• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Clinton Laid the Groundwork for Bush

danarhea

Slayer of the DP Newsbot
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Undercutting the International Court, the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty, and the Anti-Ballistic Missile Treaty? The Patriot Act? Laws which led to a few giant corporations owning all the media? President Bush's nastiness, right? Dead wrong.

Bill Clinton proposed undermining the treaties. Bush's Patriot Act is nothing more than an extension of Clinton's 1996 Antiterrorist Act, which contained provisions found to be unconstitutional. They are not unconstitutional today. They are part of the Patriot Act. The mega mergers resulted from Clinton's relaxing of laws which had previously prevented them.

Now the Democrats are jumping on the Bash Bush bandwagon big time, but they forget that, in many areas, Bush only stepped into the shoes left behind by Bill Clinton. Think about that one, Democrats.

This is all contained in an article about the destruction of our military under Bush, which also began under guess who? Thats right, Bill Clinton.

Face it. The Democrats might not like Bush, but they are afraid to look in the mirror and see that many members of their own party and the Neocons of the GOP are birds of a feather.

Who will you vote for in 2008? I have a suggeston. How about none of the above?

danarhea said:
Undercutting the International Court, the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty, and the Anti-Ballistic Missile Treaty? The Patriot Act? Laws which led to a few giant corporations owning all the media? President Bush's nastiness, right? Dead wrong.

Bill Clinton proposed undermining the treaties. Bush's Patriot Act is nothing more than an extension of Clinton's 1996 Antiterrorist Act, which contained provisions found to be unconstitutional. They are not unconstitutional today. They are part of the Patriot Act. The mega mergers resulted from Clinton's relaxing of laws which had previously prevented them.

Now the Democrats are jumping on the Bash Bush bandwagon big time, but they forget that, in many areas, Bush only stepped into the shoes left behind by Bill Clinton. Think about that one, Democrats.

This is all contained in an article about the destruction of our military under Bush, which also began under guess who? Thats right, Bill Clinton.

Face it. The Democrats might not like Bush, but they are afraid to look in the mirror and see that many members of their own party and the Neocons of the GOP are birds of a feather.

i'm wondering ... the destruciton of our military. Isn't rumsfeld transforming our military into a more mobile, technologicaly superior force, rather than a force defined by its numbers and firepower?

danarhea said:

I agree with everything except the Patriot Act...

I always thought that this was an extension of the current RICO laws aimed at the mafia to include terrorists...

Nobody laid the ground work for Bush. He devised all his idiot strategies on his own.

Old and wise said:
Nobody laid the ground work for Bush. He devised all his idiot strategies on his own.

Clinton had it in his plan book to invade Iraq you know....

Old and wise said:

a stunning rebuttal to the well reasoned posts above :roll:

Clinton's ideas were the root of many patriot act provisions-phone taps that targeted the individual rather than a specific phone. RICO expansion. Clinton wanted to eliminate 4th Amendment protections for those in public housing.

TurtleDude said:
a stunning rebuttal to the well reasoned posts above :roll:

Clinton's ideas were the root of many patriot act provisions-phone taps that targeted the individual rather than a specific phone. RICO expansion. Clinton wanted to eliminate 4th Amendment protections for those in public housing.

Exactly, and I dont see any Bush bashing Democrats bringing up Waco and Ruby Ridge either. I wonder why? And before you lefties accuse me of bringing up Clinton to defend bush, stow it. I am already a well known Bush basher in this forum, so that tactic wont work. You have to look at the big picture, which is that we are being screwed by Republicans on one end, and Democrats on the other, but some people only give a damn if one side screws them. Those people have been totally screwed and dont even know it.

danarhea said:
Exactly, and I dont see any Bush bashing Democrats bringing up Waco and Ruby Ridge either. I wonder why? And before you lefties accuse me of bringing up Clinton to defend bush, stow it. I am already a well known Bush basher in this forum, so that tactic wont work. You have to look at the big picture, which is that we are being screwed by Republicans on one end, and Democrats on the other, but some people only give a damn if one side screws them. Those people have been totally screwed and dont even know it.
Someone who see's it as it is! AMEN! Like professional wrestling, it's basicly a fake fight. Both sides are heading toward the same agenda. Fascism and One World Order. George senior said a One World Order himself, but even though the words came out of his mouth, those who refuse to see won't believe.:agree

Back
Top Bottom