• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Clinton University Problem: Laureate Education Lawsuits Present Problem For Clinton

Re: Clinton University Problem: Laureate Education Lawsuits Present Problem For Clint

And nobody in the matter has been convicted of fraud. If that standard works for Hillary, and quite a few here have argued it, then the same applies to Trump.

... Is Hillary being taken to court over any of this... or...? The Trump issue is entirely different. It's his rabidly racist remarks about a judge whose parents happen to be Mexican. Call me when Hillary is in court for any of this? K thanks.

Re: Clinton University Problem: Laureate Education Lawsuits Present Problem For Clint

Which is again irrelevant.

Lmao, Clinton wasn't running the university. How the hell can it be irrelevant?

And nobody in the matter has been convicted of fraud.

Not yet.

If that standard works for Hillary, and quite a few here have argued it, then the same applies to Trump.

What standard? You created it. Hillary isn't in court for any of this.

Lmao, bubba, you still have no idea who I am or what I do for a living while I'm still laughing at you trying to appeal to authority as if anything which has been stated is incorrect:

1. There is no Clinton University.
2. A conflict of interest =/= fraud.

Actually according to this article there is.

https://www.clintonfoundation.org/cl...out/about-cgiu

I wasn't aware of it either, but it makes me wonder is cgiu is an actual university or just part of a name.

It's of some importance because one of the allegations against Trump University is that it is not an actual university.

Laureate is a group of universities and BJ Clinton hawked their wares for 4 years at 4 million/year.

Played correctly, this negates any Trump problem with his school.

... Is Hillary being taken to court over any of this... or...? The Trump issue is entirely different. It's his rabidly racist remarks about a judge whose parents happen to be Mexican. Call me when Hillary is in court for any of this? K thanks.

Is Trump under criminal investigation by the FBI? No? Huh. Trump's remarks about the judge in his case have no bearing on the case itself. This is about Bill's association with an apparently similarly ethically challenged educational institution. Try to focus. I know it's hard, but try anyway.

Lmao, Clinton wasn't running the university. How the hell can it be irrelevant?

Neither was Trump.

So my statement remains correct.

What standard? You created it. Hillary isn't in court for any of this.

I didn't create a thing. The standard is presumed innocence until proven guilty. That doesn't mean the person is in fact innocent. As I have mentioned here before, just because Al Capone was convicted of tax fraud doesn't mean he wasn't guilty of perhaps some other things.

Actually according to this article there is.

https://www.clintonfoundation.org/cl...out/about-cgiu

I wasn't aware of it either, but it makes me wonder is cgiu is an actual university or just part of a name.

Hopefully, you'll realize we're talking about two different things.

It's of some importance because one of the allegations against Trump University is that it is not an actual university.

This... is not the place... being... discussed... in the article...

Laureate is a group of universities and BJ Clinton hawked their wares for 4 years at 4 million/year.

Played correctly, this negates any Trump problem with his school.

Lmao, one alleged conflict of interest negates Trump defrauding people?

I didn't create a thing. The standard is presumed innocence until proven guilty. That doesn't mean the person is in fact innocent. As I have mentioned here before, just because Al Capone was convicted of tax fraud doesn't mean he wasn't guilty of perhaps some other things.

Trump... founded the university... and it belongs to him. How wasn't he running it? If you're going to be this dishonest, please stop.

So my statement remains correct.

It is correct in that he hasn't been convicted. It's incorrect in that it's comparable to Hillary's situation.

Yesterday he tried that with me, but his "authority" was Alex Jones, of "shape-shifting-lizard-people-are-trying-to-take-over-the-human-race-by-turning-all-our-kids-gay" fame.

No No No ... it was World Net Daily.

Lmao, Clinton wasn't running the university. How the hell can it be irrelevant?.

Neither was Trump.

Trump... founded the university... and it belongs to him. How wasn't he running it? If you're going to be this dishonest, please stop.

Yes, just as I'm absolutely certain the DuPonts run DuPont. You ever get out much?

It is correct in that he hasn't been convicted. It's incorrect in that it's comparable to Hillary's situation.

Sure it is. Hillary's under criminal investigation. We can't pronounce her guilty of anything yet. Trump is in court for possible fraud. We can't pronounce him guilty of fraud yet either. You assume Hillary is innocent and Trump is guilty out of partisan fealty.

I forgot to add the obligatory :lamo

Hopefully, you'll realize we're talking about two different things.

This... is not the place... being... discussed... in the article...

Lmao, one alleged conflict of interest negates Trump defrauding people?

Did you bother reading the article, or even the OP?

No No No ... it was World Net Daily.

You mispelled nut.

Yes, just as I'm absolutely certain the DuPonts run DuPont. You ever get out much?

Lmao, Trump owned 93% of the company and handpicked all of its professors. Are you serious?

Sure it is. Hillary's under criminal investigation.

For an entirely different issue. Please, stop it. You're embarrassing yourself.

Lmao, Trump owned 93% of the company and handpicked all of its professors. Are you serious?

None of which means he ran the place, except in your mind. And here's the :lamo thing. Next you're gonna tell me he taught in the place, made out payroll, and swept the floors.

For an entirely different issue. Please, stop it. You're embarrassing yourself.
[/QUOTE]

I was busily embarrassing you for you lack of clarity. You can continue. I'm enjoying it. The standards of jurisprudence are the same for all. One doesn't assume guilt until it's proven. Trump's hasn't been proven, and neither has Hillary's. It's really simple unless you have some kind of condition that prevents admitting such things the rest of the country recognizes.

None of which means he ran the place, except in your mind.

Weird, at how many places can the owner handpick the staff, and then claim he doesn't run the place? Lmao.

was busily embarrassing you for you lack of clarity. You can continue. I'm enjoying it. The standards of jurisprudence are the same for all. One doesn't assume guilt until it's proven. Trump's hasn't been proven, and neither has Hillary's. It's really simple unless you have some kind of condition that prevents admitting such things the rest of the country recognizes.

Lmao, who is comparing the two based on jurisprudence? You stated their situations were the same. I said they weren't. Hillary is not on trial for fraud. Trump is.

Weird, at how many places can the owner handpick the staff, and then claim he doesn't run the place? Lmao.

I hand picked my construction crew. I didn't run the construction operation. That's why I hand picked the people I did. I was busy doing other things secure in the knowledge that my staff was capable of doing that themselves.

Lmao, who is comparing the two based on jurisprudence? You stated their situations were the same. I said they weren't. Hillary is not on trial for fraud. Trump is.

Neither Trump nor Hillary is guilty of anything at this point, and therefore in the eyes of the law both Trump and Hillary are presumed innocent. I have to ask if you have any of your ass left. You've been laughing it off for a good while now, so I can only assume at some point you will be completely assless.

I hand picked my construction crew. I didn't run the construction operation.

Sigh, what a fail. Specific projects by this university are not in question. Do you understand why this place is even on trial?

Neither Trump nor Hillary is guilty of anything at this point,

Lmao, one is on trial, the other is not. The difference is obvious. That you're still comparing the two and arriving at the conclusion they're in the same place is pretty funny.

Sigh, what a fail. Specific projects by this university are not in question. Do you understand why this place is even on trial?

I do, but apparently you don't. It's okay. You can continue attempting to make it look as though Trump personally stole money if you like. What you really should do is sneak in Trump's place some night and go through his pockets and stuff to see what you come up with.

Lmao, one is on trial, the other is not. The difference is obvious. That you're still comparing the two and arriving at the conclusion they're in the same place is pretty funny.

In point of fact, they are in the same place legally. However, one has a class action suit which could be settled for cash, i.e., the attorney for the plaintiffs is after money. The other is under FBI criminal investigation for things that money can't settle. Personally, I'd prefer the former if it was me. None of that changes the fact that legally speaking they are both innocent at this very moment. Have you noticed that they're both out campaigning? Wonder how that could be?

I do, but apparently you don't. It's okay. You can continue attempting to make it look as though Trump personally stole money if you like.

His university and by extension him are the one being charged (accused) of defrauding people. The name of the case is: Low v. Trump University, LLC. Please stop it. It's sad.

In point of fact, they are in the same place legally.

One is being sued, the other is not. How the hell are they in the same place legally? If you are charged with a crime and I am not, are we in the same place? Lol. Don't kid yourself.

You mispelled nut.

Oh you. You changed the word so it would say World Nut Daily. You are just too clever. That's never been done before.

Humbolt has been kicking you in the nets here on the internut.

Let's see if I understand this right...

Laurette International University paid Bill Clinton $16 million between 2010 and 2016 to be Guest Speaker and honorary Chancellor of the university.

Walden University, a division of Laurette International University (parent company), is facing allegation of defrauding its students similar to Trump University.

The Clinton's don't have any decision-making authority with either education entity, yet because of their close association with (at least) Laurette International University through the Clinton Foundation and/or the Clinton Global Initiative, the Clintons should face legal scrutiny?

Am I the only one who doesn't see a legal problem here for the Clintons on par with what Donald Trump faces concerning Trump University?

The difference here is Donald Trump owns Trump University. Moreover, he was part of the decision-making process in how the university would operate. That doesn't seem to be the case w/Laurette International University/Walden University in their relationship to the (Bill) Clinton(s). Or did I miss something here?

So let me see if I've got this straight

1) Hillary has a "Clinton University problem" even though there is no Clinton University

2) Neither Bill nor Hillary have anything to do with the running of this mythical university

Well, though I am not so happy with the level of proof, if President Clinton received pay as honorary Chancellor and the institution received funds from State, when his wife was SoS, it would be rather something that should be investigated. At the very least it would be conflict of interest and possibly much, much worse. And this is from someone that thinks that Clinton is the lesser evil.

Let's see if I understand this right...

Laurette International University paid Bill Clinton $16 million between 2010 and 2016 to be Guest Speaker and honorary Chancellor of the university.

Walden University, a division of Laurette International University (parent company), is facing allegation of defrauding its students similar to Trump University.

The Clinton's don't have any decision-making authority with either education entity, yet because of their close association with (at least) Laurette International University through the Clinton Foundation and/or the Clinton Global Initiative, the Clintons should face legal scrutiny?

Am I the only one who doesn't see a legal problem here for the Clintons on par with what Donald Trump faces concerning Trump University?

The difference here is Donald Trump owns Trump University. Moreover, he was part of the decision-making process in how the university would operate. That doesn't seem to be the case w/Laurette International University/Walden University in their relationship to the (Bill) Clinton(s). Or did I miss something here?

Yep , ONLY you .:lamo:lamo

Back
Top Bottom