• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Clinton outspending Trump by $116 million on ads

Erod

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Clinton outspending Trump by $116 million on ads - CNNPolitics.com

(CNN)Donald Trump, who overcame an onslaught of negative advertising to clinch the GOP nomination, recently turned to supporters at a rally for advice.
"Do ads work anymore?" he asked. If they do, Trump is getting left behind.

The presumptive GOP nominee is being massively outspent on television airwaves: Between Tuesday and Election Day, Trump has reserved zero dollars in television advertising, compared to $117 million from Hillary Clinton and her allies, according to data from the ad tracking firm Kantar Media/CMAG.
Compared to Team Clinton's spending, the buys from pro-Trump groups are a drop in the bucket.

Read More

Among the pro-Clinton spots is one that hammers Trump as "too dangerous for America."

I'm no fan of Trump, but who sounds better to run a more fiscally responsible government and manage the national debt?

And to end-up in a near tie ...

Trump being broke, It's not hard to outspend him. That's why the busted flush won't show his tax returns, his entire house of cards would collapse.

Probably somebody who hasn't put companies through various bankruptcies and put their name of a diploma mill.

So you'd rather have someone who openly lied to the FBI about emails, got kicked off the Watergate committee for lack of integrity, who enabled her sexually predatory husband for years, and who has a false front called the Clinton Foundation to funnel money from outside negotiations with our enemies?

So you'd rather have someone who openly lied to the FBI about emails, got kicked off the Watergate committee for lack of integrity, who enabled her sexually predatory husband for years, and who has a false front called the Clinton Foundation to funnel money from outside negotiations with our enemies?

I'd take all of that over the alternative orange Putin sock-puppet and his mail-order bride.

Trump being broke, It's not hard to outspend him. That's why the busted flush won't show his tax returns, his entire house of cards would collapse.

Hillary owes 1,000 special interests big time favors if she wins.

Trump owes no one.

Again, which do you trust more to manage a federal budget?

I'm no fan of Trump, but who sounds better to run a more fiscally responsible government and manage the national debt?
Clinton.

Trump started out with an inherited fortune, has run his businesses into bankruptcy multiple times, has left his creditors holding the bag on numerous occasions, frequently refuses to pay vendors for services rendered, and now does little more than slap his name on things.

The little he's said about his tax policy would drive federal revenues straight into the ground, mostly by giving the rich yet another round of huge tax breaks.

He also clearly has no idea how manage national debt obligations. He doesn't understand, for example, how a government will suffer serious consequences if it tries to renegotiate its debts (http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/07/u...l-debt-get-creditors-to-accept-less.html?_r=0)

Clinton, for all her flaws, at least understands that a government has to meet its obligations, and that the entire global financial system depends on the US paying its creditors on time, and in full.

Trump is a total freaking disaster.

Damned glad I quit watching TV other than Netflix, Hulu and Amazon Prime.
How's that working out for you? I have Netflix but i am thinking of adding another subscription. I'm just afraid I would end up paying more for similar content.

Trump owes no one.

Hello? Trump is now fundraising. He is putting very little of his own money into his campaign, in part because he's largely lied about his net worth, in part because much of his net worth is tied up in illiquid assets.

He's going to owe lots of people lots of favors in no time flat.

Trump owes no one.

As bad as Hillary is (and she does really suck), she's a known evil.

But no one knows the depths of Trump's evil!

Clinton.

Trump started out with an inherited fortune, has run his businesses into bankruptcy multiple times, has left his creditors holding the bag on numerous occasions, frequently refuses to pay vendors for services rendered, and now does little more than slap his name on things.

The little he's said about his tax policy would drive federal revenues straight into the ground, mostly by giving the rich yet another round of huge tax breaks.

He also clearly has no idea how manage national debt obligations. He doesn't understand, for example, how a government will suffer serious consequences if it tries to renegotiate its debts (http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/07/u...l-debt-get-creditors-to-accept-less.html?_r=0)

Clinton, for all her flaws, at least understands that a government has to meet its obligations, and that the entire global financial system depends on the US paying its creditors on time, and in full.

Most every successful business person has filed bankruptcy a handful of times. It's part of business, and part of being wealthy in general if you invest.

Milton Hershey, Henry Ford, H.J. Heinz, Francis Ford Coppola, P.T. Barnum, Walt Disney, ABRAHAM LINCOLN, WILLIAM MCKINLEY.......

Why is this so hard for liberals to understand?

Clinton.

its policies that really drive this. The tax the rich, ban guns, support gays and abortion crowd are voting for hillary not because they care about Trump's bankruptcies or because they actually believe hillary is competent They are voting for her because she will stick it to people they don't like and push agendas they do like.

Both are beyond basic decency.

How'd we get to this dark place?

that is true but as a betting person, I choose him on the chance he won't suck. Hillary will and insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Obama's 8 years have sucked and Hillary is more likely to continue that suckage than the bad hair day is

when 80% of the population is more interested in who wins American Idol or survivor than who the Chief Justice of the US Supreme Court is, we get these sorts of third rate candidates

Clinton outspending Trump by $116 million on ads - CNNPolitics.com

Thanks for playing REALLY BAD ANALOGY. How many bankruptcies does he have?

Clinton has many faults. But spending money on campaign ads is hardly something to rail on her about. If Trump had the money, he'd spend it. Maybe he should just call the Koch Bothers and beg?

Gary Johnson

Polarized, partisan politics and blind allegiance to the Republocrat party.

Gary Johnson

given he has about the same chance as you of winning, who of the two who can win is more likely to be fiscally responsible?

Clinton has many faults. But spending money on campaign ads is hardly something to rail on her about. If Trump had the money, he'd spend it. Maybe he should just call the Koch Bothers and beg?

Just like Clinton begged the banks and hedge funds.

No wonder the utterly self-infatuated scumbag feels necessary to declare that if he loses, it is proof that the election is rigged.

“I’m afraid the election is going to be rigged, I have to be honest,” the Republican nominee told supporters at a Monday rally in Columbus, Ohio. Appearing on Fox News later that night, Trump elaborated in his usual evidence-free way: “Nov. 8, we’d better be careful, because that election is going to be rigged. And I hope the Republicans are watching closely or it’s going to be taken away from us.”

Trump's "rigged" comments are the most dangerous thing he's said yet.

Donald Trump: The election in November will be rigged | On Air Videos | Fox News

Sadly, that kind of delusional self-defense by way of lying about one's perceived political enemies has been drilled into the base's heads since 2007.

Even worse, his political advisor/buddy feels the need to threaten civil war:

If you can’t have an honest election, nothing else counts. I think he’s gotta put them on notice that their inauguration will be a rhetorical, and when I mean civil disobedience, not violence, but it will be a bloodbath. The government will be shut down if they attempt to steal this and swear Hillary in. No, we will not stand for it. We will not stand for it.

Trump's "rigged" comments are the most dangerous thing he's said yet.

Roger Stone on The Milo Show: How Trump Can Fight Voter Fraud - Breitbart

Worse, the moron thinks that since Trump is leading florida in August, that's proof that if he loses it in Nov, it's a fix:

“I think we have widespread voter fraud, but the first thing that Trump needs to do is begin talking about it constantly,” Stone said. “He needs to say for example, today would be a perfect example: ‘I am leading in Florida. The polls all show it. If I lose Florida, we will know that there’s voter fraud. If there’s voter fraud, this election will be illegitimate, the election of the winner will be illegitimate, we will have a constitutional crisis, widespread civil disobedience, and the government will no longer be the government.’”

No doubt Trump's minions will simultaneously say that the 2000 election was not "stolen" but this one was....simply because they lost (we pray).

Just like Clinton begged the banks and hedge funds.

the people who did well in the crony capitalist era of the last 6-7 years are showering Clinton with cash because they figure she will continue the same policies

Back
Top Bottom