• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Clinton's lead over Trump narrows to less than three points: Reuters/Ipsos poll

MickeyW

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton's lead over Republican rival Donald Trump narrowed to less than 3 percentage points, according to a Reuters/Ipsos opinion poll released on Friday, down from nearly eight points on Monday.

About 42 percent of likely voters favored Clinton, to Trump's 39 percent, according to the July 31-Aug. 4 online poll of 1,154 likely voters. The poll had a credibility interval of plus or minus 3 percentage points, meaning that the results suggest the race is roughly even.

Clinton's lead over Trump narrows to less than three points: Reuters/Ipsos poll | Reuters

Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton's lead over Republican rival Donald Trump narrowed to less than 3 percentage points, according to a Reuters/Ipsos opinion poll released on Friday, down from nearly eight points on Monday.

About 42 percent of likely voters favored Clinton, to Trump's 39 percent, according to the July 31-Aug. 4 online poll of 1,154 likely voters. The poll had a credibility interval of plus or minus 3 percentage points, meaning that the results suggest the race is roughly even.

Clinton's lead over Trump narrows to less than three points: Reuters/Ipsos poll | Reuters

What exactly is the point in talking about a 2 person poll when the election will feature 4 candidates. Johnson and Stein will get a significant portion of the vote probably somewhere around 12-15% combined. So pretty much any 2-way poll is meaningless.

What exactly is the point in talking about a 2 person poll when the election will feature 4 candidates. Johnson and Stein will get a significant portion of the vote probably somewhere around 12-15% combined. So pretty much any 2-way poll is meaningless.

ALSO polls are based on who turns out in previous elections.... TRUMP screaming its all RIGGED and then facts shows it REALLY IS... then the ones that stopped voting or never voted may vote this time and these would be ALL for TRUMP

As long as it hurts Hillary...ok......but I've always maintained, unless a 3rd party candidate is viable, it's a wasted vote. It's a noble gesture, but won't help any citizens in the long run. As I see it, it's a two person race.

ALSO polls are based on who turns out in previous elections.... TRUMP screaming its all RIGGED and then facts shows it REALLY IS... then the ones that stopped voting or never voted may vote this time and these would be ALL for TRUMP

Good deal.

After he gets his butt handed to him in November he'll be gone.

:lol:

Lets hope not as America wanted to be the leader of the free world but over the last eight years you have done a pretty lousy job of it, and with another four to eight years of Hillary pity help us, China is on the rise, how are you going to handle them?, the same way as you have been doing, and the list goes on, Trump reminds me of Reagan remember him and how he turned out well Trump will be the same, Hillary will not no matter how much you pray

Lets hope not as America wanted to be the leader of the free world but over the last eight years you have done a pretty lousy job of it, and with another four to eight years of Hillary pity help us, China is on the rise, how are you going to handle them?, the same way as you have been doing, and the list goes on, Trump reminds me of Reagan remember him and how he turned out well Trump will be the same, Hillary will not no matter how much you pray

I remember Reagan...and Trump is no Reagan. :lol:

Trump's ability to be President in the present reminds me of how Reagan would fare as President in the present. And considering that Reagan is dead, that should give you a good idea as to how Trump would fare.

Compare Trump's one good poll numbers with the 43 polls since Aug. 1, that favor Hillary. What are we to make of a 1:43 ratio in polling?

Look how much significance you're giving this one poll. Now multiply that by 43 times. That is the Clinton lead.

RealClearPolitics - 2016 Latest Polls

Compare Trump's one good poll numbers with the 43 polls since Aug. 1, that favor Hillary. What are we to make of a 1:43 ratio in polling?

Look how much significance you're giving this one poll. Now multiply that by 43 times. That is the Clinton lead.

This is what is called an OUTLIER.

Obama's favorability ratings are a good indication as to who will win in November...imo.

Polling Data

PollDateSampleMoEClinton (D)Trump (R)Spread
RCP Average
7/29 - 8/5----47.340.4Clinton +6.9
IBD/TIPP7/29 - 8/4851 RV3.44639Clinton +7
LA Times/USC7/30 - 8/52205 LV--4544Clinton +1
McClatchy/Marist8/1 - 8/3983 RV3.14833Clinton +15
NBC News/Wall St. Jrnl7/31 - 8/3800 RV3.54738Clinton +9
FOX News7/31 - 8/21022 RV3.04939Clinton +10
Reuters/Ipsos7/30 - 8/31072 LV3.54339Clinton +4
Economist/YouGov7/30 - 8/1933 RV4.14643Clinton +3
CBS News7/29 - 7/311131 RV3.04741Clinton +6
CNN/ORC7/29 - 7/31894 RV3.55243Clinton +9
PPP (D)7/29 - 7/301276 LV2.75045Clinton +5

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...s/general_election_trump_vs_clinton-5491.html

you mean pretend facts show that

todays recreate reality post.....thank you for the entertainment

Lets hope not as America wanted to be the leader of the free world but over the last eight years you have done a pretty lousy job of it, and with another four to eight years of Hillary pity help us, China is on the rise, how are you going to handle them?, the same way as you have been doing, and the list goes on, Trump reminds me of Reagan remember him and how he turned out well
Trump will be the same,
Hillary will not no matter how much you pray

The only way that Trump will ever see the inside of the White House is as a guest.

Wait and see.

"Better days are coming." ~ But not for today's out of touch,running out of time,GOP.

After he gets his butt handed to him in November he'll be gone.

:lol:

Gone where? Off to making more millions?

Agreed. He reminds me of Reagan also in the fact that he takes it to the Demos. The difference is that Ronnie made them look like the fools they are and embarrassed them..........and Donald makes them look the fools they are and pisses them off! Either way, it's a good outcome. ;)

I remember Reagan...and Trump is no Reagan. :lol:

No he isn't.....he's Trump, but he reminds us of Reagan when he talks to the Demos. And he illicites the same rhetoric from the Left. To wit: Can't be Trusted with the Nuclear Codes! I laughed my ass off back in 1980 over that statement, and I'm laughing at it today!

Trump's ability to be President in the present reminds me of how Reagan would fare as President in the present. And considering that Reagan is dead, that should give you a good idea as to how Trump would fare.

Ronnie could rule from the grave better than obama or hillary . That should give you an idea of what I think about any Demo!

Hmmmm....Reagan was not favored to win either.....just before his landslide win.

This is what is called an OUTLIER.

And outliers have broken the bank in Vegas too.

Obama's favorability ratings are a good indication as to who will win in November...imo.

Anyone who favors obama is a dope!

Polling Data

Polls are subjective.....but anything within 3% or less is a dead heat.....I'll go with the LA Times poll. ;)

The only way that Trump will ever see the inside of the White House is as a guest.

Wait and see.

"Better days are coming." ~ But not for today's out of touch,running out of time,GOP.

We will all ......wait and see.

Hmmmm....Reagan was not favored to win either.....just before his landslide win.

And outliers have broken the bank in Vegas too.

Anyone who favors obama is a dope!

Polls are subjective.....but anything within 3% or less is a dead heat.....I'll go with the LA Times poll. ;)

We will all ......wait and see.

calling people a dope sure is going to win a lot of arguments

calling people a dope sure is going to win a lot of arguments

I'm under no illusion of winning an argument with a liberal. I gave up on that folly years ago....when I realized they were partisan dopes to the max. No logic or morals, just all emotion and fairy dust in their heads. They prove me right....daily.

Just on immigration, abortions and the gun issues, shows me what dopes they are. So I just say it straight, like Trump and they can deal with it or reject it. Free country and all....................so far.

I'm under no illusion of winning an argument with a liberal. I gave up on that folly years ago....when I realized they were partisan dopes to the max. No logic or morals, just all emotion and fairy dust in their heads. They prove me right....daily.

Just on immigration, abortions and the gun issues, shows me what dopes they are. So I just say it straight, like Trump and they can deal with it or reject it. Free country and all....................so far.

I am no liberal, I just prefer honesty. your posts get proven wrong time and time again and yet you continue to post such stuff.

I am no liberal, I just prefer honesty. your posts get proven wrong time and time again and yet you continue to post such stuff.

is it honest to over look the massive debt that the liberals have brought that will make america fall when that pressure runs off the wise and healthy

is it honest to over look the massive debt that the liberals have brought that will make america fall when that pressure runs off the wise and healthy

the debt has been discussed on here ad naseum and you still dont get it.

the debt has been discussed on here ad naseum and you still dont get it.

do you know what happened to rhodesia and south africa when their voters IQ's dropped??

americas voter IQ is at record lows and dropping each and every day because of liberalism.. the media and entertainment needing more people to addict for their money but in time the nation falls

Back
Top Bottom