• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Clintons are reported to be livid at comparisons to Weiner/Abedin

Wehrwolfen

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
The Clintons are reported to be livid at comparisons to Weiner/Abedin (and who knows what “livid” means, anyway?)

by neo-neocon
July 29, 2013

“The Clintons are upset with the comparisons that the Weiners seem to be encouraging — that Huma is ‘standing by her man’ the way Hillary did with Bill, which is not what she in fact did,’’ said a top state Democrat…

A longtime Hillary aide and Clinton friend, Abedin’s surprisingly unequivocal support of her husband after his bombshell admission Tuesday that he engaged in salacious online sexting well after he resigned in disgrace from Congress in 2011 left the Clintons stunned, continued the source.

What an odd notion, if true. Why would the Clintons of all people, be stunned? Surely they are aware that politicians can get into political trouble for infidelities of various sorts and make promises to spouse and/or the general public that it won’t happen again, and then fail to live up to those promises, get caught, and have to face some sort of consequences? And disclaimers aside, surely they know that even the most capable of political wives can wind up performing ye olde “Stand By Your Man” routine? Although in the immortal words of Hillary herself (and by the way, for those who forget what a pretty woman Clinton was twenty years ago, this might serve as a reminder):

[Excerpt]

Read more:
Clintons | Weiner | Abedin

Weiner is no Clinton.

The Clintons are reported to be livid at comparisons to Weiner/Abedin (and who knows what “livid” means, anyway?)

by neo-neocon
July 29, 2013

“The Clintons are upset with the comparisons that the Weiners seem to be encouraging — that Huma is ‘standing by her man’ the way Hillary did with Bill, which is not what she in fact did,’’ said a top state Democrat…

A longtime Hillary aide and Clinton friend, Abedin’s surprisingly unequivocal support of her husband after his bombshell admission Tuesday that he engaged in salacious online sexting well after he resigned in disgrace from Congress in 2011 left the Clintons stunned, continued the source.

What an odd notion, if true. Why would the Clintons of all people, be stunned? Surely they are aware that politicians can get into political trouble for infidelities of various sorts and make promises to spouse and/or the general public that it won’t happen again, and then fail to live up to those promises, get caught, and have to face some sort of consequences? And disclaimers aside, surely they know that even the most capable of political wives can wind up performing ye olde “Stand By Your Man” routine? Although in the immortal words of Hillary herself (and by the way, for those who forget what a pretty woman Clinton was twenty years ago, this might serve as a reminder):

[Excerpt]

Read more:
Clintons | Weiner | Abedin

Weiner is no Clinton.

Weiner isn't even a weiner.

I doubt it's true. But it makes for interesting reading.

Am I the only one who would like to see the name Clinton retired from the political industry? Bush too.

No more Clinton's or Bush's.

Bill and Hillary should take a lesson from ol' Dubya. Fade away.....

Quietly.

StillBallin75;1062121108[QUOTE said:
]Everyone knows what "livid" means....
[/QUOTE]

I'll bet a dollar to a donut that some people living in New Guinea have no idea what it means.

I'll also bet that they don't care.

Uh...everyone?

Livid-past tense of to live as in "I used to livid in dat house but I moved."

or

Noun-the bad stuff in your blood from eating too much fried food as in

"The doctors says my livid count is up so I can't go to yo' fish fry this week."

Who really gives a fat rat's ass what the Clinton's think?

Am I the only one who would like to see the name Clinton retired from the political industry? Bush too.

No more Clinton's or Bush's.

Bill and Hillary should take a lesson from ol' Dubya. Fade away.....

Quietly.

I would add Kennedy's to that list too. I don't like the idea of "ruling class political families" where people are brought into power/wealth/office because of their family's name.

Livid-past tense of to live as in "I used to livid in dat house but I moved."

or

Noun-the bad stuff in your blood from eating too much fried food as in

"The doctors says my livid count is up so I can't go to yo' fish fry this week."

Nice play on words. I'm sure that a lot College grads would agree with your usage of the word.

I would add Kennedy's to that list too. I don't like the idea of "ruling class political families" where people are brought into power/wealth/office because of their family's name.

I'll second that!

Back
Top Bottom