• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

CNN’s New Streaming Service Is Shutting Down Weeks After Rocky Launch

Sure, especially when you factor in their struggling viewership numbers. It seemed pretty clear that a subscription service was likely to face an uphill battle since you're asking people to pay a premium on content viewers aren't watching on linear where there is no direct cost for the service. I'm sure the recent merger will play a role here and where CNN+ ends up as part of that; I don't think it's going away altogether.
I'm glad to see new services fail, everybody wants to get greed and soon we will have to buy a cable package of streaming services. Just partner with others so can have a limited amount. it already is out of control. Fortunately there is family sharing so one person doesn'thave to pay for them all

sounds like they just screwed up. My sister joined and she was annoyed that in order to watch any of their programming, she needed a cable provider. What is the point of the streaming service.

The most moronic thing is how pathetic right winger are and their hardon for CNN. Such pathetic losers

Really? CNN+ had a bad business plan so you decided that the (most moronic?) thing to do was to bash right-wingers. ;)

I can't see Wallace doing the bolded, though.

What I would like to see him do, is add a principled Conservative perspective to the mélange.
He's one of the few that can. However, I'm still pissed at him for giving faux a non-nutball to point to for many years when the entire network is a propaganda joke.

He's one of the few that can. However, I'm still pissed at him for giving faux a non-nutball to point to for many years when the entire network is a propaganda joke.

In other words, he sold-out for the money?

BTW - I also find Brett Baeir's show pretty good. His panels can be excellent!

CNN (last I checked) had some conservatives on their team, including that idiot Rick Santorum.

Ah, but those are guests & contributors.

I'm speaking to using Conservatives as an anchor or host! Big difference.

I never watch them (have not in years) so I'm not sure if he is still there or not. But he was.

Sanctorum is no longer there, and I agree - he was a goof!

Lou Dobbs hahahah.

Yeah, how far he's fallen. Tucker, too.

I actually found Tucker interesting when he was starting-out in the biz, and was cohosting "Cross Fire". At that time he came across as quite Libertarian, which I can respect. I thought he brought a good foil to the network.

I can't tell you the last time I watched it. Probably the night of the 2020 election (I flipped the channels a bit that night).

That's another CNN draw - John King's the best in the business! Steve Kornacky may be showing some skills & potential (and bundles of enthusiasm!). But IMO, nobody can tough King!

sounds like they just screwed up. My sister joined and she was annoyed that in order to watch any of their programming, she needed a cable provider. What is the point of the streaming service.

The most moronic thing is how pathetic right winger are and their hardon for CNN. Such pathetic losers

What?

No wonder it failed.

So it seems they were trying to promote added-content, via the app? That's what it sounds like, to me.

CNN needs to get Wallace into an anchor spot, ASAP. He's a prime talent, perfect for an anchor.
Wallace is too good for CNN. He'd be better at PBS or NPR.

That (bolded above) was precisely my point - there is no shortage of left-leaning ‘news’ sources. That is why attempting to add CNN+ (yet another left-leaning ‘news’ site) was not successful. That is also why Fox News does so well in the ratings - they have far less right-leaning ‘news’ competition.

I thought Fox might get squeezed by OANN & Newsmax, given the Trump take-over of the Party. But if anything, Fox is gaining viewers in recent time.

Wallace is too good for CNN. He'd be better at PBS or NPR.

No! Don't say that!

I still have a soft spot in my heart for CNN, so I'm hoping Wallace can restore some of the former grandeur.

But, you are right in that he would fit-in well at PBS or NPR. Maybe BBC America, too.

I thought Fox might get squeezed by OANN & Newsmax, given the Trump take-over of the Party. But if anything, Fox is gaining viewers in recent time.

That is not much in the way of competition. There are far more ‘news’ sources offering liberal confirmation bias than there are offering conservative confirmation bias - Fox News comfortably remains king of that (latter) hill.

That is not much in the way of competition. There are far more ‘news’ sources offering liberal confirmation bias than there are offering conservative confirmation bias - Fox News comfortably remains king of that (latter) hill.

Yes, but those two were going directly at Fox's market! Yet, Fox actually grew during the time period.

:rolleyes:....says the FauxNews viewer, without even a hint of recognition of the irony.
One of the outlets isn't hemorrhaging viewers.
One guess which.

Not being a demorat does not mean that one is a republicant. Believe it or not, there are alternatives for non-demorat identifying folks than being republicants.
Yeah I'm sure his unsourced claim is really making those distinctions.

What a dismal failure.

For better or worse, CNN is a dinosaur. An international cable news outlet, that specializes in current & live coverage. Both are dying markets.

I think they'd best stick to their core business, even though that niche is a receding one. It's what they do best, what they are known for. Their audience isn't looking for personality driven entertainment.

And get Chris Wallace into an anchor spot, for krissakes! They've got a prime talent in their niche business, in him. Don't let him languish.
I don't know. If they stuck with straight news reporting, I might still be watching them. But they chose to go full blown loon - a lane already fully occupied by MSNBC

Seems for the most part, their growth is in Democrats giving up on CNN and MSNBC. 41% of their audience is now Democrats.

In other words, he sold-out for the money?

BTW - I also find Brett Baeir's show pretty good. His panels can be excellent!
I used to watch faux. It took me longer than it should have to see what the seemingly moderate personalities were there to do.

Shocker. You would think a network with Don Lemon and Brian Stelter would attract a dedicated user base of paid users.
I figured it would be short lived. CNN just can't find their niche. They have some liberal reporters but they aren't downright partisan leftists spouting talking points, preaching to the choir, nor are they very intelligent partisans who present information in an interesting way that some might find refreshing or thought provoking.. They aren't hard nosed investigative journalists. They don't do any impressive real reporting outside of having some real talent on the ground in other countries reporting on disasters, wars, major events etc. There is just no compelling reason to watch anything on CNN that I've seen, regardless of your politics.

One of the outlets isn't hemorrhaging viewers.
One guess which.
:rolleyes:....DEFLECTION. Dumb, irrelevant response, @Bubba

So....when slapped in the face with your own LACK of insight....you try to change the subject.

Of course, I am quite sure that you and I (and everyone else)....fully comprehend that viewership RATINGS have ZERO to do with the IRONY of seeing FauxNews types like you criticizing CNN for having too many "wacko opinion personalities".

You're a FauxNews type, for Pete's sake! You LOVE Tucker....and Laura....and Hannity....etc. etc. That's a network that is ENTIRELY "dominated by wacko opinion personalities".

Clearly, you have no problem with "wacko opinion personalities"....as long as those "wacko opinion personalities" share your ignorant ideology. One of the outlets is ENTIRELY dominated by "wacko opinion personalities".

FauxNews is the #1 cable news network for a very simple reason. And we all know what that is. But that's like being the big fish in a small pond. Most people don't upon cable news for their news. FauxNews' ratings are dwarfed EVERY night, by the ratings of CBS, NBC and ABC news hours.

:rolleyes:....DEFLECTION. Dumb, irrelevant response, @Bubba

So....when slapped in the face with your own LACK of insight....you try to change the subject.

Of course, I am quite sure that you and I (and everyone else)....fully comprehend that viewership RATINGS have ZERO to do with the IRONY of seeing FauxNews types like you criticizing CNN for having too many "wacko opinion personalities".

You're a FauxNews type, for Pete's sake! You LOVE Tucker....and Laura....and Hannity....etc. etc. That's a network that is ENTIRELY "dominated by wacko opinion personalities".

Clearly, you have no problem with "wacko opinion personalities"....as long as those "wacko opinion personalities" share your ignorant ideology. One of the outlets is ENTIRELY dominated by "wacko opinion personalities".

FauxNews is the #1 cable news network for a very simple reason. And we all know what that is. But that's like being the big fish in a small pond. Most people don't upon cable news for their news. FauxNews' ratings are dwarfed EVERY night, by the ratings of CBS, NBC and ABC news hours.
We're talking about the pond. Your part of the pond has the wackos and less viewer appeal. That simple.

I used to watch faux. It took me longer than it should have to see what the seemingly moderate personalities were there to do.

I might agree.

Watching Juan Williams wade into the nonsense on "The Five" is truly cringe-worthy at times!

I might agree.

Watching Juan Williams wade into the nonsense on "The Five" is truly cringe-worthy at times!

Juan Williams is one (of many) mental midgets employed (as a contributor?) by Fox News. His basic argument (on most topics) is if you don’t like the proposed liberal solution then you simply don‘t see the problem as requiring a US federal government solution.

Applied to illegal immigration it means that people (from anywhere else) who are seeking better economic opportunity (who could argue that is not a problem that folks wish to rid themselves of?) should be considered to be valid US asylum seekers. Of course, that would apply to billions among the world’s population and making such a policy change (often called comprehensive immigration reform) would require admitting them all.

Back
Top Bottom