• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Clinton-Warren

calamity

Privileged
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
After seeing the two of them together and watching Liz hammer the Donald, I believe this is definitely the winning ticket. Those two will bury Trump and whichever WWE celeb he throws to the wolves er, chooses as a running mate.

And, better yet, Liz will be probably be a shoe-in for president in 2024. Sucks to be in the GOP. Really sucks.

After seeing the two of them together and watching Liz hammer the Donald, I believe this is definitely the winning ticket. Those two will bury Trump and whichever WWE celeb he throws to the wolves er, chooses as a running mate.

And, better yet, Liz will be probably be a shoe-in for president in 2024. Sucks to be in the GOP. Really sucks.

Too bad they cant keep Warren and dump Hillary.

She will not pick Warren for VP, her Wall Street donors have already threatened to pull funding and support if she does so.

She will not pick Warren for VP, her Wall Street donors have already threatened to pull funding and support if she does so.

Sanders Warren would have been the ideal ticket for the Democrats. I think its funny that the Democrats back Hillary given that she truly represents the Big Banks and wall street, all the things liberal democrats hate.

LOL Credible link to that fantasy please. Warren has said that she want to remain in the Senate.

I can't see her picking Warren for the very simple fact that she's a woman ---- Hillary wants the "first woman to..." accolades for herself.

I could be wrong, though... Hillary might feel like she needs Warren to win. It seems to me like the left likes Warren more than Hillary.

Yeah, we can already see the effect of all those speaking 'fees'. I'd expect little else from Hillary should she become POTUS.
More to worry is the long list of foreign powers, foreign business and government leaders (of questionable intent to the US), who have 'donated' to the Clinton foundation. They'll be pulling the same thing on Hillary should she be POTUS.

I can't see her picking Warren for the very simple fact that she's a woman ---- Hillary wants the "first woman to..." accolades for herself.

I could be wrong, though... Hillary might feel like she needs Warren to win. It seems to me like the left likes Warren more than Hillary.

Hillary with her already high negatives. Warren carrying forward Bernie's message and platform, a winning combination? I'm finding that hard to believe.

I'm sure there are people already in Clinton's camp who are excited about a Warren running mate. However, as a radical progressive, I don't think Independents will be as excited as needed.

Add in Hilary's Wall Street obligations, and it may not be the dream ticket those on the far left believe it is.

Of course, there is the two alpha female component that could get complicated.

She won't need them if she pulls in Liz. Dream ticket.

The only question is will Hillary's ego allow her to share the stage like that. I tend to doubt it, but I could be wrong.

For personal reasons I think it would be great just for entertainment. However, I'm afraid Warren would scare away those conservatives who had actually managed to get as far as "Geez, even Clinton would be better than Trump."

I'm sure there are people already in Clinton's camp who are excited about a Warren running mate. However, as a radical progressive, I don't think Independents will be as excited as needed.

Add in Hilary's Wall Street obligations, and it may not be the dream ticket those on the far left believe it is.

It's definitely further Left than the current administration, but with Hill as a Centrist, Liz's Liberal credentials will bring out the Bernie bots who might otherwise stay home.

The second alpha dog could pose issues unless Hill is more secure than the media portrays her. IMO, if she is for real, she should choose Warren. Warren is the party's star.

For personal reasons I think it would be great just for entertainment. However, I'm afraid Warren would scare away those conservatives who had actually managed to get as far as "Geez, even Clinton would be better than Trump."
She can live with them voting Johnson. Probably more important is to unite her party. Warren does that.

She can live with them voting Johnson. Probably more important is to unite her party. Warren does that.

Yes, there is definitely that. For entirely practical considerations, though, I just don't see Warren giving up what is essentially eternal power in the Senate for the vice presidency (and that's assuming Clinton's ego would even permit that). All of the political geek talking heads agree.

Yes, there is definitely that. For entirely practical considerations, though, I just don't see Warren giving up what is essentially eternal power in the Senate for the vice presidency (and that's assuming Clinton's ego would even permit that). All of the political geek talking heads agree.

If Warren wants her legacy and integrity intact she will stay as far away from Hillary as possible. Endorsement I get, she is a democrat, but anything more would be bad news.

It's definitely further Left than the current administration, but with Hill as a Centrist, Liz's Liberal credentials will bring out the Bernie bots who might otherwise stay home.

The second alpha dog could pose issues unless Hill is more secure than the media portrays her. IMO, if she is for real, she should choose Warren. Warren is the party's star.

I don't get the impression that a significant portion of voters view Clinton as a Centrist. It's apparent the far left views her that way, but I believe they are already in her camp.

Adding an even greater Nanny State big government element to a ticket in an environment where the general sentiment is anger at the government is going to be a challenge to sell.

I would like to see Warren on the ticket, as I think her far left big government intrusion in every day life agenda would be easy to exploit. IMO, I don't see Hilary being willing to share the spotlight with someone who craves it just as much.

If Warren wants her legacy and integrity intact she will stay as far away from Hillary as possible. Endorsement I get, she is a democrat, but anything more would be bad news.

Risky...but, she may lend some legitimacy to Clinton. And, Warren has enough political capital to hold Hillary to a higher standard. She's not Al Gore.

I'm something of an "independent", and I have a love/hate relationship with Warren. There are times that she says the right thing and rails against things that should be railed against. That's when I love her. Then she sprinkles in business-as-usual partisan crap, and that's when she loses me.

I believe she would help the ticket, and am getting past my initial thoughts that she wouldn't be chosen due to redundancy in politics and geography, but as far as changing things (if even possible) she'd be more effective staying in the Senate. I almost feel that if she were chosen as VP running mate, the reason would be two-fold... 1) to gain progressive support, and 2) render her ineffective in many of her stances that fly against big-government Hillary.

I'm something of an "independent", and I have a love/hate relationship with Warren. There are times that she says the right thing and rails against things that should be railed against. That's when I love her. Then she sprinkles in business-as-usual partisan crap, and that's when she loses me.

I believe she would help the ticket, and am getting past my initial thoughts that she wouldn't be chosen due to redundancy in politics and geography, but as far as changing things (if even possible) she'd be more effective staying in the Senate. I almost feel that if she were chosen as VP running mate, the reason would be two-fold... 1) to gain progressive support, and 2) render her ineffective in many of her stances that fly against big-government Hillary.

You have a point. Full disclosure, I'm vehemently opposed to Progressivism, so Warren offers nothing positive to me individually.

The key to either camp is support from Independents, and as challenging as it will be for them to pick between the two camps, I believe an even bigger Big Government agenda will be a difficult sell in today's environment.

Faith in government is really low, and a "vote for us for an even bigger government" would seem to fly against the tide.

Clinton-Warren

probably a bad idea if she wants to win, unfortunately. Massachusetts is not in play. Clinton needs someone very likable who shores up her negatives, and preferably from a swing state like Ohio or Florida.

There's a bunch of things for Shillary to consider in making the decision to Warren or not to Warren, but it appears that it mostly comes down to whether or not Shillary decides to Wall Street or not to Wall Street.

I agree, when it comes to Capitalism and the corrupt Bank, Wall Street and the insane wealth disparity I love Warren, but when she tows the company line of big government and the liberal globalist agenda she loses me too.

I could see your 1 & 2 being the reasons Shillary might pick her. But to many #2 is apparent, makes Warren look like a sell out, and thus undermines #1. Warren will be seen as going to the dark side rather than brightening up the D ticket. It's the kind of idea the dnc thinks would work and jumps into head first, only to backfire because they forgot that their secret is out, they're a bunch of transparent corporate sell outs.

There's a bunch of things for Shillary to consider in making the decision to Warren or not to Warren, but it appears that it mostly comes down to whether or not Shillary decides to Wall Street or not to Wall Street.

Doesn't anyone have 401K's anymore? It seems to me that demonizing Wall Street is like shooting yourself in the foot. The problem with Wall Street is the tax structure that is encouraging the risky behavior. Let's start by making capital gains taxed like all other income and see if that keeps them in line. We can have a $10,000 or even a $50,000 deductible so it doesn't hit ordinary folks. I'm tired of billionaires paying lower tax rates than the middle class.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom