• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Clinton IT aide Pagliano to plead Fifth in email case

It means lying under oath, like saying "I did not have sex with that woman" when you, in fact, did. ;)

While having (consentual) sex with a woman is not illegal it may, none the less, be wiser simply not to answer that question at all.

Not that simple. It must be a lie that is material to the subject of the proceeding and making statements that might be misleading, but are technically true doesn't count. Clinton didn't commit perjury as it is statutorily defined. "I did not have sexual relations with that woman" wasn't perjury. It was absolutely misleading, but it was a legally technically true statement because what he did do was not included in the definition of sexual relations established for the purpose of the proceeding.

Last edited:
Pagliano probably doesn't want to end up in Fort Marcy Park. :mrgreen:

Probably about as happy as I am that you concede people, even people on the jury, can make up their minds any way they want to on the matter.

Have I ever said differently? I made a statement based on the poster's questioning of why anybody would plead the 5th. You seem to have some sort of problem with it.

Was he hired by the government or simply granted a government contract? There is a major difference - rest assured that contractors can be fired. It is highly unlikely that the State Department hired him to place a "private" server in HRC's home.

They hired him as an employee of the state department at Hillary's request. He handled some IT function there. No point in paying someone to do something when you can get your employer to pay for it. I would agree that the HR people didn't know he would put up a server at the Clintons'.

Strange that CNN and the mainstream media seems to have no interest in Pagliano pleading the fifth. Not newsworthy.

Hmmm.

It means lying under oath, like saying "I did not have sex with that woman" when you, in fact, did. ;)

While having (consentual) sex with a woman is not illegal it may, none the less, be wiser simply not to answer that question at all.

Great example!

Clinton IT aide Pagliano to plead Fifth in email case | Fox News

Why would he need to plead the fifth? He only set up a server as instructed by Hillary Clinton.

Is he pleading the fifth for Hillary?

Because doing something illegal at the behest of someone else doesn't absolve you from doing that illegal act. And, in this case, and IT professional definitely would know he was doing something wrong, as that's his job. I mean, I may feel bad for him because I wouldn't be surprised if Hillary coerced him into doing it because she's an evil hag that doesn't care about the "little guys".

You obviously missed the point.

I understood the point. I just thought it was a very crappy point. So I used sarcasm to say the following: You want to assume that he is pleading the fifth in order to protect Hillary, which assumption is based on the further assumption that he is doing this because Hillary commanded him to do something illegal. Having some experience with concepts like the presumption of innocence, I reject these assumptions no matter how much I dislike that woman.

I rather think it is you who has missed my point.

I understood the point. I just thought it was a very crappy point. So I used sarcasm to say the following: You want to assume that he is pleading the fifth in order to protect Hillary, which assumption is based on the further assumption that he is doing this because Hillary commanded him to do something illegal. Having some experience with concepts like the presumption of innocence, I reject these assumptions no matter how much I dislike that woman.

I rather think it is you who has missed my point.

The dude is following Hillary's orders. And the DNC.

Because doing something illegal at the behest of someone else doesn't absolve you from doing that illegal act. And, in this case, and IT professional definitely would know he was doing something wrong, as that's his job. I mean, I may feel bad for him because I wouldn't be surprised if Hillary coerced him into doing it because she's an evil hag that doesn't care about the "little guys".

Setting up a personal server is illegal? Since when?

He's not responsible for the content that came across that server.

It is if you know what it's going to be used for and then provide support for it after it's already been used and do things that we have documented like temporarily shut down the server because of a hacking attempt.

It is if you know what it's going to be used for and then provide support for it after it's already been used and do things that we have documented like temporarily shut down the server because of a hacking attempt.

He's an IT guy. He can't be held responsible for what it was used for.

HOWEVER, he can be responsible if he was ordered to destroy thousands of e-mails at the outset of this investigation.

He's an IT guy. He can't be held responsible for what it was used for.

HOWEVER, he can be responsible if he was ordered to destroy thousands of e-mails at the outset of this investigation.

That's like saying the getaway driver can't be held responsible for the person robbing the store. If you're knowingly participating in something against the law or regulations, you're definitely going to be held accountable for it.

That's like saying the getaway driver can't be held responsible for the person robbing the store. If you're knowingly participating in something against the law or regulations, you're definitely going to be held accountable for it.

If a non-governmental IT guy setting up a server was told about top secret information coming across the server, then we have a WAY bigger story here than we even thought.

No need to take the fifth then.

Clinton IT aide Pagliano to plead Fifth in email case | Fox News

Why would he need to plead the fifth? He only set up a server as instructed by Hillary Clinton.

Is he pleading the fifth for Hillary?

Gee wiz..............I don't know. What do you think?.........

Of course you know there could be dozens of reasons why his Attnys have told him it best for him to plead 5th amendment right against self-incrimination..........

And which may have nothing to do with Clinton and/or email server..........

Have you ever considered that as a possibility?

Gee wiz..............I don't know. What do you think?.........

Of course you know there could be dozens of reasons why his Attnys have told him it best for him to plead 5th amendment right against self-incrimination..........

And which may have nothing to do with Clinton and/or email server..........

Have you ever considered that as a possibility?

Hahahahaha !!!

Pleading the fifth means you are guilty of something but you want to invoke your right against self incrimination and either hope someone grants you immunity or there is not enough evidence to charge you with anything, even though you did it. Or, it could mean that someone else is guilty of something and you don't want them to be found guilty based on your testimony. Any other reason is just a stretch of the imagination.

Last edited:
Pleading the fifth means you are guilty of something but you want to invoke your right against self incrimination and either hope someone grants you immunity or there is not enough evidence to charge you with anything, even though you did it. Or, it could mean that someone else is guilty of something and you don't want them to be found guilty based on your testimony. Any other reason is just a stretch of the imagination.

All of what you say "pleading the fifth" means is nothing more than speculation based upon a predetermined bias...............wouldn't you agree?

BTW

Do you even know anything about the case where Pagliano is pleading the fifth? And what exactly the questions he is asserting his constitutional right?

RELATED
Which Clinton Aide Arranged the Private Email Server? - Management - GovExec.com
Which Clinton Aide Arranged the Private Email Server?

“When the State Department watchdog on May 25 released a damning report on former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s lapses in email management, the footnotes added a new wrinkle to the story that could force other shoes to drop in the 2016 presidential campaign.

“In addition to Secretary Clinton, eight former Department employees declined OIG requests for interviews,” Inspector General Steve Linick wrote after itemizing by title the dozens of current and former State employees who did cooperate with investigators in the highly scrutinized controversy. Two additional individuals did not respond to the IG’s requests……………
SEE:
State IG: Clinton Ignored Department Protocol in Using Private Email Server - Oversight - GovExec.com

All of what you say "pleading the fifth" means is nothing more than speculation based upon a predetermined bias...............wouldn't you agree?

BTW

Do you even know anything about the case where Pagliano is pleading the fifth? And what exactly the questions he is asserting his constitutional right?

As long as you agree that the reasons someone might plead the fifth, even though you are innocent, are pure speculation.

Back
Top Bottom