• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Clinton talks email controversy: "Biggest load of bull"

Blah, Blah! Yadda, yadda. I've already pointed out to you the "Everybody else is doing something wrong, why can't I?" argument has no merit.

In fact, it merely points out the problems we are having with elected and high-level appointed government officials in the improper performance of their duties.

You don't seem to see that when you keep bringing ups such examples? :doh

I knew you wouldn't read it, or even care.

What you want is for Hillary to be singled out, when others aren't.

we know where you're coming from.

At a gathering of the Asian American Journalists Association Bill Clinton defended his wife regarding the email imbroglio:

"First of all, the FBI director said when he testified before Congress, he had to amend his previous day's statement that she had never received any emails that are classified. They saw two little notes with a 'C' on it," Clinton said.

"This is the biggest load of bull I've ever heard."

Clinton went on to say that while the classification system of sensitive emails was "too complicated to explain to people," what is clear is that Clinton and her colleagues were never being careless with national security.

"Do you really believe there are 300 career diplomats because that's how many people were on these emails, all of whom were careless with national security? Do you believe that?" he said. "Forget about Hillary, forget about her. Is that conceivable?"

Bill Clinton talks email controversy: 'Biggest load of bull' - CNNPolitics.com

He's right. Comey did have to amend his statements, those emails had been improperly marked.

Yet, what we hear played over and over again is sliced up CEC version of a tape that leaves out the only thing marked classified at the time carried "bore markings" (c) on .000001% of all the emails she sent or received. Later Comey states in his testimony they were not properly marked -- and it would have been easy for anyone with knowledge of handing classified documents to miss. The content of the emails were about her making a freakin' telephone call.

We found out later those "bore markings" were not even classified to begin with. [ Daily Press Briefing - July 6, 2016 ]

And even if they were, they originated at State, so she could have declassified them, as she has that power. But they weren't. AND, even if -- they were on such a level of "secrecy" those same two (c) emails could have been sent through the US mail with a simple No. 10 envelope and a First Class postage stamp.

The other part of this which Bill reminds us, is allllll the other career diplomats she exchanged emails would have been just as careless.

"Forget about Hillary, forget about her. Is that conceivable?"

No. That is rather sleazy arguing there. Very much like the no sex pronouncement of his.

Umm, no. Neither of you nor I would have any access to it. He's talking about Clinton.

Geez, you do know there are all sorts of secretaries, clerks, and other minor functionaries who have access to and handle all levels of classified documents. In fact, they are usually the ones applying the stamps. I know; while working on Division Staff I was stamping and handling Top Secret documents so designated by higher authority on a frequent basis.

Can you read the first 8 words of the question? Even an internet lawyer (or those who play one) should be able to understand the question was not about Sangha or CaptAdverse - it was about Clinton and it presumed that she is an expert on classification, not someone with "no original access"

Try and tell less obvious lies, Cap

I actually did read them. As a lawyer I am informing you that words must be read in context of the entire sentence, not merely sifted to find the nugget you wish to utilize. There were qualifications, most important of which is "going by the manual."

The problem is, just because a document is not stamped "Secret" at the time it is determined to be Secret does not make it any less so for those who were present when this determination was made.

Now I am getting fairly sick of your typical denigrating tactics. I have told no lies. I am offering a rational interpretation which runs counter to yours. Whether you accept it or not is your prerogative. But if you hope to continue any further discourse with me stop with the personal attacks or read my tagline. :shrug:

Here's a clue-by-four.

Those emails that contained "bore markings" were in error.

MR KIRBY: So I’m not going to comment on their findings and...

(SIGH) If you want a real "clue-by-four"? Please try to recall my original response...that Mr. Kirby is a spokesman for the State Dept. whose job is to handle damage control. That he currently works for President Obama, and probably expects to be working for Ms. Clinton in the not too distant future.

Perhaps some small bias may be involved there? That's my last reply on the subject. :coffeepap:

Your Honor, I'd like to call Secretary of Defense Robert Gates to the Stand...

Q: : And I want to ask you about her emails. You've been in government pretty much your whole life. Secretary Clinton has spent a good deal of time in government. I know there is lots of overclassification and people complain about that. But with your experience, if you read a document in an email, would you have a pretty good idea whether it should be marked Top Secret even if it wasn't?

ROBERT GATES: Sometimes not. The truth is, things are overclassified, and sometimes I would get something and it would be classified Secret or Top Secret.

RADDATZ: Even if it’s the highest classification?

GATES: And I would look at somebody and say, I'm about to tell a foreign leader what is on this piece of paper that's marked Top Secret. And that's going to do serious damage to the United States?

Why are you giving it to me as a talking point if it's classified Top Secret? So it is tough sometimes. And if you don't have any markings on a piece of paper, it is tough sometimes to tell whether it's classified or no
t."

^ From the May 1 edition of ABC’s This Week with George Stephanopoulos.

Your honor, the jury finds the defendant: Not Guilty

What do you think this proved?

Geez, you do know there are all sorts of secretaries, clerks, and other minor functionaries who have access to and handle all levels of classified documents. In fact, they are usually the ones applying the stamps. I know; while working on Division Staff I was stamping and handling Top Secret documents so designated by higher authority on a frequent basis.

I actually did read them. As a lawyer I am informing you that words must be read in context of the entire sentence, not merely sifted to find the nugget you wish to utilize. There were qualifications, most important of which is "going by the manual."

The problem is, just because a document is not stamped "Secret" at the time it is determined to be Secret does not make it any less so for those who were present when this determination was made.

Now I am getting fairly sick of your typical denigrating tactics. I have told no lies. I am offering a rational interpretation which runs counter to yours. Whether you accept it or not is your prerogative. But if you hope to continue any further discourse with me stop with the personal attacks or read my tagline. :shrug:

OH God! Now you're gonna make all their little brains come oozing out of their eye sockets. Brutal, Bro, brutal!

I'm not buying what you and Bill and Hillary are selling.

Apparently Hillary wasn't too busy to ignore directives and required training regarding security to circumvent everything, to establish home brew servers AND to spend time sending tens of thousands of personal emails.

If Hillary had simply followed government security protocols we wouldn't even be having this discussion. Bill Clinton somehow forgot to mention that.

What did Hillary leak? It is absurd to go on and on about "security leaks" when there are none known. I think she knew what was important and there is no evidence that there was ANY breech of national security. A SoS has a difficult job and putting hurdles in the way is not the way to get things done. That is not the point of the laws governing national security.

No. He's right.

Deal with it.

Deal with it?

What a load from No sex with that woman Billy Boy.

Why would 300 "career diplomats" be required to know how secure the Secretary of States email system was? Wouldn't it be reasonable to assume Hillary's email system was secure?

And what specific emails was Bill talking about when he claimed there were 300 people involved with them?

This Con Man who wagged a finger at the citizens of the United States expects to be taken seriously.

The man certainly has some gall for calling things BS.

Deal with that.

Last edited:
What did Hillary leak? It is absurd to go on and on about "security leaks" when there are none known. I think she knew what was important and there is no evidence that there was ANY breech of national security. A SoS has a difficult job and putting hurdles in the way is not the way to get things done. That is not the point of the laws governing national security.

Really? I don't think this is about leaks. It is about handling procedures. There seems no doubt that the procedures were not adhered to. And given the number of emails it sounds absurd to presume that the SoS had determined that each and every one was incorrectly marked and would do no damage to national security, the negotiations of treaties etc. After all, some really sensitive stuff goes into the SoS inbox because State is involved in some really sensitive stuff like the Ukraine, Iran or ttp.

I actually did read them. As a lawyer I am informing you that words must be read in context of the entire sentence, not merely sifted to find the nugget you wish to utilize. There were qualifications, most important of which is "going by the manual." ...

Think I'll take the republican head of the FBI's word over an keyboard warrior who fancies himself part of the Internet Bar Association.

You don't understand classified information, clearly.

And she had another system for sending classified material, as has already been noted in the thread. Der. SCIF. Look it up.

Her entire office was a SCIF and she had one at her home.
A SCIF is not a system it is a room that meets certain requirements and controls.
This is the first I had heard that she had a SCIF set up at her home. Do you have any link proving this. Honestly simply asking as I have never heard this.

No it is not conceivable.

Fish rots from the head. SECSTATE sets the standards. Hillary lowered the bar. Clearly either Hillary was not qualified to head the department and all its sensitive matters or she didn't care, rules being an inconvenience, or she was often distracted building the Clinton Foudation slush fund while she should have been focusing on her government responsibilities.

My personal opinion is that Hillary's cognitive functions limited her full participation in her duties. Her staff likely ran the department more so than not. We do know from emails that staff operated with the understanding that Hillary is often confused.

In essence Hillary was asleep at the wheel, perhaps literally.

Spot On! :thumbs::thumbs:

Do you think she would have set up a private email system and not know that every category of sensitive material might actually need to go to the Secretary of State sooner or later? If she didn't think so, she is beyond incompetent... and if she knew, and how could she not have, what exactly would you call that on your side of the aisle? Presidential material obviously.

She is a joke, but its just not funny.

The funny thing is ....A First Class Bull****ter....calling bull****! Too rich! :2rofll:

The biggest load of bull I have ever heard did in fact come from Comey and it was in fact about Hillary, but not what Bill said.

Also, is Bill sick? He looks and sounds awful.

I think they both have AIDS. Bill will **** a pile of rocks and I think he nailed an East African gal, several years back.

A SCIF is not a system it is a room that meets certain requirements and controls.

Yes. Her entire office was a SCIF. This was noted in depositions.
This is the first I had heard that she had a SCIF set up at her home. Do you have any link proving this. Honestly simply asking as I have never heard this.

Yes. She said so in the Benghazi hearings. Under oath. All modern SOS's and other top gov't officials have SCIF's in their home. This should not be a surprise.

Last edited:

If some guy on the internet says he's been handling Top Secret documents, it must be true

No one is accepting your obvious lies and there was nothing "rational" about "interpreting" the question to apply it to someone with "no original access".

You're just making up stuff as you go along, but no one is buying it.

Spot On! :thumbs::thumbs:

The funny thing is ....A First Class Bull****ter....calling bull****! Too rich! :2rofll:

I think they both have AIDS. Bill will **** a pile of rocks and I think he nailed an East African gal, several years back.

Crazycakes on steroids. ^

Think I'll take the republican head of the FBI's word over an keyboard warrior who fancies himself part of the Internet Bar Association.

That's your prerogative. :shrug:

There are two things a trial lawyer learns in law school.

1. Never ask a question you don't already know the answer to.

2. Always phrase your question to get the answer you are seeking.

Mr. Cartwright prefaced and then phrased the question seeking a specific answer and Mr. Comey answered the question correctly.

KEY EXCHANGE WITH DIRECTOR COMEY AND REP. CARTWRIGHT:

MATT CARTWRIGHT: You were asked about markings on a few documents, I have the manual here, marking national classified security information. And I don’t think you were given a full chance to talk about those three documents with the little c’s on them.
Were they properly documented? Were they properly marked according to the manual?

JAMES COMEY: No.

MATT CARTWRIGHT: According to the manual, and I ask unanimous consent to enter this into the record Mr. Chairman

CHAIRMAN: Without objection so ordered.

MATT CARTWRIGHT: According to the manual, if you're going to classify something, there has to be a header on the document? Right?

JAMES COMEY: Correct.

MATT CARTWRIGHT: Was there a header on the three documents that we've discussed today that had the little c in the text someplace?

JAMES COMEY: No. There were three e-mails, the c was in the body, in the text, but there was no header on the email or in the text.

MATT CARTWRIGHT: So if Secretary Clinton really were an expert about what's classified and what's not classified and we're following the manual, the absence of a header would tell her immediately that those three documents were not classified. Am I correct in that?

JAMES COMEY: That would be a reasonable inference."

https://www.c-span.org/video/?41231...tifies-hillary-clinton-email-probe&start=6685

I believe I pointed out in prior responses how important this phrase "following the manual" was in limiting Mr. Comey's responses to Mr. Cartwright.

However, this did not negate the fact that the most of the 52 classified documents were classified prior to Ms. Clinton's emails being sent. The question then arises; how did Ms. Clinton have unstamped copies to send?

One possible way? She was involved in the briefings when the information was passed out, prior to a determination that the information should be classified Secret. That such determinations were made during those meetings, and her documents did not have a stamp.

This is speculation, but if I were on the Committee with a chance to question Comey after Mr. Cartwright, I'd have several questions formulated to clarify his "reasonable inference" based on "the manual" response.

Last edited:
That's your prerogative. :shrug:

There are two things a trial lawyer learns in law school.

Let me preface this with - I wrote a lengthy response and was bumped offline by a thunderstorm and am quite pissed about this. Grrr. Hate when that happens.

1. Never ask a question you don't already know the answer to.

2. Always phrase your question to get the answer you are seeking.

Mr. Cartwright prefaced and then phrased the question seeking a specific answer and Mr. Comey answered the question correctly.

You pose this as if there were not a ****ton of rabid CONS, some former prosecutors who grilled him (and her) for hours on end.

This is speculation, but if I were on the Committee with a chance to question Comey after Mr. Cartwright, I'd have several questions formulated to clarify his "reasonable inference" based on "the manual" response.

Yes, we know. The guy who elevates himself to sublime status Coudda done it. If only.

FTW!

Back
Top Bottom