• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

CNN drops Marc Lamont Hill after anti-Israel remarks

Divine_Wind

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
Actions and words have consequences. Siding with terrorists on the destruction of any country will result in many corporation terminating employment. In this case, Marc sided with the Palestinian radicals, including Hamas, in calling for a free Palestine from the Jordan river to the sea.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/cnn-drops-marc-lamont-hill-anti-israel-remarks
As the link notes "others noted that the phrase "from the river to the sea" is used regularly by numerous anti-Israel groups, including the terror group Hamas."

People who can read a map will note that imposing a "free Palestine" from the Jordan river to the sea can only be done by wiping Israel off the map.

474px-JordanRiver_en.svg.png

The phrase "from the river to the sea" is heard in literally every radicals' anti-Israeli protest.
Calling for the destruction of another country has become pretty mainstream for that agenda.

The phrase "from the river to the sea" is heard in literally every radicals' anti-Israeli protest.
Calling for the destruction of another country has become pretty mainstream for that agenda.

Agreed on the language. Marc tried to backpedal and soft-pedal it, but I suspect the only people who buy that BS are the antisemitics.

Actions and words have consequences. Siding with terrorists on the destruction of any country will result in many corporation terminating employment. In this case, Marc sided with the Palestinian radicals, including Hamas, in calling for a free Palestine from the Jordan river to the sea.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/cnn-drops-marc-lamont-hill-anti-israel-remarks
As the link notes "others noted that the phrase "from the river to the sea" is used regularly by numerous anti-Israel groups, including the terror group Hamas."

People who can read a map will note that imposing a "free Palestine" from the Jordan river to the sea can only be done by wiping Israel off the map.

474px-JordanRiver_en.svg.png

You have to draw a line somewhere. If he called for the death of Trump, he'd have gotten promoted. He has to know what lane his bosses are driving in.

You have to draw a line somewhere. If he called for the death of Trump, he'd have gotten promoted. He has to know what lane his bosses are driving in.

Why do you think he'd have been promoted if he called for the death of Trump instead of Israel? IMO, it's all a liability issue.

The facts on the ground actually show that the only game in town left for the future of Israel/Palestine is ,in all likelihood, a one binational state option . Having been a long time supporter of the Two State solution it gives me no satisfaction in conceding to the reality.

Matty Peled has been vindicated in his analysis imho

A one state solution would be the death of Israel, seeing how it would push the Jews into minority status sooner than later.

The only game in town therefore appears to be maintaining the status quo, something that both sides have arranged themselves with far more comfortably than they dare say out loud.

A one state solution would be the death of Israel, seeing how it would push the Jews into minority status sooner than later.

The only game in town therefore appears to be maintaining the status quo, something that both sides have arranged themselves with far more comfortably than they dare say out loud.

It wouldn't be the first entity that was the architect of it's own demise

The facts are that the illegal settlement building and the situation in Gaza show how the two state solution would play out. Which would be an Israeli state and Palestinian impoverished/ dependent/ state that's not a state.

This is the work of the greater Israel project and as such is the sole responsibility of the state of Israel. Peled was right and his warnings ignored to the detriment of Israeli interests imo

So, rather than see a whole people forced to live in unbearable conditions , locked in forever with a binding treaty , that the world will walk away from whilst patting itself on the back for " resolving the conflict " the better option for them is to support a one state solution ( that is the reality now anyhow ) and fight a civil rights battle for equal status/rights.

If the Jews ever lost the Jewish state they can only blame themselves for it in their abominable treatment of the Palestinians for over a century now ongoing imo

Having made the assessment I hold to be realistic, I see not much point in dealing with rants that have no basis in factuality (let alone actuality as in knowledge of the situation).

Thread solved as far as I'm concerned.

The Oslo II accords seem to be working. I was there last week on both sides of the control areas. Everyone wants peace and prosperity, so it must be a minority who want war...something I didn't see.

For the most part, it's up to the Palestinians to police their own people and stop the terrorists because the alternative is for the Israelis to come in and do it for them.

The Oslo II accords seem to be working. I was there last week on both sides of the control areas. Everyone wants peace and prosperity, so it must be a minority who want war...something I didn't see.

For the most part, it's up to the Palestinians to police their own people and stop the terrorists because the alternative is for the Israelis to come in and do it for them.
It's been some years now since I was last there. But even then one could see a certain difference between the people in their every day life and the respective leadership (both sides).

Most Palestinians that I knew (West Bank, mind you) weren't all that gung-ho for eternal deadly conflict and most Israelis weren't either. Trouble is that any radicalization from any side works into the hands of those wanting the fight to keep going. Hence it's those very same doing the radicalizing.

It still remains though that a one-state solution can never find support by Israelis, for reasons already stated. And while some Palestinians may relish the prospect of outnumbering the Jews sooner or later (thus taking it all over thru sheer demographics), most that I met would rather have their own thing, to do with and within what they please.

Of course if it ever came to such an accord, that would leave Hamas out in the rain completely. By what I heard from those daring to speak, Hamas has lost support massively in Gaza as it is, only thing keeping it in the saddle being "the fight". Not so much by gung-ho support for battle but by enabling it to maintain its totalitarian rule over Gaza Palestinians.

The Knesset has made itself very much at home with the current status, however uncomfortable it may be. With most Israelis sharing into the take. To assume any merits seen in replacing it with a one-state solution is remarkably naive.

It's been some years now since I was last there. But even then one could see a certain difference between the people in their every day life and the respective leadership (both sides).

Most Palestinians that I knew (West Bank, mind you) weren't all that gung-ho for eternal deadly conflict and most Israelis weren't either. Trouble is that any radicalization from any side works into the hands of those wanting the fight to keep going. Hence it's those very same doing the radicalizing.

It still remains though that a one-state solution can never find support by Israelis, for reasons already stated. And while some Palestinians may relish the prospect of outnumbering the Jews sooner or later (thus taking it all over thru sheer demographics), most that I met would rather have their own thing, to do with and within what they please.

Of course if it ever came to such an accord, that would leave Hamas out in the rain completely. By what I heard from those daring to speak, Hamas has lost support massively in Gaza as it is, only thing keeping it in the saddle being "the fight". Not so much by gung-ho support for battle but by enabling it to maintain its totalitarian rule over Gaza Palestinians.

The Knesset has made itself very much at home with the current status, however uncomfortable it may be. With most Israelis sharing into the take. To assume any merits seen in replacing it with a one-state solution is remarkably naive.

Agreed the ship on the one-state solution has sailed. Semi-autonomous territories seem to be working fine as long as outside hostile nations don't keep stirring the pot.

Not sure how the Palestinians can outnumber the Israelis; there are about 750,000 Palestinians outside Israel and about 250,000 inside without about 6 million Israelis.

~..........................Not sure how the Palestinians can outnumber the Israelis; there are about 750,000 Palestinians outside Israel and about 250,000 inside without about 6 million Israelis.
nearly 3 million in the West Bank, nearly 2 million in Gaza, put in another 2 million from Jordan, and bingo.

nearly 3 million in the West Bank, nearly 2 million in Gaza, put in another 2 million from Jordan, and bingo.

Thanks for the update. Obviously I used bad data and yours checks out good.

As for Jordan, even if Marc and the Jihadists destroyed Israel and murdered all of the Jews or pushed them into the sea, I doubt many of the Palestinians who have established lives outside of Israel or the Palestinian areas would move back just like I doubt many Cubans would leave Miami for Cuba once that country fully opens up again.

Thanks for the update. Obviously I used bad data and yours checks out good.

As for Jordan, even if Marc and the Jihadists destroyed Israel and murdered all of the Jews or pushed them into the sea, I doubt many of the Palestinians who have established lives outside of Israel or the Palestinian areas would move back just like I doubt many Cubans would leave Miami for Cuba once that country fully opens up again.
I agree on many having made their lot outside (Jordan and further afield), but quite a number might see new prospects "at home".

As regards Miami, it would probably maintain its Cuban flair but there would no doubt be some drain.

I agree on many having made their lot outside (Jordan and further afield), but quite a number might see new prospects "at home".

As regards Miami, it would probably maintain its Cuban flair but there would no doubt be some drain.

Some? Yes. Much? I doubt it. How many people in the US with middle class lives, kids in school and good jobs would toss it all away to move back to the "mother country"?

Having made the assessment I hold to be realistic, I see not much point in dealing with rants that have no basis in factuality (let alone actuality as in knowledge of the situation).

Thread solved as far as I'm concerned.

To deny or delude yourself about the facts on the ground is to have an opinion that is not grounded in reality

To want to see the continuance of the " status quo " is to want to see the continuing gross violations of the Palestinian people and the brazen illegality of their treatment by the state of Israel and the resultant violent backlash against Israelis from some Palestinians that it propagates. That's the reality

To deny or delude yourself about the facts on the ground is to have an opinion that is not grounded in reality

To want to see the continuance of the " status quo " is to want to see the continuing gross violations of the Palestinian people and the brazen illegality of their treatment by the state of Israel and the resultant violent backlash against Israelis from some Palestinians that it propagates. That's the reality

Not really. You would prefer the status quo to accepting something less than a full state and something less than the full west bank and Jerusalem, right?

I’m not sure any of us here actually want the status quo. I would much rather have the Palestinians accept reality and find leaders who will accept a compromise with Israel which gets them what they need for self determination and a better future instead of clinging to the delusional fantasy of “liberating historic palestine” while the population sees its progress stunted (although I believe they still outperform Jordan and possibly Egypt, which may tell us something about something).

But since there is no real prospect for Palestinian leadership to genuinely moderate and the “pro-palestinians” in the west actually make it more difficult for that to happen, I’m not quite sure what we are left with.

Incidentally, those who support the Palestinians’ “resistance”, such that it is, don’t really have much of a leg to stand on when lecturing others about the indecency of the positions they support. Just saying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you ever been there? Have you been to Israel? Any other nations in the region? Have you even left your home state? Been outside the US?

Not really. You would prefer the status quo to accepting something less than a full state and something less than the full west bank and Jerusalem, right?

I’m not sure any of us here actually want the status quo. I would much rather have the Palestinians accept reality and find leaders who will accept a compromise with Israel which gets them what they need for self determination and a better future instead of clinging to the delusional fantasy of “liberating historic palestine” while the population sees its progress stunted (although I believe they still outperform Jordan and possibly Egypt, which may tell us something about something).

But since there is no real prospect for Palestinian leadership to genuinely moderate and the “pro-palestinians” in the west actually make it more difficult for that to happen, I’m not quite sure what we are left with.

Incidentally, those who support the Palestinians’ “resistance”, such that it is, don’t really have much of a leg to stand on when lecturing others about the indecency of the positions they support. Just saying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some have stated they want the status quo but I don't think you can take that view seriously

I think that international law should be used to set the parameters for any resolution of the conflict. That's what they are there or after all

When they are applied it becomes a very very different debate and the " compromises " become much more apparent and easier to understand imo

It's also not all about land percentages for me. You could agree 100% of something but if you don't actually exercise meaningful and independent sovereignty the area becomes pretty irrelevant

There are rejectionists on both sides so to infer that the problem lies with just the " Palestinian leadership " is to also deny the reality. You don't like it but without a unity Palestinian government/council whatever you want to call it , there can be no chance of any meaningful negotiations anyway , so Hamas would have to be included

I think the Palestinian resistance is more symbolic than effective and hurts the Palestinians generally with much of it playing right into the hands of the state of Israel anyway. But I will always maintain that they do have that right and the laws , both in the legal sense and the moral , support that right

It is not incumbent on any people to just subordinate themselves to the will and demands of another and for people to expect that to happen is both immoral and unrealistic imo

Dodging by the antisemitics is common.

The fact remains Marc was wrong to side with those seeking the destruction of Israel as are all those who seek the same.

Have you ever been there? Have you been to Israel? Any other nations in the region? Have you even left your home state? Been outside the US?

I don't see the relevance but no

The vast majority of people who study space haven't been there either but it doesn't devalue their opinions or negate their claim to have knowledge

In your visit to Israel/Palestine had you have gone to Hebron you might have a completely different view yourself than the one you hold currently. Though I actually doubt this because of the nature of your content here thus far. But the general principle of what I am saying , I think , is solid enough

Dodging by the antisemitics is common.

The fact remains Marc was wrong to side with those seeking the destruction of Israel as are all those who seek the same.

" Dodging by the antisemitics " ?

And you think that that is a cool way to engage in a debate I take it ?

Of course you don't but thanks for admitting you've never been there.

You complain of " dodging " but snip nearly everything out of someone's post so you don't have to reply to it ? :roll:

You have employed this tactic on almost every post of mine that you have responded to , why ?

Back
Top Bottom