• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

CNN Analyst Labels Nick Sandmann ‘Snot-Nosed, Entitled Kid from Kentucky’

nota bene

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
From National Review:

CNN Political Analyst Joe Lockhart criticized Nick Sandmann, the Covington Catholic High School graduate who successfully sued the network for defamation, after the teen addressed the Republican National Convention Tuesday night, calling him a “snot-nosed, entitled kid from Kentucky.”

“I’m watching tonight because it’s important. But I don’t have to watch this snot nose entitled kid from Kentucky,” Lockhart, who served as White House press secretary for the Clinton administration, wrote in a tweet.

If this paragon of journalistic professionalism (and maturity) chose not to watch, he missed Sandmann's saying, "I look forward to the day the media returns to providing balanced, responsible and accountable news coverage.” Joe Lockhart: CNN Analyst Labels Nick Sandmann 'Snot-Nosed, Entitled Kid from Kentucky' | National Review

Well he probably is, but I also think he got rail-roaded pretty hard in that incident.

That being said, this was said in a tweet, not some article for CNN, though CNN opinion pieces are rather biased these days. Trump has tweeted far worse than Sandmann.

Well he probably is, but I also think he got rail-roaded pretty hard in that incident.

That being said, this was said in a tweet, not some article for CNN, though CNN opinion pieces are rather biased these days. Trump has tweeted far worse than Sandmann.

It’s also weird of him to expect civility in the news media when he is such an open Trump supporter. A lot of Trump supporters openly admit to being Trump supporters because he is crass, he tells it like it is, and he is destroying PC culture.

Then he wants honesty and balance in the media. Again, look at the person you support.

Every single time America has seen him, he is wearing a MAGA hat. I am sorry, but I can’t take him seriously.

From National Review:

CNN Political Analyst Joe Lockhart criticized Nick Sandmann, the Covington Catholic High School graduate who successfully sued the network for defamation, after the teen addressed the Republican National Convention Tuesday night, calling him a “snot-nosed, entitled kid from Kentucky.”

“I’m watching tonight because it’s important. But I don’t have to watch this snot nose entitled kid from Kentucky,” Lockhart, who served as White House press secretary for the Clinton administration, wrote in a tweet.

If this paragon of journalistic professionalism (and maturity) chose not to watch, he missed Sandmann's saying, "I look forward to the day the media returns to providing balanced, responsible and accountable news coverage.” Joe Lockhart: CNN Analyst Labels Nick Sandmann 'Snot-Nosed, Entitled Kid from Kentucky' | National Review

I'm sorry here, so you are concerned about a tweet from a person (who happens to work for CNN as an analyst) calling someone a "snot nosed kid" yet you have NO PROBLEM with the president of the United States hurling insults, lies and falsehoods? I say you have no problem because you have indicated you still plan on voting for Trump. So which is it and why should we be concerned with your faux outrage? I swear as we get closer and closer to the election the UTTER HYPOCRISY coming from Trump supporters is UNREAL.

It’s also weird of him to expect civility in the news media when he is such an open Trump supporter. A lot of Trump supporters openly admit to being Trump supporters because he is crass, he tells it like it is, and he is destroying PC culture.

Then he wants honesty and balance in the media. Again, look at the person you support.

Every single time America has seen him, he is wearing a MAGA hat. I am sorry, but I can’t take him seriously.

Yeah, well since Biden/Harris have started the campaign, there's been a lot of selective reversal of outrage.

It’s also weird of him to expect civility in the news media when he is such an open Trump supporter.

So...a Trump supporter should NOT expect civility in the news media?

Who do you think the media SHOULD treat with civility?

They can dish it out but they can't take it.

I'm sorry here, so you are concerned about a tweet from a person (who happens to work for CNN as an analyst) calling someone a "snot nosed kid" yet you have NO PROBLEM with the president of the United States hurling insults, lies and falsehoods? I say you have no problem because you have indicated you still plan on voting for Trump. So which is it and why should we be concerned with your faux outrage? I swear as we get closer and closer to the election the UTTER HYPOCRISY coming from Trump supporters is UNREAL.

Excuse me, Praxas, but this thread is not about Trump; it's about a CNN analyst making a really childish and unprofessional remark. See if you can stick to the topic instead of trying to derail it.

And by the way, I have never stated for whom I would vote or even if I plan to only downvote. So your attempt to use my thread to launch another screed about the hypocrisy of Trump supporters falls particularly flat.

From National Review:

Go get trump the bully to defend the kid. Boo hoo they called him snot nosed, boo hoo. Who the F cares?

It was nice to see Nick Sandmann, the highest paid executive at CNN, get some airtime at the RNC.

Excuse me, Praxas, but this thread is not about Trump; it's about a CNN analyst making a really childish and unprofessional remark. See if you can stick to the topic instead of trying to derail it.

Oh so you care about childish and unprofessional remarks now? Really, you're going to try and peddle THAT bull****? There is no derailing, the fact IS that YOU and others have spent YEARS defending the actions of a man who does FAR worse and now you want some fake outrage over some person doing a tweet from their personal account because they are a CNN analyst?

Go sell your hypocritical garbage to some dumb Trump supporter.

And by the way, I have never stated for whom I would vote or even if I plan to only downvote. So your attempt to use my thread to launch another screed about the hypocrisy of Trump supsporters falls particularly flat.

Bull****, your lies are evident over the support you've given the man over the years for doing just what you are complaining about here. Your LIES and HYPOCRITICAL comments are DISMISSED. Amazing how Trump supporters LIE when confronted with the truth.

And by the way, I have never stated for whom I would vote or even if I plan to only downvote. So your attempt to use my thread to launch another screed about the hypocrisy of Trump supporters falls particularly flat.

The thread does not need to be about Trump in order for your views on Trump to become relevant. It's a way of judging the credibility of your post. The point was obvious: if you sit mum as Trump bubbles with incivility, you do not care about incivility, therefore your feigned outrage is bull****.

:shrug:

To wit, a list of 598 people or entities Trump has insulted, and all the insults he called them.

The 598 People, Places and Things Donald Trump Has Insulted on Twitter: A Complete List - The New York Times

If you save that as a pdf, You get a pdf that is 86 pages long. The first turns out to big a mish-mash of the various headlines (because saving to pdf isn't perfect), and the other 85 pages are full of insults Trump has slung.

85 ****ing pages, four columns a page, ~13-14pt font. All of insults. All coming from the highest office in the land. You do not seem to have any problem with that, but we're supposed to weep for that snot-nosed kid?

Please.

The thread does not need to be about Trump in order for your views on Trump to become relevant. It's a way of judging the credibility of your post. The point was obvious: if you sit mum as Trump bubbles with incivility, you do not care about incivility, therefore your feigned outrage is bull****.

The topic of this thread is not Trump; it's the immature and unprofessional CNN analyst. Begin your own thread on Trump's incivility. That would certainly be a fresh take. :roll:

Oh so you care about childish and unprofessional remarks now? Really, you're going to try and peddle THAT bull****? There is no derailing, the fact IS that YOU and others have spent YEARS defending the actions of a man who does FAR worse and now you want some fake outrage over some person doing a tweet from their personal account because they are a CNN analyst?

Go sell your hypocritical garbage to some dumb Trump supporter.

Bull****, your lies are evident over the support you've given the man over the years for doing just what you are complaining about here. Your LIES and HYPOCRITICAL comments are DISMISSED. Amazing how Trump supporters LIE when confronted with the truth.

Oh, my, aren't you aggressive this morning in your irrelevant personal attacks? That's okay; I realize that this is the best that you can do. Extra points for the all-caps. :mrgreen:

Oh, my, aren't you aggressive this morning in your irrelevant personal attacks? That's okay; I realize that this is the best that you can do. Extra points for the all-caps. :mrgreen:

“Personal attack” /snicker. Calling out your hypocritical and lying comments are now considered a “personal attack” by you. :lamo Aren’t you the one playing the cute victim card this morning because you had your hypocritical faux outrage comments called out on.

Sandmann talked about his horrific personal experience in dealing with the media machine, and as you recall, he was savaged. I myself was temporarily fished in by the iconic Smirky McSmirkster photo. What happened to him was not honest or fair, and this was his frame of reference. It doesn't really matter whether you or anybody else takes him seriously; the courts did.

What I find astonishing and quite bizarre is your "It’s also weird of him to expect civility in the news media...." Since when do we not expect professionalism and civility from reporters and analysts?! It's not okay for so-called professionals to behave uncivilly, irrespective of what story or public person they're covering.

Since when do we not expect professionalism and civility from reporters and analysts?! It's not okay for so-called professionals to behave uncivilly, irrespective of what story or public person they're covering.

Can't whine about the Trump era if you helped usher it in.

“Personal attack” /snicker. Calling out your hypocritical and lying comments are now considered a “personal attack” by you. :lamo Aren’t you the one playing the cute victim card this morning because you had your hypocritical faux outrage comments called out on.

I'm no victim, Praxas, and I'm also not a liar. I'm sorry that you are unable to discuss the thread topic or to move beyond personal attacks, but here we are. Perhaps I'm wrong, but maybe some folks would like to discuss civility in journalism or, I don't know, bias in the media?

:shrug:

To wit, a list of 598 people or entities Trump has insulted, and all the insults he called them.

The 598 People, Places and Things Donald Trump Has Insulted on Twitter: A Complete List - The New York Times

If you save that as a pdf, You get a pdf that is 86 pages long. The first turns out to big a mish-mash of the various headlines (because saving to pdf isn't perfect), and the other 85 pages are full of insults Trump has slung.

85 ****ing pages, four columns a page, ~13-14pt font. All of insults. All coming from the highest office in the land. You do not seem to have any problem with that, but we're supposed to weep for that snot-nosed kid?

Please.

The topic of this thread is not Trump; it's the immature and unprofessional CNN analyst. Begin your own thread on Trump's incivility. That would certainly be a fresh take. :roll:

Editing out the substance of a post is pretty poor form.

You feel your outrage at someone tweeting an insult at Sandman is credible. I do not think is is credible because you stay mum on the constant stream of bile from POTUS.

It's not simply a staggering difference in scale. One is a CNN employee privately tweeting, the other is the President. This is only about the letter next to the name.

From National Review:

1 - “CNN Political Analyst Joe Lockhart.” Analyst. I.e. NOT nor ever claimed to be a paragon of journalistic anything. Analyst. There to provide OPINION.

2 - Nick Sandmann delivered a speech on national TV to an audience of millions at the invitation of the President of the United States to tell us cancel culture is a problem.

If you don't hate white Catholic kids you ain't Democrat.

1 - “CNN Political Analyst Joe Lockhart.” Analyst. I.e. NOT nor ever claimed to be a paragon of journalistic anything. Analyst. There to provide OPINION.

2 - Nick Sandmann delivered a speech on national TV to an audience of millions at the invitation of the President of the United States to tell us cancel culture is a problem.

1. Lockhart is a former White House Press Secretary.

2. Sandmann was vilified and victimized by the media. Cancel culture is a problem.

And CNN apparently learned nothing from its having to settle with Sandmann. From Cincinnati.com:

The Sandmann lawsuit against CNN stated: "CNN brought down the full force of its corporate power, influence, and wealth on Nicholas by falsely attacking, vilifying, and bullying him despite the fact that he was a minor child."

In January, CNN settled. Nick Sandmann CNN settlement was almost public

:lol:

Sandmann talked about his horrific personal experience in dealing with the media machine, and as you recall, he was savaged. I myself was temporarily fished in by the iconic Smirky McSmirkster photo. What happened to him was not honest or fair, and this was his frame of reference. It doesn't really matter whether you or anybody else takes him seriously; the courts did.

What I find astonishing and quite bizarre is your "It’s also weird of him to expect civility in the news media...." Since when do we not expect professionalism and civility from reporters and analysts?! It's not okay for so-called professionals to behave uncivilly, irrespective of what story or public person they're covering.

Why can’t you grasp the point? I already explained, he is asking for civility but he supports Trump and wears a Maga hat. Do you think MAGA is civil, is honest, is balanced, or treats others with fairness? :lol:

I just can’t take you seriously. You want me to think you’re a never Trumper, but you can’t grasp the irony of this kid supporting Trump and Maga? Thanks for the laughs

1. Lockhart is a former White House Press Secretary.

2. Sandmann was vilified and victimized by the media. Cancel culture is a problem.

And CNN apparently learned nothing from its having to settle with Sandmann. From Cincinnati.com:

The Sandmann lawsuit against CNN stated: "CNN brought down the full force of its corporate power, influence, and wealth on Nicholas by falsely attacking, vilifying, and bullying him despite the fact that he was a minor child."

In January, CNN settled. Nick Sandmann CNN settlement was almost public

1 I don’t know why that changes anything? He’s a political person giving an opinion, which is the job description.

I mean, he’s not showing up at WH press conferences as credentialed press pretending to be an actual journalist like Spicer. He’s on teevee giving his opinion, same as Tucker and Sean, just with less racism.

2 Sandmann is an entitled little MAGA Youth who simply smirked in the face of an old guy because he knew he had a bunch of other howler monkeys screaming at his back. He’s a nobody who became a cause celebre for the MAGA crowd because there isn’t a smug white dude face that base doesn’t break out into the vapors over.

3 He settled for nothing and it was done to make him go away. Far cry from all the declarations of hiim “owning CNN” and WAPO moving forward.

Nick Sandmann got to address the nation, Mitt Romney represents an entire state and he wasn’t invited to even show up in a video montage.

When you guys talk about cancel culture, what I’ve found you mean is “criticism of our positions won’t be tolerated.”

Back
Top Bottom