• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

CNN Fires Analyst Marc Lamont Hill After UN Speech on Israel

Status
Not open for further replies.

sanman

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
CNN has fired news analyst Marc Lamont Hill after he gave a speech at the UN calling for "a free Palestine from the river to the sea"

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/nation-world/national/article222412055.html

NEW YORK
CNN on Thursday parted ways with contributor Marc Lamont Hill after a speech the college professor made on Israel and Palestine at the United Nations.

A CNN spokesperson confirmed Hill is no longer under contract. The network did not give a reason, but the move comes amid objections to Hill's speech by the Anti-Defamation League and other groups.

Hill, a professor of media studies at Temple University who had been a recurring political commentator on CNN, called for countries to boycott and divest from Israel in the Wednesday speech given for the UN's International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People.

"We have an opportunity to not just offer solidarity in words but to commit to political action, grass-roots action, local action and international action that will give us what justice requires and that is a free Palestine from the river to the sea," Hill said in the speech.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2018/nov/29/cnn-marc-lamont-hill-israel

It is shocking that Mr. Lamont Hill was arrogant enough to think that he could make such a comment and not suffer the consequences.

This is 2018.

There are certain opinions that simply may not be aired in public.

To do so results in websites being removed from the Web, members banned from Facebook, YouTube, & discussion forums, and people being fired from their jobs, etc.

So long as Mr. Lamont Hill demonized President Trump, he was an honored CNN commentator.

He unwisely crossed the line, and now he's toast.

CNN has fired news analyst Marc Lamont Hill after he gave a speech at the UN calling for "a free Palestine from the river to the sea"

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/nation-world/national/article222412055.html

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2018/nov/29/cnn-marc-lamont-hill-israel

Well, that was ill advised.

As hypersensitive as the nation has become to words, it does not surprise me......it seems like there are legions waiting behind their computer monitors just waiting for one trite word or phrase so they can jump out in a "gotcha" moment to bury those that they disagree with.

It wasn’t just this speech, Hill has a long record of blithering on camera and in public.

Lots of irony here, seeing how Hill has been ranting for years about how everyone is a racist.

It is shocking that Mr. Lamont Hill was arrogant enough to think that he could make such a comment and not suffer the consequences.

This is 2018.

There are certain opinions that simply may not be aired in public.

To do so results in websites being removed from the Web, members banned from Facebook, YouTube, & discussion forums, and people being fired from their jobs, etc.

So long as Mr. Lamont Hill demonized President Trump, he was an honored CNN commentator.

He unwisely crossed the line, and now he's toast.

Demonstrating yet again how right Orwell was. Yes Virginia, in a time of universal deception, speaking the truth is a radical act. This is the land of the not-so-free to talk and home of the indoctrinated.

What was wrong with what he said?

Lots of irony here, seeing how Hill has been ranting for years about how everyone is a racist.

Well, you know, the left has always said certain people can never be racist. I think it's part of their extensive 'soft reparations' program.

Demonstrating yet again how right Orwell was. Yes Virginia, in a time of universal deception, speaking the truth is a radical act. This is the land of the not-so-free to talk and home of the indoctrinated.
He was supporting killing all Jews in Israel and wiping out the state. It's interesting you are here actively supporting his position.

What was wrong with what he said?

He backs the Genocide of all people living in Israel who are Jews. Learn a little history of that phrase "From the River to the Sea". OR you know what he meant and are very supportive of his views.

He backs the Genocide of all people living in Israel who are Jews. Learn a little history of that phrase "From the River to the Sea". OR you know what he meant and are very supportive of his views.

My sense is many progressives understand the meaning. Will say they didn't know until the second holocaust occurs then say well we certainly did not think that would happen.

Lets remember that they are followers of Obama who desperately wanted better relations with a nation that just about weekly calls for the elimination of Israel. He also supports the Muslim Brotherhood including the tyrant in Turkey.

How is that any different than those banned on twitter for using the Pepe the frog meme? Seems you don't mind "code words" when they are from racists.

See, if you say he backs genocide, then I know that you're not speaking truth.

So I will wait for an answer from someone who will try harder to explain how what he said was so wrong and how CNN acted appropriately.

Really. Can't believe she even asked this. If CNN fires someone for being too far left then you know the person is too far left. I mean these Palestinians won't even acknowledge that Israel has a right to exist. If they did, maybe they would have their state already.

Well, you know, the left has always said certain people can never be racist. I think it's part of their extensive 'soft reparations' program.

Exactly. Some of the most racist people I have ever known in my life were black. But, according to the left, blacks can't ever be racist.

So I will wait for an answer from someone who will try harder to explain how what he said was so wrong and how CNN acted appropriately.

You are blindly partisan. Palestinians have always denied Israel's right to exist. And, it is Palestinians who do terror attacks on Israel.

How is that any different than those banned on twitter for using the Pepe the frog meme? Seems you don't mind "code words" when they are from racists.

I don't recall EVER commenting on that on here. So, you are making a strawman. To be honest I barely know what you're talking about. I actually had to go look it up. You really show how weak your debate skills and the lack of intellectual merit your position has when you attack someone for something they've not commented on.

Uhm, the phrase he use, "From the river to the sea", go look it up and come back to us.

good riddance to him. to speak up for a terrorist network should get one fired

That's essentially what he was doing, imo. He's saying Israel should not exist and it's part of the growing anti-Semitic Left.

Really. Can't believe she even asked this. If CNN fires someone for being too far left then you know the person is too far left. I mean these Palestinians won't even acknowledge that Israel has a right to exist. If they did, maybe they would have their state already.

Hill's comment is anti-semitic. CNN doesn't want to get tagged with that. Especially after Lemon's rant a few weeks ago. Just imagine if someone killed some Jews in the near future. Hill's comments would definitely come back to bite everyone at CNN.

Hill's comment is anti-semitic. CNN doesn't want to get tagged with that. Especially after Lemon's rant a few weeks ago. Just imagine if someone killed some Jews in the near future. Hill's comments would definitely come back to bite everyone at CNN.

Not to mention to sheer callousness of saying this just a month after 11 Jews were killed in Pittsburgh. Hill's comment about "boycotting Israeli water" tells you that he deeply despises them. I mean, you won't hydrate because the water is "Israeli"? That's some weapons-grade hatred.

Not to mention to sheer callousness of saying this just a month after 11 Jews were killed in Pittsburgh. Hill's comment about "boycotting Israeli water" tells you that he deeply despises them. I mean, you won't hydrate because the water is "Israeli"? That's some weapons-grade hatred.

"Israeli water" is almost an oxy-moron...lol

why are you wastin time asking us when you can ask the people that fired him? i dont think anyone here was in that room when the terrorist supporter was fired.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom