• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Clinton regains double-digit lead over Trump: Reuters/Ipsos poll

imyoda

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Clinton regains double-digit lead over Trump: Reuters/Ipsos poll | Reuters

Hillary Clinton’s Lead Grows to 13 Points as Trump Campaign Collapse Worsens

Democratic presidential contender Hillary Clinton regained a double-digit lead over Republican rival Donald Trump this week, according to a Reuters/Ipsos poll. Democratic presidential contender Hillary Clinton regained a double-digit lead over Republican rival Donald Trump this week, according to a Reuters/Ipsos poll released on Friday.

The June 20-24 poll showed that 46.6 percent of likely American voters supported Clinton while 33.3 percent supported Trump. Another 20.1 percent said they would support neither candidate. Trump had enjoyed a brief boost in support following the June 12 mass shooting in Orlando, Florida, as he doubled down on his pledge to ban Muslims from entering the country, cutting Clinton’s lead to nine points.

But Trump’s rise in popularity appeared to be only temporary, unlike his lasting surge among the Republican field last year after the attacks in Paris and in San Bernardino, California……….

The trend line for HRC is slanted up and her lead it growing……… Trump continues to make mistakes………now reads off a teleprompter……his campaign is broke and cannot raise any real money…….No seasoned political professionals will work for him…….cannot get someone to run as VP…….. Prominent republicans and conservative columnists support HRC and/or resigning from the GOP……..

Could things get any better

Trump's handling of the Brexit did not do him any favors. Bragging about how much better your business will do when the British pound crashes in a part of the UK that adamantly opposed the outcome...could be considered a tad tone deaf. I think the Brexit may actually let out some of the hot air that has accumulated from populist anti immigrant sentiment in Western countries like the US. A few weeks of hearing about the consequences of voting just on those kinds of sentiments may dampen what amounts to Trump's entire appeal to the mobthink part of the electorate.

Trump's handling of the Brexit did not do him any favors. Bragging about how much better your business will do when the British pound crashes in a part of the UK that adamantly opposed the outcome...could be considered a tad tone deaf. I think the Brexit may actually let out some of the hot air that has accumulated from populist anti immigrant sentiment in Western countries like the US. A few weeks of hearing about the consequences of voting just on those kinds of sentiments may dampen what amounts to Trump's entire appeal to the mobthink part of the electorate.

I seem to recall the poll was taken before Trumps comments on Brexit..........but his brain dead comment on Brexit just adds to the list of self-destructive screw ups in the last 4 weeks...... Surprising as it may seem to some.........I worry about his mental health

Trump's handling of the Brexit did not do him any favors. Bragging about how much better your business will do when the British pound crashes in a part of the UK that adamantly opposed the outcome...could be considered a tad tone deaf. I think the Brexit may actually let out some of the hot air that has accumulated from populist anti immigrant sentiment in Western countries like the US.
A few weeks of hearing about the consequences of voting just on those kinds of sentiments may dampen what amounts to Trump's entire appeal to the mobthink part of the electorate.

Some voters will be voting against Trump for the same reasons that others will be voting for him.

Didn't we hear the same nonsense about biased polling in 2012? I thought we'd put this behind us.

The numbers don't lie...especially when the polling company insists on skewed polling data.

Democratic presidential contender Hillary Clinton regained a double-digit lead over Republican rival Donald Trump this week, according to a Reuters/Ipsos poll. Democratic presidential contender Hillary Clinton regained a double-digit lead over Republican rival Donald Trump this week, according to a Reuters/Ipsos poll released on Friday.

The June 20-24 poll showed that 46.6 percent of likely American voters supported Clinton while 33.3 percent supported Trump. Another 20.1 percent said they would support neither candidate. Trump had enjoyed a brief boost in support following the June 12 mass shooting in Orlando, Florida, as he doubled down on his pledge to ban Muslims from entering the country, cutting Clinton’s lead to nine points.

But Trump’s rise in popularity appeared to be only temporary, unlike his lasting surge among the Republican field last year after the attacks in Paris and in San Bernardino, California……….

The trend line for HRC is slanted up and her lead it growing……… Trump continues to make mistakes………now reads off a teleprompter……his campaign is broke and cannot raise any real money…….No seasoned political professionals will work for him…….cannot get someone to run as VP…….. Prominent republicans and conservative columnists support HRC and/or resigning from the GOP……..

Try using the rcp average of polls, which has last I checked hillary +6, not double digits. They list individual poll, and reuters every time seems to be an outlier, indicating their polling is intentionally biased.

This is why things like the rcp average exist, polls can easily be biased one way or another, and the truth is usually somewhere in the middle.

yes, it could get much better.. Hillary and Trump could both lose the election..... but as the nation's lone Conservative supporting Hillary, that's probably not what you had in mind , is it?

I getting tired of this myself.

If Hillary supporters are so certain she is going to win, why do they feel the need to keep insisting so over, and over, and over ad nauseam?

Who are they trying to convince?

Certainly not me, nor any of the other people who have committed to her opponent. :no:

As far as I am concerned nothing is decided until the final votes are counted. Just look at what happened in Bush v. Gore. Gore's supporters (and I was one among those) thought he was a shoe-in. I still think he got robbed. :2mad:

However, that example is just one of several where nothing was over until the fat lady sang. :coffeepap:

This is not about popular vote (though it's one indicator), but about the electoral college vote.

And of the three swing states Trump needs to take the election from Hillary, he's tied in two (OH, PENN), and down 5 or 6 in the other (FL).

For as terrible a month as he's had, and for all the hoopla of his demise, the man is still tied with the heir apparent in the crucial swing states of OH & PENN! So what's that saying? It's saying Trump is a dangerous (unconventional) animal in an unconventional year, and should not be discounted too easily!

That's my take on this.

Try using the rcp average of polls, which has last I checked hillary +6, not double digits. They list individual poll, and reuters every time seems to be an outlier, indicating their polling is intentionally biased.

This is why things like the rcp average exist, polls can easily be biased one way or another, and the truth is usually somewhere in the middle.

Since you have averaged the polls in RCP makes the attempt in comparison impossible.......... statistically speaking

The Reuter poll is a snapshot in most current time........To test the accuracy of the poll we will have to compare it to the newly released polls .........

But what one can say with accuracy is the trend line for HRC is slanted UP....... and is seen as a good omen...... statistically speaking. that is.......

It's the old "can compare apples to oranges"........

yes, it could get much better.. Hillary and Trump could both lose the election..... but as the nation's lone Conservative supporting Hillary, that's probably not what you had in mind , is it?

I have no idea of what you are saying.......

If anything at all.....

Since you have averaged the polls in RCP makes the attempt in comparison impossible.......... statistically speaking

The Reuter poll is a snapshot in most current time........To test the accuracy of the poll we will have to compare it to the newly released polls .........

But what one can say with accuracy is the trend line for HRC is slanted UP....... and is seen as a good omen...... statistically speaking. that is.......

It's the old "can compare apples to oranges"........

try looking at the rcp, the abc wash post shows clinton plus 12, but the abc wall street journal poll taken the same day has clinton plus 5.

all of them going back have the same trend except reuters and bloomberg which are off in left field, heck the other poll you posted two posts after the one I am quoting makes it another outlier, since another abc poll taken on the same day with a larger sample shows the opposite.

RealClearPolitics - Election 2016 - General Election: Trump vs. Clinton

It is a sign of desperation when you only trust the outliers of polls, instead of the norm, because the norm does not back you.

try looking at the rcp, the abc wash post shows clinton plus 12, but the abc wall street journal poll taken the same day has clinton plus 5.

all of them going back have the same trend except reuters and bloomberg which are off in left field, heck the other poll you posted two posts after the one I am quoting makes it another outlier, since another abc poll taken on the same day with a larger sample shows the opposite.

RealClearPolitics - Election 2016 - General Election: Trump vs. Clinton

It is a sign of desperation when you only trust the outliers of polls, instead of the norm, because the norm does not back you.

No outlier here my friend....... Not enough samples to make that call

the trend line has impressive slope and direction

No outlier here my friend....... Not enough samples to make that call

the trend line has impressive slope and direction

Yeah there were enough samples, and even a sample by the same abc poll that shown the opposite and was taken on the same day. You can simply deny the average because it does not agree with you while a few outliers do, and cherry pick the one the agrees with you, but you are not fooling anyone.

Anyone who has the capability to read can read the rcp average, which simply lists all the polls rather than cherry picked ones. Also anyone who has been through an election cycle knows this happens everytime with the polls, pollsters tend to use biased means to support their veiw rather than represent the public view, which is the entire reason things like the rcp average exist, to filter out biased polls by representing a polling average, rather than just one that agrees with you.

lol - progressives are so full of bullspit these days that no, things couldn't possibly get any better.

Check RealClearPolitics lately? Better do it before engaging mouth again. An ill informed electorate is a danger to national security.

Yeah there were enough samples, and even a sample by the same abc poll that shown the opposite and was taken on the same day. You can simply deny the average because it does not agree with you while a few outliers do, and cherry pick the one the agrees with you, but you are not fooling anyone.

Anyone who has the capability to read can read the rcp average, which simply lists all the polls rather than cherry picked ones. Also anyone who has been through an election cycle knows this happens everytime with the polls, pollsters tend to use biased means to support their veiw rather than represent the public view, which is the entire reason things like the rcp average exist, to filter out biased polls by representing a polling average, rather than just one that agrees with you.

No matter the case HRC is trending up

Trump is trending down

lol - progressives are so full of bullspit these days that no, things couldn't possibly get any better.

Check RealClearPolitics lately? Better do it before engaging mouth again. An ill informed electorate is a danger to national security.

Yup sure did..........

But the point spread means little.......... It is the trend.......

HRC trending up.....

Trump trending down

BTW

When did the polls yall trumpeted when Trump was up turn into liberal stooges?

Back
Top Bottom