failure with votes in 2012.

As I said earlier, the cons have the 'not in total control' as a built in excuse for failure (the party of responsibility...LOL). Of course when things do start to turn around they will be right there on the front lines to receive accolades, much like the photo ops with the Publisher Clearing House Stimulus Checks that they voted 100% against.

You're assuming that the voters will be pleased with the Republican's inability to keep their promises in the next two years and will reward that failure with votes in 2012.

As I said earlier, the cons have the 'not in total control' as a built in excuse for failure (the party of responsibility...LOL). Of course when things do start to turn around they will be right there on the front lines to receive accolades, much like the photo ops with the Publisher Clearing House Stimulus Checks that they voted 100% against.

So . . . you suggest what?

So . . . you suggest what?

Don't put the cart before the horse.

Don't count your chickens before they hatch.

It's not over 'til it's over.

Nothing is certain, but death and taxes. - Ben Franklin

Last edited:

Voters are stupid...... but they are still the bosses.

November 2nd is going to be huge.

Don't put the cart before the horse.

Don't count your chickens before they hatch.

It's not over 'til it's over.

Nothing is certain, but death and taxes. - Ben Franklin

Four whole sentences, and you said nothing.

the biggest Republican Promise is just to stand in the way of any more hairbrained left-wing ideas to 'comprehensively' remake the major portions of our national governing structure. all the way up until 2012, all the Republicans have to do is constantly send up major pieces of legislation that are part of their platform and are widely popular (repealing the obamacare mandate, enforcing immigration law, putting the unspent 'stimulus' dollars towards debt payment, etc) and let either the Democratic led Senate (assuming) or President Obama shoot them down publicly. It will be like the popularity gift that keeps on giving, and it helps Republicans keep those extremely unpopular Democratic Ideals in the public light. If I were John Boehner I would even recycle issues in order to try to reach at least one major story a month that read: "Republicans Tried To Pass This Wildly Popular Piece Of Legislation That The Public Told It's Representatives To Support And Democrats Told The People To Take A Hike And Shot It Down."

That's politics.

Harshaw said:
Four whole sentences, and you said nothing.
Sure they do. They are in context with my post that you quoted where I was responding to a post that was making plans based on the outcome of an event 2 months in the future, as well as one 2 years past that.

If you were trying to divert in another direction, I'm afraid I missed the day that Mind Reading 101 was taught.

cpwill said:
"Republicans Tried To Pass This Wildly Popular Piece Of Legislation That The Public Told It's Representatives To Support And Democrats Told The People To Take A Hike And Shot It Down."

That didn't work out too well for the dems, you'll have to shorten it a bit to fit on a bumper sticker. Cons like bumper stickers. I hear Rove is available....for a price...LOL.

RightinNYC said:
That's politics.
As are "posts trying to minimize the significance of the results or trying to shrug them off by saying that voters are stupid".

They've fill up this board on a daily basis the past couple of years.

Back
Top Bottom