• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Clyburn says S.C. Dem Senate candidate a 'plant'; calls for probe

Conyers is still trucking along, throwing things out there and praying that some of them stick:

Hackers must be behind Senate candidate Alvin Greene's victory in the South Carolina Democratic primary last week, Rep. James Clyburn claimed in an interview with Fox News on Tuesday. Trying to account for how a candidate who had no money and no campaign infrastructure was able to pull out a victory over a well-funded local lawmaker in a statewide race, the powerful South Carolina Democrat said the touch-screen voting machines used by the state are notoriously unreliable. Without citing evidence, Clyburn said the voting machines could have been compromised.

"I believe there was some hacking done into that computer," Clyburn told Fox News, suggesting that somebody at the state could have deliberately bought those machines so that the system would be vulnerable. South Carolina uses a machine called the iVotronic. "Maybe somebody wanted the machines that were easily hacked into ... We had no business with those machines in South Carolina," he said.

The State Election Commission rejected that theory on Tuesday. Chris Whitmire, spokesman for the commission, said the department has not detected even a hint of fraud or hacking in Tuesday's election and dismissed the charge that the system is not dependable.

So someone at the SC Election Commission purchased machines that could be easily hacked in order to throw the race to Alvin Greene? It gets better and better.

Re: Democrats increasingly convinced of election fraud in SC primaries

You know 10k < Attorney fees, right?

Depends on the charge, of course, and whether it's for a trial and so forth. 95% of all my cases are under that amount.

I haven't watched the daily show in a long time, but I was flipping channels after Always Sunny last night and came across this segment. I was pleasantly surprised.

edit: Here's the whole segment for anyone who's interested:

Video: Alvin Greene Wins South Carolina Primary | The Daily Show | Comedy Central

Excellent bit. And it did show nice balance for Stewart devoting some time to the Democrats. But notice he didn't miss the chance to spend the first couple of minute in the segment dressing down fox for covering the story. ;) (that part actually did seem a little forced...)

Don't think we have heard the last of the Alvin Green saga. That fella still has be scratchin' my head.....

ROTFLMFAO... This is too rich.

We have Sestak and Romanoff being offered jobs to get out of a race, then we have some unknown Democrat winning... who has nary a chance against DeMint, and they call for an investigation!

Hilarious.

What about an investigation about Sestak and Romanoff?

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
That doesn't matter. This need be investigated.

LOL... these Dems... and the sad thing is they're running the country.

What are they complaining about? There was no investigation into how John McCain became our candidate. There were alot of people surprised by that too. :)

Apparently SC has open primaries. Republicans would not be out of character to stuff democrat ballots.

Apparently SC has open primaries. Republicans would not be out of character to stuff democrat ballots.

The state has open primaries, which means Republican voters could have chosen to vote in the Democratic primary and gone for Greene. But then crossover voters couldn't have voted in a more-important four-way race for governor on the GOP ballot.

More than twice as many voters cast ballots in the GOP primary than in the Democratic contest, and vote totals show 19,000 voters selected a Democratic candidate for governor but skipped the U.S. Senate part of the ballot.

The Associated Press: Conspiracy theories no surprise in SC Senate race

Aside from this, there's not a hint of evidence that anyone, Republican or Democrat, had the slightest clue who this guy was before the election.

It shows me that the electorate is highly uninformed when voting.

I haven't watched the daily show in a long time, but I was flipping channels after Always Sunny last night and came across this segment. I was pleasantly surprised.

edit: Here's the whole segment for anyone who's interested:

Video: Alvin Greene Wins South Carolina Primary | The Daily Show | Comedy Central

They've been really going after the Democrats and the Obama administration, and Obama himself, this week. Hilarious stuff. They've taken to montages of Obama's campaign promises and how he's done exactly the opposite.

Don't think we have heard the last of the Alvin Green saga. That fella still has me scratchin' my head.....

Ohhhh, it ain't over yet! ;)

It is clear, too, in the course of the two hours I spend with Greene that he has some pretty wacky ideas that, were he to win in November, would put him among the more unpredictable members of the senate. At one point, he lurches off on his big idea for how to create jobs in South Carolina.

"Another thing we can do for jobs is make toys of me, especially for the holidays. Little dolls. Me. Like maybe little action dolls. Me in an army uniform, air force uniform, and me in my suit. They can make toys of me and my vehicle, especially for the holidays and Christmas for the kids. That's something that would create jobs. So you see I think out of the box like that. It's not something a typical person would bring up. That's something that could happen, that makes sense. It's not a joke." --The Guardian

I dunno. I'm laughing. :lamo

Back
Top Bottom