• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Clinton or Trump?

Who would you vote for?

• Total voters
If the race comes down to Hillary vs The Donald, who would you vote for?

attaching poll

Based on her voting record, here's what I know about a Clinton Presidency: nothing's going to get a whole lot worse, and nothing's going to get a whole lot better. She's basically "stability as we know it." Trump, on the other hand, stands for chaos. I choose stability as we know it.

Over 300 million Americans and it's going to come down to these two? **** me.

that's pretty much my reaction to every election, and almost never do the state and congressional elections give us 'the best among us' either. We need more doctors, scientists, architects, engineers and less career politicians, celebrities, and dynasties in government

Based on her voting record, here's what I know about a Clinton Presidency: nothing's going to get a whole lot worse, and nothing's going to get a whole lot better. She's basically "stability as we know it." Trump, on the other hand, stands for chaos. I choose stability as we know it.

I turn that around. I know Hildabeast will suck big time. Trump may well suck big time but he might not. based on that Trump is my logical choice Hildabeast has consistently said she supports tax hikes, gun bans, anti military positions, union coddling etc, Trump basically has supported just about every position on every issue at some point based on that, Trump is less likely to piss me off than Cankles

I think there was a recent poll that showed Trump would win Mississippi by three points.

never thought i'd live to see mississippi a blue state. Of course, blue is a long ways from liberal or even centrist if hillary is the standard

I turn that around. I know Hildabeast will suck big time. Trump may well suck big time but he might not. based on that Trump is my logical choice Hildabeast has consistently said she supports tax hikes, gun bans, anti military positions, union coddling etc, Trump basically has supported just about every position on every issue at some point based on that, Trump is less likely to piss me off than Cankles

Um...if Trump has supported every position on every issue at some point, that could potentially place him to the left of Clinton and you wouldn't know it until it was too late. I label Clinton as corporatist/pragmatist, which is not especially inspiring on the face of it, but her international experience and rhetoric suggests to me that she's interested in retaining international stability. That is an important thing these days as an increasing number of nations grow outside of our sphere of influence and others acquire nuclear weapons. Meanwhile, Trump's position on the international scene is "SCRREEWWWWW YOOUUUUU!!!!"

Um...if Trump has supported every position on every issue at some point, that could potentially place him to the left of Clinton and you wouldn't know it until it was too late. I label Clinton as corporatist/pragmatist, which is not especially inspiring on the face of it, but her international experience and rhetoric suggests to me that she's interested in an retaining international stability. That is a thing increasingly important these days as an increasing number of nations grow outside of our realm of influence and others acquire nuclear weapons. Meanwhile, Trump's position on the international scene is "SCRREEWWWWW YOOUUUUU!!!!"

Both are power hungry egomaniacs but the judges and justices we are likely to get under Trump are mainly the same people we'd get under the best possible choice currently running-katich

under Hildabeast we will get mainly the people she panders to and we really don't need anymore childless lesbian lefties on the supreme court

Both are power hungry egomaniacs but the judges and justices we are likely to get under Trump are mainly the same people we'd get under the best possible choice currently running-katich

under Hildabeast we will get mainly the people she panders to and we really don't need anymore childless lesbian lefties on the supreme court

You can't reasonably claim to know what you'd get under Trump. No one can. If I came onto this forum and chose a new political philosophy at random every day, you wouldn't trust me either.

You can't reasonably claim to know what you'd get under Trump. No one can. If I came onto this forum and chose a new political philosophy at random every day, you wouldn't trust me either.

I actually am pretty well informed on judicial selections and how they are made. for district and court of appeals judges, its generally the ranking Republican in the state that makes the call. On supreme court justices Trump would play a greater role

I actually am pretty well informed on judicial selections and how they are made. for district and court of appeals judges, its generally the ranking Republican in the state that makes the call. On supreme court justices Trump would play a greater role

Great. He'll apoint Judge Judy or something.

Supreme Court justices, court of appeals judges, and district court judges are nominated by the President and confirmed by the United States Senate, as stated in the Constitution. If you feel you can trust Trump, who has changed his political position god knows how many times, then that gamble is on you. For all I know he could end up being my dream president -- but I'm sure as hell not going to stake the next four years on that possibility.

Supreme Court justices, court of appeals judges, and district court judges are nominated by the President and confirmed by the United States Senate, as stated in the Constitution. If you feel you can trust Trump, who has changed his political position god knows how many times, then that gamble is on you. For all I know he could end up being my dream president -- but I'm sure as hell not going to stake the next four years on that possibility.

District judges are invariably picked by the local party leaders. For example, for the southern district of Ohio, for the GOP it would be Rob Portman, Steve Chabot and perhaps Mike Turner.

in the Northern District of Ohio it would be Portman and the ranking GOP congressmen from the area

for a sixth circuit position-for say Ohio-same people, now for the USSCT its going to be White House Counsel, the ranking Republican on the Judiciary committee, Peter Keisler and Steven Calabresi of the Federalist Society etc

District judges are invariably picked by the local party leaders. For example, for the southern district of Ohio, for the GOP it would be Rob Portman, Steve Chabot and perhaps Mike Turner.

in the Northern District of Ohio it would be Portman and the ranking GOP congressmen from the area

for a sixth circuit position-for say Ohio-same people, now for the USSCT its going to be White House Counsel, the ranking Republican on the Judiciary committee, Peter Keisler and Steven Calabresi of the Federalist Society etc

Okay, you're obviously just trying to hurt my head. Does the President nominate federal judicial judges or doesn't he?

Okay, you're obviously just trying to hurt my head. Does the President nominate federal judicial judges or doesn't he?

he does but he gets his picks the way i told you. some USSC nominations are actually first suggested by the president but that is very rare. District judges-almost never

Over 300 million Americans and it's going to come down to these two? **** me.

And **** you they will. That is one thing you can rely on.

Trump is going to give you a government "so fabulous you won't believe it." Hillary has a "comprehensive plan" for everything. Both war hawks are poised to hit the button faster than contestants on a Steve Harvey game show.

he does but he gets his picks the way i told you. some USSC nominations are actually first suggested by the president but that is very rare. District judges-almost never

Alright, but let's say Trump pulls a "wacka wacka!" and decides to abandon all things conservative (which many have argued he already has). How does that affect the judicial picks?

Alright, but let's say Trump pulls a "wacka wacka!" and decides to abandon all things conservative (which many have argued he already has). How does that affect the judicial picks?

not at the district court nor the appellate court (save perhaps the DC circuit)

it would at the USSC level for sure but its still going to be better than if the Democrat Party makes the call like it would under Cankles

If there was no third party, Hillary. Can barely stomach saying I voted for Hillary, but at least can stomach it.

While I would prefer neither, I would vote Trump to keep Hillary out of the White House. Keeping the left from winning is worth pretty much anything else.

While I would prefer neither, I would vote Trump to keep Hillary out of the White House. Keeping the left from winning is worth pretty much anything else.

you'd vote for ted cruz the theocrat? Here i thought your pet issue was keeping christians from the white house

Neither. Said with conviction and enthusiasm. Neither. BUT I think Hillary would be less detrimental as POTUS than The Donald. But I still won't vote for her.

Back
Top Bottom