• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

CNN’s Cuomo comes right out and admits it: ‘We couldn’t help Hillary any more than we

NonoBadDog

Hates Kittens
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Witness CNN’s Chris Cuomo, the man who called Trump campaign manager Paul Manafort a liar and debated Rudy Giuliani for 32 break-less minutes on the ridiculous liberal interpretation of Trump’s Second Amendment statement, wax eloquent during a 2014 segment during which he and another host were discussing Clinton’s potential entry into the race.
“It’s a problem because she’s doing what they call in politics “freezing pockets,” because the donors are giving her money thinking she’s going to run, that means they’re not going to have available money for other candidates if she doesn’t.” Cuomo said. “And I don’t think she’s going to give it to them. We couldn’t help her any more than we have, she’s got just a free ride so far from the media, we’re the biggest ones promoting her campaign, so it had better happen.

CNN’s Cuomo comes right out and admits it: ‘We couldn’t help Hillary any more than we have’ | BizPac Review

And there you have it. I couldn't have said it any better.

Last edited:
Re: CNN’s Cuomo comes right out and admits it: ‘We couldn’t help Hillary any more tha

Meanwhile, right wing media helps out right wing candidates.

TV news is the worst. The only way to get a decent sense of things is to read print media from both leans while keeping an eye out for credible (ie, backed up with links to credible sources) smaller independent online stuff. Preferably, also to argue on an active political debate board online.

Re: CNN’s Cuomo comes right out and admits it: ‘We couldn’t help Hillary any more tha

If this is the end of CNN being the Clinton News Network, fine. But I don't think it will be.

I don't either. I am just amazed that one of them accidentally told the truth.

I don't either. I am just amazed that one of them accidentally told the truth.

Quite an amazing and rare occurrence? I think you may have that right.

How old is this clip? They are talking about Hillary potentially running or not. I'm thinking this was taken out of context.

Quite an amazing and rare occurrence? I think you may have that right.

Something is banging CNN in the backside.
Fox News Channel had the best week among cable news networks for the week of May 16-22, but the big news is that MSNBC beat CNN in primetime for the second consecutive week.

MSNBC topped CNN in primetime viewers, ranking 17th among all of basic cable just ahead of CNN at No. 18, marking the latter’s lowest weekly ranking since January.

CNN averaged 752,000 viewers in primetime, its lowest weekly primetime average since the week of Jan. 18 while MSNBC averaged 775,000. MSNBC has now topped CNN in viewers in nine out of the last 14 days in primetime, including the day of the EgyptAir plane disappearance.
MSNBC Overtakes CNN as Fox News Dominates Primetime Cable News Ratings

Do you think they changed their minds or bias or actions? If you do then present it.

Take this situation for instance:
Secret Service spoke to Trump campaign about 2nd Amendment comment
Secret Service spoke to Trump campaign about 2nd Amendment comment - CNNPolitics.com

Oops, wasn't true:
Official: No formal Secret Service discussions with Trump camp on remark
A federal official on Wednesday said the U.S. Secret Service had not formally spoken with Republican Donald Trump's presidential campaign regarding his suggestion a day earlier that gun rights activists could stop Democratic rival Hillary Clinton from curtailing their access to firearms.
Official: No formal Secret Service discussions with Trump camp on remark | Reuters

CNN still hasn't changed their story.

Last edited:

Cuomo is just being sarcastic, like Donald Trump. Prove me wrong.

I don't have to prove you wrong. You are making the assertion, as stupid as it is. Prove you are right.

Do you think they changed their minds or bias or actions? If you do then present it.

Take this situation for instance:
Secret Service spoke to Trump campaign about 2nd Amendment comment
Secret Service spoke to Trump campaign about 2nd Amendment comment - CNNPolitics.com

Oops, wasn't true:
Official: No formal Secret Service discussions with Trump camp on remark

Official: No formal Secret Service discussions with Trump camp on remark | Reuters

CNN still hasn't changed their story.

Be that as it may, its it intellectually dishonest for the article you quoted in the opening post not to mention that the clip is 2 years old.

Moreover Trump's biggest problem is that he regularly makes offensive, bigoted, xenophobic, and or racist statements. The media doesn't force him to do this, he just does it.

I don't have to prove you wrong. You are making the assertion, as stupid as it is. Prove you are right.
a) He has a smirk on his face IMO. b) We don't have the full segment of the video segment to show the context. Then again, my argument is no more stupid than those dismissing Trump's recent inanities as deliberate media distortions.

a) He has a smirk on his face IMO. b) We don't have the full segment of the video segment to show the context. Then again, my argument is no more stupid than those dismissing Trump's recent inanities as deliberate media distortions.

That isn't proof, try again.

Be that as it may, its it intellectually dishonest for the article you quoted in the opening post not to mention that the clip is 2 years old.

Moreover Trump's biggest problem is that he regularly makes offensive, bigoted, xenophobic, and or racist statements. The media doesn't force him to do this, he just does it.

Actually, what the media does is fabricate, lie, and distort what Trump says. All proven by full transcript and details in complete context.

My guess is they know the candidate they will allow to be President is so flawed, their only choice is to publically commit journalistic suicide, as hinted they would do from the clip in the OP, dating from a few years ago.

The "but Trump" argument? Really? This thread isn't about Trump. I used articles that include Trump to provide a contrast. CNN still hasn't refuted all the other networks that state that the SS never had that conversation but I notice CNN's link is still up and the information hasn't changed.

That isn't proof, try again.
Exactly the way I feel about the verbal gymnastic explanations for Trump's "out of context" comments. You haven't proven anything with that video because the words themselves, though clear, have a defense. If not, then Trump's equally clear---and more numerous---comments should be taken at face value. For now, I think the reporter is smirking in sarcasm and is referring to something else in the full news segment that your obviously edited video has omitted. When, or if, I find the full video segment I'll post it, but until then your initial claim is suspect.

Exactly the way I feel about the verbal gymnastic explanations for Trump's "out of context" comments. You haven't proven anything with that video because the words themselves, though clear, have a defense. If not, then Trump's equally clear---and more numerous---comments should be taken at face value. For now, I think the reporter is smirking in sarcasm and is referring to something else in the full news segment that your obviously edited video has omitted. When, or if, I find the full video segment I'll post it, but until then your initial claim is suspect.

When have you seen me EVER post for Trump? Still not proof, try again. "But Trump" arguments don't fly and prove the video is edited.

When have you seen me EVER post for Trump? Still not proof, try again. "But Trump" arguments don't fly and prove the video is edited.
Fair enough on Trump. The video does begin in mid sentence---that is proof of editing of the full news segment. Second, I saw the news anchor smirk and I'm interpreting that as sarcasm or perhaps a joke. You have not proven that CNN is officially the Clinton News Network based on this video. Try again.

If this is the end of CNN being the Clinton News Network, fine. But I don't think it will be.

It will gain them viewers... Liberals like their pet media doing what they and their candidates can't do on their own...

Fair enough on Trump. The video does begin in mid sentence---that is proof of editing of the full news segment. Second, I saw the news anchor smirk and I'm interpreting that as sarcasm or perhaps a joke. You have not proven that CNN is officially the Clinton News Network based on this video. Try again.

The video and the links in post #9 are all the proof that I need.

The "but Trump" argument? Really? This thread isn't about Trump. I used articles that include Trump to provide a contrast. CNN still hasn't refuted all the other networks that state that the SS never had that conversation but I notice CNN's link is still up and the information hasn't changed.

Because all that has happened is Trump denied it. As he is quite literally a pathological liar and the most dishonest presidential candidate in American history, I think it would take more than a Trump denial to get an article taken down anymore.

Because all that has happened is Trump denied it. As he is quite literally a pathological liar and the most dishonest presidential candidate in American history, I think it would take more than a Trump denial to get an article taken down anymore.

And you carry on with more stuff about Trump, like this is about Trump. This is about Hillary but I guess any argument in a storm.

So mean words deserve more critical coverage than actual issues of corruption and abuse that follows Hillary like a flock of carrion birds?

Cuomo is just being sarcastic, like Donald Trump. Prove me wrong.

So are you saying that Trump is being sarcastic or are you being sarcastic and admitting that what Cuomo said is true?

Back
Top Bottom