• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Clinton-Warren

Warren is really popular...until you peel back the facade. Rich former republican lies about being a Native American to curry advantage and now trashes wealthy in the name of populism. The most comical and probably effective tactic Trump could employ against Warren would be to pit her against Hillary. Hell...Trump shouldnt even utter her name...he should just run Warren comments against Hillary and Wall Street.

Doesn't anyone have 401K's anymore? It seems to me that demonizing Wall Street is like shooting yourself in the foot. The problem with Wall Street is the tax structure that is encouraging the risky behavior. Let's start by making capital gains taxed like all other income and see if that keeps them in line. We can have a $10,000 or even a $50,000 deductible so it doesn't hit ordinary folks. I'm tired of billionaires paying lower tax rates than the middle class.

If anything the people that are the actual producers of goods and service providers should be taxed less than the people that do nothing but invest. We need to put an end to corporate welfare and off shore tax havens as well. I don't believe businesses should pay taxes but the owners and CEO's etc that are pulling insane amounts of capital from these businesses should be taxed on that money.

Warren is really popular...until you peel back the facade. Rich former republican lies about being a Native American to curry advantage and now trashes wealthy in the name of populism. The most comical and probably effective tactic Trump could employ against Warren would be to pit her against Hillary. Hell...Trump shouldnt even utter her name...he should just run Warren comments against Hillary and Wall Street.

That is a great idea!

Doesn't anyone have 401K's anymore? It seems to me that demonizing Wall Street is like shooting yourself in the foot. The problem with Wall Street is the tax structure that is encouraging the risky behavior. Let's start by making capital gains taxed like all other income and see if that keeps them in line. We can have a $10,000 or even a $50,000 deductible so it doesn't hit ordinary folks. I'm tired of billionaires paying lower tax rates than the middle class.

Most of us have 401Ks, and also know that won't be enough, even if social security survives long enough that we can benefit from what we paid into it and you add that to it. The tax structure is a symptom though, not the problem. It needs fixing sure, but it's broken because wall street types have paid to have it broken, and continue to pay to keep it broken. Fix the tax code and stop there, and in 5, 10, 15, or 20 years it will be broken all over again, because that's one of the best way to boost profits if you have the kind of money needed to influence politics.

EDIT*****

It's not fair to blame JUST Wall Street. It's those in the big business and the corporate world that use this as a means to drive profits higher and higher.

Most of us have 401Ks, and also know that won't be enough, even if social security survives long enough that we can benefit from what we paid into it and you add that to it. The tax structure is a symptom though, not the problem. It needs fixing sure, but it's broken because wall street types have paid to have it broken, and continue to pay to keep it broken. Fix the tax code and stop there, and in 5, 10, 15, or 20 years it will be broken all over again, because that's one of the best way to boost profits if you have the kind of money needed to influence politics.

EDIT*****

It's not fair to blame JUST Wall Street. It's those in the big business and the corporate world that use this as a means to drive profits higher and higher.

I'm not sure what to think about all of that just yet. But, I do know one thing. This country would be better off with Clinton-Warren than Trump and whoever. That I am sure of.

After seeing the two of them together and watching Liz hammer the Donald, I believe this is definitely the winning ticket. Those two will bury Trump and whichever WWE celeb he throws to the wolves er, chooses as a running mate.

And, better yet, Liz will be probably be a shoe-in for president in 2024. Sucks to be in the GOP. Really sucks.

I admire and respect Warren, and I understand that politics makes strange bedfellows, but her actions in support of Clinton have lowered my opinion of her. If she sleeps with the dogs she is going to pick up some fleas.

Not a good choice, no.

After seeing the two of them together and watching Liz hammer the Donald, I believe this is definitely the winning ticket. Those two will bury Trump and whichever WWE celeb he throws to the wolves er, chooses as a running mate.

And, better yet, Liz will be probably be a shoe-in for president in 2024. Sucks to be in the GOP. Really sucks.

I doubt that it will happen... Dems. love them some identity politics and Warren brings the exact same "identity" that Hillary does. Look for them to choose someone who is black, Hispanic and/or homosexual.

Sanders Warren would have been the ideal ticket for the Democrats. I think its funny that the Democrats back Hillary given that she truly represents the Big Banks and wall street, all the things liberal democrats hate.

Yep.. Old school, rich white guy (gal). Status quo. Business as usual. 1%er. Hillary hits the trifecta of what liberals hate. But she's a woman and that outweighs all the negatives.

There's a bunch of things for Shillary to consider in making the decision to Warren or not to Warren, but it appears that it mostly comes down to whether or not Shillary decides to Wall Street or not to Wall Street.

I thought that 'Shillary' had already been Wall Streeted -Wall Street Threatens Clinton Over Warren - and that Warren isn't going to be permitted.

I thought that 'Shillary' had already been Wall Streeted -Wall Street Threatens Clinton Over Warren - and that Warren isn't going to be permitted.

Wall street made their conditions clear, but it's possible still that they could be ignored, money be damned. In the name of fairness, we should wait until Shillary does what we all know she will do before we criticize her for it too severely.

Wall street made their conditions clear, but it's possible still that they could be ignored, money be damned. In the name of fairness, we should wait until Shillary does what we all know she will do before we criticize her for it too severely.

Hill can count her lucky stars it was Bernie who ran against her and not Liz. Ditto for the general. She should thank Jesus it's Donald instead of John.

I doubt that it will happen... Dems. love them some identity politics and Warren brings the exact same "identity" that Hillary does. Look for them to choose someone who is black, Hispanic and/or homosexual.

Hollary has the third one covered.

I can't see her picking Warren for the very simple fact that she's a woman ---- Hillary wants the "first woman to..." accolades for herself.

I could be wrong, though... Hillary might feel like she needs Warren to win. It seems to me like the left likes Warren more than Hillary.

I sure as hell do. But I'd hate to see her in such a useless role as Veep. I'd much rather see her as Attorney General.

My money is on Sherrod Brown.

IMG_8414.jpg

I'll never vote for either.

I admire and respect Warren, and I understand that politics makes strange bedfellows, but her actions in support of Clinton have lowered my opinion of her. If she sleeps with the dogs she is going to pick up some fleas.

Bingo! Bingo! Bingo! My sentiments exactly.

Watch out for what you wish for. Warren is 68 and Clinton is 67. Next in line for President would be Paul Ryan and Orrin Hatch.

LOL, what does Warren bring to the ticket? another anti male NE leftist who whines about the rich while using her office to get wealthy. You really think the Democrats can keep the white house for 20 straight years? Sucks to be in America if you are right but that ticket would probably permanently alienate men (who have a pair) from the increasingly feminized Democrat party

what libertarian values does Fauxchontas have? she's another statist who uses her office to get rich while bashing the rich. the worst kind of hypocrite there is

Clintons? Money be damned? Are we talking about the same Clintons? Don't know anyone else that pimped out the Lincoln bedroom for money. Do you?

If there's anyone that has already earned severe criticism, It'd be Bill and Hill. $250K for a single speech isn't a speaking fee.

Clinton is using Warren as a means to lure Warrens gullible supporters to her side. She will never choose her for VP. She just wants you to think she might.

LOL, what does Warren bring to the ticket? another anti male NE leftist who whines about the rich while using her office to get wealthy. You really think the Democrats can keep the white house for 20 straight years? Sucks to be in America if you are right but that ticket would probably permanently alienate men (who have a pair) from the increasingly feminized Democrat party

I love the "real men won't vote for Hillary" trope. I'm sure it sells well wherever ads are painted on cave walls.

Clinton is using Warren as a means to lure Warrens gullible supporters to her side. She will never choose her for VP. She just wants you to think she might.

Definitely, it's an attempt to pull in the Berniebots.

Back
Top Bottom