• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

CNN Analyst Labels Nick Sandmann ‘Snot-Nosed, Entitled Kid from Kentucky’

1. Lockhart is a former White House Press Secretary.

2. Sandmann was vilified and victimized by the media. Cancel culture is a problem.

And CNN apparently learned nothing from its having to settle with Sandmann. From Cincinnati.com:

The Sandmann lawsuit against CNN stated: "CNN brought down the full force of its corporate power, influence, and wealth on Nicholas by falsely attacking, vilifying, and bullying him despite the fact that he was a minor child."

In January, CNN settled. Nick Sandmann CNN settlement was almost public

The Native American man was also vilified by the right wing. I saw the attacks on him and his military service. I preferred seeing the two work it out in a personal level, and set an example to the rest of the nation. Trump didn’t even encourage that. The Trump exploited the situation and provoked further tribalism and division. The kid played the ultimate victim, wore a Maga hat in front of the world again last night, and asked for civility.

The message and public display is BS. He is also a kid, and this incident will follow him throughout his life. The Trump train will eventually end, and I think it’s sad considering most people his age have a lot of growing to do and tend to change their opinions.

The topic of this thread is not Trump; it's the immature and unprofessional CNN analyst. Begin your own thread on Trump's incivility. That would certainly be a fresh take. :roll:

He was invited to the RNC to speak in support of re-electing Trump. Trump and the GOP are very relevant to this discussion

From National Review:

CNN Political Analyst Joe Lockhart criticized Nick Sandmann, the Covington Catholic High School graduate who successfully sued the network for defamation, after the teen addressed the Republican National Convention Tuesday night, calling him a “snot-nosed, entitled kid from Kentucky.”

“I’m watching tonight because it’s important. But I don’t have to watch this snot nose entitled kid from Kentucky,” Lockhart, who served as White House press secretary for the Clinton administration, wrote in a tweet.

If this paragon of journalistic professionalism (and maturity) chose not to watch, he missed Sandmann's saying, "I look forward to the day the media returns to providing balanced, responsible and accountable news coverage.” Joe Lockhart: CNN Analyst Labels Nick Sandmann 'Snot-Nosed, Entitled Kid from Kentucky' | National Review

Not much of an analyst if you only watch one side. Perhaps they should retitle his job CNN Political Propagandist

1. Lockhart is a former White House Press Secretary.

2. Sandmann was vilified and victimized by the media. Cancel culture is a problem.

And CNN apparently learned nothing from its having to settle with Sandmann. From Cincinnati.com:

The Sandmann lawsuit against CNN stated: "CNN brought down the full force of its corporate power, influence, and wealth on Nicholas by falsely attacking, vilifying, and bullying him despite the fact that he was a minor child."

In January, CNN settled. Nick Sandmann CNN settlement was almost public

Do you care or recognize right wing cancel culture? I would argue that right wing cancel culture is more prominent and imbedded in society than left wing

1 I don’t know why that changes anything? He’s a political person giving an opinion, which is the job description.

I mean, he’s not showing up at WH press conferences as credentialed press pretending to be an actual journalist like Spicer. He’s on teevee giving his opinion, same as Tucker and Sean, just with less racism.

2 Sandmann is an entitled little MAGA Youth who simply smirked in the face of an old guy because he knew he had a bunch of other howler monkeys screaming at his back. He’s a nobody who became a cause celebre for the MAGA crowd because there isn’t a smug white dude face that base doesn’t break out into the vapors over.

3 He settled for nothing and it was done to make him go away. Far cry from all the declarations of hiim “owning CNN” and WAPO moving forward.

Nick Sandmann got to address the nation, Mitt Romney represents an entire state and he wasn’t invited to even show up in a video montage.

When you guys talk about cancel culture, what I’ve found you mean is “criticism of our positions won’t be tolerated.”

I think their allegations of left wing cancel culture is up there with the war on Christmas or open borders. I think it’s mostly fake. I don’t believe the majority of left leaning or Anti Trump Americans want to cancel, silence, or destroy people over speech. Yes, I understand people boycott and protest, but not buying Goya is in a different level when it comes to destroying Colin Kaepernick’s career or shutting down the Ground Zero Mosque. Then the president uses his office to endorse Goya, boycott Goodyear, and calls Kapernick supporters sons of bitches who need to dragged away.

I wouldn’t back or excuse any president doing that crap

I think their allegations of left wing cancel culture is up there with the war on Christmas or open borders. I think it’s mostly fake. I don’t believe the majority of left leaning or Anti Trump Americans want to cancel, silence, or destroy people over speech. Yes, I understand people boycott and protest, but not buying Goya is in a different level when it comes to destroying Colin Kaepernick’s career or shutting down the Ground Zero Mosque. Then the president uses his office to endorse Goya, boycott Goodyear, and calls Kapernick supporters sons of bitches who need to dragged away.

I wouldn’t back or excuse any president doing that crap

Gaslighting is the point. It’s about domination. Variation on Asking us why we’re hitting ourselves.

It’s also weird of him to expect civility in the news media when he is such an open Trump supporter. A lot of Trump supporters openly admit to being Trump supporters because he is crass, he tells it like it is, and he is destroying PC culture.

Then he wants honesty and balance in the media. Again, look at the person you support.

Every single time America has seen him, he is wearing a MAGA hat. I am sorry, but I can’t take him seriously.

Yeah, it's an unrealistic expectation to count on the rabidly leftist media to show any semblance of civility towards anyone that is not also rabidly left. But he's a kid and he will learn. No, scratch that. He has learned. And a lot of other folks have learned after watching how he was treated by the idiots on the left.

I'm sorry here, so you are concerned about a tweet from a person (who happens to work for CNN as an analyst) calling someone a "snot nosed kid" yet you have NO PROBLEM with the president of the United States hurling insults, lies and falsehoods? I say you have no problem because you have indicated you still plan on voting for Trump. So which is it and why should we be concerned with your faux outrage? I swear as we get closer and closer to the election the UTTER HYPOCRISY coming from Trump supporters is UNREAL.

There's that "whataboutism" lefties love to complain about so much.

From National Review:

CNN Political Analyst Joe Lockhart criticized Nick Sandmann, the Covington Catholic High School graduate who successfully sued the network for defamation, after the teen addressed the Republican National Convention Tuesday night, calling him a “snot-nosed, entitled kid from Kentucky.”

“I’m watching tonight because it’s important. But I don’t have to watch this snot nose entitled kid from Kentucky,” Lockhart, who served as White House press secretary for the Clinton administration, wrote in a tweet.

If this paragon of journalistic professionalism (and maturity) chose not to watch, he missed Sandmann's saying, "I look forward to the day the media returns to providing balanced, responsible and accountable news coverage.” Joe Lockhart: CNN Analyst Labels Nick Sandmann 'Snot-Nosed, Entitled Kid from Kentucky' | National Review

Oh, but it gets better.... Look at his cowardly justification for taking heat when this CNN puke decided to go after a kid.
Joe Lockhart@joelockhart
"Taking a lot of personal attacks for saying i had no interest in hearing from the young Sandmann last night. Many of them are unprintable. It is uncanny though how many of them have the word Christian or Jesus in their profile."

https://twitter.com/joelockhart/status/1298624527245639683

The topic of this thread is not Trump; it's the immature and unprofessional CNN analyst. Begin your own thread on Trump's incivility. That would certainly be a fresh take. :roll:

I would say your thread proves another important thing for sure...Look at the responses meant to deride/derail the thread premise. IOW, your thread does a grand job of proving Sandman's point that the left's cancel culture is alive and well. ;)

Last edited:
Editing out the substance of a post is pretty poor form.

You feel your outrage at someone tweeting an insult at Sandman is credible. I do not think is is credible because you stay mum on the constant stream of bile from POTUS.

It's not simply a staggering difference in scale. One is a CNN employee privately tweeting, the other is the President. This is only about the letter next to the name.

You're mixing apples with oranges as usual.
The thread isn't about Trump.

Do you ever stay on topic? I mean ever???

Why can’t you grasp the point? I already explained, he is asking for civility but he supports Trump and wears a Maga hat. Do you think MAGA is civil, is honest, is balanced, or treats others with fairness? :lol:

I just can’t take you seriously. You want me to think you’re a never Trumper, but you can’t grasp the irony of this kid supporting Trump and Maga? Thanks for the laughs

Sandman already beat CNN in the courts. Maybe you should take a look as to the reason instead of making personal attacks?

Sandman already beat CNN in the courts. Maybe you should take a look as to the reason instead of making personal attacks?

Speaking of personal attacks, I zero respect for you and everything you say and you know exactly why. Don’t lecture me about respect and not attacking others

I'm no victim, Praxas, and I'm also not a liar. I'm sorry that you are unable to discuss the thread topic or to move beyond personal attacks, but here we are. Perhaps I'm wrong, but maybe some folks would like to discuss civility in journalism or, I don't know, bias in the media?

Calling out your comments as hypocritical and lies is not a personal attack. The fact you are a "global moderator" and do not know this is troubling for the site. So yeah, play the victim card all you want.

The fact is you made a BIG deal out of a person using their personal twitter account to call someone "snot-nosed" and got all bent out of shape over it while you excuse and support the biggest violator of hurling insults, lies and falsehoods via twitter like Trump. So save your bull**** comments and lies for someone like a Trump supporter who may decide to eat it up like crack.

Nope, when you learn what Wahatboutism is, let us know. I pointed out the hypocrisy of someone complaining about a person calling someone "snot-nosed" while giving a free pass to someone who does far far worse as president of the united states. Sad that folks like you get bent out of shape over this CNN analyst but not the actual President. Sad man, really sad on your part.

I'm sorry here, so you are concerned about a tweet from a person (who happens to work for CNN as an analyst) calling someone a "snot nosed kid" yet you have NO PROBLEM with the president of the United States hurling insults, lies and falsehoods? I say you have no problem because you have indicated you still plan on voting for Trump. So which is it and why should we be concerned with your faux outrage? I swear as we get closer and closer to the election the UTTER HYPOCRISY coming from Trump supporters is UNREAL.

A whataboutism, huh?

You mean like when you jumped into a thread about cops shooting down a black man and posted this:

Really? Your evidence of a double standard is one incident? I can do that too:

Footage Shows Man Begging For His Life Before Officer Shoots Him Dead in Hotel - YouTube

Like that?

:roll:

Nope, when you learn what Wahatboutism is, let us know. I pointed out the hypocrisy of someone complaining about a person calling someone "snot-nosed" while giving a free pass to someone who does far far worse as president of the united states. Sad that folks like you get bent out of shape over this CNN analyst but not the actual President. Sad man, really sad on your part.

I point out hypocrisy on these boards all the time, and the stock response is "whataboutism." Works both ways.

It is a bit funny and revealing to see where you aimed your "hypocrisy" accusations, at a poster on an obscure website who you claim turns a blind eye to Trump's rhetoric (I couldn't find any evidence of this), instead of at a "political analyst" for a national news network that routinely criticizes the President for the nasty style of his rhetoric.

Sandmann talked about his horrific personal experience in dealing with the media machine, and as you recall, he was savaged. I myself was temporarily fished in by the iconic Smirky McSmirkster photo. What happened to him was not honest or fair, and this was his frame of reference. It doesn't really matter whether you or anybody else takes him seriously; the courts did.

What I find astonishing and quite bizarre is your "It’s also weird of him to expect civility in the news media...." Since when do we not expect professionalism and civility from reporters and analysts?! It's not okay for so-called professionals to behave uncivilly, irrespective of what story or public person they're covering.
But he isn't covering anyone in his personal tweet. This is a personal tweet, not a professional commentary. Its not a televised comment.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Speaking of personal attacks, I zero respect for you and everything you say and you know exactly why. Don’t lecture me about respect and not attacking others

If you saw a lecture above, maybe time to get some glasses?

Your personal attack aside, your respect is not required in order for me to post to anyone I so desire.

A whataboutism, huh?

You mean like when you jumped into a thread about cops shooting down a black man and posted this:

Like that?

:roll:

I don't know what thread you were reading, and you're free to respond to my comment in THAT thread if you care to, but I was directly responding to a claim that "when a black guy doesn't follow orders, he gets shot in the back seven times. When a white outlaw doesnt follow orders, fun and frivolity follow." In particular, I was responding to the fact that the OP was making a general claim about there being a double standard based on one incident (from 6 years ago, no less). Of course, there were all kinds of other things wrong with his post, but my time and interest are limited.

All that said, I'd be perfectly happy if everyone stopped using the term "whataboutism" and actually had the guts to respond with substance to demonstrations of hypocrisy or double standards. I thought that would be pretty obvious from how I used the term. Feel free to read it again.

If you saw a lecture above, maybe time to get some glasses?

Your personal attack aside, your respect is not required in order for me to post to anyone I so desire.

Yawn :roll:

If I thought of you as having a respectable character, I would probably value whatever you think you have to say

I point out hypocrisy on these boards all the time, and the stock response is "whataboutism." Works both ways.

It is a bit funny and revealing to see where you aimed your "hypocrisy" accusations, at a poster on an obscure website who you claim turns a blind eye to Trump's rhetoric (I couldn't find any evidence of this), instead of at a "political analyst" for a national news network that routinely criticizes the President for the nasty style of his rhetoric.

This guy kind of reminds me of Josie. We already a forum member with this shtick

Back
Top Bottom