• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

clinton or palin ??

would you vote for palin or clinton ??

• clinton

Votes: 38 67.9%
  • palin

Votes: 18 32.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm asking why, though. Why do you view her as the lesser of two evils?

At the moment, seems the lesser of two evils, if the poll choices were the candidates.

See my above statement for most of the reason.

Once again, everyone dumps all over for Palin the person without having anything to say against Palin the politician. You know what? If this is how we are we shouldn't bother to have elections anymore. Our presidential candidates should be nominated by the American Idol judges panel instead.

I couldn't vote for Palin as I think she would try to control my life too much with morality legislation that should would work with congress to get passed.

Oh? Has she done this as Governor?

You mean HAD she? Since - you know - she resigned.

Once again, everyone dumps all over for Palin the person without having anything to say against Palin the politician. You know what? If this is how we are we shouldn't bother to have elections anymore. Our presidential candidates should be nominated by the American Idol judges panel instead.

She suspended the use of police rape kits because they contained a contraceptive, which is not only totally frighteningly asinine, but a good example as well.

Because, given what information I have on the two at this time, I think it probable I would find myself disagreeing to a greater degree with Clinton than with Palin.

Even given that I probably fall somewhere between the two on moral/social issues (with variances towards one or the other depending on the issue), I know that I am opposed to Clinton’s probable fiscal policies…

And for me, fiscal is the more important at the moment.

Thus…

Edit: So, in a way, it would be more a vote against Clinton than for Palin - Depending, of course, on what Palin did during the campaign...

Last edited:

I do. Clinton's big push will be universal health care. My biggest enemy? Universal health care.

I will adamantly fight tooth and nail against any candidate who tries to introduce it to the American public.

Once again, everyone dumps all over for Palin the person without having anything to say against Palin the politician.

... Okay let's see. As a politician Palin is weak sauce. All she did throughout the entire election was complain that people were attacking her. Well no ****? Obama was attacked for being black, his religion, people he shook hands with, people he might have looked at wrong but we're all supposed to bow our heads in shame because a hill billy folks woman from Alaska shows up in Washington and does not want to be attacked even though she attacks people herself? Well that's not a very good politician is it? I don't want somebody who constantly cries about being a public figure ripe for attacking but pimps her family out at every occasion she gets. That's not how things work. As far as her career goes? Who the **** cares. She is a supporter of the oil industry screaming about Obama being in the pockets of big oil. Once again, not the sign of a very smart politician or one I'd want running the country.

Don't get me wrong, Palin was a shinny and sunny little candidate but who cares? Neither her morals, values or politics appeal to me or most Liberals that I know. I'd probably talk to her if she was my neighbor but would I vote for her? No. Her politics are lame. Her experiences of the world are not something I can relate to. She panders to the ethnocentric mentality that plagues white America. Once again, not somebody I'd vote for. But then again, who gives a **** about her politics? If I don't like her as a person, that's MORE than enough to resist with every fiber voting for her.

Deal with it Libertarian.

Last edited:
... Okay let's see. As a politician Palin is weak sauce. All she did throughout the entire election was complain that people were attacking her. Well no ****? Obama was attacked for being black, his religion, people he shook hands with, people he might have looked at wrong but we're all supposed to bow our heads in shame because a hill billy folks woman from Alaska shows up in Washington and does not want to be attacked even though she attacks people herself? Well that's not a very good politician is it? I don't want somebody who constantly cries about being a public figure ripe for attacking but pimps her family out at every occasion she gets. That's not how things work. As far as her career goes? Who the **** cares. She is a supporter of the oil industry screaming about Obama being in the pockets of big oil. Once again, not the sign of a very smart politician or one I'd want running the country.

Don't get me wrong, Palin was a shinny and sunny little candidate but who cares? Neither her morals, values or politics appeal to me or most Liberals that I know. I'd probably talk to her if she was my neighbor but would I vote for her? No. Her politics are lame. Her experiences of the world are not something I can relate to. She panders to the ethnocentric mentality that plagues white America. Once again, not somebody I'd vote for. But then again, who gives a **** about her politics? If I don't like her as a person, that's MORE than enough to resist with every fiber voting for her.
Well, I would probably vote for a candidate that I disliked as a person if their policies were to my liking.

But.../shrug

Libertarians are letting their political bias appreciate the actual value of palin. To me it seems inconceivable, I would be embarrassed to associate myself with her intellectually in any way.

"However stupid she may appear, I would rather her than Clinton."

that's where i'm at with exbama... no matter how stupid he may seem, he's still arrogant, and i respect that. rather him than castro

How about a choice between Chavez and Obama?

Just joking.

Well, I would probably vote for a candidate that I disliked as a person if their policies were to my liking.

But.../shrug

Id have to agree, whether I like someone or not isnt the biggest influence on getting my vote, if their polices, thoughts and abilities were up to par they could still have my vote if I didnt like them. Imo though Palin lacks all 3 but thats just my opinion.

But.../shrug

Who a person is dictates their policies. Palin's base is filled with homophobic ethnocentric supporters suggesting that she herself exhibits some homophobic ethnocentric qualities they are drawn to. Not somebody I can support.

"Neither one. Superman would reverse time and shoot Batman's parents at the same time Batman stabbed him with a Kryptonite knife."

you can't make a knife out of kryptonite

Who a person is dictates their policies. Palin's base is filled with homophobic ethnocentric supporters suggesting that she herself exhibits some homophobic ethnocentric qualities they are drawn to. Not somebody I can support.
I was speaking more along the lines of personal dislike, not overall tendencies.

This is like one of those "If Superman and Batman were fighting, who would win?" things.

of course superman wins because he is a real super hero with super powers, batman is a normal man with gadgets.

Hatuey said:
Who a person is dictates their policies.

Nope. Both JFK and Clinton were pretty good presidents (especially Kennedy). They were both also philanderers and users of illegal, illicit drugs.

As "people" they were morally bankrupt. As "presidents" they were good.

Nope. Both JFK and Clinton were pretty good presidents (especially Kennedy). They were both also philanderers and users of illegal, illicit drugs.

As "people" they were morally bankrupt. As "presidents" they were good.

The homer simpson avatar seems appropriate. While I read your post I hear his voice, seems to match. Just sayin.

Without even looking at what we're talking about: Palin, because I wouldn't vote for Clinton on anything.

Without even looking at what we're talking about: Palin, because I wouldn't vote for Clinton on anything.

Yeah you'd have to do that to consider palin.

Deal with it Libertarian.

Deal with what? I don't understand what that's supposed to mean to me.

I read your entire post and her supposed support for big oil is the only thing addressed my original reply. I would just appreciate it if Palin criticisms were issue specific and not personality and character specific. That's all. I would wish any person in politics or political media would be criticized for things that are issue specific.

Palins new republican party emblem, dear god I hope woman of America are not that dumb. .

pinkGOPelephant.jpg

Palins new republican party emblem, dear god I hope woman of America are not that dumb. .

pinkGOPelephant.jpg
I can hope that a real candidate shows up...

But considering the general quality I see in the majority of politicians...

Back
Top Bottom