• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

CNN Exclusive: Mark Meadows' 2,319 text messages reveal Trump's inner circle communications before and after Jan 6

I would hope these texts become available to the general public. If so, I'm sure someone or some entity will format them into a searchable database.

2300 messages?

No wonder nothing was getting done…..

"Mark: he needs to stop this, now. Can I do anything to help?" Mick Mulvaney, Trump's former acting White House chief of staff, texted Meadows.

"It's really bad up here on the hill. They have breached the Capitol," Georgia Republican Rep. Barry Loudermilk wrote.

"The president needs to stop this ASAP," texted GOP Rep. William Timmons of South Carolina.

"POTUS is engaging," Meadows sent in response to Loudermilk. "We are doing it," he texted to Timmons.
"Thanks. This doesn't help our cause," Loudermilk replied.

Shortly after, Donald Trump Jr. weighed in: "This his(sic) one you go to the mattresses on. They will try to **** his entire legacy on this if it gets worse."

"TELL THEM TO GO HOME !!!" texted Trump's first chief of staff, Reince Priebus.

Greene texted: "In our private chat with only Members, several are saying the only way to save our Republic is for Trump to call for Marshall (sic) law.

Link

Crickets from the White House.

Greene's memory is now refreshed.

Santorum was just making this point on CNN - cuts hard against the urban vote stealing narrative
-Stephen Miller, expressing disappointment that a Republican was admitting they were lying about the election being stolen.

There it is, a text from Stephen Miller discussing their "narrative" which is sort of like a lie. But a big lie. A really big lie. So Greene, Brooks, Cruz, Meadows, Trump and Ginni Thomas are obviously guilty of treason as well as how many state GOP leaders? That's the terrifying part. I imagine Cruz is the intended recipient of their plot to turn America into Gilead next go. Well, I really hope they go to prison forever.

"Mark: he needs to stop this, now. Can I do anything to help?" Mick Mulvaney, Trump's former acting White House chief of staff, texted Meadows.

"It's really bad up here on the hill. They have breached the Capitol," Georgia Republican Rep. Barry Loudermilk wrote.

"The president needs to stop this ASAP," texted GOP Rep. William Timmons of South Carolina.

"POTUS is engaging," Meadows sent in response to Loudermilk. "We are doing it," he texted to Timmons.
"Thanks. This doesn't help our cause," Loudermilk replied.

Shortly after, Donald Trump Jr. weighed in: "This his(sic) one you go to the mattresses on. They will try to **** his entire legacy on this if it gets worse."

"TELL THEM TO GO HOME !!!" texted Trump's first chief of staff, Reince Priebus.

Greene texted: "In our private chat with only Members, several are saying the only way to save our Republic is for Trump to call for Marshall (sic) law.

Link

Crickets from the White House.

Greene's memory is now refreshed.
Holy shit. Junior must have been coked up.

Go to the mats, junior, not the mattresses. What a loon

MTG can't spell martial. She cracks me up.

"Going to the mattresses" is a mafia term for going into hiding.
No it's a "mafia" term for meeting up for a shootup / showdown thing? I only know if from the Godfather.

Film school paid off. I know a term only used by Coppola, supposedly the mafia, and the....... president. Former president. Getting kinda warm in here

Reactions: lwf
No it's a "mafia" term for meeting up for a shootup / showdown thing? I only know if from the Godfather.

Film school paid off. I know a term only used by Coppola, supposedly the mafia, and the....... president. Former president. Getting kinda warm in here
I means going to war, basically. My understanding is "the mattresses" refers to the mattresses mob bosses have to have put into safe houses in order to hide from rivals out to assassinate them. I've also heard that they traditionally hid firearms in mattresses, but this seems less authentic to me.

Gotta' love long before the riot was even over, Trump's supporters were already sending him narratives that he should consider employing to defray any responsibility:
  • The violence was caused by disguised antifa members who infiltrated the crowd;
  • These were the same people who caused all of last summer's riot damage
And lo and behold, that's exactly the narrative the Trump crowd has run with ever since.

BTW- for all you Trump huggers who continue to claim 1/6 was a "nothingburger" that should just be forgotten about, seems an awful lot of the folks tweeting to/from Meadows appreciated what a huge deal this really was. Where's the disconnect?

Back
Top Bottom