• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

CNN’s New Streaming Service Is Shutting Down Weeks After Rocky Launch

Seems for the most part, their growth is in Democrats giving up on CNN and MSNBC. 41% of their audience is now Democrats.

That's interesting, as I'm one of those Dems that watches Fox.

But while I'm looking for alternative POV & perspective, I pretty much don't sign-on to what they're selling. I see it more as, "reconnaissance".

Then again, I recon OANN & Newsmax - too!

Juan Williams is one (of many) mental midgets employed (as a contributor?) by Fox News. His basic argument (on most topics) is if you don’t like the proposed liberal solution then you simply don‘t see the problem as requiring a US federal government solution.

Applied to illegal immigration it means that people (from anywhere else) who are seeking better economic opportunity (who could argue that is not a problem that folks wish to rid themselves of?) should be considered to be valid US asylum seekers. Of course, that would apply to billions among the world’s population and making such a policy change (often called comprehensive immigration reform) would require admitting them all.

To be honest, when I see his placidity & coalescence with the others on the panel, it seems demeaning to him, and bordering on abusive.

To be honest, when I see his placidity & coalescence with the others on the panel, it seems demeaning to him, and bordering on abusive.

True, but even Juan Williams has to admit that not everything is or should ever become a new federal government power.

We're talking about the pond.
More DEFLECTION. Or, just another DUMB comment from you.

"We" are NOT talking about "the pond". "We" are talking about the IRONY and TEMERITY of you (and people like you) whining about suggesting that CNN (or ANY other news network) is "...dominated by wacko opinion personalities". You FauxNews types are LITERALLY incapable of differentiating OPINION news from hard news. You're all either brainwashed, or just intellectually/educationally unequipped for that level of critical thinking.

p Your part of the pond has the wackos and less viewer appeal.
:ROFLMAO:.....says (once again) the guy who has spent the last 2 decades absorbing fake news from LYING, WACKO OPINION PERSONALITIES like Tucker....and Hannity....and Laura....and O'Rielly....and Glenn Beck....and Megyn Kelly.....and Judge Jennine....and Bartrimono....etc. etc. etc.

Sorry, but your uneducated, FauxNews opinion doesn't count.

That simple.
Simply put.....you (and people like you, who get their "news" from FauxNews and/or social media sources....have been brainwashed to the point of being incapable of engaging in discussions about News vs Opinion.

Sorry.

More DEFLECTION. Or, just another DUMB comment from you.

"We" are NOT talking about "the pond". "We" are talking about the IRONY and TEMERITY of you (and people like you) whining about suggesting that CNN (or ANY other news network) is "...dominated by wacko opinion personalities". You FauxNews types are LITERALLY incapable of differentiating OPINION news from hard news. You're all either brainwashed, or just intellectually/educationally unequipped for that level of critical thinking.

:ROFLMAO:.....says (once again) the guy who has spent the last 2 decades absorbing fake news from LYING, WACKO OPINION PERSONALITIES like Tucker....and Hannity....and Laura....and O'Rielly....and Glenn Beck....and Megyn Kelly.....and Judge Jennine....and Bartrimono....etc. etc. etc.

Sorry, but your uneducated, FauxNews opinion doesn't count.

Simply put.....you (and people like you, who get their "news" from FauxNews and/or social media sources....have been brainwashed to the point of being incapable of engaging in discussions about News vs Opinion.

Sorry.
You people do get triggered easily.
YOU brought up the "pond" term. If you didn't like it you shouldn't have used it. We should move on cuz it gets you too upset.

As for the rest of your strange rant about cable wackos we can try contrasting on-air personalities and we'll see how that goes.
I'll name a CNN or MSNBC wacko and you name someone on FOX that you believe is equally wacko and show why.

Kay? I'll go first.
Joy Reid on MSNBC. “most straight people cringe at the sight of two men kissing” and “adult gay men tend to be attracted to very young, post-pubescent types.” “Does that make me homophobic? Probably.”
“White crocodile tears,” “being prosecuted in front of a nearly all-white jury, before a white judge … in a country where white vigilantism is often excused, if not worshipped.”
“Uncle Clarence,”

There you go. In her own words and unmistakably racist and homophobic.

Your turn.

You people do get triggered easily.
:ROFLMAO:....says the just-triggered white-grievance guy.

You're a funny guy! But it's well-known that you people almost ALWAYS resort to PROJECTION when you realize you've lost an argument.
YOU brought up the "pond" term.
I see your strategy, now: "When lost, just double down and hope for the best", huh?

Re-read post #71, my deluded, brainwashed friend...and see if you can decipher the text (and subtext) of it, one more time.

"We" are talking about the breath-taking IRONY and LACK of personal insight displayed by your moronic comments in post #8.

As for "the pond".....you're DEFLECTING again. And I'd probably do the same, if I was a cynical rightwing ideologue like you. Thankfully...I'm not.

The "small pond" reference has ZERO to do with the UTTER STUPIDITY of people like you ( who trust and watch NOTHING BUT "wacko opinion personalities" on FauxNews and other wingnut social media cites, every single day/night).....whining about that phenomenon onto CNN.

about "this just helps illustrate that low-info FauxNews types like you seem to honestly NOT realize that the cable news networks cater to only a fraction of the news-watching public....and that FauxNews' ratings (#1 amongst CABLE news networks) are LITERALLY just a fraction of the ratings garnered by EVERY other network news broadcast (i.e. ABC WorldNews, NBC Nightly, CBS Evening)....EVERY night.

I'll make this as simple and plain as I can, just for you:
  • -On average, about 3.5-4 million Americans tune in to ALL CABLE NEWS networks every day. That's ALL CABLE NEWS networks, COMBINED (i.e. CNN, MSNBC, FauxNews, CNBC, NEWSMAX, FoxBusiness, etc.). Of that 4 million, about FauxNews and FoxBusiness average about 2.5 (or so) million combined.....the other 1.0-1.5 million (give or take) viewers are divided between CNN, MSNBC, CNBC, CNN-Headline, etc..
  • -On average,, about 20 million Americans tune in to NETWORK news (i.e. NBC, CBS and ABC)....EVERY night.
So again....FauxNews' ratings are a literal FRACTION of those of the LEGITIMATE news organizations. About 1/10th, to be exact.

Only ignorant, brainwashed fakenews types still try to brag about the ratings. Everyone else understands that those people are...well.....just ignorant and/or brainwashed.

As for the rest of your strange rant about cable wackos we can try contrasting on-air personalities and we'll see how that goes.
I'll name a CNN or MSNBC wacko and you name someone on FOX that you believe is equally wacko and show why.
:rolleyes:.....it takes a lot of patience to educate the uneducated....

I choose ABC Worldnews with David Muir: 8.2 MILLION views per night.

Now, your turn. I'd suggest you choose Hannity or Tucker, as they are best of a weak lot on your side. Hannity and Tucker each average about 500K-plus, per night.

So.....I win again. You lose....again.

Kay? I'll go first.
Joy Reid on MSNBC. “most straight people cringe at the sight of two men kissing” and “adult gay men tend to be attracted to very young, post-pubescent types.” “Does that make me homophobic? Probably.”
“White crocodile tears,” “being prosecuted in front of a nearly all-white jury, before a white judge … in a country where white vigilantism is often excused, if not worshipped.”
“Uncle Clarence,”

There you go. In her own words and unmistakably racist and homophobic.
Your turn.
:ROFLMAO:....well, thanks for showing us that you have no freaking clue what "racist" is...and is NOT. Sorry, my white-grievance friend, but...NONE of the above qualifies as "racist". But do you really want to get into a comparison of quotes between "Joy Reid" and any of your white-grievance leaders? Really?

Geez, with every new post, you help me make my case about people like you. For that, I must say THANKS (again).

It's HILARIOUS to see white-grievance types like you ignore the ACTUALLY bigotry and racism of your heroes (i.e. the wacko opinion personalities like Tucker, Hannity and the entire FauxNews team)....and resort to comparisons that strain credulity (like the above).

:ROFLMAO:....says the just-triggered white-grievance guy.

You're a funny guy! But it's well-known that you people almost ALWAYS resort to PROJECTION when you realize you've lost an argument.

I see your strategy, now: "When lost, just double down and hope for the best", huh?

Re-read post #71, my deluded, brainwashed friend...and see if you can decipher the text (and subtext) of it, one more time.

"We" are talking about the breath-taking IRONY and LACK of personal insight displayed by your moronic comments in post #8.

As for "the pond".....you're DEFLECTING again. And I'd probably do the same, if I was a cynical rightwing ideologue like you. Thankfully...I'm not.

The "small pond" reference has ZERO to do with the UTTER STUPIDITY of people like you ( who trust and watch NOTHING BUT "wacko opinion personalities" on FauxNews and other wingnut social media cites, every single day/night).....whining about that phenomenon onto CNN.

about "this just helps illustrate that low-info FauxNews types like you seem to honestly NOT realize that the cable news networks cater to only a fraction of the news-watching public....and that FauxNews' ratings (#1 amongst CABLE news networks) are LITERALLY just a fraction of the ratings garnered by EVERY other network news broadcast (i.e. ABC WorldNews, NBC Nightly, CBS Evening)....EVERY night.

I'll make this as simple and plain as I can, just for you:
  • -On average, about 3.5-4 million Americans tune in to ALL CABLE NEWS networks every day. That's ALL CABLE NEWS networks, COMBINED (i.e. CNN, MSNBC, FauxNews, CNBC, NEWSMAX, FoxBusiness, etc.). Of that 4 million, about FauxNews and FoxBusiness average about 2.5 (or so) million combined.....the other 1.0-1.5 million (give or take) viewers are divided between CNN, MSNBC, CNBC, CNN-Headline, etc..
  • -On average,, about 20 million Americans tune in to NETWORK news (i.e. NBC, CBS and ABC)....EVERY night.
So again....FauxNews' ratings are a literal FRACTION of those of the LEGITIMATE news organizations. About 1/10th, to be exact.

Only ignorant, brainwashed fakenews types still try to brag about the ratings. Everyone else understands that those people are...well.....just ignorant and/or brainwashed.

:rolleyes:.....it takes a lot of patience to educate the uneducated....

I choose ABC Worldnews with David Muir: 8.2 MILLION views per night.

Now, your turn. I'd suggest you choose Hannity or Tucker, as they are best of a weak lot on your side. Hannity and Tucker each average about 500K-plus, per night.

So.....I win again. You lose....again.

:ROFLMAO:....well, thanks for showing us that you have no freaking clue what "racist" is...and is NOT. Sorry, my white-grievance friend, but...NONE of the above qualifies as "racist". But do you really want to get into a comparison of quotes between "Joy Reid" and any of your white-grievance leaders? Really?

Geez, with every new post, you help me make my case about people like you. For that, I must say THANKS (again).

It's HILARIOUS to see white-grievance types like you ignore the ACTUALLY bigotry and racism of your heroes (i.e. the wacko opinion personalities like Tucker, Hannity and the entire FauxNews team)....and resort to comparisons that strain credulity (like the above).
Whew. Are you doing the same psychedelics you did back in the 60's? Your rants take you all over the place.
There at the end you showed the effect they have when you declined to let yourself recognize that -
“Uncle Clarence,” -
is racist and why Joy Reid is known as the racist babe from MSNBC.
You'd be wise to lay off the hallucinogens for at least a day before trying written communication.

Whew. Are you doing the same psychedelics you did back in the 60's? Your rants take you all over the place.
There at the end you showed the effect they have when you declined to let yourself recognize that -
:ROFLMAO:...Clearly, you have me mistaken for the kind of people with whom, people like you may associate.

But I get it. If I was getting my ass whipped in this conversation, I'd probably try to DEFLECT (over and over and over), like you're doing.

I totally get it. You can't defend your own fact-free, ignorant arguments....so you DEFLECT.

“Uncle Clarence,” -
is racist
No, it's not. It's just offensive to entitled white-grievance types like you, who think that their personal FEELINGS are the standard by which all issues/answers ought be measured. But, as pathetic as you people can be, at times, the simple FACT is that there is not one word of the above that is even remotely "racist". Like most of your ilk, you simply do not understand what Racism is...and what it is NOT.

What you DO understand, however, is WHITE-GRIEVANCE. And it's on full display with right now.

Now if that, too, bruises your perpetually aggrieved feelings....honestly, that's your problem.

That said, I'll add the following: Your misguided little "this is racist" pleas, above, do help illustrate (yet again) how IGNORANT and DESPERATE you white-grievance types are to PROJECT your bigotry and racism onto any/ever non-white person you come across.

and why Joy Reid is known as the racist babe from MSNBC.
:ROFLMAO:....only to white-grievance types, like you.

And you people don't really count. Decent people don't respect you people. We just tolerate you.
You'd be wise to lay off the hallucinogens for at least a day before trying written communication.
And "you'd be wise" to obtain some education before presuming yourself qualified to offer me any more advice.

Again...you CLEARLY have me mistaken for your kind of people.

:ROFLMAO:...Clearly, you have me mistaken for the kind of people with whom, people like you may associate.

But I get it. If I was getting my ass whipped in this conversation, I'd probably try to DEFLECT (over and over and over), like you're doing.

I totally get it. You can't defend your own fact-free, ignorant arguments....so you DEFLECT.

No, it's not. It's just offensive to entitled white-grievance types like you, who think that their personal FEELINGS are the standard by which all issues/answers ought be measured. But, as pathetic as you people can be, at times, the simple FACT is that there is not one word of the above that is even remotely "racist". Like most of your ilk, you simply do not understand what Racism is...and what it is NOT.

What you DO understand, however, is WHITE-GRIEVANCE. And it's on full display with right now.

Now if that, too, bruises your perpetually aggrieved feelings....honestly, that's your problem.

That said, I'll add the following: Your misguided little "this is racist" pleas, above, do help illustrate (yet again) how IGNORANT and DESPERATE you white-grievance types are to PROJECT your bigotry and racism onto any/ever non-white person you come across.

:ROFLMAO:....only to white-grievance types, like you.

And you people don't really count. Decent people don't respect you people. We just tolerate you.

And "you'd be wise" to obtain some education before presuming yourself qualified to offer me any more advice.

Again...you CLEARLY have me mistaken for your kind of people.
Yes. Racism is a feeling and Joy Reid expresses her own racist feelings.
You apparently agree with those feelings but don't dare admit it so you have to say it's not racist.
Very predictable behavior for lefties.

And for your own good, at least try to control your temper.
People notice that kind of thing and it's not attractive.
Surely you must realize that emojis are lousy camouflage for a volatile abrasive personality.
Try to be calm.

Yes. Racism is a feeling and Joy Reid expresses her own racist feelings.
No, Racism requires ACTION, not simply feelings, my undereducated friend.

Like most white-grievance types (and many others), you don't understand the difference between Bigotry and Racism.

You apparently agree with those feelings but don't dare admit it so you have to say it's not racist.
Very predictable behavior for lefties.
You CLEARLY (not "apparently") don't know WTF you're talking about.

That's no surprise to me. But it's probably a shock to you.
And for your own good, at least try to control your temper.
:ROFLMAO:....says the white-grievance dude as he attempts (yet again) to PROJECT his emotions onto his opponent.

Typical.

People notice that kind of thing and it's not attractive.
"People" like you? Who cares?

Once again, you reveal YOUR emotions, via poorly-disguised PROJECTION. You really can't help yourself, can you?

And, just for the record, what decent "people" actually notice on message boards like this one, is the ignorance, intellectual dishonesty and thinly-veiled bigotry of people like you. Trust me on that one.

Surely you must realize that emojis are lousy camouflage for a volatile abrasive personality.
Is that how people like you view smiling/laughing emojis?

That's interesting and ironic, given that your most recent post actually accused me of using psychedelic drugs. I think I'm on pretty safe ground when I tell you most DECENT people will look at my smiling/laughing emojis and think "He's laughing at that guy". Meanwhile, they'll look at your repeated attempt label me a drug addict, etc....and think "Damn, that @bubbabgone dude must really be angry!".

I wouldn't bet the house on it, but I'm preeteee darned confident there aren't many intelligent people in this thread thinking that I'm the "angry" guy. I think, clearly, you've resorted to PROJECTING again.

Clearly, I've rankled your feelings a bit. Sorry about that. You'll get over it.

But I still can't get over your comment, above. So, lemme see if I have this straight. You telling me (and everyone in this thread) that you (and people like you) honestly see SMILING and LAUGHING emojis....and you think "he's a volatile guy", huh? Seriously?

You call me a drug addict, but I'm the "angry" guy who needs to control his emotions. That's some pretty high-level "moron" stuff, there, my friend. But, I'm sure in your brain, that makes total sense, right? :ROFLMAO:

But it fits, actually. And it further explains use of PROJECTION in every reply.

Everything with you people is a mirror image of reality.

I'll just say this to you, and await your next "I'm not angry" response.......It must really suck to be a white-grievance type. Most things challenge your "capacity", and almost everything makes you people confused and angry.

Try to be calm.
:ROFLMAO:....more Projection, I see.

I'll stay calm. That's easy.

You work on articulating a cogent argument so that you don't have to PROJECT your feelings as a way of communicating. Ok?

She's been proven to be a homophobe and an anti-Semite. So it would not surprise me if we can add "racist" to the list.
She admitted being homophobic in the past. That would allow her to fit in nicely with your crowd, I suppose. She says her views have evolved over the years, however. I'm sure that's not worth much to your side.

She has not been proven to be an anti-Semite. That's false. She has criticized Israel in the past. That doesn't make her (or anyone else) an anti-Semite. Objecting to some US/Israeli policies (particularly under Bibi.....and particularly with respect to Palestinians) is something that most American Jews support. That's just silly. Fact is, most conservatives are supportive of Israel, but not very supportive of Jews. That's all related to the Evangelical dominance of the modern conservative movement.

But more importantly, since when did conservatives care about homophobia, antisemitism and racism? Those 3 traits that are almost prerequisites for any self-respecting Trump acolyte. And about 80 of conservatives consider themselves to be Trump acolytes.

She has not been proven to be an anti-Semite. That's false. She has criticized Israel in the past. That doesn't make her (or anyone else) an anti-Semite. Objecting to some US/Israeli policies (particularly under Bibi.....and particularly with respect to Palestinians) is something that most American Jews support. That's just silly.

In April 2018, blog posts from 2005 through 2007 were brought to public attention. According to The Washington Post, Reid's controversial remarks included encouraging her readers to watch the film Loose Change and saying of Israel "God is not a real estate broker. He can’t just give you land 1,000 years ago that you can come back and claim today."[37] Reid claimed Jewish people spend half a million dollars on their bar and bat mitzvah celebrations.[38] She also described CNN's Wolf Blitzer, who is Jewish, as a "former flak for the American Israeli Public Affairs Committee [sic]" who "doesn't even try to hide his affinity for his Israeli guests, or his partisanship for their cause".[39] The Zionist Organization of America called for MSNBC to fire Reid for promoting "sinister anti-Semitic canards".[40]

You think that proves she's antisemitic?

Did you miss the VERY NEXT paragraph on that Wikipedia article you posted?
In June 2018, Reid formally apologized for her past writings, saying, "I'm a better person today than I was over a decade ago. There are things I deeply regret and am embarrassed by, things I would have said differently, and issues where my position has changed. Today I'm sincerely apologizing again."[42] MSNBC expressed its continued support, saying in a statement that some of the blog posts were "obviously hateful and hurtful," but that they were "not reflective of the colleague and friend we have known at MSNBC for the past seven years"[42] and that "Joy has apologized publicly and privately and said she has grown and evolved in the many years since, and we know this to be true."[37]
The above is literally the very next paragraph, @Roadvirus

So again I ask....since when did your side begin to be offended by antisemitism, homophobia and/or racism?

Why is it that the ONLY times conservatives condemn "racism" (mostly inaccurately)....are when the target of their faux-outrage happens to be a black person?

Why is it that conservatives only recognize (mostly inaccurately) "antisemitism" or "homophobia".....in the comparatively rare instances when a " liberal" is the culprit?

No, Racism requires ACTION, not simply feelings, my undereducated friend.

Like most white-grievance types (and many others), you don't understand the difference between Bigotry and Racism.

You CLEARLY (not "apparently") don't know WTF you're talking about.

That's no surprise to me. But it's probably a shock to you.

:ROFLMAO:....says the white-grievance dude as he attempts (yet again) to PROJECT his emotions onto his opponent.

Typical.

"People" like you? Who cares?

Once again, you reveal YOUR emotions, via poorly-disguised PROJECTION. You really can't help yourself, can you?

And, just for the record, what decent "people" actually notice on message boards like this one, is the ignorance, intellectual dishonesty and thinly-veiled bigotry of people like you. Trust me on that one.

Is that how people like you view smiling/laughing emojis?

That's interesting and ironic, given that your most recent post actually accused me of using psychedelic drugs. I think I'm on pretty safe ground when I tell you most DECENT people will look at my smiling/laughing emojis and think "He's laughing at that guy". Meanwhile, they'll look at your repeated attempt label me a drug addict, etc....and think "Damn, that @bubbabgone dude must really be angry!".

I wouldn't bet the house on it, but I'm preeteee darned confident there aren't many intelligent people in this thread thinking that I'm the "angry" guy. I think, clearly, you've resorted to PROJECTING again.

Clearly, I've rankled your feelings a bit. Sorry about that. You'll get over it.

But I still can't get over your comment, above. So, lemme see if I have this straight. You telling me (and everyone in this thread) that you (and people like you) honestly see SMILING and LAUGHING emojis....and you think "he's a volatile guy", huh? Seriously?

You call me a drug addict, but I'm the "angry" guy who needs to control his emotions. That's some pretty high-level "moron" stuff, there, my friend. But, I'm sure in your brain, that makes total sense, right? :ROFLMAO:

But it fits, actually. And it further explains use of PROJECTION in every reply.

Everything with you people is a mirror image of reality.

I'll just say this to you, and await your next "I'm not angry" response.......It must really suck to be a white-grievance type. Most things challenge your "capacity", and almost everything makes you people confused and angry.

:ROFLMAO:....more Projection, I see.

I'll stay calm. That's easy.

You work on articulating a cogent argument so that you don't have to PROJECT your feelings as a way of communicating. Ok?
"Racism requires ACTION," ???? You must be off your meds again.
But if you think calling Joy Reid a bigot is some kind of win for you then you can go with that.
For someone that said "I choose ABC Worldnews with David Muir: 8.2 MILLION views per night." you sure spend a lot of time defending racist and homophobic Joy Reid who you don't watch.

Tell me, when you see people roll their eyes or leave when you walk into a room don't you ever wonder that maybe you're overdoing the Keith Olbermann wannabe routine?

She's been proven to be a homophobe and an anti-Semite. So it would not surprise me if we can add "racist" to the list.
Haven't you heard? "Racism requires ACTION,"
You can't just say racist things to be a racist. No No, that's not enough.
You have to do racist things.
You're welcome to explore that brilliant concept if you like but I think it exploded on the launchpad.

You think that proves she's antisemitic?

Did you miss the VERY NEXT paragraph on that Wikipedia article you posted?

The above is literally the very next paragraph, @Roadvirus

So again I ask....since when did your side begin to be offended by antisemitism, homophobia and/or racism?

Why is it that the ONLY times conservatives condemn "racism" (mostly inaccurately)....are when the target of their faux-outrage happens to be a black person?

Why is it that conservatives only recognize (mostly inaccurately) "antisemitism" or "homophobia".....in the comparatively rare instances when a " liberal" is the culprit?
She apologized. Big friggin deal.

If she was a White Conservative, she would've been booted from her job 5 minutes after her posts were revealed. But since she's a Liberal and member of the BIPOC community, she's immune.

"Racism requires ACTION," ???? You must be off your meds again.
No, just educated.

Clearly, you are not.

But if you think calling Joy Reid a bigot is some kind of win for you then you can go with that.
You, and people like you, can call her (and every other non-white, non-white-grievance, non-fascist person) whatever you wish. It's not as though your opinions matter (or, for that matter, merit any respect at all).

As we've established, you people CLEARLY do not have a problem with racism, bigotry or homophobia. Those are the core of your personal ideology. What you people hate are liberals, minorities and/or LGBTQ people who call you people out for who and what you really are.

For someone that said "I choose ABC Worldnews with David Muir: 8.2 MILLION views per night." you sure spend a lot of time defending racist and homophobic Joy Reid who you don't watch.
Silly comment. You're still DEFLECTING.

For someone who thought FauxNews was anything more than the biggest fish in a small pond of Cable News.....you sure are having a hard time running away from your

Tell me, when you see people roll their eyes or leave when you walk into a room don't you ever wonder that maybe you're overdoing the Keith Olbermann wannabe routine?
Careful, now, my friend.

When you resort to empty-headed ad hominems, you're telling others that your emotions are getting the best of you.

But I get it. You're frustrated because you've been exposed, and because you can't defend the ignorant, fact-free arguments that you're used to getting away with.

She apologized. Big friggin deal.
:ROFLMAO:.....so say ALL rightwingers....who rarely (if ever) own up to their mistakes and failures.

Tell me, have you or any other conservatives on this board similarly challenged any of the well-known bigots and racists of your party/ideology for their YEARS of bigoted, racist and/ or homophobic rhetoric?

Of course not. Because conservatives never object to racism or bigotry as long as white people are not the targets.

And that explains why conservatives jump at any/everything even HINTING at racism/bigotry from someone like Joy Reid. She's black and she's liberal. So THAT makes her a "racist" in the eyes of most conservatives...even if she takes responsibility and apologizes for what she said 20 years ago.

If she was a White Conservative, she would've been booted from her job 5 minutes after her posts were revealed.
:ROFLMAO:....BS! Conservatives literally PROMOTE their bigots and racists. They don't fire them.

I give you Exhibit A: Tucker Carlson.

If she was white and conservative, she wouldn't have needed to apologize and her ratings would go UP.

What about Alex Jones? Or, Glenn Beck. Or Bill O'Reilly? Or Marjorie Q Greene? etc. etc. etc.

Do you really want to go down that road? Would you like to go over some of the bigotry that has come from the mouths of white conservative pols and pundits over the last several years?

But since she's a Liberal and member of the BIPOC community, she's immune.
Why do conservatives try so hard to play the "both sides are to blame" game with racism?

Again, let me know if you want to take turns posting examples of racial bigotry and racist behavior amongst liberals and conservatives.

And please get back to me with examples of the instances in which you have come here to condemn the "racism" of a conservative, ok?

White-grievance is so pathetic.

No, just educated.

Clearly, you are not.

You, and people like you, can call her (and every other non-white, non-white-grievance, non-fascist person) whatever you wish. It's not as though your opinions matter (or, for that matter, merit any respect at all).

As we've established, you people CLEARLY do not have a problem with racism, bigotry or homophobia. Those are the core of your personal ideology. What you people hate are liberals, minorities and/or LGBTQ people who call you people out for who and what you really are.

Silly comment. You're still DEFLECTING.

For someone who thought FauxNews was anything more than the biggest fish in a small pond of Cable News.....you sure are having a hard time running away from your

Careful, now, my friend.

When you resort to empty-headed ad hominems, you're telling others that your emotions are getting the best of you.

But I get it. You're frustrated because you've been exposed, and because you can't defend the ignorant, fact-free arguments that you're used to getting away with.
First, I don't know who you think would be impressed with your continuous white self-hate commentary.
That kind of thing is known as the Oslo Syndrome, a mental disorder.

I provided quotes demonstrating Joy Reid's racism and homophobia and your defense of her has been ... "nuh-uh". Legendary stuff, there.
Pointing out that you don't even watch her but you defend her anyway your defense is "running away" from your own comment.

But you shot your wad when you said, without any attempt at an explanation whatever, that racism has to involve action in order to be racism. You screwed the pooch with that one.
Now, I hope you just read that somewhere and repeated it here because you felt cornered and had nothing else, but it's really nuts even for someone with the history of nutty commentary such as yours.

sounds like they just screwed up. My sister joined and she was annoyed that in order to watch any of their programming, she needed a cable provider. What is the point of the streaming service.

The most moronic thing is how pathetic right winger are and their hardon for CNN. Such pathetic losers

That is a stupid idea needing a supporting cable provider. As long as it's free with the cable provider. There can be benefits. Like the Fox News GO you can watch past shows you missed.

First, I don't know who you think would be impressed with your continuous white self-hate commentary.
:ROFLMAO:"white self hate", huh?

Really, really dumb assumption, my friend. I'm not white, and (more importantly) that is irrelevant to the discussion.

But here's a question for you: Why do you DEFLECT at every turn, rather than offer up thoughtful, cogent commentary?

That kind of thing is known as the Oslo Syndrome, a mental disorder.
"Oslo Syndrome", huh?

You meant Stockholm Syndrome. Oslo Syndrome was a movie (based upon the Stockholm Syndrome) that has obtained cult-status among far-right/WHITE NATIONALIST types.

Oops! You've just let us all know a little more than you probably intended about who/what you really are, my undereducated white-grievance friend!

Too Funny! :ROFLMAO:

I provided quotes demonstrating Joy Reid's racism
No you didn't. You don't understand it, but....no you didn't.

Your fundamental ignorance (fueled by your white-grievance mentality).....is not my problem. It's yours.
and homophobia
and.....?? She made offensive comments on twitter a decade ago, and apologized for them recently when confronted. She also said her views have evolved over that time.

That's about all that can be expected from someone who admits a mistake and apologizes for it. And it's a far cry from the years (or even decades) of racially offensive and/or homophobic rhetoric that we see from ACTUAL bigots, racist and homophobes that you admire.

So, we both know that a single offensive tweet from Joy Reid is NOT what bothers you about this story.

And we KNOW this, because we KNOW that.....You people LOVE homophobia. You people LOVE racism. You people LOVE bigotry. As long as the targets are ALWAYS black, brown or LGBT people.....you LOVE offensive rhetoric and/or discriminatory behavior. That stuff is LITERALLY the foundation of your political ideology.

What you people HATE (and the reason for your remarks in this thread)....is when non-whites, liberals and women criticize ACTUAL bigots, racists and homophobes (i.e. your entire party). And THAT explains everything about your fake-outrage towards her in this thread.

and your defense of her has been ... "nuh-uh".
Again, why LIE, when the truth is available for all to see?

You just can't help yourself, I guess.
Pointing out that you don't even watch her but you defend her anyway your defense is "running away" from your own comment.
:ROFLMAO:....you think that because you "pointed out" that I don't watch Joy Reid.....I don't watch Joy Reid?

Another dumb assumption, on your part.

Every time you make an assumption, you make an ass of yourself, my friend.

But you shot your wad when you said, without any attempt at an explanation whatever, that racism has to involve action in order to be racism. You screwed the pooch with that one.
:rolleyes:....lemme guess......high school diploma, right?

Take a few classes in sociology at your local community college, and get back to me.

Geez...

Now, I hope you just read that somewhere and repeated it here because you felt cornered and had nothing else
Stop. Just stop.

Racism requires action, not merely feelings or thoughts. That's not a matter for debate. Your feelings are reflective of your education (or lack thereof). But again, that's not my problem.

Ever heard of the "old saying" about remaining silent and presumed a fool, rather then speaking up and proving it?

You mean like twitter and tiktok?

InterFaith Radio = interesting to say the least

SCIENCE FRIDAY -
http://sciencefriday.com/

UNION OF CONCERNED SCIENTISTS -

NEWS AND GUTS – DAN RATHER -

THE NATION -
http://www.thenation.com/

Democracy NOW -
http://www.democracynow.org/

The WEEK

IN THESE TIMES -

LABOR RADIO -

COST OF WAR -

JIM HIGHTOWER -

MOTHER JONES -

ALTERNET -

DOLLARS AND SENSE

COMMON DREAMS
REPRESENTS AT LEAST 80 NEWS SOURCES

LAW AND DISORDER

LAURA FLANDERS

HUFFINGTON POST

ANTI WAR -
http://antiwar.com/ = MULTIPLE WORLDWIDE NEWS SOURCES

CORP WATCH -
WORLDWIDE COVERAGE

The National Popular Vote Interstate Compact - Project Vote
The Best Solution to the Electoral College The Electoral College, the mechanism by which Americans indirectly select their presidents, is...
======
Map: These are the states that have agreed to a plan to replace the Electoral College
Colorado became the latest state to join the National Popular Vote Interstate Compact, now one of 15 states and D.C.
www.nbcnews.com

One Person, One Vote.... that principle Never needed some "Asshole Labeled Elector" second guessing and over-riding the individuals voice of vote.

Since it existed:
It should have been abolished once all 50 states had gained a minimum population.... of 1 million people.

Abolish the Electoral Vote System... and there will be no more divisiveness of Red State | Blue State.... It will simply be "American Citizen's Voting'

No more Voting Districts - No More Gerrymandering

The Secret Origins of the Tea Party
How Big Oil and Big Tobacco partnered with the Koch brothers to take over the GOP

time.com

Koch Docs: How Charles Koch has Consumed ALEC
Aegis Strategic http://www.motherjones.com/politics...candidate-training-recruiting-aegis-strategic

http://www.pfaw.org/rww-in-focus/al...te-special-interests-state-legislatures#Voter

:ROFLMAO:"white self hate", huh?

Really, really dumb assumption, my friend. I'm not white, and (more importantly) that is irrelevant to the discussion.

But here's a question for you: Why do you DEFLECT at every turn, rather than offer up thoughtful, cogent commentary?

"Oslo Syndrome", huh?

You meant Stockholm Syndrome. Oslo Syndrome was a movie (based upon the Stockholm Syndrome) that has obtained cult-status among far-right/WHITE NATIONALIST types.

Oops! You've just let us all know a little more than you probably intended about who/what you really are, my undereducated white-grievance friend!

Too Funny! :ROFLMAO:

No you didn't. You don't understand it, but....no you didn't.

Your fundamental ignorance (fueled by your white-grievance mentality).....is not my problem. It's yours.

and.....?? She made offensive comments on twitter a decade ago, and apologized for them recently when confronted. She also said her views have evolved over that time.

That's about all that can be expected from someone who admits a mistake and apologizes for it. And it's a far cry from the years (or even decades) of racially offensive and/or homophobic rhetoric that we see from ACTUAL bigots, racist and homophobes that you admire.

So, we both know that a single offensive tweet from Joy Reid is NOT what bothers you about this story.

And we KNOW this, because we KNOW that.....You people LOVE homophobia. You people LOVE racism. You people LOVE bigotry. As long as the targets are ALWAYS black, brown or LGBT people.....you LOVE offensive rhetoric and/or discriminatory behavior. That stuff is LITERALLY the foundation of your political ideology.

What you people HATE (and the reason for your remarks in this thread)....is when non-whites, liberals and women criticize ACTUAL bigots, racists and homophobes (i.e. your entire party). And THAT explains everything about your fake-outrage towards her in this thread.

Again, why LIE, when the truth is available for all to see?

You just can't help yourself, I guess.

:ROFLMAO:....you think that because you "pointed out" that I don't watch Joy Reid.....I don't watch Joy Reid?

Another dumb assumption, on your part.

Every time you make an assumption, you make an ass of yourself, my friend.

:rolleyes:....lemme guess......high school diploma, right?

Take a few classes in sociology at your local community college, and get back to me.

Geez...

Stop. Just stop.

Racism requires action, not merely feelings or thoughts. That's not a matter for debate. Your feelings are reflective of your education (or lack thereof). But again, that's not my problem.

Ever heard of the "old saying" about remaining silent and presumed a fool, rather then speaking up and proving it?

"I'm not white, and ..." - ouch, that means your racial rants have a more fundamental explanation.

No. It's Oslo Syndrome - look it up.

"Racism requires action, not merely feelings or thoughts. That's not a matter for debate." - no it's not up for debate. Look that up too.

Still waiting for your defense of what Reid said and why it doesn't reflect racism and homophobia. Remember, nuh-uh isn't a defense.

"I'm not white, and ..." - ouch, that means your racial rants have a more fundamental explanation.
:ROFLMAO:...says the uneducated white-grievance dude.

You're illustrating how irony and humor often go hand-in-hand.

No. It's Oslo Syndrome - look it up.
:ROFLMAO:....no need. Unlike you, my under-educated friend, I actually have the background and education to just TELL you that how ignorant you are.

So, once again.....NO, my uneducated friend, "Oslo Syndrome" is not a thing. It's just an anecdotal "condition" described in a BOOK (and then a movie). It is NOT a recognized, diagnosable psychiatric condition. That's not up for debate, simply because some random high school graduate thinks otherwise. Sorry, but reality is what it is...truth is truth....and your opinion does not matter.

But if you doubt me, please feel free to peruse the DSM-5 and ICD-10 for yourself (google them, because you clearly don't know wtf they are). You'll find "Oslo Syndrome" doesn't exist. And if you actually READ the book about "Oslo Syndrome", you see that it, too, proposes that "Oslo Syndrome" as just a subset of STOCKHOLM SYNDROME which is specific for certain Jewish people who sympathize with Arabs who are hostile toward them. But it's just Stockholm Syndrome. Simple as that.

So, ONE MORE TIME (so that, hopefully, it will sink into your brain, finally)..."Oslo Syndrome" is a FICTITIOUS condition that "exists" only as an anecdotal phenomenon described within the pages of that book (and a movie). The FACT is that "Oslo Syndrome", as described in that book, is nothing more than Stockholm Syndrome. And again, your feelings and opinions are not relevant.

no it's not up for debate. Look that up too.
This has been a good illustration of the importance of a college education (at the very least).....as well as the pit falls/dangers of what people like you consider to your "self-education".

People like you don't how to go about the process of separating truth and facts from opinions and feelings. Thus, you guys simply don't know what you don't know. But just because you THINK something is (or should be) "true"....or that it makes sense....doesn't make it so..

If you want to understand the functional distinctions between racism and bigotry, find any Sociologist....and I do mean ANY. He/she will quickly dispel you of your ignorance on this issue in your freshman year.

I doubt you'll do that, because....."liberal academia", and all of that moronic stuff. You know how you people are.
Still waiting for your defense of what Reid said and why it doesn't reflect racism and homophobia.
Deflection. And reall weak deflection, at that.

No, in this thread, we're all still waiting for you to show ANY examples of you EVER expressing outrage over inflammatory rhetoric from your white-grievance brethren on FauxNews...and on Social Media.

What we've established here is that your "outrage" over "racism" in a decade-old tweet from one black, liberal female is ENTIRELY about the "black", "liberal" and "female"....and has NOTHING to do with any actual opposition to "racism". You can't even defend yourself from the observation that you (and people like you) literally NEVER take offense to ACTUAL racism, bigotry and/or misogyny that we see EVERY day from white-grievance males, like you.

Nothing Joy Reid said was "racist". That is not arguable. Your limited grasp of some basic words and terms in the English language is no excuse. Sorry, but words have meanings, and you don't get credit for being uneducated. Your ignorance is not my problem. It's yours.

Back
Top Bottom