• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

CNN finally admits the Sweden Strategy of Herd Immunity was right, but are still discouraging other countries from doing the same

The current Republican party. Concerned for Christian lives.

By the way, why are you still posting on this board? Did your integrity (previous promise) get somehow tied up in Trump's tax returns?

Could you go ahead and document those things for Finland and Norway?
After you tell me how many people who died in Sweden were in nursing homes and the aged of all who died and how many existing conditions each had. Thanks.

Could you go ahead and document those things for Finland and Norway?

Like I said - it will likely be decades before the final score is known.

I have pointed in other threads to analyses showing the negative effects of covid-triggered restrictions in access to doctors on death from cancers. You can read publications in several news outlets that look at other impacts, such as to food security, showing very serious side effects in especially poorer countries.

These consequences definitely exist. Measuring them and weighing them against the consequences of covid itself will not happen overnight - and, indeed, will not even be possible until the pandemic has run its course.

Cue the usual covid lockdown doomsayers coming into this thread, and proclaiming Sweden had a high death toll (even though Belgium's was higher, and they practiced lockdowns) even though most of Sweden's deaths were from elderly patients in nursing homes.

What doomsayers?
I have a GREAT IDEA!!!

I don't like Trumpers, so my solution is "herd mentality" based!

I take a large supply of bombs and machine guns and an unlimited supply of ammo and a few helicopters and a whole lot of trucks, and just start going around shooting anyone in a red hat and bombing entire neighborhoods to dust if they are located in red voting areas. And as a last and final touch, I poison the water supplies and shut off the treatment plants to catch any stragglers in those red states. One drink and they have a brain-eating amoeba guaranteed to finish them off in a week.

I can almost guarantee you I can rid the country of most Trump voters in two weeks!
True, I'll probably wind up killing an equal number of ordinary conservatives, and even some independents and liberals, but WHO CARES!! We must rid ourselves of Trumpism AT ALL COSTS.

----Ahem, that's basically what Sweden did with regard to the virus and that is pretty much what we are doing here, too.
So, if you have a problem with my "machine gun solution" to Trumpism, you should have a problem with the herd immunity model for COVID, unless you just don't give a damn how many people are sickened for life or killed outright from it.

After you tell me how many people who died in Sweden were in nursing homes and the aged of all who died and how many existing conditions each had. Thanks.

because, as we all know, those Christians/old folks lives don't matter.

psstttt: the people who died in Norway and Finland were probably older too.

Like I said - it will likely be decades before the final score is known.

here's a current score you can take to the bank...

Sweden: Almost 6,000 dead (and their families affected)
Norway/Finland: Around 600 dead (and their families affected)

I don’t believe the numbers. And even so 5000 is a very low cost for normal life

Sweden lost a large percentage ( 6.5 ) of their population compared to near by counties and they do not have a normal life and their economy still suffered.

Sweden's controversial anti-lockdown strategy resulted in a high death toll and no real economic gain, data shows

Last edited:
because, as we all know, those Christians/old folks lives don't matter.

psstttt: the people who died in Norway and Finland were probably older too.
Do you ever really respond to a post?

do honor the promises you make on this board?
I believe I was close enough with my prediction, what with the cheating going on with way COVID deaths are counted.

Now, why is it you never answers questions and only ask them? Do you have some sort of medical issue?

Says the one who never answers questions, never makes prediction, never states a position so can never be wrong.

you're the one who made a promise and then reneged.

i think everyone here can see your integrity.

you're the one who made a promise and then reneged.

i think everyone here can see your integrity.
Cry me a river, Mr. never state a position on anything.

As usual you cherry pick your stats about the per capita deaths, completely ignoring what happened in Belgium because it ruins your false narrative. As predicted.

Huge difference between them and the state governors in the US who have mask mandates and lockdowns.

Listen, you’re the one who thinks “finally came back down to levels other nations have been at for months” is somehow a dramatic success, so you tell me what you think has been “cherry picked.”
Other than Belgium. Can’t use just one country, right?

Cue the usual covid lockdown doomsayers coming into this thread, and proclaiming Sweden had a high death toll (even though Belgium's was higher, and they practiced lockdowns) even though most of Sweden's deaths were from elderly patients in nursing homes.
The New York Times seems to be getting on board as well.

Vilified Early Over Lax Virus Strategy, Sweden Seems to Have Scourge Controlled
After having weathered high death rates when it resisted a lockdown in the spring, Sweden now has one of Europe's lowest rates of daily new ...
7 hours ago

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom