• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Clinton not ruling out running in 2020: report

j-mac

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
[FONT=&quot]Hillary Clinton[/FONT][FONT=&quot], the 2016 Democratic presidential nominee, reportedly has yet to rule out running for the Oval Office again in 2020.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]CNN White House correspondent Jeff Zeleny said Sunday on CNN's "Inside Politics" that Clinton told people "as recently as this week" that she isn't "closing the doors to the idea of running in 2020."

[/FONT]
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/427156-clinton-not-ruling-out-running-in-2020-report

:lamo OMG! Please? Can we make that happen? PLEASE!!!!!!

I'll vote for her if she runs against Trump again! I promise... ;) ;)

She couldn't be this lacking in self-awareness, could she?
One would think Bill would sit her down, have a heart to heart over a glass of Chardonnay, and let her know her best days in DC are behind her.

She stacked the deck against poor old Bernie. She will have a hard time fixing the democrat primary in her crooked favor this time. However, even if she found a way to put the fix in she can't run now that she can hardly walk on her own without external helps.

Another year and a half of watching her stagger, stutter and bark like a dog?

No thanks.

wow! you cons are having an orgasm of the thought of this. pfffttt!

She would probably beat Trump.

Does anyone know the results of a candidate losing one presidential election then running in another?

Hmm... when did I hear that before?

The first was just a warm up. Stone will surely be in prison by then and as long as the DNC doesn't rig the primaries against Bernie again and... man this is getting too complicated. She better not run.

Does anyone know the results of a candidate losing one presidential election then running in another?

It’s not incredibly rare. Lots have run. Jackson and Nixon off the top of my head even won later.

I don't believe she'll run.

Nixon. Jackson. Stevenson. Dewey. Clay. Jefferson. Bryan. Add Harrison.

It’s not incredibly rare. Lots have run. Jackson and Nixon off the top of my head even won later.

Does waiting 4 years or 8 years make a big difference?

Oh, and thanks for doing my homework. :mrgreen:

Another year and a half of watching her stagger, stutter and bark like a dog?

No thanks.

That’s really an awful thing to say about Sarah Sanders, you should apologize.

In modern history.

Nixon is the only person to successfully pull it off, lost in 1960, won in 1968.

Adlai Stevenson ran in 1952 and 1956, lost to Eisenhower both times.

It's basically an unwritten rule post Nixon, if you lose once, that being if you're a party nominee, you're done for good, plus these days, not that it wasn't before, but it's such a massively stressful ordeal if you get nominated, that I don't think many people are up for putting themselves and their family through it again.

TBH, if she does run, it'll give Trump and the rest of his cabal of crazies someone to rail on while the rest of the Dems get on with the business of developing their bases, policy statements, campaign strategies, etc. without having to respond to Trump and crew.

As for the actual prospect of Hillary as POTUS, yes, I'd vote for her if she were the nominee, but I don't want her as the nominee. She's now at the point that I think she's too old to be POTUS. Plain and simple, I don't want a POTUS who'd be pushing 80 by the end of his/her first term, and I damn sure don't want an 80-something POTUS.
  • A POTUS that old necessarily means one must as rigorously consider the person chosen as the VP nominee because, well, at 78+, dropping dead just of natural causes isn't remotely unheard of and there's no way to know whether that'd befall anyone.
  • I don't ascribe to the notion that any given individual deserves to be POTUS. That is a position for which one must be fit to hold and that one must earn. It's too bad Hillary didn't win in 2016, but she didn't, and that's that.
Also, I have zero desire to "re-litigate" Hillary, her emails, Bill and his blowjobs, and all the rest. Let sleeping dogs lie.

Calm down. Even the Democratic Party wouldn't go with the only person in America who could lose an election to Don Trump.

This would be a huge mistake by the Dems.

There is a reason why a candidate runs twice, and loses twice: he/she is a lousy candidate and a loser. Hillary Clinton doesn't know how to run a campaign.

If she is the nominee again, Trump will automatically win another term.

A long time ago I saw a political post card in a drug store that said " Nicks on Nixon " and had dates of his unsuccessful runs for the presidency as bandaids with dates on them.
There were three if I remember correctly.
His next attempt was successful.

There are still lots of people who worship Hillary Clinton as a God and feel she should be entitled to the presidency.

Personally, I think if she gets elected, she will die in office.
the 2016 campaign took a toll on her health, and another one in 2020 just might kill her.
So...if she does, look intently at who she picks as VP.

Nixon...look at the above post.
Hardly the best example of a success story. We all know what happened next.
If this is the example H. Clinton should look at... it doesn't bode well.

In modern history.

Nixon is the only person to successfully pull it off, lost in 1960, won in 1968.

Adlai Stevenson ran in 1952 and 1956, lost to Eisenhower both times.

It's basically an unwritten rule post Nixon, if you lose once, that being if you're a party nominee, you're done for good, plus these days, not that it wasn't before, but it's such a massively stressful ordeal if you get nominated, that I don't think many people are up for putting themselves and their family through it again.
Remember, Clinton lost twice. Once in the primaries, once in the general elections. A third time? Not even Mitt Romney tried three times.

wow! you cons are having an orgasm of the thought of this. pfffttt!

Can you blame them. The woman is a waste of oxygen.
\/

Back
Top Bottom