• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Clinton leads potential opponents in new poll

When I posted "???????????" it was limited to spelling?

Cut the excuses and get on with it.

Get on with what exactly ? You want more quotes from Hunter S Thompson Books ??

Ok...

Here's one of my favorite excerpts from " Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas "

" Strange memories on this nervous night in Las Vegas. Has it been five years? Six? It seems like a lifetime, the kind of peak that never comes again. San Francisco in the middle sixties was a very special time and place to be a part of. But no explanation, no mix of words or music or memories can touch that sense of knowing that you were there and alive in that corner of time in the world. Whatever it meant.

There was madness in any direction, at any hour. You could strike sparks anywhere. There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning.

And that, I think, was the handle - that sense of inevitable victory over the forces of old and evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn't need that. Our energy would simply prevail. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave. So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look west, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high-water mark - that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back."

:mrgreen:

Get on with what exactly ? You want more quotes from Hunter S Thompson Books ??
No, this:

Give me the name of the last Sec of State that lied to the Faces of the parents who's sons lost their lives due to that Sec State's incompetence.

A lie for one reason, because it was politically expediant in the middle of a election cycle.

I'll wait
I'll do better than that, I'll name one that needlessly extended a major war costing thousands of lives.

Kissinger.

Still nothing?

Hillary is a shoe in. she has all the qualities you would expect a Democrat candidate to have. Shes a liar, a cheat, and a heartless bitch. On top of that she has huge thighs and smart pants suits. Perfect! Can't wait for Bill to be first man. I would say first gentleman but we all know he is no gentleman. I can picture them now. They can tag team the interns. Just think of the fun they will have. Anyone care for a cigar?

Hillary is a shoe in. she has all the qualities you would expect a Democrat candidate to have. Shes a liar, a cheat, and a heartless bitch. On top of that she has huge thighs and smart pants suits. Perfect! Can't wait for Bill to be first man. I would say first gentleman but we all know he is no gentleman. I can picture them now. They can tag team the interns. Just think of the fun they will have. Anyone care for a cigar?

Can I ask: What did she cheat at?

I always thought that was Bill's thing.

No, this:

Still nothing?

Oh that ? I thought that was the result of a bunch of random keys you punched while in the midst of a epileptic seizure. You know, your hands are flailing around and you managed to inadvertently type in a short sentence that was totally irrelevant and ridiculous.

Kind of a variation on a theme of the old " Infinite Monkey Theorem "....YOU know, the old idiom that describes a thousand monkeys at a thousand typewriters randomly hitting Keys and the likely hood that they'll type out the complete works of George Eliot.

Because your'e expectantly falling back on some politicized narrative where I'm referring to a State Department Secretary that first, ran her State Department Poorly ( to say the least ) and second in order to hide a glaring example of incompetence and to perpetuate a false narrative about a " protest" lied directly to the Parents who were mourning their murdered sons.

It shows on a personal level what that lying bitch is made of, it shows the content of her character and the absence of her humanity. You may be willing to justify away that kind of behavior, make excuses for it by bringing up another time, another individual or a completely different set of circumstances but I took her actions for what they were.

They were the actions of a despicable person, a disgusting individual and no amount of justification from you will change that.

You people have elected worse I suppose,so her nomination in 2016 will be of no surprise but I think by then most Americans will have had enough of the lying scum that now leads the Democrat party and the Democrat policies that have made the lives of Americans so much worse.

What is she going to run on ? The great Democrat initiatives over the last 8 years have created a increasing class of dependents ? The killing of the 40 hour work week via ObamaCare ?

I see you that youre continuing your dancing away from your own challenge to name a Sec of State with a worse record. I name Kissinger, a man who committed multiple war crimes and at the behest of Nixon needlessly extended the Vietnam war resulting in thousands of American soldiers deaths and untold S. Vietnamese deaths.

If you lay down a challenge you ought to be man enough to face up to the response instead of avoiding and then dancing around the response.

You shouldnt whine about character as you ignore the US soldiers blood on Kissinger's hands.

I'm well aware Bush wasn't the only one in favor of the war, I was just making a comparison.
I maybe should of included the media, the rest of the yes votes in congress, and the democrats you named.

My point is Hillary isn't the only one to "lie" about American deaths.

So you would support her candidacy despite knowing she is a liar, rationalizing it as an 'everybody does it' excuse?

Billary may again be the target of that 'Vast Right Wing Conspiracy'.

Oh, there you go again being an independent thinker!

Oh, there you go again being an independent thinker!

What does that mean? Dependent thinkers support Hillary?

Why would they do that?

Supporting Hillary Clinton makes no sense at all. Surely there are more honest and capable people in America than her.

What does that mean? Dependent thinkers support Hillary?

No, I'm saying you're making the same strawman argument already made in this forum by another poster. Using basically his wrongly attributed words. Showing another sign of why you're an independent thinker. :shrug:

Why would they do that?

Supporting Hillary Clinton makes no sense at all. Surely there are more honest and capable people in America than her.

None of which seem to work for the Republican party. :shrug: They must be Independents or something. Like you.

So you would support her candidacy despite knowing she is a liar, rationalizing it as an 'everybody does it' excuse?

Not sure if I would necessarily call her a liar with respect to Benghazi... I need to look into it. She isn't my number one choice for the Dems, but she may be the only. We will have to see what her platform is come 2016, she hasn't necessarily gotten me too excited in the last two decades.

Btw, I have a feeling the vast majority of politicians have lied more than a few times....

I see you that youre continuing your dancing away from your own challenge to name a Sec of State with a worse record. I name Kissinger, a man who committed multiple war crimes and at the behest of Nixon needlessly extended the Vietnam war resulting in thousands of American soldiers deaths and untold S. Vietnamese deaths.

If you lay down a challenge you ought to be man enough to face up to the response instead of avoiding and then dancing around the response.

You shouldnt whine about character as you ignore the US soldiers blood on Kissinger's hands.

I'm Man enough to know a lying heartless Bitch when I see one and I'm man enough to know how pathetic it is to try and justify a low life like Hillary by offering up ridiculous a comparison.

How fu**in depraved are you anyway ? To go on some rant about Kissinger and the Vietnam War and not one word from you about Johnson.

Your opinions aside we have a potetntial candidate who on a very personal level exposed her true nature and we still have people trying to justify down her actions.

Its no wonder why this Countries is in such a desperate state. There is a price to be paid for politicians appealing to the lowest common denominator.

I'm Man enough to know a lying heartless Bitch when I see one and I'm man enough to know how pathetic it is to try and justify a low life like Hillary by offering up ridiculous a comparison.

How fu**in depraved are you anyway ? To go on some rant about Kissinger and the Vietnam War and not one word from you about Johnson.

Your opinions aside we have a potetntial candidate who on a very personal level exposed her true nature and we still have people trying to justify down her actions.

Its no wonder why this Countries is in such a desperate state. There is a price to be paid for politicians appealing to the lowest common denominator.
Johnson?

FFS....YOU WANTED TO HEAR FROM ANYONE AN EXAMPLE OF A WORSE SECRETARY OF STATE!!!!

I SAID KISSINGER.

NOW YOU WANT A WORSE PRESIDENT?

OK....THAT IS EVEN EASIER!

NIXON IS THE ONE!

Clinton leads potential opponents in new poll

It's way too early for this stuff. However, this is pretty interesting given how Republicans couldn't make Benghazi stick to Hilary. They can't even connect the IRS thing to the Obama administration. They've basically proven themselves completely incompetent to have anything really stick to the administration in the way they tried to do it with Clinton's administration. Given all of that, Hillary seems to be positioning herself for a 2016 run. Democrats don't seem to have any front runners other than her. So they may as well build on her popularity and try to cut off any rising Republican contenders.

God damned it. No more legacies! That should be a rule.

Johnson?

FFS....YOU WANTED TO HEAR FROM ANYONE AN EXAMPLE OF A WORSE SECRETARY OF STATE!!!!

I SAID KISSINGER.

NOW YOU WANT A WORSE PRESIDENT?

OK....THAT IS EVEN EASIER!

NIXON IS THE ONE!

You gave your opinion of what Kissinger's motives were, It was the typical hyperbolic rhetoric that we hear from the likes of you and posters who share your ideology.

The selective condemnation of a individual that's purely dependent on whether or not there is a "R" next to his name while you ignore the Democrat who devised a huge lie ( Gulf of Tonkin ) to get us into a conflict with the North Vietnamese. What proof do you have that Kissinger "lied" ? Hillary Clinton, for purely political reasons, after putting on her " deeply concerned and troubled face" lied to the faces of the parents who lost their sons in Benghazi.

A CONSEQUENCE of her pathetic leadership and incompetence. Even after that the clowns on the left are excited about her candidacy.....unbelievable.

So talking about manning up you can't even offer up a honest and objective opinion on what was so obviously a huge lie right before a election. The concocted narrative of a " protest " that got out of control.

And Nixon ? How about you " Man Up " and realize Nixon was a hundred times the leader that our current President is and actually had accomplishments to speak of, which is more than I can say for Obama.

The First US President to visit the Peoples Republic of China, his summits with Soviet Premier Brezhnev helped produce treaties that limited strategic nuclear weapons, he ended the draft, he ENDED US involvement in Indo-China AND had the courage and the character to step down when he realized Americans had lost faith in him.

If he had only known what Americans would be electing from 2008 to 2012. Democrats don't step down, they're low lifes, scum and offer up false narratives, lies and blame when they're eventually discovered to be incompetent or twisted or both. Not Obama, not Hillary, not Bill Clinton, NOT Wiener. They lie, squirm, twist, offer up diversions and stall until it all goes away.

I guarantee, if there were tapes released TOMORROW of Obama telling his appointee to target the Conservatives via the IRS, people LIKE YOU would be in here justifying it by bringing up Nixon or Bush, and Obama would be daring Congress to impeach him.

And they wouldn't, because Congress is filled with Democrats.

Whatever one thinks of her record in the Senate, the reality is that New Yorkers re-elected her with 67% of the vote in 2006. She has a large base of support. That doesn't mean she's not beatable.

In a hypothetical race, the GOP candidate would need to articulate a coherent and realistic vision for the future, offer a substantive positive policy approach for increasing the nation's economic growth/improve living standards, and offer real alternatives to policies adopted under the Obama Administration. For the economic growth strategy to be credible, it would need to outline tax policy, regulatory policy, investments that could increase the nation's rate of innovation/enhance its competitiveness, trade policy, etc. The fiscal numbers would need to add up. Barring unfavorable economic circumstances (which would strengthen the case for change), the burden of proof would rest with the candidate seeking to change direction.

Finally, in terms of personal attributes, the GOP candidate would need to be an effective communicator and have gravitas. A candidate along the lines of Ron Paul (below average communicator), Sarah Palin (below average communicator), or Herman Cain (no meaningful credentials to suggest that he could lead the nation) will face a very difficult challenge. A high profile governor (executive experience in getting things done) would probably be more attractive than a Senator (very low public approval rating of the Congress), excepting a few Senators who have distinguished themselves or have the ability to do so between now and the 2016 race.

Would this bio fit the bill:

eagle scout

keyboardist in a rock band

two year LDS mission in Taiwan

fluent in Madrin

Bachelor of arts degree in international relations University of Pennsylvania

White House staff assistant in President Ronald Reagan's administration

served as Deputy Assistant Secretary of Commerce under George H.W. Bush

served as United States Ambassador to Singapore under George H.W. Bush. He became the youngest U.S. Ambassador to serve in over 100 years.

served as one of two Deputy U.S. Trade Representatives in the George H.W Bush administration, he launched global trade negotiations in Doha in 2001 and guided the accession of China into the World Trade Organization

From 1993 to 2001, served as an executive for the Huntsman Corporation, chairman of the Huntsman Cancer Foundation, and CEO of Huntsman Family Holdings Company. Other organizations he has served include the Utah Opera, Envision Utah, the Coalition for Utah's Future, and KSL-TV's Family Now campaign.

Governor of Utah from 2005-2009. Under his leadership, Utah was named the best managed state in America by the Pew Center on the States.[2] He won re-election in 2008 with nearly 78% of the vote and left office with approval ratings over 80%.

served as Chairman of the Western Governors Association

joined the Executive Committee of the National Governors Association

served as Ambassador to China under Obama

appointed to the board of directors of the Ford Motor Co. in February 2012

appointed to the board of Caterpillar Inc. in April 2012

ran for U.S. President in 2012

founding director of the Pacific Council on International Policy

served on the boards of the Brookings Institution Asia Policy Board

served on the boards of Asia Society in New York and National Bureau of Asian Research

Co-paneled with a former Obama director of national intelligence a commission on the Theft of American Intellectual Property and China cyber attacks

Co-chair of No Labels, a group of 70 or so and growing U.S. Congressmen/women dedicated to working across the aisle and getting things done

Last edited:
, the GOP candidate would need to articulate a coherent and realistic vision for the future, offer a substantive positive policy approach for increasing the nation's economic growth/improve living standards, and offer real alternatives to policies adopted under the Obama Administration.

Did you forget? You are talking about today's Republican party...LOL....

Not sure if I would necessarily call her a liar with respect to Benghazi... I need to look into it. She isn't my number one choice for the Dems, but she may be the only. We will have to see what her platform is come 2016, she hasn't necessarily gotten me too excited in the last two decades.

Btw, I have a feeling the vast majority of politicians have lied more than a few times....

What was ambiguous about her lying???

They can't make it stick because of the coverups and lies of the left. :spin: :alert

that's not true ... it's because Issa is too busy stealing cars and setting fire to buldings and isn't doing his job ...

A busload of politicians were driving down a country road when, all of a sudden, the bus ran off the road, and crashed into a tree in an old farmer's field.The old farmer, after seeing what had happened, went over to investigate. He then proceeded to dig a hole to bury the politicians.A few days later the local sheriff came out, saw the crashed bus, and asked the old farmer where all the politicians had gone.The old farmer said he had buried them.The sheriff asked the old farmer, "Were they all dead?"The old farmer replied, "Well, some of them said they weren't, but you know how them politicians lie."

you're no man ... a man does not refer to a woman as a bitch ... punks and bad comics do ...

Would this bio fit the bill:

eagle scout

keyboardist in a rock band

two year LDS mission in Taiwan

fluent in Madrin

Bachelor of arts degree in international relations University of Pennsylvania

White House staff assistant in President Ronald Reagan's administration

served as Deputy Assistant Secretary of Commerce under George H.W. Bush

served as United States Ambassador to Singapore under George H.W. Bush. He became the youngest U.S. Ambassador to serve in over 100 years.

served as one of two Deputy U.S. Trade Representatives in the George H.W Bush administration, he launched global trade negotiations in Doha in 2001 and guided the accession of China into the World Trade Organization

From 1993 to 2001, served as an executive for the Huntsman Corporation, chairman of the Huntsman Cancer Foundation, and CEO of Huntsman Family Holdings Company. Other organizations he has served include the Utah Opera, Envision Utah, the Coalition for Utah's Future, and KSL-TV's Family Now campaign.

Governor of Utah from 2005-2009. Under his leadership, Utah was named the best managed state in America by the Pew Center on the States.[2] He won re-election in 2008 with nearly 78% of the vote and left office with approval ratings over 80%.

served as Chairman of the Western Governors Association

joined the Executive Committee of the National Governors Association

served as Ambassador to China under Obama

appointed to the board of directors of the Ford Motor Co. in February 2012

appointed to the board of Caterpillar Inc. in April 2012

ran for U.S. President in 2012

founding director of the Pacific Council on International Policy

served on the boards of the Brookings Institution Asia Policy Board

served on the boards of Asia Society in New York and National Bureau of Asian Research

Co-paneled with a former Obama director of national intelligence a commission on the Theft of American Intellectual Property and China cyber attacks

Co-chair of No Labels, a group of 70 or so and growing U.S. Congressmen/women dedicated to working across the aisle and getting things done

the right will never go with him ... I think you know that ...

Back
Top Bottom