• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly.....[W:696:1188]

Re: Bundy questioned whether blacks were better off as slaves

Alan Keyes. Now there is a smart black man. They all hate him though because he thinks for himself and doesn't want to carry water for the Democrats.

Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’

I wonder if that is where all the ammo went...

As I prefaced my earlier post. "Would you have the intellectual honesty when proven wrong?"
Well, you have shown everyone that you do not.

Write as many irrational flailing's as you like, it's obvious to anyone reasonable that I proved you wrong.
I used the definition of racism that YOU provided and made the factual point, in the future, please don't call anyone unintelligent.
You lack the credentials.

Last edited:
Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’

Didn't read it anywhere, but it's obvious that he is not an educated person, educated people don't usually make openly racial disparaging comments like he did.

Donald Sterling???

Alan Keyes. Now there is a smart black man. They all hate him though because he thinks for himself and doesn't want to carry water for the Democrats.
In the 2000 SC primary debate with McCain and Bush, moderated by Larry King he walked all over them both. When Larry King asked him about racial profiling he said (paraphrasing):

It is not racial profiling when you know a certain segment of society is committing a disproportionate percentage of the crimes and I have no problem with cops who would pull me over because of it... instead I am angry with my community that they have done this to themselves.

He would have been the president to bring some racial harmony because he doesn't pull punches and he loves the country.

I wonder... why didn't the press go gaga over this black man? Ahhh right... he's a Conservative.

You're short stay here has illustrated your lack of intellectual honesty, so I think you've disqualified yourself as a judge.

And "Independent" as a lean???????? ROTFLOL... WTF type of joke is that?

I wonder... why didn't the press go gaga over this black man? Ahhh right... he's a Conservative.

Same reason they didn't go gaga over Allen West & Tim Scott. They don't like black men who don't know their place, apparently. You can only be a respectable black man if you hang with the cool Liberals.

Alan Keyes is wise. I used to love to watch him on CNN I think it was, years back. Love him.

Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’[W:

This is what happens when Libbos start trying to attach historical legitimacy to Liberalism...lol!

No, its what happens when people confuse democrats with liberals or republicans with conservatives..... The old south was full of conservatives and democrats and they were one and the same...

If you're going to accuse the media of liberal bias, why can't they just dislike his politics? I don't like Sarah Palin. Does that make me a misogynist?

If you're going to accuse the media of liberal bias, why can't they just dislike his politics? I don't like Sarah Palin. Does that make me a misogynist?

No clue why you posted this to me. Sarah Palin has nothing to do with what I said.

I dont recall Keyes being nominated.

You are right it is just a herd of cattle why should anyone be so upset about it in the first place? The militia folk were ready to start a revolution over those same cattle. And Cliven was all in the governments face about starting a range war over a herd of cattle.

No clue why you posted this to me. Sarah Palin has nothing to do with what I said.

You claimed that the media doesn't "go gaga" over black conservatives like Keyes because they dislike black men who "don't know their place," implying a form of racism on the part of the left. I wondered why the left is being accused of this when the alternative explanation is simply that they disagree with his politics. They don't like Keyes for the same reasons they don't like Gingrich or Huckabee. Why does his race even come into it?

I brought up Sarah Palin as a similar example that swaps racism for sexism. If I don't like Palin, is it because she doesn't know her place as a woman by hanging with the cool liberals? Or do I just think her positions are absurd?

I'm not a person who would accuse the liberal media of being racist against a black man.

That doesn't answer my question to mak, which made no sense with my post he quoted.

Poor Alan ...Always a bridesmaid ...Never a bride...

It doesn't answer my question to mak, Buck. I have no idea what the nomination thing was about. I never suggested that Keyes was nominated so I have no idea why his electoral history is relevant.

I'm not a person who would accuse the liberal media of being racist against a black man.

Apologies if I offended you, but I'm not sure what you were trying to say, then.

Back on the subject: I don't think Bundy is a malicious racist. He's just got a bad case of the stupids, no idea how to speak to a national audience, and is making the common mistake of glorifying the past while ignoring its flaws.

Comparing himself to Rosa Parks is really something, though. I almost feel bad for the guy, letting his own stupidity carry him out over his head like this.

It doesn't answer my question to mak, Buck. I have no idea what the nomination thing was about. I never suggested that Keyes was nominated so I have no idea why his electoral history is relevant.
I wouldn't presume to speak for mak ...but I think his point was that, as much as you love Keyes ... the American public doesn't.

I wouldn't presume to speak for mak ...but I think his point was that, as much as you love Keyes ... the American public doesn't.

Well, Buck, if that was mak's point, then he wasted in on me. That's a childish point that has no point.

You didn't offend me at all. Didn't mean for it to come across that way - sorry about that.

The liberal media discounted Keyes - just like they did Scott & West - because he isn't a liberal, and doesn't hang with the liberals. That isn't an accusation of racism (which PS I detest....it seems that everyone is a racist these days....and it's getting tiresome).

I agree 100% with your Bundy assessment. He's not too bright, but then again, he's nothing but a private citizen, so he can be as dumb as he wants.

Welcome to the board, BTW.

if he is such a great guy and all the other Republicna canditates were fatally flawed...
Nominated for what?

if he is such a great guy and all the other Republicna canditates were fatally flawed...

So I'm supposed to subscribe to groupthink, and not think someone is a good man because others did want him to be President (which PS, still has nothing to do with my post)?

You subscribe to groupthink. I don't.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…