• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Clinton lies again

Why thank you.

On the matter of George Washington: No, he just was the general of the victorious armies that founded the United States, nothing special.

TR: Meh, neh, meh, he wasn't THAT good.

Lincoln: He did sqat, seriously he just sat on a chair telling his armies what to do, and he almost lost too.

FDR: Wow, okay, HE was the greatest U.S. president, he actually wasn't full of sh*t like the others.

flip2 said:
I love it. We're idiots. So much for name calling only from the right.

Does anyone remember a fellow named George Tenet, former DCI (Director of Central Intelligence)? When testified under oath, several close White House advisors, including Tenet himself, stated emphatically that George W. Bush insisted on asking Tenet if he was sure, positive, factual, and that evidence was there before Bush included the now infamous statement of WMD and enrichment of uranium and yellow cake in his State of the Union Address. See, if you read between the lines there, Bush clearly wanted to be sure the truth was there before he made any statement in asserting WMDs were present.

I don't mean to be rude, but it's allready been proven over and over again that Bush knew those statements he made in the State of the Union address were false....or at the very least not verified.

Ahh...George Tenet and the CIA, an intelligence agency that made a snap judgement and refused to budge...eventhough our own State Department INR and Department of Energy were adamant that the tubes were much more appropriate for artillery shells, and could never be used for nuclear centrifuges. Yet the CIA refused to listen to other intelligence agencies, eventhough the experts at the DOE were considered the true experts on uranium processing.

The U.S. intercepted a shipment of these tubes before we went to war with Iraq, and the tubes were coated with a chemical element that would have to be removed before even considering use for nuclear centrifuges...not to mention re-working and re-milling each and every tube...an intense, expensive, laborous and time consuming job.

Gee...why would Saddam deliberately order the wrong tubes?

Why would Saddam place this order on the internet knowing it would be found out?

The bottom line, there was a ton of evidence that stated quite clearly that these tubes were worthless for nuclear weapon production, yet we have those liars Bush and Rice stating they were designed for no other use but nuclear weapon making.
Meanwhile, even the British weighed in expressing doubt about these "scary" tubes....the longer these tubes bounced around the intelligence community, the iffier they got as a piece of evidence against Saddam...yet, we still have Bush and Rice continuing to lie about their use.

What's stranger is this whole dispute had not been mediated by a competent, impartial, technical committee, as it should have been according to accepted practice.
So, the CIA, as the top intelligence community won out and forced their analysis into the NIE report...then we have a New York Times report on Sept 8, 2002 stating that Iraq embarks on nuclear weapon making..based on this flawed CIA report.
Finally, we have top Bush officials making reference to the diameter, thickness and technical properties of these tubes as though they were designed only for nuclear cetrifuges! A deliberate, out right, slap-in-the-face lie.

Then...after all this, and we go to war, and we find no WMD...what does Bush do?
Does he apologize? Does he take the blame for this "bad" intelligence?
Of course not...Bush says something along the lines of..."Err..ahh...gee...well...it's not my fault...it's that George Tenent guy's fault...that's right blame him."
What a wuss...and the worst kind of liar....lies to take our nation to war and cost the young lives of over 1600 of our best.
I wonder how the guy sleeps at night?

flip2 said:
As for Clinton having a perfectly legal, consensual affair....Wow, I'm sure your spouse would appreciate you talking so positively about cheating on your loved one. But again, the issue was not that he had an affair. It's that he committed perjury, under oath, to a federal grand jury. Doesn't matter what it was about. He lied, affirming in court, in the presence of a judge, to tell the truth. Perjury, last I checked, is grounds for jail time.

Blah, blah, blah...you just don't get it, so allow me to repeat an old post of mine....

We have something called the 1960 Soldier and Sailor's Civil Relief Act...this allows even a grunt private in the military to delay any civil proceeding until after his sworn duty to his country.
The hatchet job republicans denied this basic right to our Commander in Chief of the entire military! The most important job in the world!
Paula Jones was a CIVIL court case...she was after money...Clinton merely asked for a stay in the trial until after his sworn duty to his country...DENIED by the power hungry right!
If the Paula Jones case would've been delayed, we never would've found out about Monica, and Clinton never would've been placed in the situation of committing perjury to protect his reputation and his family from his lack of judgement and fall from morals.
But gee...the republicans didn't care about that....the guy lied about two consenting adults having sex...let's nail him and further weaken the office of the presidency by allowing a CIVIL court case to go against a sitting president.
So Clinton lying about sex is God awful to you self-righteous republicans, but when Bush lies about taking our nation to war...spending a billion a week, with countless civilian deaths and our own soldiers dying and physically maimed, why you on the right think Bush is a "good-ol-guy...a Christian with high morals and great strength.!"

Excuse me while I go puke my guts out.

God Bless America.

Soviet_Guy said:
Why thank you.

On the matter of George Washington: No, he just was the general of the victorious armies that founded the United States, nothing special.

TR: Meh, neh, meh, he wasn't THAT good.

Lincoln: He did sqat, seriously he just sat on a chair telling his armies what to do, and he almost lost too.

FDR: Wow, okay, HE was the greatest U.S. president, he actually wasn't full of sh*t like the others.

Your command of US history astounds me.

Soviet_Guy said:
I like to mock the U.S. in any way possible.
Perhaps it is because your visa was denied? We are without exception the greastest nation in the world! What are you mad about?

Hoot said:
Blah, blah, blah...you just don't get it

Wow, I appreciate your sincere, tolerant, respectful, open-minded, and progressive mentality that your side likes to promote.

You still wittle the issue down to Clinton lying about an affair. Why? The issue is that he lied UNDER OATH TO A FEDERAL GRAND JURY. DOESN'T MATTER WHAT HE LIED ABOUT. HE COULD'VE LIED ABOUT SOCKS THE CAT HAVING ONLY ONE EYE. HE STILL LIED. Denied or not to wait until his term was over, he was subpoenaed and went and testified. It happened. Just because he was not able to convince a court to stay the civil matter until after his term was complete does not mean he had to perjure the truth.

Hoot said:
I wonder how the guy sleeps at night?

I'm pretty sure he gets in about 6-8 hours of sleep each night. I guess it's illogical to even think that, even at the insistent requests that information be accurate, Bush--just like Clinton--is only human, and not perfect. Bush believed George Tenet vetted every single report and findings presented to him, before the decision was made. So, to continue to believe Bush knew he was going to lie before he even took office is absurd. But clearly, Saddam had the capability to creat WMDs. Let's not forget what he has done to his own people in northern Iraq.

The civilian deaths we've already discussed. It's unfortunate, and may they rest in peace. But, most of the Iraqi fatalities are due to terrorists creating havoc in their country, not at the hands of American and Allied forces.

I seriously doubt Bush and his administration take this issue lightly, and decided nilly-willy (or is it willy-nilly?) to send our men and women into harm's way. If you seriously think that, your mind is as sadistic and out of line than one can imagine.

Soviet_Guy said:
I like to mock the U.S. in any way possible.

Coming from Canada, your superiority is obvious.

flip2 said:
Bush believed George Tenet vetted every single report and findings presented to him, before the decision was made. So, to continue to believe Bush knew he was going to lie before he even took office is absurd.
Is that why Bush rewarded Tenet with the Freedom Medal because he did such a great job?
flip2 said:
But clearly, Saddam had the capability to creat WMDs. Let's not forget what he has done to his own people in northern Iraq.
Clearly, he did NOT have the capability! Why must Republicans cling to what already has proven conclusively to not be the case? How many times and by how many people do you need to tell you that Saddam had NOTHING? Even Bush says Saddam had zero, so why must you continue to write that he "had the capability?"

Please tell me what year it was that Saddam "did to his own people?" Was it 1991? Christ! You need to come up with a new tune, this one is really played out.
flip2 said:
The civilian deaths we've already discussed. It's unfortunate, and may they rest in peace. But, most of the Iraqi fatalities are due to terrorists creating havoc in their country, not at the hands of American and Allied forces.
Do you think the number would be anywhere near the 20,000+ had we not invaded Iraq? Do you?
flip2 said:
I seriously doubt Bush and his administration take this issue lightly, and decided nilly-willy (or is it willy-nilly?) to send our men and women into harm's way. If you seriously think that, your mind is as sadistic and out of line than one can imagine.
Ever visit this site?
http://www.newamericancentury.org/statementofprinciples.htm

Click on the Iraq/Middle East tab to get a sense of the genesis of Bush's plan.

Ever see this my naive friend?

Neocons' Timeline to Iraq War

Mar. 11, 1992 Wolfowitz, Libby and Cheney: Unilateral Action
Neocons' original plan for world supremacy (Defense Planning Guidance) foreshadowed unilateral action when "collective action cannot be orchestrated."

Jul. 8, 1996 Neocons Suggest to Israel: Remove Saddam
Neocon study under Wurmser, presented by Perle to Iraeli Prime Minister. "focus on removing Saddam from power—an important Israeli strategic objective."

Dec. 1996 Podhoretz explains why Iraq threatens Israel
Missiles available to Iraq and Syria could easily reach Tel Aviv, Jerusalem, ...

Dec. 1996 Wurmser Report: Iraq is Crumbling. US Should Take It
Iraq... most strategic... well-endowed... whoever inherits Iraq dominates [Mideast].

Jun. 3, 1997 PNAC Founded: Cheney, Rumsfeld, Wolfowitz, Libby, ...
The neocon think tank that pushed Iraq War.

Jan. 26, 1998 Neocon Letter to Clinton: Oust Saddam
Open letter signed by Rumsfeld, Kristol, Wolfowitz, Perle ...

Mar. 1, 1999 Neocon Book on Why Saddam Must Go
Cheney's assistant on the Mid East: "Iraq occupies strategicaly blessed and resource-laden territory ... large, oil reserves, water. Theatens its neighbors [Israel].

Jan. 29, 2001 US & Israel Should 'Strike Fatally Damascus, Baghdad, ...
"Israel and the US should adopt a coordinated strategy to ... strike fatally, ...the regimes of Damascus, Baghdad, Tripoli, Tehran, and Gaza." - popNote

May 14, 2001 Neocons' Invasion Plans Foreshadowed Before 9-11
Shock-and-awe campaign. Small invasion force: "50,000 troops. Hope of mass defections. Complete disbanding of military. Misjudgment of Chalabi.

September 11, 2001

Sep. 20, 2001 Neocons' 9-11 Letter to Bush: Focuses on Iraq & Israel
Four times more about Israel's nemesis, Hezbolla, than about Osama. Five times more on Iraq, Israel and Palestine than on Afghanistan. - popNote

Aug. 2002 Israeli Def. Minister: US attack on Iraq will help Israel
"The more aggressive the attack, the more it will help Israel against Palestinians."

Sep. 12, 2002 Netanyahu to US House: Protect Israel from Missiles
"Saddam may launch ... biological and chemical warheads at the Jewish State."

May 21, 2004 General Zini Says Neocons' goal: 'Strengthen ... Israel'
Neocons saw the Iraq war as a way to ... "strengthen the position of Israel. ... everybody I talk to in Washington ... knows what they were trying to do” -

26 X World Champs said:
Is that why Bush rewarded Tenet with the Freedom Medal because he did such a great job?

This is going to totally throw out your theory that all Republicans are in lock step and key in supporting everything Bush has done: I think Bush should have never rewarded Tenet with the Presidential Medal of Freedom. If someone can post, word for word, the text of Bush's speech he made in recognition of Tenet at the White House East Room, I'd be able to offer a more informed opinion into Bush's insight regarding this presentation.

Clearly, he did NOT have the capability! Why must Republicans cling to what already has proven conclusively to not be the case? How many times and by how many people do you need to tell you that Saddam had NOTHING? Even Bush says Saddam had zero, so why must you continue to write that he "had the capability?"

Please tell me what year it was that Saddam "did to his own people?" Was it 1991? Christ! You need to come up with a new tune, this one is really played out.

He did have the capability to creat and use WMDs because he used nerve gas to wipe out an entire population of Kurds in northern Iraq in the mid 1980s.

Do you think the number would be anywhere near the 20,000+ had we not invaded Iraq? Do you?

No, I don't think the death of innocent Iraqis would be anywhere near 20,000+ had we not invaded Iraq. Given Hussein's abominable record, his elite killing force--the Republican Guard--would have killed 5 times that number a year.

Ever visit this site?
http://www.newamericancentury.org/statementofprinciples.htm

Click on the Iraq/Middle East tab to get a sense of the genesis of Bush's plan.

Ever see this my naive friend?

I've seen the 1998 letter of which you highlight. I must say, though, there are a lot of elipses in those quotes. I tend to be skeptical of quotes that include " . . . ." It usually means the opposition is leaving out critical parts of a quote that would rebuff the point they are attempting to make.

Nevertheless, my almost-informed friend, because I don't think you're naive, but having a passion that seems to blind facts, I for one am happy that Saddam Hussein is no longer in power and is no longer a threat, not just to the U.S., but to that entire region as well. There was an election on January 31 that proved that as well.

flip2 said:
This is going to totally throw out your theory that all Republicans are in lock step and key in supporting everything Bush has done: I think Bush should have never rewarded Tenet with the Presidential Medal of Freedom.
I'm not shocked at all. I believe that anyone, even someone who did have a political prejudice can see how outrageous Bush was in giving Tenet a medal when, in theory, Bush relied so heavily on his info as the catalyst to attack Iraq. Now here's the part that shows that Bush had his little mind made up to invade Iraq no matter what. Even though Tenet told Bush WHAT HE WANTED TO HEAR and was proven to be 100% wrong, Bush rewarded him because even though the facts were wrong, Tenet's report garnered support for Bush to attack, which was all he was looking for, PR to attack, he already had decided he was attacking no matter what.
flip2 said:
He did have the capability to creat and use WMDs because he used nerve gas to wipe out an entire population of Kurds in northern Iraq in the mid 1980s.
I'm sorry, that is 100% wrong. We're talking about 2003, not the 1980s. You're making conclusions that have no basis in fact, and that is, of course, very, very wrong.
flip2 said:
No, I don't think the death of innocent Iraqis would be anywhere near 20,000+ had we not invaded Iraq. Given Hussein's abominable record, his elite killing force--the Republican Guard--would have killed 5 times that number a year.
You're doing it again. You've made wildly inaccurate conclusions that are outrageously WRONG. You just wrote that you believe had we not invaded Iraq that Saddam would have killed more than 100,000 Iraqis. You have no facts at all to back up that charge, none. Saddam's balls were shriveled up and he was unable to get it up anymore, he was castrated, had no power even within his nation. Not to mention the tens of thousands of Americans whose lives are now permanently dead or scarred by our involvement. That is one of the "legacies" of Bush's War.

If this is such a right and just war how come 60% of Americans are opposed to it now? How come a strong majority now believe it was a collosal mistake?
flip2 said:
I for one am happy that Saddam Hussein is no longer in power and is no longer a threat, not just to the U.S., but to that entire region as well. There was an election on January 31 that proved that as well.
What has that election really proved, exactly? Please be specific? The Civil War in Iraq has increased since then, there's been no reduction in violence or death, and in truth, the divide between sects has widened and shows no sign or letting up or even decreasing any time in the foreseeable future. How do you reconcile this TRUTH with your comment about Jan. 31st?

Wouldn't the measure of success be that the insurgency would have waned? Show me even one shred of evidence that points to an impending end to the war, or even a sign that the violence is receding? Keep in mind that there were more car bombs in Iraq in May 2005 than the entire year 2004.

carbomb.jpg

sebastiansdreams said:
So then the obvious choice is full out war? NO! Get rif of HIM. He was the problem. Not Iraq in general. Hell, if we're that worried about it, lets do the descent thing that America is known for doing, let's find some of his enemies and fund them to go take him out.

Get rid of him how? Again we had 250,000 posed on his border ready to come across and that didn't work.

sebastiansdreams said:
Okay, if all of this is the case, it still points back to one man. I'm sorry but A) it is not place to play international cops. Especially not when it is only to countries that benefit us financially.

One man and his two sons and the countries they had bribed and his Secret Intelligence service and Syria and Alqaeda. You can say how sorry you are all day long but I have yet to hear your viable alternative.

B) If we're gonna go against the UN and start war, then why would it be any different than assasinating the man?

The UN authorized his removal by any member state and the cease fire agreement the colalition signed with him was still in effect. And what would assasinating him have done anyway Qusay would have taken over.

Stinger said:
One man and his two sons and the countries they had bribed and his Secret Intelligence service and Syria and Alqaeda. You can say how sorry you are all day long but I have yet to hear your viable alternative.
Why must people who continue to support this war always bring Al Quaeda into this discussion? Is there some reason you're unable to process the very simple fact that Saddam & Al Quaeda had ZERO connection to each other? How many times do you have to be told this fact before you even start to digest it, no less accept it and stop making erroneous statements tying the two together?

I find it inconceivable that anyone at this point with even a smaller capacity for education would still believe that Saddam & Al Quaeda have any ties to each other? Then again, often these very same people still insist to this day that Saddam had WMDs!

26 X World Champs said:
Why must people who continue to support this war always bring Al Quaeda into this discussion? Is there some reason you're unable to process the very simple fact that Saddam & Al Quaeda had ZERO connection to each other?

How many times do you have to be told this fact before you even start to digest it, no less accept it and stop making erroneous statements tying the two together?

I find it inconceivable that anyone at this point with even a smaller capacity for education would still believe that Saddam & Al Quaeda have any ties to each other? Then again, often these very same people still insist to this day that Saddam had WMDs!

Unfortuniately for you the Kay Report, the Duelfer Report, the 9/11 commission, and the Senate hearings rebut your contention. I suggest that you make yourself aware of the facts before you post such nonsense.

World Champ says
Wrong, AGAIN! Had our ahole President simply allowed the inspections to continue instead of rushing into a war that is a international disgrace we would not have 1700 dead Americans.

Blix had already gone back to the UN and stated that Saddam, with over 250,000 troops ready to cross his border, was STILL not cooperating and that until he did the inspections could not complete thier missions (which was debatable anyway as to whether they could and had Saddam already moved things out). So the contention that inspections need to continue is pure folly. Kay and Duelfer both document what Saddam was up to, how he was hiding his activities and how he was bribing the UN to help him carry out his plan. Foruniately for you we had a President who was willing to act.

Stinger said:
Foruniately for you we had a President who was willing to act.
Act on what? A threat that didn't exist? Pfft, anyone can do that, what it takes is a president that knows the difference between a real and an imaginary threat.

Stinger said:
Unfortuniately for you the Kay Report, the Duelfer Report, the 9/11 commission, and the Senate hearings rebut your contention. I suggest that you make yourself aware of the facts before you post such nonsense.
What planet are you getting your news reports from, exactly? All the reports that you cite as evidence that Saddam & Al Quaeda had a connection state the exact opposite! How can you be so wrong?

How about Bush, what does he think?
The occasion was a press conference with UK Prime Minister Tony Blair, which took place in the White House on 31 January 2003. Here's the key portion:

[Adam Boulton, Sky News (London):] One question for you both. Do you believe that there is a link between Saddam Hussein, a direct link, and the men who attacked on September the 11th?

THE PRESIDENT: I can't make that claim.

THE PRIME MINISTER: That answers your question.

Go back to post 27 Champ, I think you missed that one.
Source
[Adam Boulton, Sky News (London):] One question for you both. Do you believe that there is a link between Saddam Hussein, a direct link, and the men who attacked on September the 11th?

Sneaky one Champ. :catapult: You use one attack to try to show there was no link at all. Good try.

Squawker said:
Go back to post 27 Champ, I think you missed that one.
Source
That is a meaningless link! Did you actually read it? You're spinning again Squawk my friend! What does this mean to you?
In the report to the U.N. Security Council, acting chief weapons inspector Demetrius Perricos said he's reached no conclusions about who removed the items or where they went. He said it could have been moved elsewhere in Iraq, sold as scrap, melted down or purchased.

He said the missing material can be used for legitimate purposes. "However, they can also be utilized for prohibited purposes if in a good state of repair."....snip

The percentages of missing biological equipment from 12 sites were much smaller - no higher than 10 percent.

The report said 37 of 405 fermenters ranging in size from 2 gallons to 1,250 gallons had been removed. Those could be used to produce pharmaceuticals and vaccines as well as biological warfare agents such as anthrax.
It says a whole lot of nothing to me. Could've, would've should've...As far as the materials, as you see it is nothing conclusive, only someone trying to make something out of nothing in order to shore up a weak position would cite that story as proof of anything, sorry.
Squawker said:
Sneaky one Champ. :catapult: You use one attack to try to show there was no link at all. Good try.
One attack? So now 9-11 only qualifies as "one attack." Considering that was the ONLY attack on US soil, and considering there is absolutely ZERO evidence that Saddam had any ties to Al-Quaeda for any known Al-Quaeda attack please tell me what I am being sneaky about, exactly?

Why is it so hard for you to accept the truth? It's staring you in the face, it is obvious to anyone except zealots who are so brainwashed that they cannot allow themselves to accept what everyone knows is the truth? Please show me one single teerrorist activity that Saddam worked on with Al-Quaeda? Prove it to us?

Please show me one single teerrorist activity that Saddam worked on with Al-Quaeda? Prove it to us?
You are very good at the word game Champ, probably the best in fact. It is well documented that Al Qaeda had camps in the Northern part of Iraq. You will poo-poo the information as you did with the report from the UN, but I will put them out here anyway. Have at it buddy.

The Clinton administration talked about firm evidence linking Saddam Hussein's regime to Osama bin Laden's al Qaeda network years before President Bush made the same statements.
Source

Investigations have shown that the former Iraqi dictator grafted and smuggled more than $10 billion from the program that for seven years prior to Saddam's overthrow was meant to bring humanitarian aid to ordinary Iraqis. And the Sept. 11 Commission has shown a tracery of contacts between Saddam and Al Qaeda (search) that continued after billions of Oil-for-Food dollars began pouring into Saddam's coffers and Usama bin Laden (search) declared his infamous war on the U.S.
Source

The CIA has confirmed, in interviews with detainees and informants it finds highly credible, that al Qaeda's Number 2, Ayman al-Zawahiri, met with Iraqi intelligence in Baghdad in 1992 and 1998. More disturbing, according to an administration official familiar with briefings the CIA has given President Bush, the Agency has "irrefutable evidence" that the Iraqi regime paid Zawahiri $300,000 in 1998, around the time his Islamic Jihad was merging with al Qaeda. "It's a lock," says this source. Other administration officials are a bit more circumspect, noting that the intelligence may have come from a single source. Still, four sources spread across the national security hierarchy have confirmed the payment.
Source

shuamort said:
Act on what? A threat that didn't exist? Pfft, anyone can do that, what it takes is a president that knows the difference between a real and an imaginary threat.

On the threat as stated by the UN, by the previous administration, and the intelligence agency of the western powers and confirmed by the Kay report, the Duelfer report and the 9/11 commission. After 12 years of refusing to abide by the UN resolutions and the cease fire agreement, with his actions to aid the terrorist pledge to destroy us, with his stated goal of enhancing those relationships for the purpose of harming us be glad we elected a President with the will to act.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger
What planet are you getting your news reports from, exactly? All the reports that you cite as evidence that Saddam & Al Quaeda had a connection state the exact opposite! How can you be so wrong?

I live right here with you and I read the reports themselves. If you can cite from them where they say Saddam was not a threat, was not working with terrorist then do so.

How about Bush, what does he think?
Quote:
The occasion was a press conference with UK Prime Minister Tony Blair, which took place in the White House on 31 January 2003. Here's the key portion:

THE PRIME MINISTER: That answers your question.

No one has ever claimed there was a direct link between Saddam and the 9/11 attack, why do you try to paint it as if there were? But all the investigation concluded that there were working contacts between Saddam and Alqaeda and other terrorist organizations and that he had ordered his intelligence agency to futher those contacts and work with them. That is not a point or dispute.

Stinger said:
No one has ever claimed there was a direct link between Saddam and the 9/11 attack, why do you try to paint it as if there were?

Are you kidding me?

Bush and practically his whole administration led us to believe there was a direct link between Saddam and 9/11! It was all over the news...in every speech they were giving!

It's called "bait and switch." Use the events of 9/11 to justify war with Iraq.

I dare say if you polled every citizen of these United States, a great many of them would still believe that Saddam was responsible for 9/11.

On October 7th, 2002, just days before Congress would give Bush the authorization to go to war, Bush said this in a speech in Cincinnati...

"Some citizens wonder after 11 years of living with this problem, ( Iraq's pursuit of WMD) why do we need to confront it now? And there's a reason. We've experienced the horror of September 11th."

This is a direct, and deliberate attempt to link Saddam with 9/11.

Talk about Saddam's WMD...talk about Al Queda and the links to Saddam...talk about 9/11 in the same breath...and people will make the connection...this was part of the Bush plan to justify war.

We were bombarded with info like this by Rumsfield, Cheney, Rice, Powell and Bush in the days preceding our attack on Iraq.

The quote above would be like Truman saying..."Some people wonder why we need to attack Canada now...and there's a reason...we've experienced the horrors of Pearl Harbor." It makes as much sense now that we know the truth.

Go back and look at some of those war photos that 26Yankee posted and tell me this war is justified.

^That is a great synopsis, since the rep. button no longer exists, I will post it like this, absolutely great post.

Hoot said:
Are you kidding me?

Bush and practically his whole administration led us to believe there was a direct link between Saddam and 9/11! It was all over the news...in every speech they were giving!

It's called "bait and switch." Use the events of 9/11 to justify war with Iraq.

I dare say if you polled every citizen of these United States, a great many of them would still believe that Saddam was responsible for 9/11.

On October 7th, 2002, just days before Congress would give Bush the authorization to go to war, Bush said this in a speech in Cincinnati...

"Some citizens wonder after 11 years of living with this problem, ( Iraq's pursuit of WMD) why do we need to confront it now? And there's a reason. We've experienced the horror of September 11th."

This is a direct, and deliberate attempt to link Saddam with 9/11.

Talk about Saddam's WMD...talk about Al Queda and the links to Saddam...talk about 9/11 in the same breath...and people will make the connection...this was part of the Bush plan to justify war.

We were bombarded with info like this by Rumsfield, Cheney, Rice, Powell and Bush in the days preceding our attack on Iraq.

The quote above would be like Truman saying..."Some people wonder why we need to attack Canada now...and there's a reason...we've experienced the horrors of Pearl Harbor." It makes as much sense now that we know the truth.

Go back and look at some of those war photos that 26Yankee posted and tell me this war is justified.

Absolutely! Yet another attempt of the neo-cons to rewrite history. This whole thing's gone from Saddam most certainly has ties to bin Laden and the 9-11 terrorists, he's a threat to us and the rest of the world. Now it's well we thought he had WMD's (and so did a bunch of other people so it's okay we were wrong) and he was a really bad guy and the whole point of this was to bring freedom to the Iraqi people. And any body who disagrees with this war loves Saddam and wishes he was still in power.

Back
Top Bottom