• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Clinton teases interviewer who confused Holder and Booker: 'They all look alike'

Cisero

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Left
Article Source

Excerpt :

"That was Eric Holder," Clinton replied, correcting Swisher.

"I know they all look alike," she joked, to a burst of laughter from the audience.

"No, they don’t," Swisher quickly replied, then added: "Oh, well done."

Holder and Booker are both black men.

I sure wish Clinton would realise that she is not helping at all.
If she wishes to help the democratic party win seats come tuesday, I suggest she pour herself a margarita, kick back, and chill. She's done enough.

If a Republican cracked this joke, it would be a scandal.

Hillary wants to extend her Expiration Date. Her time in the Public Spotlight has come and gone. She has become passe, yesterday's news.... and no longer relevant.

Who cares what she says today? If you do care, then you can reference the "I know they all look alike.." comment and deter her from seeking elected office ever again.

The context of the entire discussion and what Hillary was talking about up to that moment is why the "tease" was not really aimed at Holder and Booker, nor was it intended to be racist. Probably in poor taste, but she was making a point about what she just said.

Now if a Republican cracked that joke odds are they would not be on the back end of a conversation about Republicans trying to suggest they are a party of inclusion.

I will qualify all this by saying I think it was not wise for Hillary to crack that joke. Has nothing to do with a judgement of racism or prejudice as I doubt that is the case, but it does have to do with political correctness in this nation which sets us up for these conversations.

She included another joke as well....

"I don’t want to go around insulting people, painting people with a broad brush," she said. "That’s childish."

She included another joke as well....

No, really? She said that?
Jeez, amazing she hasn't been struck with a bolt of lightning by now:roll:

If a Republican cracked this joke, it would be a scandal.

It'd be played by CNN and MSNBC at least 100 times in 1 day.
But since it's Queen Hillary, it's okay.

The context of the entire discussion and what Hillary was talking about up to that moment is why the "tease" was not really aimed at Holder and Booker, nor was it intended to be racist. Probably in poor taste, but she was making a point about what she just said.

Now if a Republican cracked that joke odds are they would not be on the back end of a conversation about Republicans trying to suggest they are a party of inclusion.

I will qualify all this by saying I think it was not wise for Hillary to crack that joke. Has nothing to do with a judgement of racism or prejudice as I doubt that is the case, but it does have to do with political correctness in this nation which sets us up for these conversations.

Did you aggressively defend Megyn Kelly?

Did you aggressively defend Megyn Kelly?

Nor did I aggressively defend Hillary, just pointed out the obvious that everyone else already gets.

Back
Top Bottom