• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

CNN’s New Streaming Service Is Shutting Down Weeks After Rocky Launch

I am not surprised, terrible timing and questionable return even for the low price.

Fail is clearly a fail.
Sure, especially when you factor in their struggling viewership numbers. It seemed pretty clear that a subscription service was likely to face an uphill battle since you're asking people to pay a premium on content viewers aren't watching on linear where there is no direct cost for the service. I'm sure the recent merger will play a role here and where CNN+ ends up as part of that; I don't think it's going away altogether.

"Of the Americans who lean toward either party, 52% of U.S. adults identify as Democrats or lean toward the Democratic Party, while 60% of U.S. adult Twitter users say the same."

Translation: there was no shortage of ‘news’ outlets supplying liberal confirmation bias.

Shocker. You pretend to know how we think.

Nope, my point was that supply was already meeting demand, thus the attempted increase in supply failed.

You think CNN is leftist? 😃

You think CNN is leftist? 😃

Yes, most rating sites agree that CNN leans left.

Another problem was CNN’s recent ratings drop.

Yes, most rating sites agree that CNN leans left.

Another problem was CNN’s recent ratings drop.

I said leftist, not "leans left." Do try to keep up.

Oh my god please please please elaborate on how you perceive CNN+ as a "woke" business venture. WAIT. Give me five minutes, I gotta make popcorn.
Who do you think the target audience was for Don Lemon, Jemele Hill, Rex Chapman, and Brian Stelter?

This should be really good. Imma make some bourbon-glazed ribs while you work that one out.

Also, relevance?

He's admitting that ~40% of Twitter users are Republicans. The idea that Republicans are being silenced is, therefore, absurd.

I would say less than that. Independants, libertarians, ect.

So you don't know the difference between "leftist" and "leans left," and why it matters?

What matters is that CNN+ failed and CNN’s ratings are in the tank. Pointing out that CNN could go even farther left makes no difference at all.

I think that more than qualifies them as leftist.

In right-wing-o-sphere, anything to the left of Attila the Hun is "leftist." So your label means nothing. :)

What matters is that CNN+ failed and CNN’s ratings are in the tank. Pointing out that CNN could go even farther left makes no difference at all.

As has been explained multiple times, liberals and leftists don't just rely on CNN. Some of us don't rely on it at all.

I watched back then, too. However, things have changed a lot since then. Back then, it was debate about differing visions for the country. If you didn't agree with one of them, it was still interesting. Now, however, it isn't debate. One side is making up reality. I wouldn't watch that kind of cable show now.

I can't see Wallace doing the bolded, though.

What I would like to see him do, is add a principled Conservative perspective to the mélange.

Also, relevance?

He's admitting that ~40% of Twitter users are Republicans. The idea that Republicans are being silenced is, therefore, absurd.

Not being a demorat does not mean that one is a republicant. Believe it or not, there are alternatives for non-demorat identifying folks than being republicants.

It also looks like the new CNN head is looking to make CNN more news focused again rather than dominated by wacko opinion personalities.
:rolleyes:....says the FauxNews viewer, without even a hint of recognition of the irony.

Shocker. Liberals get their information from a variety of sources.

sounds like they just screwed up. My sister joined and she was annoyed that in order to watch any of their programming, she needed a cable provider. What is the point of the streaming service.

The most moronic thing is how pathetic right winger are and their hardon for CNN. Such pathetic losers

As has been explained multiple times, liberals and leftists don't just rely on CNN. Some of us don't rely on it at all.

That (bolded above) was precisely my point - there is no shortage of left-leaning ‘news’ sources. That is why attempting to add CNN+ (yet another left-leaning ‘news’ site) was not successful. That is also why Fox News does so well in the ratings - they have far less right-leaning ‘news’ competition.

Back
Top Bottom